Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilytornado View Post
Frauenschwarm = heart·throb
It basically says that all the women are in love with Guillaume
They're all in love with him because he posed for pictures with them? He's even more charming than I thought.

And regarding my previous ambitious comment about the 'spectacular' woman I hope he marries :) - I did not mean that she should ONLY have these qualities and nothing else. I think it hardly needs to be said that they ought to be happily in love, above all else. However, true love and 'spectacularness' on the part of the bride are not mutually exclusive possibilities. It's not like he can only have the one thing, and not the other! He can have both true love AND with a spectacular woman. It's ambitious, yes, but the world is full of possibilities. And if he does find true love with a 'spectacular' woman, wouldn't that be the best? And why should we not wish the very best for him?

Old 01-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by firelight View Post
They're all in love with him because he posed for pictures with them? He's even more charming than I thought.

And regarding my previous ambitious comment about the 'spectacular' woman I hope he marries :) - I did not mean that she should ONLY have these qualities and nothing else. I think it hardly needs to be said that they ought to be happily in love, above all else. However, true love and 'spectacularness' on the part of the bride are not mutually exclusive possibilities. It's not like he can only have the one thing, and not the other! He can have both true love AND with a spectacular woman. It's ambitious, yes, but the world is full of possibilities. And if he does find true love with a 'spectacular' woman, wouldn't that be the best? And why should we not wish the very best for him?
I fully agree with you.
And I would like to add that sometimes love just isn't enough. I think a woman who marries a prince needs more than just to be in love. It's really nice but ordinary woman who marries prince is still ordinary woman and that might cause problems which make unhappy both of them and the rest of monarchy too.

Old 01-12-2009, 03:32 AM
Commoner

I personally think that if Guillaume marries a women he is in love with and she also loves him they will compromise for each other to make it work as if Guillaume did not marry for love it would just another job for him.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:41 AM
Nobility

If he's thrust into a situation where he has to frequently mingle with a certain set of commoners, like classmates or room mates at uni, he could marry one. Even then, I noticed the Wales' commoner gfs are still very well heeled - sadly much more 'upper class' than me.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that whomever Guillaume marries, she must remember that it is not only a commitment to a marriage, but also a commitment to a life-long full-time job. She will basically have to give up almost everything for this type of marriage (although, the rewards are more amazing than any of us could ever know).
Old 01-12-2009, 03:25 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Please note that claims in the direction of: I know royal X and I am going to talk about it' will be removed by the moderator team.

Lux. Moderators
Old 01-18-2009, 11:02 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
I think that whomever Guillaume marries, she must remember that it is not only a commitment to a marriage, but also a commitment to a life-long full-time job. She will basically have to give up almost everything for this type of marriage (although, the rewards are more amazing than any of us could ever know).
I reckon you're right but we all have to work regardless and there are some really crumby jobs out there. Nice to have one with a few perks. I was just implying that people tend to marry within their own social class. While at uni a sociology lecturer told us that it's easy to slip a class but rare to step up a class.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
I reckon you're right but we all have to work regardless and there are some really crumby jobs out there. Nice to have one with a few perks. I was just implying that people tend to marry within their own social class. While at uni a sociology lecturer told us that it's easy to slip a class but rare to step up a class.
Well that can't be right. Just as many people have to 'step up' a class as the number of people who 'slip down' a class.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:46 AM
Nobility

Wow, that's a big call, not that it doesn't happen. I didn't say it doesn't happen just that it's seldom. I'm happy for people when it does happen too, like Princess Mary. Moving from working class to middle class is one thing but the shift from working class or middle class (and I'm not referring to upper-middle class) to upper class is rare. Anyway all this talk of class is vulgar.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:14 AM
Nobility

Let's see.

Princess Maxima - she worked in bank or sth like that
Princess Mette-Marit - even not study, problematic past etc.
Princess Letizia - journalist, worked in TV
Princess Mary - I'm not sure, she was accountant or lawyer? I've read different things
Princess Marie - she was secretary or sth like that

Princess Victoria's boyfriend Daniel - fitness trainer
Charlene (Albert's girlfriend) - swimmer
Kate Middleton - middleclass ( newspapers write about her Kate Middle(class)ton )

Autumn Kelly - don't remember but she works somewhere, even now
Zara's boyfriend - rugby player

Queen Silvia - she was hostess (?)
Guillaume's mother - not upper class too

That's not full list.
So as you see I don't suppose that conversation about class have sense. Royals can marry who they really want. Upper class, middle class, work class. Whoever.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:59 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Thanks for the overview grace marie. So in short: anything goes these days, my vote goes to Tila Tequila...
Old 01-19-2009, 01:51 PM
Courtier

^ Haha...that post made my day!
Old 01-19-2009, 07:09 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Thanks for the overview grace marie. So in short: anything goes these days, my vote goes to Tila Tequila...

I'm open minded and I love my bi's my friends...But doesn't Guillaume at least deserve a full heterosexual?
Pretty please??
Let the rest of us dream a little??
Wait...I'm married.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:47 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace marie View Post
Let's see.

Princess Maxima - she worked in bank or sth like that
Princess Mette-Marit - even not study, problematic past etc.
Princess Letizia - journalist, worked in TV
Princess Mary - I'm not sure, she was accountant or lawyer? I've read different things
Princess Marie - she was secretary or sth like that

Princess Victoria's boyfriend Daniel - fitness trainer
Charlene (Albert's girlfriend) - swimmer
Kate Middleton - middleclass ( newspapers write about her Kate Middle(class)ton )

Autumn Kelly - don't remember but she works somewhere, even now
Zara's boyfriend - rugby player

Queen Silvia - she was hostess (?)
Guillaume's mother - not upper class too

That's not full list.
So as you see I don't suppose that conversation about class have sense. Royals can marry who they really want. Upper class, middle class, work class. Whoever.
Yes I'd forgotten about Mette-Marit, lol. Thanks for letting me know, some do seem to be from regular backgrounds after all which is nice. I don't follow most of the Euro royals though but know that Mary had a good job with Microsoft and GD Lux was from big money as is Kate Middleton.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:50 AM
Aristocracy

These women may be middle class or at least not upper class, but many if not most still came from fairly wealthy backgrounds. Kate Middleton's parents are millionaires. Queen Silvia's father was a wealthy businessman. Maxima of Netherland's father is an important politician and I believe they have some links to nobility in their family history.

As for our Grand Duchess, her family has links to nobility up in the family tree I think. In any case, even when her family fled Cuba and lost their wealth, they had enough to send her to Switzerland for university studies. She had an excellent education, the kind that excellent money can buy. Not many families have that kind of money!

Some of the ladies do come from more ordinary backgrounds - Mette-Marit and Mary, for instance. That seems more to be the trend with the younger generation. Their parents started the trend of marrying rich upper-middle class people, now they are marrying not-so-rich middle-middle class.

As yet, there aren't any who are from working class backgrounds that I know of, but looks like we're getting there.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:35 PM
Nobility

Good post however I would like to say that Mary is not from an ordinary background although people downplay her background & she & hubby did meet under ordinary circumstances. Mary's father is a university professor and her step-mother is an author. Mary worked for Microsoft, which a few years ago would have been a big deal.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Good post however I would like to say that Mary is not from an ordinary background although people downplay her background & she & hubby did meet under ordinary circumstances. Mary's father is a university professor and her step-mother is an author. Mary worked for Microsoft, which a few years ago would have been a big deal.
I would consider that an ordinary background.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:00 PM
Nobility

Some would consider it an ordinary background but I think it's rather esteemed.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:03 PM

Just a warning, but don't drag the background discussion of any princess in here, this thread is only to discuss possible HGD'sses or their qualities (or supposed qualities).
Old 02-10-2009, 06:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Cute4U View Post
I think the next hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg as described my Guillaume himself on Vanidades (a spanish magazine) must have a broad knowledge of political and diplomatic affairs, be fluent in several languages, like sports and music, enviromentalist and most importantly she must be an open minded, modern and independant women.
What does he mean by "environmentalist?" Does she have to be a member of an environmental group or just care about it in general?

Closed Thread

Tags
hereditary grand duchess, hereditary grand duke guillaume