A Son for Félix and Claire - Liam Henri Hartmut: November 28, 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect we will get a name released once official pictures are released, probably in time for Christmas. With Amalia's birth taking place in Luxembourg it was probably easy to get all the information and the pictures and release them in one go.

I suspect we will get a name released once official pictures are released, probably in time for Christmas. With Amalia's birth taking place in Luxembourg it was probably easy to get all the information and the pictures and release them in one go.

That, and Princess Amalia was at the time of her birth (and still is) the possible Heiress to the Throne.

Love the name didn't expect that. Great photos

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

The children are adorable, but I do not really like the name. Liam does not sound very regal to me.

But this boy is not a direct heir (his is a son of Felix, not Guillaume)
Hartmut is after his maternal grandfather's name. isn't it?

The fact that Felix and Claire have chosen such a "non regal" name for their little son could mean that they do not expect him to reign but to live a private life.

It could mean that they have every expectation that Guillaume and Stephanie will yet have children, which makes me happy.:)

Amalia is adorable and looks more and more like her father.

The fact that Felix and Claire have chosen such a "non regal" name for their little son could mean that they do not expect him to reign but to live a private life.

It could mean that they have every expectation that Guillaume and Stephanie will yet have children, which makes me happy.:)

Amalia is adorable and looks more and more like her father.

Agree with this. It's like a conscious statement that he does not have dynastic obligations and an effort to give him a private life already.

Cute name but as someone said, never thought there'd be a Prince Liam, and from the Lux RF at that. :)

unexpected choice of name but i like it! i wonder if it is a name used in french / german speaking countries at all. it is very anglosaxon sounding to me.

henri and hartmut as names were expected, following amalia's names of her two grandmas, Gabriela and Maria Theresa.

cute pictures of the family too - amalia is so grown up! she is a felix mini-me.

Agree with this. It's like a conscious statement that he does not have dynastic obligations and an effort to give him a private life already.

Cute name but as someone said, never thought there'd be a Prince Liam, and from the Lux RF at that. :)

It's the same with "Prince Vincent" in Denmark and "Princess Estelle" for me...I just can't reconcile myself with the idea of those names as Royal names.:ermm:

Not a fan of that name but he will always be a minor royal so perhaps this is an attempt at the norm and good for them .. I just don't like it ...

There is a Prince Liam on 'The Royals'. Prince Liam Henstridge is the heir to the throne. Maybe the inspiration? King Liam has a nice ring to it.

The Royals | E! News

But this boy is not a direct heir (his is a son of Felix, not Guillaume)
Hartmut is after his maternal grandfather's name. isn't it?

Yes, Hartmut like Henri is for his grandpa. No surprise as Amalia is Amalia Gabriela Maria Theresa for her two grandmas.

No he is not a direct heir. But until his uncle has kids, he is second in line in the next generation, fourth over all, so close enough to expect a more traditional.

Liam is often used as a short form of William. Guillaume is a form of Willian. Perhaps considered it a modern twist and honor to the baby's uncle and others in the family with it. I'd not becsurprised if guillaume is godfather.

It's the same with "Prince Vincent" in Denmark and "Princess Estelle" for me...I just can't reconcile myself with the idea of those names as Royal names.:ermm:

Vincent, Athena, Liam are good names for minor royals. And they have Royal middle names (just in case). Estelle is still a disaster.

The name Estelle I find to be quite charming, Vincent still acceptable. Liam, while a melodic name, is the most untraditional--like a skateboarding teen or a millennial with a band or that pal of yours who is cute but can't get his life together, no offense to the Liams out there.

I mean, what's next, Prince Travis? :D

In my country Vincent is very traditional, not very common I'd say. If it's regal I don't know, but Prince Vincent sounds nice to me. Estelle was a huge surprise for a future queen regnant, I've gotten used to it over the years, I like it know, but I remember I hated when it was announced. Athena was another surprise, for me it was worse because I know people who have Vincent (Vicente) and Estelle (Stella) as names, but Athena huh! Never met one in my life except for the godess in the Greek mithology. Still a big NO for me! It's like naming your kid Hercules.

Liam...Not regal for me. Maybe with french accent it might work. But Liam is way to hollywood for me, because it reminds me of Liam Neeson and Liam Hemsworth.

I've taught a lot of naughty boys called Liam! I don't particularly like it as a name and I really don't like it with a title but hey ho...

Really surprised by this name! I like Liam in general but not for the name of a royal child.

Liam is a very popular name in Ireland and is short for William. I never thought I'd see a Prince Liam!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liam

Liam is highly popular in the U.S., too.

Social Security's Top Ten Baby Names for 2015
1. Noah/Emma
2. Liam/Olivia
3. Mason/Sophia
4. Jacob/Ava
5. William/Isabella
6. Ethan/Mia
7. James/Abigail
8. Alexander/Emily
9. Michael/Charlotte
10. Benjamin/Harper

Liam is often used as a short form of William. Guillaume is a form of William. Perhaps considered it a modern twist and honor to the baby's uncle and others in the family with it. I'd not be surprised if Guillaume is godfather.

Felix's own name is Felix Leopold Marie Guillaume.

In fact, each of Henri and Maria Teresa's sons has Guillaume as one of their names and Alexandra has Wilhelmine.

i agree about liam being an unexpected choice and about other untraditional royal baby names. estelle was very unexpected when it was announced. i am still not super convinced about it. athena was unexpected and untraditional, but i find it a very regal name regardless. other names like froilan, zaria, luana and sverre were completely unexpected, yet they work nicely now. i think zara must have been fairly unknown as a name prior to zara phillips. felix and claire are also not alone within the luxembourgish family, noah is untraditional too and i imagine so was felix's name when announced. their cousin anunciata also has a unique name.

i agree about liam being an unexpected choice and about other untraditional royal baby names. estelle was very unexpected when it was announced. i am still not super convinced about it. athena was unexpected and untraditional, but i find it a very regal name regardless. other names like froilan, zaria, luana and sverre were completely unexpected, yet they work nicely now. i think zara must have been fairly unknown as a name prior to zara phillips. felix and claire are also not alone within the luxembourgish family, noah is untraditional too and i imagine so was felix's name when announced. their cousin anunciata also has a unique name.
I'm going to disagree with you.
Neither Froilan, Luana and Zaria have that names as their first, Froilan is Felipe, Luana is Emma and Zaria is Joanna (the same as Josephine which has Ivalo on her name, but no one says that, at least Josephine is her first name).
How come Noah is untraditional? It's a biblical name, biblical names are the most traditional for me.
And Sverre is a common nordic name, especially in Norway, it was not unexpected like Estelle's.
Anunciata is very traditional name, it's a religious name. We don't use that name nowadays because it's "too old" for people of this generation, but it's not unique, it has lots of history especially for Spain.

Last edited:
Felix's own name is Felix Leopold Marie Guillaume.

In fact, each of Henri and Maria Teresa's sons has Guillaume as one of their names and Alexandra has Wilhelmine.

All or most of the Luxembourgish and Belgian Royal males have "Marie" as part of their birth names as well, in honor of the Blessed Virgin.

It seems Felix and Claire have broken with this particular tradition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom