Where will Guillaume live once he marries?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maha01

Commoner
City
london
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick thought, does anyone know where crown prince Guillaume will live when he get married one day. will he and his bride remain in the Ducal palace with his parents or would he have to move out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

I suspect that when prince Guillaume gets married he'll move out,i think, but lets hope he'll stay single for now :p ;)

Btw welcome to the forum :)

I would imagine that he would move into the Chateau de Fischbach, which is where his parents lived when they got married. When Henri became the Grand Duke, he moved into the Palais du Colmar-Berg.

So If Guillaume gets married while his grandfather is still alive, Jean will become homeless? :lol: Doesn't the grandducal family have other residences where Guillaume could live if/when he gets married?

Where did Henri and Maria Teresa live the first years after their marriage. Did they not move to Fischbach only after the death of Grand Duchess Charlotte. What about Betzdorf Castle where Jean and Joséphine-Charlotte lived unitil 1964 ??

Henri and M-T.

They lived in a beautiful villa in Heisdorf, near Luxemburg-city.
After the Dead of grand Duchees Charlotte they went to Fischbach.

In Betzdorf-castle, now is the head-quarter of ASTRA satelites!

I would thinik that he would live at Fishbach and that mayne jean would live with Henri and MT or that he might live with his son guilluame. But that is just a thought.

Will he live separately from his parents? He seems to be MOTHER BOY very much!

Have you seen mothers boys? ( do you understand what i mean?) Adults(boys) who listen to their mothers more than to their wifes. Do you think will be this family happy? Who has lived in such family? Who has such boyfriend or father?

I don't think that Guillaume is a MOTHER BOY!!!He is just good and shy boy and if he married one day I think his wife will be lucky woman.

I don't think that Guillaume is a MOTHER BOY!!!He is just good and shy boy and if he married one day I think his wife will be lucky woman.

Yes I agree with you ! He is not a mother boy !!! He respects his mother, he loves his family but he lives his life and he is not a mother boy !

I would assume that he would move into a villa like his parents did and sfter Grand Duke Jean dies he would move into Fishbach.

I would assume that he would move into a villa like his parents did and sfter Grand Duke Jean dies he would move into Fishbach.

Which villa is that? Could someone please point me to some pictures of it, if there are any?

By the way, where do Guillaume and his siblings live now? With their parents in Colmar Berg?

Why should GD Jean move? Fischbach is quite large. It is certainly large enough for 3 persons to live in most comfortably. The HGD seem to be rather fond of his Papa and I doubt he would mind living in the wing opposite GD Jean. I can't imagine a future HGD being put out or insulted by residing in Fischbach with her husband her her grandfather-in-law. Besides I think his widowed Papa would more than likely appreciate the company of his grandson and his family.

Why should GD Jean move? Fischbach is quite large. It is certainly large enough for 3 persons to live in most comfortably. The HGD seem to be rather fond of his Papa and I doubt he would mind living in the wing opposite GD Jean. I can't imagine a future HGD being put out or insulted by residing in Fischbach with her husband her her grandfather-in-law. Besides I think his widowed Papa would more than likely appreciate the company of his grandson and his family.

It will take a while longer before dear Guillaume marries,he has to find a bride first and he's in no hurry there...:rolleyes:
And,like all of us and despite I like the man,Grand Duke Jean will not live forever so Chateau Fischbach
becomes vacant for the Heir sooner then a marriage will be announced.

Newly weds moving in with ones grandfather is an unsavoury idea,large house ot not.

:previous: Lucien, don't be so pessimistic! :flowers: Actually, I don't think we have any idea when Guillaume is going to marry. The family keeps everything so tightly under wraps. For all we know, he's already popped the question to some lucky girl! ;) I hope he will marry while GD Jean is still alive. I'm sure it would mean very much to the both of them for GD Jean to be able to attend his wedding.

I agree it's somewhat odd to live with grandpa after marrying. Most newlyweds would prefer their own place, I think. It's not like they can't afford to get a place of their own! I'm not in favour of kicking poor GD Jean out of Fischbach - at his age, he must be very settled and comfy there and a move now would be uneccessarily stressful. Guillaume and his new bride would be better off living in a nice, quiet villa somewhere, at least initially.

The family keeps everything so tightly under wraps. For all we know, he's already popped the question to some lucky girl! ;)
You said he is already popped the question. Hoq do you know that information and who is this girl?

Since the court did not announce the engagement it is safe to assume there is none. Though speculating can be interesting, please drop the topic and focus on the one of this thread: possible future residences for hereditairy grand duke Guillaume.

Thank you.

I think you both misunderstood. The posters were never implying that there was an engagement. They were saying that there was NOT one and none in the foreseeable future. This is not speculation about marriage.

The topic of the thread is where will Guillaume live ONCE HE MARRIES. So, a little speculation as to when this may happen (during Jean's lifetime, for example) seems to be pretty darn on topic.

Oh dear, I didn't mean to derail the discussion. :ohmy: What I was trying to say in my previous post is that no one (outside of the immediate circle of family and friends) actually knows whether or not Guillaume is on the verge of proposing to someone.

I said: "For all we know, he's already popped the question to some lucky girl!" That means, we don't know whether or not he's already popped the question (and therefore waiting for an official announcement to us, the public). Maybe the announcement will happen tomorrow, or in a year's time, or in 10 year's time. We just don't know.

As to how the timing of his marriage relates to this topic:

It has been suggested by others here that Jean might move out of Fischbach for Guillaume once Guillaume marries. It has also been suggested that Guillaume is apparently taking his own sweet time finding a bride and will only marry after Jean passes away, thereby leaving Fischbach empty for Guillaume. I was merely trying to point out that we (the public) don't know one way or other when Guillaume will marry and so we cannot assume that Fischbach will or will not be occupied by Jean at the time of Guillaume's marriage.

I'm sorry, that's a whole lot of words just to explain "we don't know whether or not Fischbach will be available for Guillaume and his bride when they marry."

Phew.

I shall shut up now and not add more to this off-topic diversion so we can all get back to discussing palaces in peace. My apologies for any confusion. :flowers:

I only posted a warning to prevent this thread from turning into a thread with speculations about who HGD Guillaume will marry, will be engaged to etc. It wasn't my intention to stop the subject of this thread, his possible future residence(s), so feel free to discuss that more :flowers:.

What about Viandan Castle? It is rather beautiful and has been fully restored since Jean gave it to the state. I'm not sure if it's livable, though. It is open to the public for part of the year which could cause a problem.

The village Viandan is said to be a magical place almost like a fairytale from the travel reviews I've read. Sounds perfect for a young Prince and his new Princess.

What about Viandan Castle?

What a great idea! I love Vianden Castle, it's so beautiful. However, since it's under state ownership, can they live there? Do they need special permission? The castle website describes it as being 'a pile of rubble' before its restoration. Doesn't sound like the sort of thing that would get a CF. :ermm: But if it's safe for visitors, it should be safe to live in, I suppose.

Some pictures of this lovely castle from the official website:

MobileMe Gallery

The fact of it being open to visitors shouldn't be a problem, since there are many royal residences that are open to visitors that can also act as homes. I visited Windsor Castle while the Queen was in residence. We had to go through a metal detector etc like in an airport but otherwise there was no problem for us visitors and I doubt the Queen was bothered by our presence. :)

BTW, does anyone know of a haunted castle in Lux? When I was little, I read in a book that there was a haunted castle in Luxembourg - there's a ghost story to go with it - and this discussion has reminded me of it. I don't think the future HGDss would appreciate having a ghost in her home. I'm sure it's bad for one's mental health and marriage. :eek:

The Nazi's caused much damage to the property. Grand Duke Jean ceded the property to the state many years ago and it was fully restored. Prior to that it was owned by the family for some generations. Since the property has been restored I think it is probably livable but since it is now operating as a museum I'm not sure that it still has home type rooms in it after the restoration. I'm trying to think of other state owned homes that I think are grand enough for the heir to the throne of one of the wealthiest countries in the world.

If I'm not mistaken, this is the villa his parents lived in when they were first married. I believe he will move into a simular one once he marries.

That's a beautiful villa but there are too many windows facing the direct sun. One may find that bothersome.

If I'm not mistaken, this is the villa his parents lived in when they were first married. I believe he will move into a simular one once he marries.

I think that is the house Maria Teresas lived before they left Kuba.

I think that is the house Maria Teresas lived before they left Kuba.

:ermm:

Umm...There's no Fishbach Castle in Cuba.
And I don't think MT would've been allowed to
to live with Henri before marrying him.

:closedeye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom