The Next Hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're such private people that I seriously doubt unless someone mistakenly 'outed' them that we will hear anything until they are serious about someone.

Is Guillaume now the last single/non engaged European heir?

I could see the next Hereditary Grand Duchess being similar to Crown Princess Mathilde; beautiful and modern, but still a bit more conservative/softspoken. Or, of course, she'll be Guillaume's total opposite, more of a Alexandra, Countess of Fredericksbourg type.

No, he's not :nonono:

I would love to see him with someone like CP Victoria of Sweden, but a little bit more shy and younger than Guillaume:wub:! And brunette (probably because of that tarot reading) :ROFLMAO:

I'd like to see him with a Mary, Maxima or Madeline. Maybe even a Chelsy Davy.

I think Guillaume would work with a Mary or Maxima, possibly a Madeline. A girl like Chelsy Davy, honestly I cannot see her fitting into his image of the next GD of Luxembourg. She'd be more outgoing than him, but Chelsy Davy doesn't seem like the type to go to charity events or to really want to represent the country of Luxembourg. The next hereditary grand duchess has to be more than just eye candy.

I think Pia and Chelsy has something in common ;) My "vote" goes to Victoria and Mary :cool:

his image of the next GD of Luxembourg

Would love to hear more about that;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Chelsy is a very smart young lady from what I've read about her. She's a beautiful girl with a brain. As far as representing a country who knows but I think she'd make a great ambassador.

Although the link to the original article is long gone by now, I remember this from a conversation that started a few years ago,

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=710054&postcount=16

The little rough translation of what the article said.

Edit: Forget to mention that it was an interview with Guillaume.

Thanks:flowers: It was for some Spanish magazine, right? I would love to see his interviews, but it's hard to find them :)

I'm old school =) Princess shouldn't be seen with cigarettes, a lot of drinks, in toooo low skirts and topless.

Right, a Spanish magazine.

I agree with the old school bit. The cigarettes might fly if she's discreet about them (both Guillaume and Felix have been pictured smoking cigs) but seeing a princess stumble out of a bar at two o'clock in the morning would be...scary.

He also said she needed to be fluent in several languages.

from: Guillaume, Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Guillaume's educations ...... a charitable institution for the disabled.
His only known relationship[vague] was with Norwegian Pia Haraldsen, the adopted daughter of the nephew of Queen Sonja of Norway. They met at the 2001 wedding of Crown Prince Haakon of Norway to Mette-Marit Tjessem Høiby and began dating in 2002. The relationship ended[citation needed] after a year. On July 12 2008 he announced his engagemnet to Princess Elisabeth von Thurn und Taxis, daughter of Gloria, Furstin von Thurn und Taxis.

Someone for the love of god, please tell me someone blitzed wikipedia and it's all just a bad joke...... please!

(comforted by the fact that they spelled 'engagement' wrong)

who is this woman?

I almost had a panic attack when I read that last night! :)
Do not worry, that was taken off because there weren't any facts to back up the info. Check the revision history on his Wikipedia page.
I checked the grand ducal family's site last night and nothing!

I noticed the Wikipedia entry too, and I think it's just someone with either wishful thinking or playing a joke. Yesterday was the 12th and there was no mention of an engagment in the Luxembourg press or anywhere else.

from: Guillaume, Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Guillaume's educations ...... a charitable institution for the disabled.
His only known relationship[vague] was with Norwegian Pia Haraldsen, the adopted daughter of the nephew of Queen Sonja of Norway. They met at the 2001 wedding of Crown Prince Haakon of Norway to Mette-Marit Tjessem Høiby and began dating in 2002. The relationship ended[citation needed] after a year. On July 12 2008 he announced his engagemnet to Princess Elisabeth von Thurn und Taxis, daughter of Gloria, Furstin von Thurn und Taxis.

Someone for the love of god, please tell me someone blitzed wikipedia and it's all just a bad joke...... please!

(comforted by the fact that they spelled 'engagement' wrong)

who is this woman?

Friends please take a look at the date...July 12 2008...we are in 2009 so don´t worry and be happy ther´s no engagement in his life :flowers:

Ladies do dream, dreams sometime are fulfilled. That said it is not strange for Royals to have parties and invite Ladies/ Men they pre-approve of for their children in hopes something will spark. Since many younger Royals no longer accept arranged marriages ( which were once custom) always for joining Kingdoms/territory. Royals have these events and invite those they deem having potential. It is their way of meddling without being overt or pushy- they then let nature take it's course.

Three responses in one post...

He also said she needed to be fluent in several languages.

1. Hmm... where is my Spanish dictionary; I'll have to start working on a third language.

Ladies do dream, dreams sometime are fulfilled...
2. ^^Thanks for the encouragement :flowers:.

3. I'm absolutely shocked that the wikipedia entry isn't the truth--just shocked! :rolleyes:

Bonus: I wonder what role age would play in who Guillaume should marry. I'll admit that while I'd love to marry him (he's just so darn cute) there is a...substantial age difference. Would he be able to marry a girl who was five or more years younger than him? How about an older girl? Could a younger girl uphold the responsibility of being an HGD?

Last edited:
I think we can consider acceptable all the girls born from 1979 to 1990. Maybe even 1978 and 1991

I've read that the perfect age difference is 4 years! He is 27 now? So she must be 23... :D

I've read that the perfect age difference is 4 years! He is 27 now? So she must be 23... :D

Which is exactly how old that Michaela Forcini girl is said to be, oddly enough. Which also means I am the puuurfect age for Felix :clap:

Although, I really liked when his uncle Prince Nikolaus of Liechtenstein who is 10 years older than his wife Princess Margaretha of Luxembourg said that the years of their marriage have been a gift/present. Princess Angela of Liechtenstein is 11 years older than her husband Prince Maximilian of Liechtenstein and they seem perfectly happy. Seems to me that there is no perfect age.

3. I'm absolutely shocked that the wikipedia entry isn't the truth--just shocked! :rolleyes:

This should in no way be a shock lol... I have seen many Royal and Imperial lines discluded such as mine because they are not historically prominant... I also have seen much fabricated information there. The public do the writing for Wiki. The administrators do demonstrate either bias or ignorance. Approving things unsubstantiated and rejecting somethings that are fact. We also see in history that propoganda and facts are two different creatures. Even the famed Lincoln log cabin which for years was publically declared to be the original has been demonstrated to actually be a re-creation made for political reasons and to boost ticket sales.

This should in no way be a shock lol... I have seen many Royal and Imperial lines discluded such as mine because they are not historically prominant... I also have seen much fabricated information there. The public do the writing for Wiki. The administrators do demonstrate either bias or ignorance. Approving things unsubstantiated and rejecting somethings that are fact. We also see in history that propoganda and facts are two different creatures. Even the famed Lincoln log cabin which for years was publically declared to be the original has been demonstrated to actually be a re-creation made for political reasons and to boost ticket sales.

I was being sarcastic about Wikipedia. I know they aren't 100% reliable :flowers:.

On the subject of age, I guess it really does just rely on personal maturity and not just being close in age or old enough.

Which is exactly how old that Michaela Forcini girl is said to be, oddly enough. Which also means I am the puuurfect age for Felix :clap:

I through Michaela was the same age as Guillaume (if not a year older) :D :flowers: The article said wife should be younger than husband (so... are u 20?;)) ? but the most important thing in marriage is love :wub:

BTW there is interesting discussion about our Guillaume on this site
YouTube - prince Guillame

Oh giddy gods! People will never let that rumor go (oh no: because everyone always claims to know the "real" Guillaume:rolleyes:) .

Honestly you can't just rush into a marriage and just because we don't hear about his girlfriend and he remains unmarried it is not fair to claim rumors as being true.

Guillaume has high standards for his future HGD and he needs time to find her. :)

It was someone's joke, he is single :flowers:
And yes it's Elisabeth (sp) ;)

Oh giddy gods! People will never let that rumor go (oh no: because everyone always claims to know the "real" Guillaume:rolleyes:) .

Honestly you can't just rush into a marriage and just because we don't hear about his girlfriend and he remains unmarried it is not fair to claim rumors as being true.

Guillaume has high standards for his future HGD and he needs time to find her. :)

I was surprised by that rumor! Though i didn't believe in it, i sometimes catch myself on looking for some hints of it (shame on me, i know):sad:

I through Michaela was the same age as Guillaume (if not a year older) :D :flowers: The article said wife should be younger than husband (so... are u 20?;)) ? but the most important thing in marriage is love :wub:

YouTube - prince Guillame

I have the Promi that introduced the alleged relationship between Guillaume and Michaela to the world. Which to my knowledge it the sole source for the info on her and the relationship. In that issue it indicates that she was 23. I did read elsewhere that she was a year older than him, but that I think was a repeat of info found here or in Promi.

No, I'm not 20. I'm actually 2 days short of being exactly 4 years older than Felix.

What discussion? All I found was a video of pics of Guillaume.

Surely, we all agree that love is the most important quality. However, Guillaume's interview made it seem like he was looking for a women with a good resume not necessarily a love match.

However, Guillaume's interview made it seem like he was looking for a women with a good resume not necessarily a love match.

Which interview are you referring to? Is it available on the net? In which language is made?

Which interview are you referring to? Is it available on the net? In which language is made?

It was an interview he gave in a Spanish magazine. It was discussed here earlier in the thread and in another thread. I don't think anyone ever linked the actual article. If someone has that it would be great if they would post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom