The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 05:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Unless she has been under a rock for the last at least 5 years, I am sure she saw his photo somewhere. Also if she dates him and someone in a dark suit who keeps talking to his cuff tags along, she will figure out this is someone more important than an average student...........don't you think?

Old 08-06-2008, 06:40 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitefeatherz View Post
We really don't know all that much about their personal lives. Who knows? I personally think that if he were sleeping around or playing the playboy/i.e. dating lots of girls we would have heard about it from a kiss-and-tell. Honestly, though, when you tell your bride "Oh by the way I'm 2nd in line for inheriting the throne," it tends to attract the wrong type of girl and the right type sometimes shies away.
Well, maybe...I'm not saying he's a playboy, but he is a good-looking, privileged young man of the world. To me, it's safe to assume that he has dated more than the 2 we've heard of and that maybe those young ladies, were classier and chose to be discreet about any relationship they might have had with Prince Guillaume, instead of divulging details that, really aren't anyone's bussiness.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:52 PM
Aristocracy

And yet, he would have to choose deliberately ladies that were discreet. Problem with this is that everyone makes mistakes in terms of other people's character. Also, there is no such thing as a total secret: Someone (not even the lady involved but others surrounding them sometimes,) eventually tells. He's a prince: One of the most desirable prizes out there right? He would have to go somewhere with those ladies if he was dating them, either home or to friends' homes or out. Eventually they have to go SOMEWHERE in public together (or, if she's a stranger, meeting her somewhere that's probably going to be public,) and when that happens and you are a public figure...you get the idea. Is it possible that he's a playboy without anyone knowing? Sure. Do I think it's likely? Not really.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 08-08-2008, 05:46 AM

I've heard about Pia, but who was the 2nd one:)?
Old 08-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Gentry

My bottom line Nitey is that we don't know anything about it except what we assume. There is not right or wrong here.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:53 PM
Aristocracy

I agree. I wasn't saying one thing one way or the other. Really there IS no way to know unless you are him or someone very close to him that he would confide in.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 08-11-2008, 11:38 AM
Nobility

I think he still not found the love of his life, because not depends if he´s is a millionaire or prince, but he is a very intelligent man and discreet and prefers not to hurry and wait for the girl who made the dream awake .. . and that is that shown for him ...
Old 08-12-2008, 08:15 PM
Commoner

Due to the fact that he is really private about his personal life, and also with his being shy I would not be surprised if we don't here about anymore girlfriends or if he were to marry until he is well past 30 years old.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:45 PM
Aristocracy

He has many good reasons to be gun shy to use the phrase. There are women who will want him because he is a prince, or because he leads a privileged life, or because he is an object (however infrequently,) of the media. He has to weed out all the women who are willing to pretend they want to be with him simply for him rather than because he will lead a country one day or any other selfish reason.

There are predatory women out there who would be willing to lie and do other such unpleasant things to get what they want...and Guillaume, being Catholic, would doubtless not have divorce as an available option if it turns out he married one of those girls who lies until after the wedding night or a woman who pulls a personality 180 degree shift after they are married and stuck with each other for life...Imagine being with someone you can't stand in a public relationship with the whole world looking for the next 50 years.

I have high hopes though that he will find the lady he wants to spend his life with. Yeah, I am a die-hard hopeless romantic.
Although with their seeming ability to go into "stealth" mode to avoid the media I doubt we'll hear about it until they are serious enough to think about engagement.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 08-14-2008, 11:02 PM
Commoner

Thats just what I thought, I do hope he gets the girl of his dreams not a girl who just wants him for what he can provide her.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:29 AM
Commoner

The Lady who marries Guillaume will have to be fluent or will have to learn the languages of Luxembourg to be able to marry Guillaume. As she will have to bee able to understand the people of Luxembourg.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:54 PM

i soo dun like Guillaume, maybe nobody wants him
Old 08-15-2008, 06:05 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Lola View Post

That's so mean!
Old 08-15-2008, 09:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Lola View Post
Why don't you like him?
Old 08-15-2008, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
Why ?
he is trying too hard and doesn't even like it, i dunno
Old 08-15-2008, 11:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZandraRae View Post
Well, I can solve your problem Lighthouse...I'll marry Guillaume!
I'll gladly come and watch!
Old 08-15-2008, 11:37 PM
Commoner

If Guillaume did not like being Royal and also next in Line to the Grand Duchy then he would abdicate or renown his claim to the Grand Duchy and give the position of Crown Prince to his brother Felix.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:10 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess21 View Post
If Guillaume did not like being Royal and also next in Line to the Grand Duchy then he would abdicate or renown his claim to the Grand Duchy and give the position of Crown Prince to his brother Felix.
Who says he doesn't like? I didn't know that he didn't like being the next head honcho. If anything it looks like he's resolute in doing what he is supposed to do, right down to not caring about the way he dresses, I mean him and Felix share each other's stripped tie like there's no tomorrow. If you ask me that's what a real royal is made of, duty versus fashion...way to go Guillaume!
Old 08-17-2008, 06:52 AM
Commoner

Yer, well I thought Princess Lola from a few posts ago did not like Guillaume and what he does, etc. Prince Guillaume is what a Prince should be like he is a good role model for young people. Not like the younger English Royals as they party, etc.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by elleann View Post
Yes Pia That is nonsence!!!
I dont understand how she was with him. She catched his eye! Thats sure.Dont understand what was vey fine about her to date her?
And about spanish language interview thats not problem. There are a lot of translators online all over the internet
There are language translators available free on the internet, however you have to be careful with them because frequently they do not translate it very well and can also get words that are the same but may have a different meaning to it (like gay/happy or gay/homosexual, etc,) wrong.

They are very convenient however if you have a decent knowledge of what you are trying to translate, but usually you need to know at least a passing knowledge of what you are trying to translate to weed out the mistakes.

-Eleanor Roosevelt
Closed Thread

Tags
hereditary grand duchess, hereditary grand duke guillaume