The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 03:24 PM
Heir Apparent

And I'm not sure but I think that illegitimate children of Louis XIV and Marquise de Montespan took de Bourbon's surname.

But if f.ex. little Gabriel wouldn't recive his father's surname mybe he will want to do what has done Leandro Alfonso Ruiz Morages illegitimate son of Alfonso XIII and Carmen Ruiz Morages who was officially recognized by Spanish courts on 2003 as Leonardo de Borbón Ruiz, son of Alfonso XIII.

Old 08-06-2006, 12:16 AM
Aristocracy

In England, didn't they always but "Fitz" infront of the child's surname if the child was illegitimate? i.e. the son of Henry VIII by Bessie Blount was Henry Fitzroy, etc?
Is there a Luxembourgish equivalent?

Old 08-09-2006, 09:51 PM
Courtier

King William IV of Great Britain had 10 (or 12, I forget) illegitimate children and they were all called Fitzclarence (he was Duke of Clarence then) I bet Gabriel will be Gabriel de Luxembourg or Gabriel de Nassau. I wonder why the family doesn't reveal his last name?
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 08-10-2006, 01:37 AM
Serene Highness

I don't know, but king William lived in 19th century. Royals had a lot of changed since this century. I can quote one Slovak magazine (plus 7 dní), where they wrote: Openly profess to illegimate child and then without problems reject marriage, in this has Luxemburgian grand ducal family primacy.
There was more interesting things about Tessy, Henri and Louis, but I don't know, If I can post it (because of copyright)
Old 08-11-2006, 12:54 AM
Serene Highness

mims, could you summarize what this magazine says? Thanx in advance.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:42 AM
Serene Highness

Well it says, that Luxembourg was in shock, when grand ducal palace announced, that first grandchild to grand ducal couple won't give Guillaume, But Louis and Tessy Anthony. Oficial informations says, that Louis and Tessy are together for one year, but the true is, Louis and Tessy weren't together until Tessy became pregnant. Rumours says Louis and Tessy had only one night thing and they aren't in love. That's why they are rejecting wedding.
Then there is something about Henri and MT. and the last one says, that Tessy is daughter of roofer (which is republican) and she served in Kosovo.
Louis will study in Switzerland and Tessy will go back to army. Modern people are happy, but other royals stayed in shock...
I hope, you understand to something, because my english is really chaotic. These informations were takem from similar slovak magazines.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:23 PM
Serene Highness

mims,
Thank you for the summary. I undrestand everything and your English is really good. If facts are like described by this magazine Tessy & Louis story is sad, with no promise for the happy end.But at least the child will be financially well taken for.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:09 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks Kakshmi!
I've forgotten on one thing. In article about Henri and MT there was something, that grandparents will take care on baby and they will help to young parents... so if is Gabriel with MT and Henri, we can say he is really in good hands.
Old 08-13-2006, 02:47 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by mims111
Well it says, that Luxembourg was in shock, when grand ducal palace announced, that first grandchild to grand ducal couple won't give Guillaume, But Louis and Tessy Anthony. Oficial informations says, that Louis and Tessy are together for one year, but the true is, Louis and Tessy weren't together until Tessy became pregnant. Rumours says Louis and Tessy had only one night thing and they aren't in love. That's why they are rejecting wedding.
Then there is something about Henri and MT. and the last one says, that Tessy is daughter of roofer (which is republican) and she served in Kosovo.
Louis will study in Switzerland and Tessy will go back to army. Modern people are happy, but other royals stayed in shock...
I hope, you understand to something, because my english is really chaotic. These informations were takem from similar slovak magazines.
mims111
How trustworthy are these slovak magazines?
Old 08-13-2006, 03:01 AM
Serene Highness

Offf, from half tabloids and then magazines for womens... but I believe especially to that one from which were taken almost 80% infos. It had infos about prince William and Kate Middleton before first photos. I don't doubt about this.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:41 PM
Courtier

you really cant believe rumours especially royal rumours 50% are usually made up... and we may never know the truth
Old 08-16-2006, 10:35 AM
Aristocracy

No fotos from the christening?
Old 08-16-2006, 11:02 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASSARD
No fotos from the christening?
There's a forum about Gabriel's Christening:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...06-a-9480.html

And you can see some pics here: (It's in spanish though).
http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2006/04/24/luxemburgo-bautizo/

(Hope I'm not breaking any rule, if I am, feel free to edit this, I already read the rules and everything but I can't seem to remember them all, sorry!)
Old 08-16-2006, 03:43 PM
Aristocracy

This situation seems like a very awkward situation. Tessy looks so, so young to be a mother. I hope the two familes help with childrearing.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:29 PM
Nobility

I agree. I mean I'm not one to always just believe anything the press says and the GD family have released statements about Louis and Tessy but on the other hand not everything the palace says may be true, just like not everything the press says is false either. The recent stuff makes me think that things aren't as harmonious as things seem, but whatever it is that's going on I hope that both families are thinking about Gabriel.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:42 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by grim_lady
but whatever it is that's going on I hope that both families are thinking about Gabriel.
I agree with you on that. No matter how you may feel about one another, the child should come first. Don't bad mouth the other parent or the grandparents in front of the child. It will not help the situation.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:35 AM
Courtier

Prince Louis Is so young and already a father I hope he will try to be a good father to his son and that someday his son will be included in the line of succession.He and his girlfriend have stated that they not wed in the future. Nice if they could change their minds.But that ' s their choice and not mine.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:03 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Star
Prince Louis Is so young and already a father I hope he will try to be a good father to his son and that someday his son will be included in the line of succession.He and his girlfriend have stated that they not wed in the future. Nice if they could change their minds.But that ' s their choice and not mine.
I don't think he ever said he would never marry Tessy, he may or may not in the future. As for Gabriel being included in the line of succession, I also wish for him to be included but I'm pretty sure that will only happen if Louis and Tessy marry. We never know what the future holds....
Old 08-22-2006, 12:07 AM

i think they will married someday...i mean if louis wants his son to be his 'legal' son. If he married with other girl not tessy who is his son's mother.it will be a controversial marriage..but anyway he should married with someone he loves..who he wants to spend the rest of his life with...like his parents's marriage...like i will either..cause i will marry someone i love...like prince guillaume....hehe
Old 08-22-2006, 02:42 PM
Aristocracy

I don't follow a lot the Luxembourg's royal family,but is there anywhere a picture of the mother Tessy Anthony and the baby?