The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 07:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't know. I would atleast like to hope Guillaume is available. And after Pia, I think he learned something about women: many are not to be trusted and that they want fame and a title.

Old 10-04-2005, 01:01 PM
Gentry

I believe he will learn more and more about females as he gets older and spending time with them as well and maybe getting his family opinions about the ladies he brings home.:)

Old 10-04-2005, 03:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

I hope he gets smarter. Pia was a big mistake. Not Grand Duchess or just plain Guillaume material.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:36 AM
Aristocracy

I don't care if he marries a commoner or royal, just as long as she has more class than Pia. She just makes me scratch my head.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:21 PM
Gentry

I don't care either if he marries a commoner or not. I hope he continues to learn more about life as he is getting older and around almost that time to choose who will become Hereditary Grand Duchess in the future.:) When he gets ready to settle down:) .
Old 10-06-2005, 06:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't care who he marries as long as its me!(JK!) But I have a feeling he will wind up with someone much more worthy of a title than Pia. And chances are it will be a commoner. After all, he was raised far more like a commoner than any other royals of his generation.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:37 AM
Courtier

I agree. He is such a great individual, and he derserves a great lady to be his queen heehee! :) Yes, she will more than likely be a commoner - and there's nothing wrong with that, as long as she is every bit as good as he.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
I don't care who he marries as long as its me!(JK!) But I have a feeling he will wind up with someone much more worthy of a title than Pia. And chances are it will be a commoner. After all, he was raised far more like a commoner than any other royals of his generation.

www.one.org
Old 10-20-2005, 11:41 AM
Courtier

And one thing I've always wondered about is how they would act. I mean in terms of him being who he is. Do you think that she would know that he's a Duke, or would she not know? Would he assume that she knows who he is? Do you think that would effect how they are to each other in the beginning? I mean would it be like "yea, you know I'm a Duke so that's why your acting so sweet?"

Just some thoughts...:)

www.one.org
Old 10-20-2005, 02:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathilde1286
And one thing I've always wondered about is how they would act. I mean in terms of him being who he is. Do you think that she would know that he's a Duke, or would she not know? Would he assume that she knows who he is? Do you think that would effect how they are to each other in the beginning? I mean would it be like "yea, you know I'm a Duke so that's why your acting so sweet?"

Just some thoughts...:)
Hmm. Good questions.
I think it probably depends on where she's from, as to whether knowing about him or not. I've said it before, and I'll say it again- the vast majority of us Americans, unfortunately, have never even heard of Luxembourg, much less know anything about it's government and grand duke.
Now, I'm sure it's different in Europe, but who knows- someone might know about him, but wouldn't be able to pick him out of a crowd.

I definitely think that knowing who Guillaume is to start with would affect how he's treated- he's probably treated with great deference, since he is, after all, a future head of state.
On the other hand, if you were clueless as to who he was, you wouldn't be as respectful and polite, perhaps. Not rude, mind you, but you wouldn't call him "sir" and cater to his every whim [not that he would ask you to do so, I'm sure he's very chivalrous].
Meh?
Old 10-20-2005, 06:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, I don't think he is treated that much differently when people know why he is. It has been stated on this forum somewhere by someone that knew him that he was treated just like everyone else and didn't hold any distinction as far as him standing out.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:53 PM
Courtier

Yea...that makes sense. Most Americans don't know Luxembourg even exists. When I was younger, I didn't think that Luxembourg was a country! LOL I'm sure if one ever met him, they would be aware of his great character, not his status. He's charming...need I say more?? :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suturegeisha
Hmm. Good questions.
I think it probably depends on where she's from, as to whether knowing about him or not. I've said it before, and I'll say it again- the vast majority of us Americans, unfortunately, have never even heard of Luxembourg, much less know anything about it's government and grand duke.
Now, I'm sure it's different in Europe, but who knows- someone might know about him, but wouldn't be able to pick him out of a crowd.

I definitely think that knowing who Guillaume is to start with would affect how he's treated- he's probably treated with great deference, since he is, after all, a future head of state.
On the other hand, if you were clueless as to who he was, you wouldn't be as respectful and polite, perhaps. Not rude, mind you, but you wouldn't call him "sir" and cater to his every whim [not that he would ask you to do so, I'm sure he's very chivalrous].
Meh?

www.one.org
Old 10-21-2005, 10:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

I was talking to someone recently, and they thought that Luxembourg was a city in Germany because the country is so small on the map.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:19 PM
Courtier

That's exactly what I thought! :)

Quote:
I was talking to someone recently, and they thought that Luxembourg was a city in Germany because the country is so small on the map.

www.one.org
Old 10-30-2005, 12:37 AM
Courtier

I think the perfect girl is someone who doesnt want to be famous...
Old 10-30-2005, 12:42 AM
Courtier

ahem...NOT Pia! :)

www.one.org
Old 10-30-2005, 07:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Or me. So sad. I guess he will just have to find someone else, *sigh*.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:28 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by suturegeisha
Hmm. Good questions.
I am an American and I know about the Royalty of Luxemburg. I have been collecting postcards of the Royals of Luxemburg since 1981. I also collect postcards of the last Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte, who came from Belgium. I understand that you say the "vast" majority of Americans do not know the Luxemburg Royals. You may be right. I just wanted you to know that this American knows that Luxemburg is a country and that Grand Duke Henri is the present ruler of that country.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jil
I am an American and I know about the Royalty of Luxemburg. I have been collecting postcards of the Royals of Luxemburg since 1981. I also collect postcards of the last Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte, who came from Belgium. I understand that you say the "vast" majority of Americans do not know the Luxemburg Royals. You may be right. I just wanted you to know that this American knows that Luxemburg is a country and that Grand Duke Henri is the present ruler of that country.
I'm American too, sweets.
Old 10-30-2005, 10:53 PM
Courtier

And if it's me, I'll give you a sign. J/K! :)

Some people on the 'What do you think will happen in 2006...' thread have put down they think Guillaume will get married or find a new girlfriend...I am wondering, how could he get married if he's currently not dating anyone? :)

Quote:
Or me. So sad. I guess he will just have to find someone else, *sigh*.

www.one.org
Old 10-31-2005, 12:08 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathilde1286
And if it's me, I'll give you a sign. J/K! :)

Some people on the 'What do you think will happen in 2006...' thread have put down they think Guillaume will get married or find a new girlfriend...I am wondering, how could he get married if he's currently not dating anyone? :)
Bah. I highly doubt he'll get married. I think his parents would probably like for him to practice his future-Grand-Dukely duties for a while longer first.
As for a girlfriend- who knows? I tihnk most of us are hoping he's single- am I right?

Tags
hereditary grand duchess, hereditary grand duke guillaume