The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 05:27 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearghas View Post
As I beleive Royals should marry Royals there are a coupkle of Princess That I think are syitable.
Princess Marie Theresia or Princess Elisabeth of Thurn und Taxis
Princess Alice of Bavaria
Archduchess Veronika of Austria, Princess of Tuscany
Countess Fernanda of Toerring-Jettenbach.
They would need to be Catholic as the family are very devout Catholics.

Im not familiar with these princesses. Which one best suits his qualifications, his list of requirements I mean. :)

Old 12-22-2008, 05:58 AM
Aristocracy

I highly doubt he'll marry a royal, just because most of the catholic ones are his cousins. It's a lot easier to marry a nice "commoner" girl. It's not like they're a different species anyway! And since his mother was not an aristocrat either, I see him very much with just an ordinary girl.

Old 12-22-2008, 11:08 PM
Commoner

haha, youre right with the cousins part. I saw a pic of him sitting close to a really pretty blond girl, and thought they looked cute together. But then I found out that she was his first cousin. :P
Old 12-23-2008, 12:49 PM
Aristocracy

But surely at least some of the Catholic royals are NOT his cousins / close family members. I agree that the European royal gene pool needs to be enlarged somewhat - too many centuries of the same families marrying one another - but there is all that royal history to consider. It seems to me that the royal prestige is diluted somewhat as more and more non-aristocrats marry into the royal houses.

I am personally in favour of a royal bride, but if it is to be a non-aristocrat, I expect someone fairly spectacular. Someone with education, poise, cultured, beautiful, articulate, well-read and well-travelled, open-minded, progressive, dynamic, graceful, sensible, hardworking, charismatic, warm etc.

BTW, aivi, who was the blonde girl in question?
Old 12-23-2008, 04:50 PM
Aristocracy

But the biggest reason why he probably won't go royal is because most aristocrats don't perform official duties and just live like socialites, which many of them are. Being royal by birth doesn't make you a more classy person at all. In fact, it may do just the opposite; inflated ego, spoiled rich-kid syndrome, etc... For someone in Guillaume's position, he's going to be Grand Duke one day, he needs a wife who is willing to dedicate her entire life to Luxembourg, and do an awesome job like Maria Teresa. In my opinion, he should marry whoever he likes and whoever he thinks can be the next grand duchess, I just don't see that being found in any of the aristocratic girls.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:26 PM
Courtier

I don't think any of the young women I mentioned could be classed as spoilt rich kids. The TUT girls are the daughters of Gloria. They were certainly brought up well, dowdy even. The Bavarian and Toerring princess are very down to earth and sensible girls. In fact I would say that very few of the Princess from the Gotha (as oppossed to say the daughters of lower aristocracy) would be what you have stated.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:49 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by firelight View Post
Princess Maria-Annunciata of Liechtenstein. :) It was a pic when they were young, maybe late teens early 20s. Now shes mature pretty, but then she was really pretty and fresh-faced.
Old 12-25-2008, 08:32 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aivi View Post
Princess Maria-Annunciata of Liechtenstein.
I've seen her picture! With Felix, not Guillaume, and I also thought they made a lovely couple lol! She is indeed a beautiful woman. She could easily be a supermodel (but prettier than most of the ones around).
Old 12-26-2008, 03:37 PM
Nobility

Quote:
But surely at least some of the Catholic royals are NOT his cousins / close family members. I agree that the European royal gene pool needs to be enlarged somewhat - too many centuries of the same families marrying one another - but there is all that royal history to consider. It seems to me that the royal prestige is diluted somewhat as more and more non-aristocrats marry into the royal houses.

I am personally in favour of a royal bride, but if it is to be a non-aristocrat, I expect someone fairly spectacular. Someone with education, poise, cultured, beautiful, articulate, well-read and well-travelled, open-minded, progressive, dynamic, graceful, sensible, hardworking, charismatic, warm etc.

I think she or he talks about María Anunciata...
Old 12-27-2008, 09:11 AM
Nobility

Quote:

Aren't you too ambitious?
Remember Diana and Charles? Charles had one of beautiful, lovely wife ever. And he was very unhappy indeed. He loved less atractive and spectacular Camilla. And after all this years his married her. I remember what newspapers write about their wedding. " Bad weather, Queen has bad humour, people protesting and only Cam and Charles was happy. And to tell the truth I think only that was important.

And maybe instead spectacular person who is "Someone with education, poise, cultured, beautiful, articulate, well-read and well-travelled, open-minded, progressive, dynamic, graceful, sensible, hardworking, charismatic, warm etc." I wish all royals and all of us person who we'd love not becouse who she/ he is but becouse she/he is.

Amen.
Happy New Year for all people on Forum :)
Old 12-27-2008, 07:41 PM
Nobility

I agree with you grace marie... I think the only important is the true love... becose I remember... Mette Marit was not "Someone with a espectacular education, poise, cultured, beautiful, articulate, well-read and well-travelled, open-minded, progressive, dynamic, graceful, sensible, hardworking, charismatic, warm etc."... but the love made we change for better... and they and teir positions made change...And I think she ´s now a perfect princess...
Old 12-27-2008, 11:52 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Aren't you too ambitious?
Remember Diana and Charles? Charles had one of beautiful, lovely wife ever. And he was very unhappy indeed. He loved less atractive and spectacular Camilla. And after all this years his married her. I remember what newspapers write about their wedding. " Bad weather, Queen has bad humour, people protesting and only Cam and Charles was happy. And to tell the truth I think only that was important.

And maybe instead spectacular person who is "Someone with education, poise, cultured, beautiful, articulate, well-read and well-travelled, open-minded, progressive, dynamic, graceful, sensible, hardworking, charismatic, warm etc." I wish all royals and all of us person who we'd love not becouse who she/ he is but becouse she/he is.

Amen.
Happy New Year for all people on Forum :)
I agree with you wholeheartedly. Royals as well as non-royals deserve to marry the person that they themselves love and wish to spend the rest of their life with. Even if the person has a "past" or if they are of non-aristocratic background, as long as they are happy together and are willing to strive for a better future together. It's the right of all people to have happiness in their marriages.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:02 AM
Serene Highness

I think the same question solves Promi

Promi
Old 01-07-2009, 09:50 AM
Gentry

HRH Mims , have you read this article?
Old 01-07-2009, 11:06 AM
Serene Highness

Unfortunately not, I just saw the cover with headlines
Old 01-07-2009, 01:06 PM
Gentry

It's funny how they manipulate pictures to accomodate their story, I've seen alot of those picures before! For example, a few of those pictures are from the Lux-American business awards, where he just takes pictures with random people of both sexes for pr purposes.

It doesn't make him a womanizer.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:01 PM
Aristocracy

I figured it was something along those lines when I saw the pictures although I don't speak whatever language is used with the headline. Must be a slow newsweek.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 01-08-2009, 10:13 PM
Nobility

What does the cover say? Does it say Guillaume the womanizer?
Old 01-08-2009, 10:53 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The cover in the top right-hand corner says something along the lines of 'Who will be the next Grand Duchess?'
Old 01-08-2009, 11:49 PM
Courtier

Frauenschwarm = heart·throb
It basically says that all the women are in love with Guillaume

Closed Thread

Tags
hereditary grand duchess, hereditary grand duke guillaume