The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-18-2014, 05:27 PM
Heir Apparent

She is a lovely young woman and, as seen last year, is not always wearing ultra conservative clothes that are too old for her. (But the hat is odd, or more correctly, placed in an odd manner . . . nah, it's just odd)

http://www.wort.lu/img/a46f50fb526ec...c45a4e7cab.jpg

Old 10-22-2014, 04:32 PM
Courtier

Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie had her first solo engagement

Luxarazzi : Stéphanie's First Solo Engagement

After 2 years?

Old 10-22-2014, 05:45 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post

After 2 years?

Yes I agree, I also found it unusual that Stephanie has only just had her first solo engagement. I wonder why she has left it late - perhaps she didn't feel confident enough on her own in the past, but now feels that she's ready.

That aside, she looks lovely!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my TRF group about British Royal Children!
Old 10-22-2014, 06:21 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

After 2 years?
If you read the article, you will see that it is nothing unusual.

Her mother-in-law also did not have many solo engagement early on into her marriage from what I can gather.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Yes I agree, I also found it unusual that Stephanie has only just had her first solo engagement. I wonder why she has left it late - perhaps she didn't feel confident enough on her own in the past, but now feels that she's ready.

That aside, she looks lovely!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
She doesn't hold the record, however. That would be Letizia at 2 1/2 year wait, with Mette-Marit the champ at 3 1/2.

Meanwhile Stephanie has also completely mastered the difficult dialect of her new country in less than two years. Princess Charlene of Monaco still cannot manage French after a decade and for that matter I don't believe Catherine Duchess of Cambridge can speak the language of the principality whose name she will bear someday...Welsh, even though she married over three years ago.

Anyway, great article Sydney...thank you!
Old 10-22-2014, 10:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:

After 2 years?
Bravo, Stephanie! Well done. Not an easy skill set to master imo.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:

After 2 years?
I think she went through a really tough time after here marriage, she was grieving the death of her mother just right before her marriage and in reading about her family, she was very close to her. With that, and trying to find her way in her new position in her marriage, she has had to develop more self confidence to get out there. She looks great and it is nice to see that maybe finally she is coming into her own with is new life. I have always liked her, she is a very beautiful lady and sometimes her choice of clothing leaves me shaking my head, yet she is coming out and learning to do what is important.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Letitzia and mette marit were busy deliverying heirs at two years
Old 10-22-2014, 11:49 PM
Heir Apparent

No, Mette-Marit was not busy delivering heirs at two years. She was living in London with Haakon as a student for her first couple of years as a Royal and some Norwegians were not thrilled. She returned to Oslo full time upon the announcement of her first pregnancy with Ingrid-Alexandra. I-A wasn't born until January 2004.

As for Letizia, the Court announced her solo calendar for the first time late in 2006, after she had also been married 2 1/2 years and was pregnant with Sofia. BTW, up till then there had been just as much sniping online about her lack of solo appearances as there has been with Stephanie.

In any case, the business of producing heirs does not preclude solo engagements. Many Royal women past and present have managed both.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:36 AM
Courtier

Stephanie speaks Luxembourgish?
Old 10-23-2014, 12:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, quite fluently now. She granted a sit down interview last summer completely in Luxembourgish. I am certain there is a transcript of it over at Luxurazzi, and perhaps even some video.

Tags
current events, hereditary grand duchess stéphanie, lannoy, luxembourg, news