The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-01-2011, 12:02 AM

HGD Guillaume's Personality

I've been reading this forum about Guillaume, and wanted to know if anyone had ever met him? Is he known to be kind? Is his personable with the people of his country? Or is he standoffish? How do the citizens view him as their future leader?
I have seen some pictures with his brothers and sister and they seem to be a close family, is this true?

It is interesting to think about the man behind the crown.

Old 09-26-2011, 01:11 PM
Aristocracy

Well,I think the LuxRoyals are really close or seems so,but no one can say what kind of person he is...For me personally he is intelligent and good young man who will defend his country with dignity ! I appreciate the fact that his family does not shows any scandals and etc....like many others :P
So all of them seems down on Earth,intelligent people and I like them a lot ! :)

The important thing is not to be bitter over life's dissapointments.Learn to let go of the past and recognise that every day won't be sunny.But when you find yourself in the darkness of despare,rememmber that it is only in the black of night you can see stars,and those stars will lead you home!So don't be afraid to make mistakes,to stumble and fall,cause most of the time the greatest rewards come from doing the things that scare you the most!!! :)
Old 09-29-2011, 01:42 PM
Serene Highness

This is who I believe Guillame is (to paraphrase myself from another post). I could be totally wrong of course.

I think Guillame has an inspiring sense of duty and has taken on so much already as hereditary GD. He's sensitive. He believes strongly in his values and his faith. He also seems like a real gentleman, like someone out of another century (and I don't mean that in a bad way).

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 11-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Very well said Burberry!
Old 02-02-2012, 11:40 PM

He appears to be close to his family and "down to earth". It is nice to have royals that do not have all the scandles and "baggage" as some others do.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:24 PM
Serene Highness

Guillome encouraged Stephanie at news conference

He was so encouraging to Stephanie when meeting new people, and that shows to me he will be a good husband.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:46 PM
Serene Highness

I don't of course know him personally but he seems to be a person who is quiet, low keyed and serious, especially when it relates to family and country. He's a loyal person as well and would be a good husband.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:55 PM
Heir Apparent

I also think he will be a great husband and an amazing father as well. He appears gentle, nurturing and protective.

Stephanie is a very lucky young woman.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:30 PM
Serene Highness

Since his mother is Cuban...does anyone know if Guillaume and his siblings speak Cuban?

LaRae
Old 07-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Do you mean Spanish?

I know that Guillaume and Alexandra do, I am not sure about the others.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:10 PM
Serene Highness

For some reason I thought Cuban wasn't Spanish exactly but a mixed language.

LaRae
Old 07-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
For some reason I thought Cuban wasn't Spanish exactly but a mixed language.

LaRae
LOL, I visit Cuba a couple of times a year for holidays and they definitely speak Spanish.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:47 PM
Serene Highness

Ok sorry I was thinking of Creole..which (from the research I just did) is the second most spoken language in Cuba.

LaRae
Old 07-01-2012, 07:00 PM
Nobility

Guillaume is the best at speaking Spanish and the only one fully fluent but all of his siblings have a very good knowledge and are able to communicate in Spanish.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:05 PM
Heir Apparent

He must have a knack for languages. A friend who lives in Luxembourg tells me that he is the only member of the GDF whose grasp of Luxembourgish is virtually flawless...and that is the main reason he is so well liked.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:07 PM
Serene Highness

Is Luxembourgish based on French or German or?

LaRae
Old 07-01-2012, 07:09 PM
Heir Apparent

It's a mixture of both French and German.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Serene Highness

Interesting ...

LaRae
Old 07-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Serene Highness

Guillaume seems to be a quiet serious person. Someone who is loyal and expects the same of his friends. Good husband and father material.

Not a chatty type of person. Someone is a chatty Kathy (someone who talks constantly and talks too much) would not be appealing to him nor to the rest of his family. Silence is Golden.

If you met him in person, he would be polite but at the same time very guarded. Once he really got to know or trust you, then he would probably warm up to you.

That's at least my impression of him.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree nascarlucy.

He also appears refined and sensitive, which imo is what gave rise to the tiresome and ridiculous questions about his sexual orientation.

Like all of the Lux kids, he is demonstrative and affectionate with people close to him.

I love watching him interact with Louis and Tessy's little boys.

Tags
hereditary grand duke guillaume