The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-31-2016, 05:34 PM
Majesty

that's great news, is this stephanie's first patronage on her own?

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 01-31-2016, 10:58 PM
Courtier

Third patronage.
Amis des Musées d'Art et d'Histoire Luxembourg since March 2013
University of Luxembourg's Centre for Systems Biomedicine's (LCSB)Scienteens Lab since May 2014
President of MUDAM since January 29, 2016

Luxarazzi: New Patronage for the Hereditary Grand Duchess reported her Scienteens Lab patronage and mentions the first.

Stephanie's also a member on the board of the Fondation du Grand-Duc et de la Grande-Duchesse since her marriage so if you count that, she's got 4 patronages.

Old 02-16-2016, 02:25 PM
Courtier

Stephanie gave an interview to Télécran which appears Wednesday. Wort has some excerpts:
"We are very fortunate to live in a country where one is constantly investing in the culture, which allows us to have many museums and exhibitions of very high level."

In the interview, the young nobleman, who will celebrate her 32nd birthday on Thursday, not only on their social commitment is one, but also on her personal life: "For my husband and me, it is important as often as possible to find time for us and to meet with our friends and family. "

Luxemburger Wort - Stéphanie: "Ich habe den Puls der Luxemburger gespürt"

Google translation: https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url
Old 02-20-2016, 12:31 AM
Courtier

Luxemburger Wort - Luxembourg princess' former employer investigated for fraud

Luxarazzi: A (Non-)Story: Stéphanie and "Kepha Invest"
Old 02-22-2016, 03:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Before their wedding in 2012, heir apparent Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg and his wife Princess Stéphanie said they wanted to wait a few years before starting a family. It seems that the couple are still not ready to become parents, as Stéphanie revealed in a recent interview.

Speaking to French magazine Point de Vue on the occasion of her 32nd birthday, Stéphanie said: "I don't have any plans to become a mother. For the moment, I'm enjoying spending time with my husband."
Read more: Princess Stéphanie of Luxembourg has no plans to become a mother yet
Old 02-23-2016, 06:11 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
It is quite surprising. I have bought PdV for the lovely interview with HGD Stéphanie and although I read it twice, I did found nowhere these sentences. Maybe there have been different versions of the interview in the belgian PdV. Or I misread. But I just re-read the interview.
Old 02-23-2016, 10:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancia View Post
It is quite surprising. I have bought PdV for the lovely interview with HGD Stéphanie and although I read it twice, I did found nowhere these sentences. Maybe there have been different versions of the interview in the belgian PdV. Or I misread. But I just re-read the interview.
Wort translated parts of Stephanie’s PdV interview and noted the same issue. I’m glad for their translation since I don’t subscribe or buy the magazine. It was an excellent interview.
“At no point in the article does she refer to any decisions about being a mother, as was suggested in a recent "Hello" article.”
Luxemburger Wort - Luxembourg princess describes marriage to Prince Guillaume

Stephanie declined to answer baby questions in another interview for Le Jeudi.
“Je ne souhaite pas répondre à cette question. Ça va être la surprise…”
Stéphanie zum Nachwuchs: Ça va être la surprise | Tageblatt
Old 02-24-2016, 07:49 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisma View Post
Wort translated parts of Stephanie’s PdV interview and noted the same issue. I’m glad for their translation since I don’t subscribe or buy the magazine. It was an excellent interview.
“At no point in the article does she refer to any decisions about being a mother, as was suggested in a recent "Hello" article.”
Luxemburger Wort - Luxembourg princess describes marriage to Prince Guillaume

Stephanie declined to answer baby questions in another interview for Le Jeudi.
“Je ne souhaite pas répondre à cette question. Ça va être la surprise…”
Stéphanie zum Nachwuchs: Ça va être la surprise | Tageblatt
Thanks. I am glad I did not misread but my hearts break for the HGD when I am reading her words about baby questions. I don't want to give the impression to speculate but, well, as an infertile woman who met a lot of infertile couples, there are words and eyes I have heard and learnt to interpret. I do sincerely hope I am wrong and, would the HGD really struggle with infertility issues, they will be able to be themselves and prove they have other qualities so that they are not always referred like the "infertile couple".
Old 02-24-2016, 03:17 PM
Serene Highness

You know, it is not entirely out of the real of possibility that she is perfectly fertile. Maybe, just maybe, she is not particularly maternal or She is just not interested in being a mother. Not every female is programmed that way and that is perfectly fine and besides if she chooses to be child free they have heirs in the ready.
Old 02-24-2016, 04:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
You know, it is not entirely out of the real of possibility that she is perfectly fertile. Maybe, just maybe, she is not particularly maternal or She is just not interested in being a mother. Not every female is programmed that way and that is perfectly fine and besides if she chooses to be child free they have heirs in the ready.
I highly doubt a catholic countess would have wed a catholic hereditary grandduke with the will to remain childfree. The marriage would be null and void according to catholic rules.
Old 02-24-2016, 04:53 PM
Heir Apparent

exactly. Taking the sacrament of marriage in the catholic faith means intending to have children. Otherwise grounds for annulment. I think they are just taking their time.
Old 02-25-2016, 01:22 AM
Courtier

Stephanie stated in the pre-wedding interviews they would wait a few years before having children. Obviously, they have some kind of birth control/family planning in mind despite being Catholic. The Belgian nobility and Grand Ducal family are often described as devout yet that could vary.
I have Catholic friends and coworkers who don't follow the Church's stance on every topic.
Old 02-25-2016, 09:53 AM
Serene Highness

Thank you. I was simply trying add another perspective on the issue. They seem happy and have a strong marriage which is really all that counts despite what ever reproductive choices they make. That is all that matters in the end.
Old 02-26-2016, 03:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancia View Post
I have bought "Pdv" for some reason as you Sancia. I have read twice the interview and there was nothing, even the smallest hint, about possible children.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:21 PM
Majesty

Why would PdV completely fabricate a statement like that? I am surprised and disappointed.

As for the question of children, I agree with the poster who said the decision to remain consciously child- free is not an option for a young woman who marries the direct Heir to an hereditary dynasty/monarchy. Stephanie vowed on the Sacrament to welcome children from God and to raise them in the Church. If she didn't mean it, the best that can be said about her is that she married into the wrong family.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:36 PM
Serene Highness

This is 2016 not 1816. A female does not automatically lose all reproductive choice when she marries a Royal. She clearly is not interested in motherhood at this point in her life so barring infertility on either side she much be using BC or at least Natural family planning which is approved the Catholic Church BTW.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:05 PM
Courtier

Please let us not speculate about such an intimate thing!
Old 02-26-2016, 10:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
This is 2016 not 1816. A female does not automatically lose all reproductive choice when she marries a Royal. She clearly is not interested in motherhood at this point in her life so barring infertility on either side she much be using BC or at least Natural family planning which is approved the Catholic Church BTW.
No but normally you have conversations like 'do you want children' before you marry Guillaume would be fully aware his family would expect him to have children, its part of being a royal and a heir. If Stephanie didn't want children, she should have turned down his proposal. And as stated by others, not wanting children is grounds to have the marriage annulled.
Just because thee is 1 heir of the next generation, doesn't remove that expectation.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Why would PdV completely fabricate a statement like that? I am surprised and disappointed.
I think you misunderstood. PdV did NOT report "Stephanie has no plans to become a mother yet." It was Hello magazine who claimed Stephanie told PdV that. Actual readers of PdV and even the Wort article above say PdV is not the culprit.

PdV or the Cour probably complained to Hello about their false claim because the article has been removed now and redirects to Hello's homepage instead. Perhaps Hello was upset they didn't get an interview and decided to mess with PdV. Hello probably doesn't care. They got people to click their link.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:37 PM
Majesty

Thanks for clarification Prisma.

In the midst of the article she pays warm tribute to her mother-in-law Maria Teresa's kindness and availability as a listener. That must be quite a disappointment to the vicious posters gleefully speculating in some quarters online that the two women are estranged.

[Just because thee is 1 heir of the next generation, doesn't remove that expectation. ]//quote

I completely agree Countessmeout. The entire point of hereditary monarchy is a direct line of descent from the Ruler to the Heir...and then to his/her heir.

Little Maria-Amalia is an heir from the next generation but she is a side step not directly from the Heir, like Philippe of Belgium became when his Uncle Baudouin proved tragically unable to provide the dynasty with a direct heir.

It may be true that Stephanie is simply not ready for motherhood yet and she is still young enough to wait. But she must be intelligent enough to realize that willfully refusing to have a child effectively nullifies her marriage in the eyes if the Church she married in. Guillaume went on record during his 30th birthday celebrations as saying he wanted a large family.

I still hope he gets one, I think he will make a warm and wonderful parent. ETA: I was surprised and delighted to learn from Stephanie's comments that her Royal husband writes and composes his own music, besides being an accomplished cook.

Impressive!

Tags
current events, hereditary grand duchess stéphanie, lannoy, luxembourg, news