The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 03:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by destiny
yes,

I guess we will never know the truth, who disliked who.But, if I may say that in my personal experiences it's always the women/wives who have personal hang ups on who their sons or grandsons should marry not the men. For a man to be prejudice is a very rare thing not impossible,but rare.

I hope the her future daughters in law her treated better. Her situation remains me of Queen Sonja of Norway and the heard time she had marrying into the family,but look at the way she has recieved mette marit under her wing its remarkable!
You're right. Us girls have it tougher!
I think MT would make a wonderful mother-in-law, just like Queen Sonja [I love Sonja and Mette-Marit together, they really seem to have grown together!]

Old 06-29-2005, 03:49 PM
Nobility

The whole fairytale thing is nice, but let's be realistic here. Yes, it's true that just about anybody can marry into royalty these days, and if you run in certain social circles it makes the chance of that happening easier. However, the hard part is getting into those circles. If you don't have the money and the connections, then how do you do it? Plus, even though technically these princes (and princesses) can marry whomever they want, they can't just go on love alone, especially if like Guillaume they will be helping to run a country some day. They need somebody who is going to be a good consort and be able to follow protocals as well, as unromantic as that sounds.

Old 06-29-2005, 04:25 PM
Commoner

technically that is not true. Mette marit is not rich, nor did she socialize in the right royal cirlces. the right person can always be thought protocol and charity work etc. But the bottom line to me is Love. A person may not come from your regular royal back ground,but with love anything is possible.you can teach a dog old tricks.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:09 PM
Royal Highness

Didn't MM meet Haakon in a taxi? So I don't think she planned that at all. It was just her fate :)
Old 06-29-2005, 10:28 PM
Aristocracy

The name of the man who introduced Maria teresa to Henri is something like Javier Sanz de Acebo.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:55 AM
Commoner

the next crown princess of luxembourg

If I am not mistaken isn't that the surname of the man who was a friend of CP Mary of Denamrk friend Beatrice. I think he is the cousin of the Prince Of Spain the one who introduced mary to frederick?. "Acebo".

I can someone please confirm this?
Old 06-30-2005, 10:00 AM
Commoner

I think his name was Bruno Gomez Acebo. If I am not mistaken a cousin of the prince of austrias, who introduced mary to fred. therefore, it could be the same family who hooked Maria Teresa to Henri
Old 06-30-2005, 10:13 AM
Courtier

I dont think its something that is planned and i know that guillaume is a really down to earth nice guy... i think he will end up marrying someone thay shares alot of his interests...
Old 06-30-2005, 01:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by destiny
I think his name was Bruno Gomez Acebo. If I am not mistaken a cousin of the prince of austrias, who introduced mary to fred. therefore, it could be the same family who hooked Maria Teresa to Henri
It could be. They are related to the Bourbon branch of the Spanish RF.

I don't know how many "Acebos" there are running around though.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:53 PM
Commoner

the next crown princess of luxembourg

If I am not mistaken, the luxembourg family is also Bourbon from Prince Felix of Bourbon Parma. So there could be a connection, that's why the matcher was close friend of the family:)
Old 07-01-2005, 11:22 AM
Aristocracy

Destiny and some work go into getting yourself a prince and even harder work when getting into their parties.
But lets face it, no prince or princess is "just like us", some are more normal than others, yes. Some of their parents saw the good in raising their children with an idea of the "real world". So Guillaume does seem to be down to earth, lets face he is a prince.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:34 AM
Commoner

destiny is in the hands of the one who created us. And I know who holds my destiny, and NOTHING is impossible with him.!!!!!
Old 07-03-2005, 08:34 AM
Gentry

Well said Destiny !!!!!!!!!
I don't think that there is a thing called destiny, i think that you make your own future and if you want to be a princess and work hard to do so, hey is fine with me. Many royal ladies have planned meeting their princes and everything has worked otu beautifully. They are married, most of them are specting or already have children and they have the approval of most of the population on their country. To me that is a great way to plan your future and not have everything by destiny.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Bruno Gómez-Acebo is the second son of the Infanta Pilar, and I believe that yes it were he or someone of his brothers who knew first Mary in the Olympics of Australia (the Infanta Pilar has 4 children males, and she is a member of the Olympic International Committee). Gómez Acebo is called also Margarita, wife of Simeón of Bulgaria.
As for Maria Teresa, it cannot be the same Acebo because Bruno is younger. But he could be any other member of the family.

And finally, since I have been reading, I am going to tell it of the Prince Felipe and Letizia. Though several things have been said, it seems that the most trustworthy version is the following one: the Prince was going to come to a dinner in house of a journalist in which they were going to assemble a series of journalists to speak on the current importance. The journalists did not know that the Prince would be there. For her side, Letizia came to the dinner accompanied on a companion of work, his wife could not go, and how it was a meeting with journalists he invited Letizia. Felipe and Letizia were the youngest, they connected very well and passed the night speaking. Between other things of moves, he had been going to be lived to the new house and she had just bought flat. According to them this meeting did not have transcendency. Then they coincided with the Prizes Prince or with Galicia .... and finally the Prince call her, though they say that sheresisted a bit.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by legnavirginia2006
Well said Destiny !!!!!!!!!
I don't think that there is a thing called destiny, i think that you make your own future and if you want to be a princess and work hard to do so, hey is fine with me. Many royal ladies have planned meeting their princes and everything has worked otu beautifully. They are married, most of them are specting or already have children and they have the approval of most of the population on their country. To me that is a great way to plan your future and not have everything by destiny.

I completely agree with you!! Yes, you can meet your prince through a coincidence like M-M. But, more than not, being in the right time with the right people can help you meet him or her.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:28 PM
Courtier

Okay, okay, I've got the whole Javier thing straightened out. Many, many thanks to Lindy at the FIRMB [and Joseph who asked the question!].

"The name of the man who introduced Grand Duke Henri to Maria Teresa is Javier Sanz de Acedo [not Acebo]. His parents are Spaniards who were close friends of Maria Teresa's parents in Geneva and also good friends with Josephine-Charlotte.

When Henri went to the University of Geneva, he lived with this family. Their son, Javier Sanz, knew that Henri and MT were entering the same program so he asked her if she would show Henri around. Henri and MT knew quite quickly that they were made for one another, but kept it a secret from everyone. Javier is the godfather of Prince Louis Xavier Guillaume Marie of Luxembourg who bears his name."

So, we were all wrong. Oops.
Old 07-03-2005, 02:01 PM
Commoner

Surturgeisha

is this the same lindy who had posted part one of the interview with Maria Teresa and Henri from Point du Vue,but never finished part two? If so can you please ask her to post part two on this forum. I would be so happy to read the rest of this interview.
Old 07-03-2005, 03:17 PM
Courtier

Hey Destiny,

I don't know if this Lindy person posts here or not [I don't post on the FIRMB, I just read it :)] but I do know that Lisa was kind enough to scan the article in it's entirety for us from Point de Vue.....it's in this thread.
Hope that's what you were looking for!
Old 07-03-2005, 05:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

I would just like to say that I will be the next hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
I would just like to say that I will be the next hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg.
haha Best of luck to you!

Tags
hereditary grand duchess, hereditary grand duke guillaume