The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-12-2010, 03:55 AM
Aristocracy

Is Guillaume still studying? I can understand a crown prince living outside his country while he is in school, but once he's graduated, it seems odd that he would leave his country. Certainly, he must have dozens of royal duties. I know that Henri lived in Great Britain while he attended Sandhurst Military School, and while he was a student in Switzerland, but he promptly came back to Luxembourg after he finished his studies.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:02 AM
Commoner

Guillaume , IMO, is now living in Luxembourg, he's graduated from Anger and he attended Sanhurst in 2001/2002 where he became an officier!

Old 06-24-2010, 07:13 AM
Commoner

I read somewhere that there are apartments in the Grand Ducal Palace which are still livable.
Maybe Guillaume and his future wife can live there while GD Jean can reside at Chateau de Fischbach?
Old 08-09-2010, 12:29 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternity View Post
I read somewhere that there are apartments in the Grand Ducal Palace which are still livable.
Maybe Guillaume and his future wife can live there while GD Jean can reside at Chateau de Fischbach?
That does seem possable. I would hope that they wouldn't kick GD Jean out just because HGD Guillaume got married.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:58 AM
Aristocracy

I think G and his lovely wife will live in Chateau de Fischbach with Jean Chatea is pretty big so for example G and family can have left wing of it while Jean has right wing (you got my point )
Old 01-16-2011, 12:31 AM
Courtier

Where is Gui living now? Does he live at the palace or at a private residence in Luxembourg?
Old 01-25-2011, 07:58 PM
Aristocracy

He lives in Château de Berg
Old 01-26-2011, 11:50 AM
Nobility

According to a Luxembourgish gossip magazine a guide of the Grand Ducal Palace told some visitors that the children of the Grand Ducal couple also have rooms at the Palace in case they have a night out and don't want to go back to Château de Berg. I suppose he is usually living at Colmar-Berg with his family like Dani said.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:34 PM
Aristocracy

There are rooms at the Grand Ducal Palace for the family to use but officially the Grand Ducal family resident in Château de Berg. I think it's even in the Luxembourgian Constitution that the Grand Duke resident in Berg
Old 01-27-2011, 10:51 AM
Royal Highness

yes, it is
Quote:
The Grand Ducal Palace in Luxembourg and the Chateau de Berg are reserved for the residence of the Grand Duke.
from the Constitution
Old 02-12-2011, 04:00 PM
Courtier

I see, thank you very much! It's kind of a waste to me to not see anyone living in the Palace. It's so beautiful, it should be used more often.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:38 PM
Aristocracy

It's used daily as a work place
Old 03-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Littrell View Post
I think G and his lovely wife will live in Chateau de Fischbach with Jean Chatea is pretty big so for example G and family can have left wing of it while Jean has right wing (you got my point )
I agree with you... I think the same...
Old 04-27-2011, 07:18 AM
Majesty

were does he live now?

i see the quastian have been asked and gotten a respons on

how many palaces are there for the royal family to choose from?
Old 04-27-2011, 06:33 PM
Aristocracy

There is the Grand Ducal Palace, Chateau de Berg and Chateau du Fischbach.
The Luxembourgian constitution states that the Grand Duke must resident in Chateau de Berg. GD Jean currently lives in Fischbach and the Palace is used as work-place although it has room for living in
Old 04-27-2012, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

When the then Hereditary Grand Duke Henri and Maria Teresa married in 1981 the Court bought a Vulla in Heisdorf where the Couple lived for the first years. After the death of Grand Duchess Charlotte they moved to Fischbach Castle. Was the Villa sold again? otherwise this could be also the first home of Guillaume and Stéphanie.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 04-27-2012, 09:49 AM
Courtier

I wonder if its all possible that Grand Duke Jean may move out of Fischbach and in to Berg Castle? I think Guillaume and Stephanie will almost certainly end up living at Fischbach eventually.
I think it more likely Jean would move into Berg Castle with his son rather than a grandson and new wife living in the same house as his 91 year old grandfather.
Most likely IMO Guillaume and Stephanie will live where ever Guillaume is living for now and (as much as I'm not wishing for it to come soon) when Jean died they will move into Fischbach.

Apparently it has been stated by the Grand Ducal court that Guillaume and Stephanie will live at Berg Castle. Given the size of the Castle i'm sure they'll have plenty of room to themselves. I wonder if in fact they have a house in the grounds or actually live in the castle itself.
I'm sure when it becomes free they will eventually move into Fischbach.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:02 PM
Serene Highness

I read the Princess Sybilla and her husband (Guilome, Jean, I forget) of Henri's generation live at Fischbach with Jean. This may be an error but it is what I read. Sybilla is beautiful. I'm new at this and have been roving around looking at various parts of the family, such as Sybilla, Charlotte, Jean, etc. I am impressed with the dignity of this family--real dignity, but with enough "give" to let Louis and Tessy into the family, a very important move, and also important that Louis not inherit because of irregularities. These people have the moves down. I think. I'm new!
Old 06-14-2012, 12:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Welcome Mariel1, I love following this family because they are beautiful to look at and down to earth, but have lost none of the regal dignity which is so sadly lacking in some of the other Ruling Families.

Even the misstep with Louis and Tessy was handled with dignity and discretion...and they seem to have now grown into a happy and lovely little family.

I hope Guillaume and his new bride will live at Berg..it's a lovely old castle set in a beautiful park!
Old 10-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Where does Guillaume live now? It was mentioned in Wort that he has not lived at Berg for sometime now and that after he marries he will not be living there either.

Tags
hereditary grand duke guillaume