The Next Hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that it is quite possible that he could have (or had) a discreet romance with someone, but I find it mare possible that he just hasn't been dating anyone.

There's also the possibility that any girls he was interested in weren't interested in return simply because he is a prince or for any of a number of reasons I could think of. I know I would be leery of even dating a prince simply because of the politics involved...not to mention all those people watching! :hiding:

I can't figure out how the Lux. family can manage to keep such a low profile esp. regarding personal relationships, compared to other royal families in Europe who get hounded by the press! I think that's an advantage for Guillaume as it's easier to conduct a relationship without having the paparazzi breathing down your neck. I'm thinking the most likely scenario with him is somewhere in the middle range of the opinions listed here - he hasn't been dating the whole of Europe, nor has he been living like a monk - most likely he's been seeing / is seeing 1 or 2 people quietly, maybe for only a short time, that we're not aware of. JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your Choice - Possible Hereditary Grand Duchess

There is a thread in the British forum about preferred wives for William and Harry so I've been wondering about this question with regards to our elusive Luxembourger Prince Charming.

Supposing you have the power to pick a bride for Guillaume. Besides the obvious choice (yourself),:D who do you think would be a possible candidate for the role of Hereditary Grand Duchess? What would be positive factors for the hypothetical relationship, and what barriers exist to prevent it? I think we need a shopping list, yes, to help us make a choice? :lol:

Ok, to start,

Possible candidate: Princess Madeleine of Sweden

Positives: She's close to his age. She's a princess so she already knows how to behave in a royal setting. She's beautiful, which is always a plus because you don't want to make the tiaras look bad. She is, I believe, active in a number of charitable causes, the usual princess stuff. A Luxembourg-Sweden connection would be excellent for diplomatic relations between the two countries. And we haven't had a good Royal (capital 'R' Royal) wedding to watch on telly for too long now.

Barriers: Her boyfriend. But let's pretend he doesn't exist. :D Also she's not Catholic, but I don't know how important that will be.

I'm sure all of you here who are more knowledgeable than me on royalty will be able to think up even better candidates!

That will be very stupid question. Can I vote on myself? ;)
Princess Madeleine? No, no, no! They will be ridiculous couple. Let's them make best choice!
I wonder - what about Felix? Why we didn't know any girl he met? So hot guy!

He seems to be normal person. I like him becouse he doesn't look like great prince who's someone better but someone like...us. Not someone who says:
Me: Nice to meet you, Guilliame.
He:pRINCE Guilliame, your stupid idiot.

I hope.

If I met prince William I would feel very shy. So famous, so high (ughh...), so glamorous - no thanks. G. wears normal clothes, had acne, he's not so tall. My friends said: What? Is he prince? I don't believe! :)

Hello everyone :)

I am just curious. In all honesty what type of woman would he be expected to marry? I mean like would she have to have a first class education, come from a rich family? All of this royalty stuff is so interesting haha. And I really don't want this to come out wrong but will his future wife have to be ummm caucasian? Once again... just curious :p Isn't Princess Angela the only dark skined royal. I would like to believe that skin colour wouldnt matter nowdays but royals seem to be traditional types of people. Very set in their ways. Haha and about the education thing, I went to a normal public school which was rather craptacular. Would his future wife have to be one of those fancy type women that can speak like a several different languages? Ehhh and would she have to dress all conservative like? I personally would hate that a bit. Not that I dress like a skank or anything haha it's just that I like feminine/sexy dresses :) And I wouldnt like being told what to wear. And I'm not to into facinators unless I'm off to the races lol. Ohhh jeez, I have just realized that I went on a massive rant. So sorry. Haha also just real quick if anyone actually replies to this I would be sooo happy lol I dont think I've posted anything before. I just read everything lol.
:)

Hello everyone :)

I am just curious. In all honesty what type of woman would he be expected to marry? I mean like would she have to have a first class education, come from a rich family? All of this royalty stuff is so interesting haha. And I really don't want this to come out wrong but will his future wife have to be ummm caucasian? Once again... just curious :p Isn't Princess Angela the only dark skined royal. I would like to believe that skin colour wouldnt matter nowdays but royals seem to be traditional types of people. Very set in their ways. Haha and about the education thing, I went to a normal public school which was rather craptacular. Would his future wife have to be one of those fancy type women that can speak like a several different languages? Ehhh and would she have to dress all conservative like? I personally would hate that a bit. Not that I dress like a skank or anything haha it's just that I like feminine/sexy dresses :) And I wouldnt like being told what to wear. And I'm not to into facinators unless I'm off to the races lol. Ohhh jeez, I have just realized that I went on a massive rant. So sorry. Haha also just real quick if anyone actually replies to this I would be sooo happy lol I dont think I've posted anything before. I just read everything lol.
:)

Honestly I can say he must not marry a selective kind of woman ! He will marry a woman he loves about or her social importance !

Well that would cause an uproar in the US!:lol:

I ran into a woman who claimed she was a Lady in her own right and that the land that connected with the title was in New York (from before New York was a British colony. :blink: She was serious too and rather insulted I didn't believe her automatically. (Then again, she was rude and seriously unpleasant to start with.)

As I beleive Royals should marry Royals there are a coupkle of Princess That I think are syitable.
Princess Marie Theresia or Princess Elisabeth of Thurn und Taxis
Princess Alice of Bavaria
Archduchess Veronika of Austria, Princess of Tuscany
Countess Fernanda of Toerring-Jettenbach.
They would need to be Catholic as the family are very devout Catholics.

As I beleive Royals should marry Royals there are a coupkle of Princess That I think are syitable.
Princess Marie Theresia or Princess Elisabeth of Thurn und Taxis
Princess Alice of Bavaria
Archduchess Veronika of Austria, Princess of Tuscany
Countess Fernanda of Toerring-Jettenbach.
They would need to be Catholic as the family are very devout Catholics.

Im not familiar with these princesses. Which one best suits his qualifications, his list of requirements I mean. :)

I highly doubt he'll marry a royal, just because most of the catholic ones are his cousins. It's a lot easier to marry a nice "commoner" girl. It's not like they're a different species anyway! And since his mother was not an aristocrat either, I see him very much with just an ordinary girl.

haha, youre right with the cousins part. I saw a pic of him sitting close to a really pretty blond girl, and thought they looked cute together. But then I found out that she was his first cousin. :p

But surely at least some of the Catholic royals are NOT his cousins / close family members. I agree that the European royal gene pool needs to be enlarged somewhat - too many centuries of the same families marrying one another - but there is all that royal history to consider. It seems to me that the royal prestige is diluted somewhat as more and more non-aristocrats marry into the royal houses.

I am personally in favour of a royal bride, but if it is to be a non-aristocrat, I expect someone fairly spectacular. :D Someone with education, poise, cultured, beautiful, articulate, well-read and well-travelled, open-minded, progressive, dynamic, graceful, sensible, hardworking, charismatic, warm etc.

BTW, aivi, who was the blonde girl in question?

But the biggest reason why he probably won't go royal is because most aristocrats don't perform official duties and just live like socialites, which many of them are. Being royal by birth doesn't make you a more classy person at all. In fact, it may do just the opposite; inflated ego, spoiled rich-kid syndrome, etc... For someone in Guillaume's position, he's going to be Grand Duke one day, he needs a wife who is willing to dedicate her entire life to Luxembourg, and do an awesome job like Maria Teresa. In my opinion, he should marry whoever he likes and whoever he thinks can be the next grand duchess, I just don't see that being found in any of the aristocratic girls.

I don't think any of the young women I mentioned could be classed as spoilt rich kids. The TUT girls are the daughters of Gloria. They were certainly brought up well, dowdy even. The Bavarian and Toerring princess are very down to earth and sensible girls. In fact I would say that very few of the Princess from the Gotha (as oppossed to say the daughters of lower aristocracy) would be what you have stated.

Princess Maria-Annunciata of Liechtenstein. :) It was a pic when they were young, maybe late teens early 20s. Now shes mature pretty, but then she was really pretty and fresh-faced.

Princess Maria-Annunciata of Liechtenstein.

I've seen her picture! With Felix, not Guillaume, and I also thought they made a lovely couple lol! She is indeed a beautiful woman. She could easily be a supermodel (but prettier than most of the ones around).

But surely at least some of the Catholic royals are NOT his cousins / close family members. I agree that the European royal gene pool needs to be enlarged somewhat - too many centuries of the same families marrying one another - but there is all that royal history to consider. It seems to me that the royal prestige is diluted somewhat as more and more non-aristocrats marry into the royal houses.

I am personally in favour of a royal bride, but if it is to be a non-aristocrat, I expect someone fairly spectacular. :D Someone with education, poise, cultured, beautiful, articulate, well-read and well-travelled, open-minded, progressive, dynamic, graceful, sensible, hardworking, charismatic, warm etc.

I think she or he talks about María Anunciata...

Aren't you too ambitious?
Remember Diana and Charles? Charles had one of beautiful, lovely wife ever. And he was very unhappy indeed. He loved less atractive and spectacular Camilla. And after all this years his married her. I remember what newspapers write about their wedding. " Bad weather, Queen has bad humour, people protesting and only Cam and Charles was happy. And to tell the truth I think only that was important.

And maybe instead spectacular person who is "Someone with education, poise, cultured, beautiful, articulate, well-read and well-travelled, open-minded, progressive, dynamic, graceful, sensible, hardworking, charismatic, warm etc." I wish all royals and all of us person who we'd love not becouse who she/ he is but becouse she/he is.

Amen.
Happy New Year for all people on Forum :)

I agree with you grace marie... I think the only important is the true love... becose I remember... Mette Marit was not "Someone with a espectacular education, poise, cultured, beautiful, articulate, well-read and well-travelled, open-minded, progressive, dynamic, graceful, sensible, hardworking, charismatic, warm etc."... but the love made we change for better... and they and teir positions made change...And I think she ´s now a perfect princess...

Aren't you too ambitious?
Remember Diana and Charles? Charles had one of beautiful, lovely wife ever. And he was very unhappy indeed. He loved less atractive and spectacular Camilla. And after all this years his married her. I remember what newspapers write about their wedding. " Bad weather, Queen has bad humour, people protesting and only Cam and Charles was happy. And to tell the truth I think only that was important.

And maybe instead spectacular person who is "Someone with education, poise, cultured, beautiful, articulate, well-read and well-travelled, open-minded, progressive, dynamic, graceful, sensible, hardworking, charismatic, warm etc." I wish all royals and all of us person who we'd love not becouse who she/ he is but becouse she/he is.

Amen.
Happy New Year for all people on Forum :)

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Royals as well as non-royals deserve to marry the person that they themselves love and wish to spend the rest of their life with. Even if the person has a "past" or if they are of non-aristocratic background, as long as they are happy together and are willing to strive for a better future together. It's the right of all people to have happiness in their marriages.

Unfortunately not, I just saw the cover with headlines ;)

:nonono:
It's funny how they manipulate pictures to accomodate their story, I've seen alot of those picures before! For example, a few of those pictures are from the Lux-American business awards, where he just takes pictures with random people of both sexes for pr purposes.

It doesn't make him a womanizer.:angry:

I figured it was something along those lines when I saw the pictures although I don't speak whatever language is used with the headline. Must be a slow newsweek. :whistling:

What does the cover say? Does it say Guillaume the womanizer?

The cover in the top right-hand corner says something along the lines of 'Who will be the next Grand Duchess?'

Last edited:
Frauenschwarm = heart·throb
It basically says that all the women are in love with Guillaume

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom