The Next Hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Princess Theodora of Greece or Princess Eugenie?

I'd rather see Charlotte with Harry though. I think they'd be a better fit.

Well, there can't be a next hereditary Grand Duchess unless you are predicting the future. She can marry the hereditary Grand Duke, but since she won't have been born into the family, she is not hereditary.

:previous:

While Guillaume's future wife will not be hereditary in the true sense of the word, she will be styled XXX, Hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg (or Hereditary Grand Duchess XXX of Luxembourg) by taking on Guillaume's title in the feminine form.

Princess Eugenie can marry Catholic, she will just have to give up her spot to the throne. Just like W-A did when married Maxima but he was way down there not #6.

She may well be styled that, but that's not what the title of the thread asks.

Princess Eugenie can marry Catholic, she will just have to give up her spot to the throne. Just like W-A did when married Maxima but he was way down there not #6.

Many royals higher up on the succession list have also done so. Prince Michael of Kent is probably the most famous example. Peter Phillips would have had to relinquish his rights, but his wife converted just before their marriage.

Eugenie and Guillaume would make quite an attractive couple, with their dark hair.

Yep -- his name is Mike Tindall. All signs point to marriage for them.

How about Lady Gabriella Windsor or Elizabeth von Thurn und Taxis?

[FONT=&quot]This is probably the wrong place to ask this question, but – when Guillaume gets married will the wedding be comparable to the weddings of other heirs – such as Felipe or [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Haakon[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]– or do you think it will be a smaller size occasion since Luxembourg is so small?[/FONT]

Interesting question.

I'd say that due to the fact that Luxembourg is a smaller country than say Spain or Norway the wedding probably wouldn't be as televised. However, I imagine that the wedding of the future Grand Duke will be on the same scale as far as the attendance of royalty and overall grandeur. I'm sure it will be a lot more like the weddings of other heirs than that of Louis and Tessy's wedding, if that's what you were thinking of when you say smaller.

I don't think a Lux wedding would get the same worldwide press as exmple Haakon got but as Grimlady said, it will be big in the way of royal guests and the nationwide celebration, like in any country when the heir marries.

thank you both for your answers. very helpful :).

It won't be a wedding like William's, as far as press coverage is concerned, but I'd imagine it to be very beautiful with all the bells and whistles.

Please see here for the new thread to discuss possible wives/relationships for the HGD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom