HGD Stéphanie, Current Events Part 1: October 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Princess Robijn

Moderator Emeritus , Royal Blogger
City
-
Country
Netherlands
500px-great-coat-of-arms-of-grand-duke-henri-of-luxembourg-svg_orig.png

Welcome to the 1st thread for Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie of Luxembourg's Current Events.
Please post current news and events of Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie in this thread

While doing so, please remember to follow the TRF posting guidelines and the copyright rules TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines :

• In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.

Thanks and happy Posting!

JessRulz, Marengo & Princess Robijn
Luxembourg Forum Moderators

Last edited by a moderator:
Eagerly awaiting Stephanie's solo events and appearances. :flowers:

So do I Breffney. She seemed to take to the crowds during her two day wedding ceremonies with an ease and charm that came quite naturally to her...lucky Luxembourg!

Does anyone have an idea of when her first solo appearance would be?

From what I can see both ladies look amazing. Wish we can have better pics

She does look radiant in that last photo. Very pretty color!

She is really delightful !!! She has become one of my favourite Princess !!!

Is it just me or does she seem to dress a little too frumpy and old for her age? Im sorry, it's just that I have yet to see her in something young and fresh looking. She is always wearing suits that look heavy and cover her like she is in her 60's. Maybe it's a Luxembourg thing. Just saying.

I think the way Stephanie dresses is a reflection of the values taught by her parents who were much older than most others. Their attitudes and perceptions represent a more circumspect era, both as a result of their age and of their position. Maybe Stephanie will loosen up a bit as she gains confidence in herself.

I think the way Stephanie dresses is a reflection of the values taught by her parents who were much older than most others. Their attitudes and perceptions represent a more circumspect era, both as a result of their age and of their position. Maybe Stephanie will loosen up a bit as she gains confidence in herself.
I think you are right !:flowers:

^^ I agree too. It's going to be interesting to see how her style evolves (or not) with time

Maybe it also has to do with her faith, depending on how strict her Catholic faith is, one of her sisters are in a religious order, and an aunt is a nun, as well as having relatives who are priests. Perhaps she's more into a spiritual life than other crown princesses are and the importance of dressing and beautiful clothes will not play a major role in her life, and instead she will concentrate on what she can do in her role as hereditary grand duchess.

^^^^
Or maybe she really is frumpy and has bad taste.

Maybe it also has to do with her faith, depending on how strict her Catholic faith is, one of her sisters are in a religious order, and an aunt is a nun, as well as having relatives who are priests. Perhaps she's more into a spiritual life than other crown princesses are and the importance of dressing and beautiful clothes will not play a major role in her life, and instead she will concentrate on what she can do in her role as hereditary grand duchess.

Good points. I too have wondered about that, and she does remind me of ultra-religious people who I know.

Whatever she is, she's certainly not vain.

Good point about her faith. Maybe what we see as old fashioned, conservative as a result of her having been surrounded by much older people her entire life and raised by such old parents also has to do with her faith. Maybe she believes in values like modesty and moderation when choosing your clothes, which are typical of people who are deeply religious, and her family seems to be deeply religious. In any case, this may change as she enters a "new" family, who are also religious but the women are not afraid of a bit of glamour.
In any case, it's going to be interesting to see how she changes/evolves with time

I think it's refreshing to NOT see half naked pictures of royalty.

LaRae

Oh, I did mot mean to imply that she should go around half naked, I just think she is a lovely young woman and she dresses so conservative. I did not stop to think that it was due to her upbringing or her religious beliefs. Of course that would make a difference seeing that she is quite modest. I should have thought it through better.

^^^^
Or maybe she really is frumpy and has bad taste.
Good taste is not something that comes naturally, as (almost) everything else it has to be cultivated, and if you are not interested in something you don't find interesting or important, you won't cultivate that trait. Perhaps Stéphanie prefers dressing comfortable rather than fashionable.

Last edited:

Good point. Of course that depends on how religious she is personally. I come from a large Irish Catholic family with several nuns as cousins. I can remember as a 5 year old helping smuggle a case of beer into the convent residence 2-3 bottles at a time in a paper bag - this was 1950-1 of course.:ROFLMAO:

I agree with all of you especially Meraude. As much as I enjoy seeing some of the CP's like Kate and Charlene look stylish and dazzling and wear beautiful clothes, I am more than ready for a Princess who will take a completely opposite anti-glam approach to her position. She was breathtaking on the most important day of her public life, the day that really counts.

As long as Stephanie's clothes are clean and she is well groomed I don't really mind if she isn't that interested in fashion for now.

Last edited:
Remember she has also been grieving for her Mother. If you haven't been through that kind of grief, let me assure you it can take a long time to work through it. We will all just have to watch her grow into her roll as a Princess.

I think Stephanie is pretty stylish. Not in the same way as Mary, Kate, MM, Letizia or Maxima but in her own way. She's just more modest that the other CP's.

Back
Top Bottom