The Next Hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:huh:
Who says he doesn't like? I didn't know that he didn't like being the next head honcho. If anything it looks like he's resolute in doing what he is supposed to do, right down to not caring about the way he dresses, I mean him and Felix share each other's stripped tie like there's no tomorrow. If you ask me that's what a real royal is made of, duty versus fashion...way to go Guillaume!
:lol:

If they are anything like my sister and I, it's not the same striped tie they just share the same similar tastes and bought the same one with or without knowing. Hehe. If it works for 'em both, why shouldn't they each have one?

If they are anything like my sister and I, it's not the same striped tie they just share the same similar tastes and bought the same one with or without knowing. Hehe. If it works for 'em both, why shouldn't they each have one?

:ROFLMAO:
I guess I'm the only one that thinks it's funny that multi-billionaire princes only own a couple of ties each. Unless Felix and Guillaume are like me (I doubt it though) and buy 2 or 3 exact articles of clothing, in case they stop making them (laugh if you want, I know I'm weird) .

I agree with Nitefeatherz as me and my sister sometimes meet and we find we are wearing the same jacket or top, etc and we live at separate area of the country. So Guillaume and Felix could just have similar tastes in clothing.

He has many good reasons to be gun shy to use the phrase. There are women who will want him because he is a prince, or because he leads a privileged life, or because he is an object (however infrequently,) of the media. He has to weed out all the women who are willing to pretend they want to be with him simply for him rather than because he will lead a country one day or any other selfish reason. :bang:

There are predatory women out there who would be willing to lie and do other such unpleasant things to get what they want...and Guillaume, being Catholic, would doubtless not have divorce as an available option if it turns out he married one of those girls who lies until after the wedding night or a woman who pulls a personality 180 degree shift after they are married and stuck with each other for life...Imagine being with someone you can't stand in a public relationship with the whole world looking for the next 50 years. :eek:

I have high hopes though that he will find the lady he wants to spend his life with. Yeah, I am a die-hard hopeless romantic. :wub:
Although with their seeming ability to go into "stealth" mode to avoid the media I doubt we'll hear about it until they are serious enough to think about engagement.:lol:

I agree with you!!! And I hope too he finds his true love... some girl that love very much him and make him smail every time... becose he´s very cute and handsome when smail...

I'm a romantic at heart and I believe that Guillaume will pick a good and right girl when he marries. But there is always the option that he will pick a girl that he thinks is best suited to as a wife of a Crown Prince. Also his parents might have something to say about it maybe I not sure?

I think at this point where alliances aren't necessarily forged by royal marriages a union based on politics could be potentially chaotic and bad for a royal family. Before the current availability of information with all the technology we have today people didn't necessarily know how well their royal married couples got on together. They could hate each other, cheat on each other, etc...it's not like they had photography and tape recorders to prove what some people said and how many people would go up against someone who had absolute power?

That isn't the case these days. We can go poking around in someone's life so easily through a zoom lens or through the eyes and ears of the tattletales surrounding them that gossip to the media who write it in tabloids for the world to see. That in and of itself could be possibly more damaging to the politics of a country than the benefit of any political marriage could prove.

Think of the Clinton scandal in the U.S. He cheated on his wife- not exactly a new idea in history. However he is the leader of our country and lied in a court of law- would up in a situation where people were trying to have him impeached which caused countless amounts of political and social chaos for the U.S. and possibly all the countries that are allied to the U.S. BECAUSE we were in a situation where no one was sure what was going to happen next.

Then there's the fact that the leader of the COUNTRY was busted in a court of law for committing perjury (lying in a court of law,) so that if he's lying about that, politicians and citizens have to both wonder..."What else did he lie about for expediency?"

See how easy it is for a political relationship to cause turmoil? It seems like a good idea at the start but imagine if the relationship is lukewarm or worse that they decide they hate each other. They wind up cheating on each other and looking for warmth in someone else's arms. (See the whole Charles and Diana fiasco.)

I can say that a royal should think about suitability in terms of who they are marrying about their country but I think a political marriage in this day and age in terms of what was done in the past would be a nightmare waiting to happen.

There has to be a basic love and determination between two people that the marriage is going to work and that they will each do whatever it takes to keep it together or else it will most likely eventually fail and in this media tech age you know that will also mean embarrassment in the media.

Personally, I have never thought that a marriage based on politics/lineage, or anything other than love was a possibility for Guillaume or any of his siblings. It goes without saying that it's not directly in his blood. If by some near impossible irony it would happen like that and a marriage was arranged, it would greatly affect my opinion of him, to me he would become no more than a backwards elitist hypocryte. The way I see it, GD Henri defended his love for MT from the very traditional GD Charlotte to his parents and whomever else disapproved of him marrying a commoner (wealthy, but a commoner nonetheless) and it would be a shame to have their story seem like a fluke in history, because aside from Henri and MT, nothing regarding marriage has changed in the Grand Duchy.

I agree.
Arranged marriages to strengthen alliances don't exist anymore primarily because modern royal families no longer hold as much influence on politics and governance as in the past.
When we see a royal marrying another individual from an equally prominent family, it's convenient to conclude that the marriage is arranged. Perhaps, much like any of us, they just moved within the same social circles, found/liked/loved each other and agreed to marry.

Good points (previous posts). Does anyone know if Guillaume was dating that Italian (can't remember her name) or any other girls lately. I wish I could Marry Guillaume? (he he)

I suppose that's one quality his future bride must have - she must buy him more ties! :D

Firelight...Yes! Absolutely...in fact, if I were her I'd cut the old ones all in half and burn them to make sure he doesn't dig them out of the trash!

Yer, Firelight and MamboQueen he does need new ties. Hopefully he gets some more ties soon? When he gets a bride I think her first job should be to sort his wardrobe out or get someone to do it maybe?

Do you think the Grand Ducal Family will accept a princess that is ethnic such as of African or Latino descent?

I don't think they'd be racist, after all, MT is Cuban. I think Guillaume will marry a foreign girl anyway, though I think she'll be European for some reason.

Good point. I don't know why but I can see Prince Felix dating an ethnic girl...Marrying? I don't know..She'd have to be some girl. But hey..anything is possible.

Good point. I don't know why but I can see Prince Felix dating an ethnic girl...Marrying? I don't know..She'd have to be some girl. But hey..anything is possible.

:rolleyes:
You're right, anything is possible, and I agree with them not being racist MT is a Latina by birth, and it shouldn't be overlooked that us Latinas come in many flavors to suit any taste, from darkest to fairest and everything in between. But all that aside I think the priority of royals nowadays has changed to marrying for love and companionship instead of pedigree.
I don't think these boys will meet with any resistance from their parents I mean look at Louis & Tessy, Felix has nothing to worry about, he's third in line. Guillaume might get more advice and coercing in that area but only because of his position and his parents may just go as far as telling him to make sure she's has moral values, loves him and the country.
;)

For any royal match, I think love and compatible characters are fundamental on a personal level, just like for any other relationship. Given the public/State component of a royal match, I think there are other important qualities as well. Nowadays for royal consorts in general, I think one of the most important qualities is to have very thick skin. The Luxembourg press does not seem to be overly aggressive but things change. For Luxembourg, specifically, I think a command of languages, a solid cultural background, and an ability to represent the country with intelligence, poise and elegance in a variety of settings are a must. I think Grand Duchess Maria Teresa is an excellent model: degreed in Political Science, speaks several languages and is comfortable whether she is at a State visit or working on behalf of UNESCO anywhere around the world.

Who says they don't have the same problems dressing as we do? :cool: Except its not just friends, family and co-workers they have to worry about- they represent a whole country! Hehe... If it works and you love it why not buy the same thing more than once? Although that might be seen as favoritism by the royal family which they might want to avoid. :whistling:

I hope that they would be open minded- Cuban and Latino aren't really that far apart. It's hard enough to find a mate that will work for a lifetime without putting ethnic boundaries on it.

Who says they don't have the same problems dressing as we do? :cool: Except its not just friends, family and co-workers they have to worry about- they represent a whole country! Hehe... If it works and you love it why not buy the same thing more than once? Although that might be seen as favoritism by the royal family which they might want to avoid. :whistling:

I hope that they would be open minded- Cuban and Latino aren't really that far apart. It's hard enough to find a mate that will work for a lifetime without putting ethnic boundaries on it.

:ermm:
Actually all Cubans are hispanic/latin, so they aren't far apart at all.

I totally agree with buying more than one thing if it fits and looks good (guilty over her), but c'mon the same tie???? They can wear the same tux everyday forever if they want and I doubt anyone will notice or care, But ties???? the tie is the flavor of a suit! It's where a man's personality or mood is reflected (IMO anyway), If you wear the same tie all the time, you're either cheap or boring or don't care how you look to the world, which is a big no no for a public figure representing a country. You have to care about presenting a good image for goodness sake!
:D

I don't mind men wearing the same suit and tie to every function. Just as long as suit and tie are clean.

But they aren't wearing the same tie all the time. The comment was that someone had noticed that Prince Guillaume and his brother wear the same tie between them- as in, the same pattern not the same tie ALL the time. If you have a favored accessory that looks good why not wear it often?

:rolleyes:
I don't think I said that they swap ties Nitey (but quote me if I did) What I said was that they each wear their own tie frequently Felix more than Guillaume though. Guillaume's tie is a baby blue one with some kind of chain-looking design, but to his credit he also wears a yellow one with stuff on it. Felix on the other hand wears that baby blue/pink stripped little number like a uniform.
:p

Just out of curiosity, does anyone think he might be remotely interested in either of the Thurn und Taxis sisters? I'm only stimulating conversation! They seem pretty edgy in dress and style but they seem very private as is HGD for being such public figures. We don't hear many ramblings about any of their escapades. They are "publically" Catholic and I understand that HGD Guillaume would be rather inclined to date a Catholic. Unless of course they may already be dating other people privately. I know that HGD Guillaume is perceived as being a bit conservative but it may be possible that they may share some common interests. No need to worry about finances as both families have rather large amounts money of their own. Just putting the thought out there...

MM:flowers:

I don't think he is. He would've got that a long time ago. They are an obvious choice and I don't know he may want to steer away from royals as far as marriage material.

In terms of genetics, the royals at this point are such a small gene pool it might be a very wise idea to stay away from ANY other royalty in order to thin out the potential of all the genetic diseases that are passed down. Think of all the inter-marrying they have done in the past to other royal families. I'm sure in some way they are all really related to one another.

I've heard of one too many royals in history who were born with hereditary diseases...like the six children of the Duke of Parma who were mentally retarded, or the various royals we have heard about who have hemophilia in history.

Marrying outside the royal families might not rule out a hereditary disease but limiting the gene pool in my opinion would definitely greatly increase the chances. After all there are only so many royal families out there. Even nobility... they are not exactly creating MORE nobility at this point.

I don't think they should be too worried about getting inbred kids, but the bad thing about there being so little royals (bad for the royals, not for us) now is that most of them have less of a chance of actually liking each other romantically because of the small selection. I mean, there's so much more chance that Guillaume will meet a nice girl who isn't nobility (though she could likely be upper class) and hit it off with her.

I've heard that Queen Victoria (who lived not too long ago) was the grandmother of many royals (across Europe). And that was after some intermarriage had already decreased the gene pool. I (a commoner) avoid dating my relatives and royalty should avoid it too, at least until the gene pool is a little more dilute. I'm not surprised the young royals don't often marry each other these days.

The last one I remember is Pia Haraldson. I might be behind the times but I really don't remember any other serious flames of his since.

Well it appears he hasn't had a girlfriend in a very very long time indeed but any posts questioning his sexuality are censored (meaning deleted) and that will happen to this post too. Just adds fuel to the fire if you ask me.;) What really amuses me is how everyone make silly excuses, talking about secret gfs and discreet romances :whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom