The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-19-2014, 03:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
sorry but no doctor ould reveal anything to a mag...
I agree but unfortunatly there are still people who buy theses magazines and believe what they write

Old 08-19-2014, 03:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by soraya View Post
I agree but unfortunatly there are still people who buy theses magazines and believe what they write

Stephane is not seen much in public. They have no kids... all this is just enough for the press to start rumours...
And if she will have a child, a month after the birth speculations would start again!

Old 08-21-2014, 05:35 AM
Royal Highness

I feel sorry for HGD Guillaume and Stéphanie. Noone except them and maybe their families and close friends know the truth. I wish them so much they won't face infertilty and all the pressure that go with. It is something very difficult to cope with for private people, the long wait, the medical process, the unavoidable self-questioning "why can't we have children? why did it work so well for our family / friends ? why did my best friend have two lovely babies within eighteen months ?", the so delicate questions coming from not so close people. Not been able to have children of your own when you are the heir of a prestigious family ... I can't even imagine how painful and difficult to bear it must be. If HGD are to live this ordeal, I do only wish they won't be harassed by the medias.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:18 AM
Aristocracy

Truth be said, to the viewer looking in from the outside, things don't seem to be running all that smoothly for Stephanie and Guillaume. It was a spectacular wedding, what a union between two great families! [an oddity in today's world of royalty where everyone from the heir to the British throne to the King of Holland have married commoners] Yet, Stephanie doesn't seem to be doing much. By contrast, look at how Kate Middleton was off and flying as soon as she got married. And the most disconcerting thing is that there is no child on the way. I know that Guillaume and Stephanie said that they would wait before having a child, but it seems odd that they are waiting to do what their most important duty is-- that is to have a child.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:01 AM
Royal Highness

I think it might be true. Stephanie this summer little appeared in public.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
I think it might be true. Stephanie this summer little appeared in public.
The Grand Ducal Family never has many duties between national day in late June and early to mid-September. Stéphanie's last engagement was on July 13, which was about two week after Maria Teresa's last one on June 27. This is the same every year, nothing unusual about it.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayarena View Post
Truth be said, to the viewer looking in from the outside, things don't seem to be running all that smoothly for Stephanie and Guillaume. It was a spectacular wedding, what a union between two great families! [an oddity in today's world of royalty where everyone from the heir to the British throne to the King of Holland have married commoners] Yet, Stephanie doesn't seem to be doing much. By contrast, look at how Kate Middleton was off and flying as soon as she got married. And the most disconcerting thing is that there is no child on the way. I know that Guillaume and Stephanie said that they would wait before having a child, but it seems odd that they are waiting to do what their most important duty is-- that is to have a child.
Considering that Stéphanie lost her mother less than two month prior to her wedding, I'm fairly certain that she had other things on her mind than trying to have a child immediately after the wedding. Many couples want to settle into married life first before having a child, why should royals bet different? Stéphanie turned 30 earlier this year so they are in no rush.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:33 PM
Aristocracy

Yes, it definitely sounds as if Stephanie is getting the Charlene treatment. Why do so many people care when a Royal birth is announced and then happens?
Old 08-26-2014, 07:35 PM
Majesty

Alexey1904, I read a book once that drew the analogy between the popularity of Royal dynasties with their children. The more children a Royal family has, the more popular they are. However "bumpwatch" (I sooo hate that vulgar, idiotic word!) has always made me uncomfortable.

For one thing it reduces a woman's worth to how well her reproductive organs are working. What if the couple wants children but simply haven't been successful yet?

Anyway, it's like Sydney said. Stephanie has been married for less than two years and has only just turned 30. It's not like she is in a race against the clock!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 08-27-2014, 01:16 PM
Royal Highness

Stéphi prays for a child
http://promilux.lu/site/Images/Unes/Une%20163.jpg

baby stories (s) to the Court
http://www.luxprivat.lu/var/plain_si...me_sidebar.jpg
Old 08-27-2014, 01:43 PM
Majesty

My guess is that the covers are in local tabloids. I hope the baby drama in local mass media will subside.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Oh God. Sometimes I think a woman must be insane to want to marry into a Royal family!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 08-27-2014, 10:15 PM
Commoner

[QUOTE=Rayarena;. I know that Guillaume and Stephanie said that they would wait before having a child, but it seems odd that they are waiting to do what their most important duty is-- that is to have a child.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the 1800s. Their duty is to have a child.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:18 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinnia View Post
Sounds like the 1800s. Their duty is to have a child.
It does sound like the 1800s, but then again, so is the concept of a royal family. They aren't your neighbor next door. If your neighbor next door gets married and decides that he or she does not want to have a child, it's no big deal. If your neighbor next door decides that he or she wants to adopt a child from Vietnam or China instead of having one that's fine. If Guillaume and Stephanie decide that they don't want to have a child, or decide to adopt a little girl form the Philippines as their only child and heir, it would become a state issue.

As the heir to the dynasty, Guillaume's job is to make sure that the Nassau family continue. This is done by having a child.
Old 08-28-2014, 07:04 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayarena View Post
It does sound like the 1800s, but then again, so is the concept of a royal family. They aren't your neighbor next door. If your neighbor next door gets married and decides that he or she does not want to have a child, it's no big deal. If your neighbor next door decides that he or she wants to adopt a child from Vietnam or China instead of having one that's fine. If Guillaume and Stephanie decide that they don't want to have a child, or decide to adopt a little girl form the Philippines as their only child and heir, it would become a state issue.

As the heir to the dynasty, Guillaume's job is to make sure that the Nassau family continue. This is done by having a child.
Unfortunately, the motto "when I want a child, I get pregnant and everything goes well" is far from the truth. The HGD have to make sure that the family continue, that does not mean the sole grace of their wishes will conceive a child. Would that be such easy, I would be currently expecting my fourth child. Alas, I am still awaiting to expect the first.

I heartily pity all the heirs of a title who are facing infertility. Adoption is by no way an option for a Gotha family. A title can not be passed even through plenary adoption.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

she should appear more in covers.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:45 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancia View Post
Unfortunately, the motto "when I want a child, I get pregnant and everything goes well" is far from the truth. The HGD have to make sure that the family continue, that does not mean the sole grace of their wishes will conceive a child. Would that be such easy, I would be currently expecting my fourth child. Alas, I am still awaiting to expect the first.

I heartily pity all the heirs of a title who are facing infertility. Adoption is by no way an option for a Gotha family. A title can not be passed even through plenary adoption.
I fervently hope that they are not having fertility issues. It would be so sad that the union of two such distinguished families [Nassau and Lannoy] would end in fertility issues. Their child after all would have the undisputed best pedigree amongst the new crop of heirs of Gotha!
Old 02-16-2016, 01:28 PM
Royal Highness

Stephanie on the cover of Télécran, das Luxemburger Magazin
Old 02-16-2016, 09:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisma View Post
Stephanie on the cover of Télécran, das Luxemburger Magazin

That is a beautiful picture of the Hereditary Grand Duchess.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:23 PM
Majesty

That is a gorgeous photo of Stephanie, but the photo shopping is a bit much!

Tags
guillaume, hereditary grand duchess stéphanie, luxembourg, stephanie de lannoy