Baby Boy for Prince Louis & Tessy Antony - Gabriel: March 12, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First I wish the couple and the baby happiness and health. With their families support he will be raised in a loving and happy environment. Now as for role models I believe your role models should be your parents or teachers not celebrities and not royalty. No one should look at these people as a way to live their lives they are only humans thats all.

Danielane said:
No reason to celebrate the most wonderful event of the world, the birth of a child? No matter what I think about out-of-wedlock child, no matter what I think about what Louis and Tessy did, no matter being prochoice or prolife, a child is born and this must be celebrated. He could be the child of the poorest woman in the world, a child is born and this is always great happiness.

Very well said, Danielane! :)

I agree with the quote: A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. (Carl Sandburg)

I agree this is not the Ideal situation and it's not a good example for others teenagers/young adults, but a baby is born and I'm very glad with that! It's desperating when poor people don't have anyone to help them and their children, but if Louis and Tessy have support from the family, that's Great! I don't believe Louis will live from now on without working. Let's wait and see.

I hope to see a picture of the baby soon!

I don't really follow the Luxembourg Royal Family but I read about this on the Hello website and have to admit I was surprised.

However, the birth of any child is a joyous event. It's good to see this young prince taking his responsibility over the birth of his son. He could have just as easily arranged to pay off his girlfriend but he hasn't.

Lady Marmalade said:
Here here!!!! :)

Thank you for being pragmatic.

Another child born because two teenagers could not control their lust and forgot about protection.

That's okay..the palace nannies and his billions will pay for everything...

I don't want to get into a huge morality debate but unless you were in the bedroom when they had sex I don't see how you can certain that they didn't use contraception.

No contraception is 100% safe, it can and does fail.

At least this child will grow up with loving parents who are able to provide for their child.

Last edited by a moderator:
MOLEY said:
I don't see what is to celebrate, A baby born to unmarried teenagers is not exactly a role model for young people in today's luxumbourg. Grand duchess Josephine-charlotte must be spinning not just turing in her grave.

I too think its irresponsible for two young unmarried people to have a child without committing to their future, but with all the things that can go wrong in a pregnancy, surely the healthy birth of any baby is cause to celebrate. The child did not ask to be born; don't burden the child with the sins of the parents.

Congrats to the parents. Since the baby isn't a member of the royal family I wonder if there will be baby pictures? I can't wait. I am a sucker for babies.

At least baby Gabriel is healthy: I know alot of posts say "the family is supportive" but what about Tessys' family are they thrilled/proud to be sorta kinda related via their new grandson to the Grand-Ducal family or embarrassed? Are they putting up balloons/ stork signs announcing the birth to everybody on their street? are their neighbors slapping granddad/mom on his/her back telling them you know he's set for life you must be so proud of Tessy; wish it was MY daughter!"???
Wittykitty:confused:

Like Little Star I wasn't really aware of this until reading about it on Hello. However, it is a refreshing change that the Luxembourg royals have been so open about the pregnancy/birth from the start rather than saying nothing and covering it up only for the 'scndalous revelations' about the child to come out a few years down the line in a tacky tabloid.

ysbel said:
I too think its irresponsible for two young unmarried people to have a child without committing to their future, but with all the things that can go wrong in a pregnancy, surely the healthy birth of any baby is cause to celebrate. The child did not ask to be born; don't burden the child with the sins of the parents.

A sin??? Is it a sin to make love when you are not married. I know a lot of people who have children and have lived together for 20 years without being married. You cant judge people to be sinners just because they have children without being married.

A sin??? Is it a sin to make love when you are not married. I know a lot of people who have children and have lived together for 20 years without being married. You cant judge people to be sinners just because they have children without being married.

It all depends on religion. The Grand Dukes are Roman Catholics. In the eyes of the Church, premarital sex is a sin. Having children out of wedlock is considered to be a taboo and a very grave situation to be in even in other cultures that are not Roman Catholics. It's a very touchy situation between a royal family and relgion. In some countries, like the UK, the church and ruler and intertwined. As a member of a royal family, like it or not, you are a role model for the rest of the country and the standards are a lot higher for you than for the common man.

I'm torn about this birth, really. As with the other posters, every birth of a child is a joyous one. They are gifts and should be received with happiness and gratitude. On the other hand, I have to think of this child's future and, shamefully for me, the circumstances of his birth. He is still illegitimate, and therefore, his position with the family is tenuous. If Louis marries someone else and has children with his wife, his firstborn might be pushed to the background. It's a sad thing, but it has happened before.

And about money? Yes, true that Gabriel will be set for life. However, the most important things in this life are things money can't buy. We never know what will happen in the future as to how he will be seen by the royals and by the people, through no fault of his own. The fact that he was born out od wedlock presents a lot of challenges for him in the future and money won't be able to save him in some circumstances.

Moonlightrhapsody said:
It all depends on religion. The Grand Dukes are Roman Catholics. In the eyes of the Church, premarital sex is a sin. Having children out of wedlock is considered to be a taboo and a very grave situation to be in even in other cultures that are not Roman Catholics. It's a very touchy situation between a royal family and relgion. In some countries, like the UK, the church and ruler and intertwined. As a member of a royal family, like it or not, you are a role model for the rest of the country and the standards are a lot higher for you than for the common man.

I'm torn about this birth, really. As with the other posters, every birth of a child is a joyous one. They are gifts and should be received with happiness and gratitude. On the other hand, I have to think of this child's future and, shamefully for me, the circumstances of his birth. He is still illegitimate, and therefore, his position with the family is tenuous. If Louis marries someone else and has children with his wife, his firstborn might be pushed to the background. It's a sad thing, but it has happened before.

And about money? Yes, true that Gabriel will be set for life. However, the most important things in this life are things money can't buy. We never know what will happen in the future as to how he will be seen by the royals and by the people, through no fault of his own. The fact that he was born out od wedlock presents a lot of challenges for him in the future and money won't be able to save him in some circumstances.

Thank you for voicing my own feelings so succinctly. ;)

betina said:

betina, I was using the term sin loosely. Sorry, if I caused offense. I do think its irresponsible for young people to have children without having their own life and relationship sorted out; every child deserves to be born to parents who have their act together before the baby comes on the scene.

But a healthy birth is always a miracle and shouldn't be condemned.

Moonlightrhapsody said:
In some countries, like the UK, the church and ruler and intertwined. As a member of a royal family, like it or not, you are a role model for the rest of the country and the standards are a lot higher for you than for the common man.

If Louis marries someone else and has children with his wife, his firstborn might be pushed to the background. It's a sad thing, but it has happened before.

The British royal family has committed a couple of "sins" no Christian church would be happy with even though they are closely connected to the church, e.g. the divorce of Charles and Diana, the marriage of Charles and Camilla. It seems to me everybody has profited and today the public isn't really outraged about the turn things have taken.

His first child might be pushed to the background indeed when Louis marries somebody else. Still, this is not the child's fault and not putting the circumstances aside and greeting the child joyfully seems wrong to me. Even if he grows up in a single-parent family, he can still become a good and productive member of society.

I agree...it is not the baby's fault. I truly hope the child grows up into a loving, caring...and RESPONSIBLE person.

It is kind of neat he and I share the same birthday.. March 12th...although I am ancient compared to him. :)

susan alicia said:
think the innocence of the child born has to be considered, it is not his or her fault. In the past children born out of wedlock were treated very badly at schools and in communities in general and most of us in Europe find that now unacceptable and unfair for the child.

(in the big prestigious firm where I work some highly qualified men have chosen not to marry and are totally responsible for their children, they settle everything legaly and are living with the mother. A partner made a joke to one of them: "you know you can not become a partner if you have children while not being married", it was a joke because that was the attitude in the past, now, in holland at least you are judged for the work you do)

Well, that is your country then.

Some of us prefer old-fashioned norms, morals, folkways, and so on. And to the contrary, none of us are perfect, including me.

I can see a lot of opinions are based on the different countries represented on here..their cultures and so on, and that is a good thing, the diversity.

Look, we all have different ideas on this event. And we all have the right to post them.

It just seems people who think it is not such a wonderful thing are NOT allowed to post on here.

It seems you have to be all starry-eyed and gushing in order to have your posts accepted on this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
suturegeisha said:
Actually, they are still teens- Louis is anyway, he's 19.

And, IMO, GD Josephine-Charlotte, a fine and lovely woman in every sense of the word, would have spit bats at this little turn of events if she were still alive.
I don't think what Louis and Tessy [remember, it takes TWO to make a baby!!!!] did was at all responsible nor was it honorable, but, as they say, the damage is done. The only one I feel sorry for is the baby- he didn't ask to be born to a pair of unwed teenage parents.
Besides, stuff like this happens in private all the time. Oh well. :rolleyes:

Louis was 19 and Tessy 22. I wouldn't consider them teens still. You maybe right about GD Josephine, she may have been lovely and fine but she was old fashion in the sense that she might have "spit bats";). Although if I recall back in the time women got pregnant and married at 16 or 17. But I think marriage is the key here. Maybe people wouldn't have been upset if they were married? Anyhow the act was unresponsible as you say. All we can do is hope for the baby and might I add he won't be in need of love or protection from the royal family.:)

Lots of mixed opinions & emotions here...might as well add my two cents worth :)

I'm thankful that the baby is healthy, and he & his mother are doing well. That is truly the most important thing. I do believe that a child is a blessing, and should be welcomed by all.

Like Lady Marmalade though I do not agree that either Prince Louis or his girlfriend acted responsibly prior to the conception of their son. First and foremost: while technically & legally they are adults, the truth is most likely neither is prepared for the responsibilities that come with parenthood. And if you choose to be sexually active, the possibility of parenthood is always present, whether contraception is used or not. Therefore you'd better be prepared for the consequences. It is highly questionable that Prince Louis or Tessy Anthony gave that much thought- 19 year olds are not noted for their judgement.

Yes, the financial burden is certainly lessened in this instance, which will undoubtedly help. However there is a lot more to raising a child than paying the bills for him. It remains to be seen if Gabriel's mother & father are up to the task of raising their son. Given their youth, I'm not optimistic as to their chances.

Well I read that there won't be an official photo so no hope there. Also that Prince Louis will go to Switzerland to finish his studies in the next weeks. More information on:
http://www.nettyroyal.nl/news.html

Kelly said:
Louis was 19 and Tessy 22. I wouldn't consider them teens still. You maybe right about GD Josephine, she may have been lovely and fine but she was old fashion in the sense that she might have "spit bats";). Although if I recall back in the time women got pregnant and married at 16 or 17. But I think marriage is the key here. Maybe people wouldn't have been upset if they were married? Anyhow the act was unresponsible as you say. All we can do is hope for the baby and might I add he won't be in need of love or protection from the royal family.:)

You're right on that- I have a feeling that baby is going to be spoiled enormously by his grandparents and uncles and aunt. :)

Also, I don't believe that people would have been quite so critical if the couple had been married....you're right on that too.
And I think Tessy is 20? She can't be older than me [I'm 21]. And I know for certain that Louis is 19.

I'd like to give Louis and Tessy a chance to prove that they can be responsible parents before deciding whether or not they were ready. I've met a handful of couples in their situation, and while I have to admit that most weren't ready for the obligations of parenthood, some of them have been responsible from the start.

Regardless, I want to congratulate Louis and Tessy, and wish the mother and baby good health.

I feel sorry for the child. He will not have a title or something I didn't understand that bit, but it wasn't the baby's fault.

Also yes I do believe that Tessy and Louis were irresponsible to get pregnant out of wedlock, but that doesn't mean they will be bad parents.

Last edited:
Thanks god Luxembourg isn't Monaco nor Great Britain and thus not in the focus of the journalists. Although people will talk and there's some excitement with this surprising birth (which I would call an "accident" although I don't like to use this term at all considering the birth of a new human being) there isn't the kind of outrage it would be in other monarchies.;)

In my eyes the Grand Ducal family should publish an official picture of the baby so that mouths will shut up.

19 years is really young for becoming a father ... I couldn't imagine having a son for two years now! I'm certain that Louis and Tessy will get all the support they need from GD Henri and GD Maria Teresa who aren't conservative at all.

Louis and Tessy

At least the Grand Duchy didnt make Tessy have an abortion or hide the fact that she was pregnant. The other countries where Monarchies exist, this would have certainly have been kept secret, such as Prince Albert of Monaco's secret love child situation amongst many other regards.

congrats for them.. hope the baby and mommy is doing fine..

Little_star said:
I don't really follow the Luxembourg Royal Family but I read about this on the Hello website and have to admit I was surprised.

However, the birth of any child is a joyous event. It's good to see this young prince taking his responsibility over the birth of his son. He could have just as easily arranged to pay off his girlfriend but he hasn't.

ITA Congrats to the happy couple
36_1_66.gif
. Hopefully we will see pix in the

next few weeks...fingers crossed

As for them being so young and having an illegitimate baby. I don't see what the problem is? Yes they're royal and ideally its nice to have a baby born in marriage to older parents and not teenagers. But what is done is done.

Prince Louis and his girlfriend have plenty of money and support so everything will be fine. His and her family are happy, the baby is healthy (as far as we know) SO ALL IS GOOD.

Were they not taught sex education at school, a HRH is a role model and there for young people who read magazines will see a prince and his girlfriend with a child and think oh yes that looks kinda cool and follow and we will be left with immoral teenagers giving no respect to their parent's and the church.( the grand ducal family are a prominant roman catholic family and catholic schools teach children about abstinance and moral guidance which has clearly gone out the window) yes abortion is a way out but surley contraception is available in luxumbourg, isnt that a better alternative then a child brought into the world by mere children with no life experiences.

betina said:
But the question is are they still together, even living together or have they already gone their separate ways?

I would hope that teenagers have enough sense not to want to copy the prince and his girlfriend. Parents should be role models not princes.

MOLEY said:
Were they not taught sex education at school, a HRH is a role model and there for young people who read magazines will see a prince and his girlfriend with a child and think oh yes that looks kinda cool and follow and we will be left with immoral teenagers giving no respect to their parent's and the church.( the grand ducal family are a prominant roman catholic family and catholic schools teach children about abstinance and moral guidance which has clearly gone out the window) yes abortion is a way out but surley contraception is available in luxumbourg, isnt that a better alternative then a child brought into the world by mere children with no life experiences.

I do not think teenagers will look at them as role models and decide to have babies. They'd rather be scared off, I think, when they realize what a big fuss is made on account of this birth.

MOLEY said:

Well, I'm maybe totally ignorant (although catholic) but I don't see how the simple fact of having pre-marital sex means you are immoral and giving no respect to your parents and to the church (and I precise they are for me lot of more importants matter in the Catholic Church than having sex or not before wedding).

Regina said:
Very well said, Danielane! :)

I agree with the quote: A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. (Carl Sandburg)

I agree this is not the Ideal situation and it's not a good example for others teenagers/young adults, but a baby is born and I'm very glad with that! It's desperating when poor people don't have anyone to help them and their children, but if Louis and Tessy have support from the family, that's Great! I don't believe Louis will live from now on without working. Let's wait and see.

I hope to see a picture of the baby soon!

I totally agree! If we all waited for the IDEAL situation, I hardly think ANYTHING positive or negative would happen in this world. At least they took a decision and are standing by it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom