A Son for Félix and Claire - Liam Henri Hartmut: November 28, 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to think about Joachim&Marie's choice of name for Athena as the most nonstandard and surprising. I don't want to offend anyone, but Danish Princess with such a Greek name, I mean, it must have been shock for the Danes, even though she is unlikely to become a Crown Princess/Queen.
But Prince Liam sounds even more strange to me, like the name of the hero from movies kind of "The Princess Diaries" and so on.
But I think it's OK,considering the fact that he most likely won't become a monarch someday

isn't there a Prince Liam in one of those UK monarchy serials? But I think that Athena is fine, it is a classical name, and its not like she was called Brett or Tracy..

The prince In the American 'the royals' series about a fictional English monarchy is Liam.

Athena may be a classical name but certainly not in Scandinavia. Just as Estelle is classical, just not Swedish or Royal.

While Catharina-Amalia surely has a regal sound and both names appear in the genealogical tree of the House Orange-Nassau, her sisters Alexia and Ariane have "new" royal names in said tree. I think it is safe to say: the furtherer from the the throne, the more freedom the parents have.

Regarding Liam: I would have preferred Guillaume/Wilhelm as formal name and Liam as calling name, but okay: that is the same situation as Harry/Henry in the UK.

Last edited:
Still nothing known about the christening?

Still nothing known about the christening?

Yes I am surprised there is not even an announcement regarding the christening, even though it's been almost 4 months since his birth.

I wonder why they chose to deliver in Switzerland since Amalia was born in Luxembourg and they live in France; Switzerland is unexpected. Maybe the birth was sooner than expected? Or maybe they wanted one of their kids to have a connection to the country where Felix and Claire met? Interesting choice.

Recent updates to Claire's official biography state that Felix and Claire live in Geneva, although they still oversee the vineyard estate of Chateau-les-Crostes in the south of France. That helps to explain why Claire chose to give birth in Switzerland.

http://www.monarchie.lu/pictures/photos/famille/EN-BiographiePrincesseClaire_Mars2017.pdf

By this time should we not know the date of the baptism of Prince Liam?

His sister Princess Amalia was baptised a little over a month after her birth,strange that Prince Liam has not been baptised yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom