The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 08:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalla Meriem View Post
What discussion? All I found was a video of pics of Guillaume.
The discussion was in the comments.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalla Meriem View Post
I have the Promi that introduced the alleged relationship between Guillaume and Michaela to the world. Which to my knowledge it the sole source for the info on her and the relationship. In that issue it indicates that she was 23. I did read elsewhere that she was a year older than him, but that I think was a repeat of info found here or in Promi.

What discussion? All I found was a video of pics of Guillaume.

Surely, we all agree that love is the most important quality. However, Guillaume's interview made it seem like he was looking for a women with a good resume not necessarily a love match.
Wow! Can you,please, PM article to me (or scan it, take picture of it)I tried to find it online, but unsuccessfully
Discussions are on (in) the comments of this video
I guess he is just not in love Or after Pia he doesn't trust women, but when he will find THE ONE (I'm hopeless romanticist)
Or he is very responsible and think about image of his country first, and then about himself

Simply curiously,but what kind of things you would love to hear from him, Ladies?

Old 07-16-2009, 12:35 AM
Aristocracy

lalla merien, can you put the address of the page where I can see this video? please. and the video he spoke in Spanish?

and think it was a joke, because in wikipedia is no longer leaves the sentence of that was engagement
Old 07-16-2009, 12:43 AM
Aristocracy

It wasn't video, just small article
Old 07-16-2009, 07:10 AM
Nobility

and where was this article??
Old 07-17-2009, 06:05 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducii View Post
and where was this article??
There is a link on 17 page post № 335
Old 07-19-2009, 05:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Littrell View Post
There is a link on 17 page post № 335
I think some mistake... any link....
Old 07-19-2009, 06:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretoriana18 View Post
I think some mistake... any link....
The original link to the article is gone. There is a translation/summary of what the article said if you follow the links.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:05 AM
Nobility

"Guillaume says he wants a woman who likes sports and who loves all kinds of music. She has to be well-cultured and be aware of her future duties as a royal.
She should be elegant, humble, tender, and open-minded. Guillaume doesn't want a fairy-tale princess, but a modern and independent woman who is able to understand State issues. He dreams of a sweet, humorous, and intelligent woman who cares about ecology. But the most important thing is that she has to be less shy than he is! "

Sounds like he is describing his mother, GD Maria Teresa. Grand Duke Henri is shy, too, while Maria Teresa is much more outgoing. She loves sports especially skiing and plays the guitar.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:20 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy View Post
"Guillaume says he wants a woman who likes sport and who loves all kinds of music. She has to be well cultured and be aware of her futures duties as a royal.
She should be elegant, humble, tender, and open-minded.
Guillaum doesn't want a fairy-tale princess, but a modern and independent woman who can be able to understand the State issues. He dreams with a sweet, humorous and intelligent woman who cares for ecology. But the most important thing is that she has to be less shy than he is! "

Sounds like he is describing his mother, GD Maria Teresa. Grand Duke Henri is shy, too, while Maria Teresa is much more outgoing. She loves sports especially skiing and plays the guitar.
I thought that too! They are very close-so it's not a surprise for me
Old 07-25-2009, 05:08 AM
Commoner

I hope he will find this perfect woman and they will be happy forever... a perfect and modern fairy tale isn't it ?! ^^
Old 07-25-2009, 01:23 PM
Aristocracy

I hope that having the likes for the Latins woman like the father , especially felix!!! :P
Old 07-25-2009, 02:50 PM
Majesty

Until the the present Heriditary Grand Duke marries and produces a daughter first,there is no heriditary Grand Duchess.
If Guillaume marries,his wife will be a consort,not a reigning Grand Duchess and only they have the title of Heriditary Grand Duchess.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:37 PM
Courtier

Location: Trust me you've never heard of it..., United States
Actually, when Guillaume gets married his wife will be styled as HRH The Hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg just as the wives of all the other Hereditary Grand Dukes have in the past. Maria-Teresa was Hereditary Grand Duchess as was Josephine-Charlotte. There is no reason to assume Guillaume's wife would be denied the style given the historic precedent for using it for wives.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:04 PM
Aristocracy

I think that the Next Hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg must be kind,helpful,polite,charitable and intelligent and if HGD find a such woman and she loves him and he her - she will be the next duchess!!!
Old 09-27-2009, 04:31 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine_93 View Post
I think that the Next Hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg must be kind,helpful,polite,charitable and intelligent and if HGD find a such woman and she loves him and he her - she will be the next duchess!!!
that sounds like the current grand duchess.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:36 PM
Aristocracy

well,actually I don't know the prefers of Guillaume,but I think that he is shy,kind,good,polite and intelligent and maybe he search for this types of woman!
The important thing is not to be bitter over life's dissapointments.Learn to let go of the past and recognise that every day won't be sunny.But when you find yourself in the darkness of despare,rememmber that it is only in the black of night you can see stars,and those stars will lead you home!So don't be afraid to make mistakes,to stumble and fall,cause most of the time the greatest rewards come from doing the things that scare you the most!!! :)
Old 09-27-2009, 11:10 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
that sounds like the current grand duchess.
I also thought the same
Old 09-29-2009, 04:53 AM
Nobility

I've been reading up on the current Grand Duchess and IMO she is indeed one in a million. For starters she is very well educated - she has the smarts. She was also very attractive in her youth. She is from a well heeled background and she has a heart of gold and works tirelessly for humanity. I do sympathise with any young woman if she is 'required' to fit the mold of Prince Guillaume's primary female role model.

Anyway congratulations the lady who is deemed suitable. I've removed myself from the next-grand duchess-wait-list.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:00 AM
Aristocracy

I wonder when Guillaume will marry? For the sake of alliances and because of their need to produce as many heirs as possible, well at least in the past when infant mortality was so high, royalty tended to marry early. Guillaume will be 28 in November [I believe] and we still haven't even heard about a girlfriend, let alone an engagement.

Do any of the Luxembourg royal children with the obvious exception of Louis have any love interests that we've heard about, or do you think that its hushed?

Tags
hereditary grand duchess, hereditary grand duke guillaume