HGD Guillaume: Relationship Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
Welcome to the 'HGD Guillaume: Relationship Musings and Suggestions' thread. Here you may make suggestions about who may be the next Hereditary Grand Duchess (much like in this thread), and discuss any possible relationships which are seriously reported on.

Please keep posts respectful, and try not to read to much into gossip/tabloid magazine stories.

Thank you,
Luxembourg Forum Moderators

Last edited:
Alice, I'm definately not in-the-know or a source but have watched this family for ages. Word has it that Guillaume is rarely single but currently is single.

I'm uncomfortable with this because I've never seen proof of any girlfriends other than Pia Haraldson who he dated and broke up with the best part of a decade ago.

It seems that only people in the know have seen pictures of girlfriends but I just roll my eyes at the secrecy and papparazzi's inability to get just one snapshot. Um I think not ;)

Until I see proof I've decided to consider him a confirmed bachelor. I might be wrong but I think I'm right :flowers:

Do you mean gay?

I know someone in the know and he is supposed to be 'very' straight. He has a very tight circle of friends and really knows how to keep his private life private.

He probably has eyed his cousins and decided how he doesn't want to be portrayed

Do you mean gay?

I know someone in the know and he is supposed to be 'very' straight. He has a very tight circle of friends and really knows how to keep his private life private.

He probably has eyed his cousins and decided how he doesn't want to be portrayed

No, I did not suggest he is gay.

I apologise.

Here in the UK a 'confirmed bachelor' usually is a polite term for a gay man.

I hope I haven't offended you:flowers:

Really?
I've never heard that a confirmed bachelor means he's gay. :ermm:
I think Guillaume just hasn't found the right girl yet. Or has one and is keeping it very quiet. :)

Really?
I've never heard that a confirmed bachelor means he's gay. :ermm:
I think Guillaume just hasn't found the right girl yet. Or has one and is keeping it very quiet. :)

It's an old fashion remark that was used a lot up and into the 1980's

considering the gossip press in a country of 300.000 people is not all that large, it must be relatively easy for guillaume and other members of the grand ducal familiy to keep their private life private, esp. since many of them reside abroad.. So that it has not been reported that he isn in a relationship doesn't mean he is a conformed bachelor IMHO.

Last edited:
I'd say that both are too rude. I've had the chance of reading Promi and to those who might be curious I can say this; you aren't missing anything.

The guy is not gay. Just private. Ambitious, hard working and decent.

A pity that other princes are not like him.

I hope so. But he could very well be gay. I mean he's had like what, one girlfriend? It's not like he made a vow of celibacy to God. At least I don't think be did. Guillame is a little strange to me. No I'm not expecting him to have a string of women, but there's something there. I just don't know what it is.

I really don't think he's gay. Not that it would matter to me if he was, but I think he just keeps his private life private. I'm sure he has had girlfriends, they just don't make the press. Apparently Felix has a serious girlfriend, but you don't see her in the papers either. People aren't all that interested in the Luxembourg Grand Ducal family and most people don't know anything about them. And even if Guillaume hasn't had a lot of girlfriends that doesn't make him gay. Maybe he just hasn't found the right girl yet. I for one think it is great that he doesn't have to share his personal life with the whole world like William and Harry do.

I agree Sugarbaby. To be honest, if you think Prince Harry do you think Senetable or scandals first? Let the focus be on what Guillaume does for Luxembourg in his duty rather than who he's (or isn't) seen with.

He does lots for Luxembourg. I don't think anyone is denying that fact. But this is a thread about his relationships. If he's just private and reserved, then I don't think anythings wrong with that. But who knows...

Boring, boring, boring.... I think it's really slow news day if Lux press got back to this old rumor :whistling:

CrownPrincess5 He had more then 1 girlfriend (at least 3 gfs that were known to public) if U will read other threads I'm sure u'll find names and dates :flowers:

He is not gay. period.

Can we please move on? Thank u :winkiss:

He is single right now (which is not surprise with his crazy schedule in promoting Luxembourg! I mean really crazy! they got back from ME trip at 3-4 am and around 9 am that day both Jeannot Krecke and Guillaume were in Chamber of Commerce talking about what's been done during this 7 days mission) :clap: never heard about other hard working prince like that! :in_love:

Lëtzebuerg: It is a truth universally acknowledged...

It has made the tabloids in Luxembourg that people over at TRF believe that Guillaume is gay. This assumption (which is incorrect) is based largely on Guillaume's apparent inability to find a woman who has graced the pages of Slitz (sorry Carl Philip but you had to expect the backlash). Okay, maybe that isn't the exact reason, but you get my point. I actually like most of the posters over at TRF. I think the article really is incorrect in stating that it's the best royal forum and fails to note that only a small portion of their large membership base is actually active. I didn't really see any pros and cons of his sexuality being debated.

Nice article, Mrs. Littrell!

I think we better watch what we say here in TRF. Tabloid writers and editors are lurking in the darkness, looking for any hint of something juicy. The slightest thing we assume here could wind up in the media, and the world will start to believe what is not true.

the whole family seems to be discreet and it's nice to know there are royals who keep the focus on their country and duties.

i think my sweetie learned a harsh lesson from the debacle that was pia. :dizzy: she flaunted their relationship and continued to cash in long afterwards by giving interviews about him. a girl that is discreet in a relationship will usually be discreet after marriage.

i sincerely hope he finds a sweet girl and heeds his parents advice. prince andrew didn't listen to qe and my money says that other than his children he sincerely regrets it due to the problems fergie keeps creating for him. :lol:

Boring, boring, boring.... I think it's really slow news day if Lux press got back to this old rumor :whistling:

CrownPrincess5 He had more then 1 girlfriend (at least 3 gfs that were known to public) if U will read other threads I'm sure u'll find names and dates :flowers:

He is not gay. period.

Can we please move on? Thank u :winkiss:

He is single right now (which is not surprise with his crazy schedule in promoting Luxembourg! I mean really crazy! they got back from ME trip at 3-4 am and around 9 am that day both Jeannot Krecke and Guillaume were in Chamber of Commerce talking about what's been done during this 7 days mission) :clap: never heard about other hard working prince like that! :in_love:

Lëtzebuerg: It is a truth universally acknowledged...

No, it's not a slow day to me;). I am new to this thread and my thoughts on Guillame are just my thoughts. I'm sorry if it was talked about often, but I wasn't aware of it and my thoughts are he's probably gay;). Of course I know he's had more than one girlfriend. It was more of a rhetorical statement:ermm:. Nothing's wrong with being single. Like I said he's hardworking, but he may be gay too. Unless you know him personally you can't say that as a fact. It is my opinion. There's really no need to be upset about it;).

^^^ What is going on here? Was the rumour because of my post a few weeks ago??? :sad: No kidding, I'm really upset about this.

If it was then I would like to say that I didn't mean that I consider HGD to be homosexual and I'm disappointed if it's gone on record that I consider him homosexual.

If the rumour stemmed from my post then I'd like to point out that I already cleared this up weeks ago. Jonathan asked me if I was implying that Guillaume's gay? I stated that I was not suggesting he is gay. If the unfounded rumour that members of TRF think Guillaume's homosexual stemmed from MY post then I really feel I'm owed an apology for being villainised because people are now angry about it.

It appears that some people insist the term "confirmed bachelor" must mean homosexual after I indicated that it did not mean that! Down under where I live confirmed bachelor means you are still unmarried or uncommitted well into marrying age. It has nothing at all to do with one's sexual orientation in my part of the woods.

Wow, this is right up there with the time I was thumbed down multiple times on You Tube for using a term for love that actually means drunk in the USA. It took multiple posts for me to redeem myself and get my original meaning across and even then it seemed like only one American accepted that I didn't mean drunk. Seriously I was hurt - it feels like I can't speak my own language for fear of reprisal.

All I was saying was that photos would prove he had a girlfriend and paparazzi are pretty good at getting photos.

:flowers:

^^^ What is going on here? Was the rumour because of my post a few weeks ago??? :sad: No kidding, I'm really upset about this.

You are reading too much into it. The article does not reference any particular user it only references TRF.

If it was then I would like to say that I didn't mean that I consider HGD to be homosexual and I'm disappointed if it's gone on record that I consider him homosexual.

I don't believe it is on the record.

If the rumour stemmed from my post then I'd like to point out that I already cleared this up weeks ago. Jonathan asked me if I was implying that Guillaume's gay? I stated that I was not suggesting he is gay. If the unfounded rumour that members of TRF think Guillaume's homosexual stemmed from MY post then I really feel I'm owed an apology for being villainised because people are now angry about it.

Jonathan asked you what you meant and you clarified it. Your point is clear. You are not being blamed for anything or even credited as being a person who discussed the topic.

It appears that some people insist the term "confirmed bachelor" must mean homosexual after I indicated that it did not mean that! Down under where I live confirmed bachelor means you are still unmarried or uncommitted well into marrying age. It has nothing at all to do with one's sexual orientation in my part of the woods.

Who is insisting on this?

Wow, this is right up there with the time I was thumbed down multiple times on You Tube for using a term for love that actually means drunk in the USA. It took multiple posts for me to redeem myself and get my original meaning across and even then it seemed like only one American accepted that I didn't mean drunk. Seriously I was hurt - it feels like I can't speak my own language for fear of reprisal.

There is no need to fear reprisal. I think you are taking this tabloid article and the resulting conversation too seriously and too personal.

All I was saying was that photos would prove he had a girlfriend and paparazzi are pretty good at getting photos.

Paparazzi are in the business of making money. There is no real money to be made selling photographs of Guillaume splashing on the beach with a lady or dining out with one. The only reason that he was followed with Pia is because she is the adopted daughter of Queen Sonja's brother. The potential "royal" match was too good too resist.

Even in Luxembourg the tabloids would rather save their money and use a photograph of an unrelated blonde woman to accompany their article. This is what the did with the Michaela issue. They used a picture of a young woman to illustrate their article who was by their own admission not the person in question.

No this did not extend from your post. I think it was me. I'm new to this thread and I pointed out that he might be gay. I'm not saying he is for a fact, I was saying it as a "maybe".

Does it ever occur to anyone to question it, because there are quite a few people saying he's gay. It's just that when it more than one person saying it, then it's grounds to be true.

No this did not extend from your post. I think it was me. I'm new to this thread and I pointed out that he might be gay. I'm not saying he is for a fact, I was saying it as a "maybe".

Does it ever occur to anyone to question it, because there are quite a few people saying he's gay. It's just that when it more than one person saying it, then it's grounds to be true.

Sorry, but this is a stupid assertion! Saying there is some ground that somebody may be gay because more than one person is speculating about it in an anonymous forum is completely :bang:

Just because more than one person says the moon is made of cheese does not make it true!!!

Sorry, but this is a stupid assertion! Saying there is some ground that somebody may be gay because more than one person is speculating about it in an anonymous forum is completely :bang:

Just because more than one person says the moon is made of cheese does not make it true!!!

Almost everyone on this forum is old enough to understand what I meant. Of course I'm not talking about speculations like the moon and cheese:lol:. I'm saying a lot of people, not only on this forum FYI, are "thinking" he's gay. If a wife speculates that her husband is cheating, most of the time he is. If everyone is thinking that then there just might be some truth to it. Usually if my friends, guys and girls, think someones gay, sorry to say this but they usually are;). I don't know Guillame personally, so this is still just speculation. Is there truth to it yet? No. So there's really no need to be offensive about it;).

Almost everyone on this forum is old enough to understand what I meant. Of course I'm not talking about speculations like the moon and cheese:lol:. I'm saying a lot of people, not ony on this forum FYI, are "thinking" he's gay. If a wife speculates that her husband is cheating, most of the time he is. If everyone is thinking that then there just might be some truth to it. Usually if my friends, guys and girls, think someones gay, sorry to say this but they usually are;). I don't know Guillame personally, so this is still just speculation. Is there truth to it yet? No. So there's really no need to be offensive about it;).

I think it's the people who are old enough to understand that find this argument is similar to moon and cheese. Just because he lacks a public girlfriend doesn't mean he's gay. :bang: Why should it even suggest that he is. His position requires discretion and a certain understanding of "keep your mouth shut" from the people he dates.

When a wife suspects her husband has been cheating it's because she actually knows him well enough to catch his subtle signs. She is intimately involved in his life. I've been there and you "just know" because you know that person's expressions, moods, routine, voice, et al. I personally don't have the luxury of knowing Guillaume well enough to catch any subtle signs like that.

Sure, there are rumors about it but there are also just as many rumors that Felix is a raging womanizing playboy and he's been in solid respectable relationships for years now. There are also rumors that Guillaume, contrary to being gay or a hermit, spends a little too much time in the club scene enjoying the company of female admirers. Are all the rumors true?

I think the question everyone is asking those who have a "feeling" that he's gay is what do you base that "feeling" on? Is it because rumors of 3 girlfriends and photographs of him with 1 of them isn't a enough or is it a prickly 6th sense sort of feeling (I'm not disparaging people who get "feelings" of that nature).

I have a feeling that Guillaume is a raging heterosexual who learned the valuable lesson of keeping his head down and his mouth shut when he was at Durham with Pia.

Every royal bachelor has had his sexuality questioned: Charles, Guillaume, Haakon-Magnus, Felipe, Frederik, Albert, Philippe, et al...Everyone was fully convinced that Prince Pieter-Christiaan of Orange-Nassau was gay. It was like no one even questioned it. He's now married with 2 children. It was discussed endlessly that had he decided to come out that he would have enjoyed the support of his family and the vast majority of the Dutch people.

I think it's the people who are old enough to understand that find this argument is similar to moon and cheese. Just because he lacks a public girlfriend doesn't mean he's gay. :bang: Why should it even suggest that he is. His position requires discretion and a certain understanding of "keep your mouth shut" from the people he dates.

When a wife suspects her husband has been cheating it's because she actually knows him well enough to catch his subtle signs. She is intimately involved in his life. I've been there and you "just know" because you know that person's expressions, moods, routine, voice, et al. I personally don't have the luxury of knowing Guillaume well enough to catch any subtle signs like that.

Sure, there are rumors about it but there are also just as many rumors that Felix is a raging womanizing playboy and he's been in solid respectable relationships for years now. There are also rumors that Guillaume, contrary to being gay or a hermit, spends a little too much time in the club scene enjoying the company of female admirers. Are all the rumors true?

I think the question everyone is asking those who have a "feeling" that he's gay is what do you base that "feeling" on? Is it because rumors of 3 girlfriends and photographs of him with 1 of them isn't a enough or is it a prickly 6th sense sort of feeling (I'm not disparaging people who get "feelings" of that nature).

I have a feeling that Guillaume is a raging heterosexual who learned the valuable lesson of keeping his head down and his mouth shut when he was at Durham with Pia.

Every royal bachelor has had his sexuality questioned: Charles, Guillaume, Haakon-Magnus, Felipe, Frederik, Albert, Philippe, et al...Everyone was fully convinced that Prince Pieter-Christiaan of Orange-Nassau was gay. It was like no one even questioned it. He's now married with 2 children. It was discussed endlessly that had he decided to come out that he would have enjoyed the support of his family and the vast majority of the Dutch people.

It doesn't have to seem like "moon and cheese" if people paid attention. It seems like everyone is upset about the notion that he may be gay. Everyone has their own opinions! I never said he was gay because he's had a few girlfriends;). You have a feeling he's a "raging heterosexual" but you're not fully sure of that and I have my feeling that he's "raging" in between. None of us knows if we're right. I'm definitely not upset by you, and others opinion about him because everyone deserves their say, but this is my say in the matter. This is my opinion

None of us knows if we're right. Do you know Guillame? We're all just going by what we see and hear, and like you pointed out, unlike a wife, we don't know him that well;). But can't I at least have my opinion? I don't know Guillame well like a husband, but I have watched his expressions, moods and attitude. Sorry.

I don't care about rumors. I don't listen to them, but I do assess my own opinion about the subject regardless of the press and your or anyones feelings about the situation. Of course his position requires him to use discretion. I'm not saying he's not using discretion, I'm going by what I think. What I think really shouldn't cause an upswell. And by the way, just because a man is married with two kids, it doesn't mean he's not gay. There's a lot of gay married men out there. So that cannot be the grounds for a reason not to think someone is gay.

I'm sorry, but no one can change my mind on this...except Guillame;).

It doesn't have to seem like "moon and cheese" if people paid attention. It seems like everyone is upset about the notion that he may be gay.

We are paying attention. That's the point. No one is upset that people think he's gay. People are upset that it appears that people think this because he keeps his private life private. Which is kind of offensive, you know. Posters here (or anywhere else) don't seem to care that it's possible that he is gay (we royal watchers are an open minded bunch). However, I'm not certain that Guillaume (as a devout Catholic) wouldn't actually be offended by it.

Everyone has their own opinions! I never said he was gay because he's had a few girlfriends;).You have a feeling he's a "raging heterosexual" but you're not fully sure of that

I'm trying to understand what your reason is...I never said I wasn't fully sure that he's heterosexual.

and I have my feeling that he's "raging" in between. None of us knows if we're right. I'm definitely not upset by you, and others opinion about him because everyone deserves their say, but this is my say in the matter. This is my opinion

No one is disputing your say. People are questioning why you are so adamant that he is gay. They aren't insulting you they are curious to know if there is some valid reason that they have missed or some bit of news they have missed.

None of us knows if we're right. Do you know Guillame? We're all just going by what we see and hear, and like you pointed out, unlike a wife, we don't know him that well;).

I think the fact that this thread has made the tabloids in Luxembourg (where Guillaume lives and knows a great many people) should be evidence to you that there are people who have read this rumor that he is gay (either here or the magazine which quotes this thread) that actually do know Guillaume. Someone else pointed out that perhaps we should be more careful. Maybe the next issue of Privat will be quoting you as a source for stating that Guillaume is gay. Case in point...I only started reading this thread after it made the Luxembourg press. I doubt I'm the only one.

I'm totally open and 4 of my closest real life friends are gay. But, if someone insisted that I was gay I would be offended by it simply because it is not who I am and sexuality is a very personal matter. I'd actually be offended for people who don't know me to be sitting around discussing my sexuality.

But can't I at least have my opinion? I don't know Guillame well like a husband, but I have watched his expressions, moods and attitude. Sorry.

You certainly may. But you have to understand that you are not the only person who has one or even the only person who has studied Guillaume's manner. I dare say that some of the people who read, post or lurk here have much better access to Guillaume as a person, photos, or video of him. I would expect this to be especially true after this forum was listed a source in a magazine published in his rather small nation.

Moods and attitude? Have you access to private events, video or photographs? I've studied his expressions but his true moods and attitude would be difficult to discern from his public engagements given his training to project a certain demeanor during such events.

I don't care about rumors. I don't listen to them,

Oh? Didn't you say, "Does it ever occur to anyone to question it, because there are quite a few people saying he's gay. It's just that when it more than one person saying it, then it's grounds to be true....If everyone is thinking that then there just might be some truth to it. Usually if my friends, guys and girls, think someones gay, sorry to say this but they usually are. I don't know Guillame personally, so this is still just speculation. Is there truth to it yet?"

but I do assess my own opinion about the subject regardless of the press and your or anyones feelings about the situation. I'm going by what I think.

You are absolutely welcome to think anything you want. I think you misunderstand. People wanted to know what you based this opinion on. You clarified that you've studied Guillaume's carefully cultivated public persona.

What I think really shouldn't cause an upswell.

It's made the press in Luxembourg. I'll just leave it at that. :ermm:

And by the way, just because a man is married with two kids, it doesn't mean he's not gay. There's a lot of gay married men out there. So that cannot be the grounds for a reason not to think someone is gay.

I agree there are many gay men and women who are married with children. I am well aware of this statistic. However, I suspect that most of them would not have enjoyed the overwhelming support of their entire family and more than 16 million other people had they chosen to live an openly gay life. It's not exactly fair to say that a man who openly enjoys his married life or a relationship with a woman should be viewed with suspicion. Give the guy some credit.

I'm sorry, but no one can change my mind on this...except Guillame;).

Okay but be on the look-out cause just because he might marry you and father your children apparently doesn't mean he's straight. :previous: :ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom