HGD Guillaume: Relationship Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lalla M, I get what you're saying. But I'm not saying he may be gay because he's private. I think it's good that he keeps the private part of his life private. I don't blame him. I said he "might" be gay, not because I read the tabloids, or the posts, or saw him in person, but because when I saw him that's what immediately came to me. I was sensing that he's gay. But really I'm not sure. It's just talk and just to let you know, his sexuality does not matter to me. But I would like have this mystery (to me) unearthed. I'm not adamant about him being gay. There really is no valid reason as to why I feel this way, only that this is the vibe I'm sensing from him.

I didn't know this thread made the tabloids. Now I see why someone said be careful. I wasn't trying to insinuate something, just expressing what I think. Also, I cannot help that rumors will be said, but I do take my opinion from the situation because there's two sides to a story and the truth. I don't think it takes much to get a feeling about someone. I didn't say I "studied" him, it's what I "perceive" of him.

Honestly, to sum it up, it was really just an opinion. I didn't study him, or try to get stuff written in the tabloids, etc. If he's straight then he's straight, if he's gay then he's gay. BTW, what I meant was Guillame will have to prove me wrong.

Lalla M, I get what you're saying. But I'm not saying he may be gay because he's private. I think it's good that he keeps the private part of his life private. I don't blame him. I said he "might" be gay, not because I read the tabloids, or the posts, or saw him in person, but because when I saw him that's what immediately came to me. I was sensing that he's gay. But really I'm not sure. It's just talk and just to let you know, his sexuality does not matter to me. But I would like have this mystery (to me) unearthed. I'm not adamant about him being gay. There really is no valid reason as to why I feel this way, only that this is the vibe I'm sensing from him.

I understand. I have to say it wasn't always clear why you thought this but you have clarified and I understand.

I didn't know this thread made the tabloids. Now I see why someone said be careful. I wasn't trying to insinuate something, just expressing what I think. Also, I cannot help that rumors will be said,

It did make the press and not any sort of good tone. It is referred to in the publication as "Dreck und Lügen im Internet." Translation: Filth and lies on the internet.

Basically, Luxembourgers are upset that their perfectly respectable Hereditary Grand Duke is having his sexuality questioned on this particular forum by "self proclaimed noble experts."

I agree with the person who wrote the article that it is offensive to question Guillaume's sexuality because he is discrete and private (I am not saying this is the reason you feel how you do). However, I don't think that this thread was read very clearly by that person. At the same time I understand the frustration.

People love Guillaume and respect him. I think a lot of casual royal watchers don't grasp the depth of importance or affection that some royal families enjoy from the people of their nations.

Okay, now that the misunderstanding has been cleared up, would we please be able to move on? We do not want to give more ammunition to the Luxembourg gossip press (and other press) that TRF is merely a gossip forum with no substance whatsoever.

Thank you,
the Lux. Moderators

The whole "is Guillaume homosexual" thing bothers me, because it seems to say that if you're shy/private that means you have something to hide. I think he's private, and once a GF is revealed it will be a pretty good sign she's the one he'll marry.
So, to change the subject-Would she have to be born Catholic or would the GDF accept willing to convert?

She doesn't have to be a born Catholic but will have to convert the same way CP's Maxima and Mary did when they married their husbands.

I think it's good that Guillaume keeps his private life private. That is the way it should be! He's very wise to do this. Maybe he's learned from watching his British counterparts. This way the girl can't use the press for her own agenda or to pressure him to marry her. And her family won't be able to expoit their connection to him and the monarchy to help their family business and bring publicity to themselves.
I hope Prince William has learned his lesson too. ;)

She doesn't have to be a born Catholic but will have to convert the same way CP's Maxima and Mary did when they married their husbands.

Princess Máxima did not convert to the Protestant faith when she married, she remained (and still remains) a Roman Catholic. She and Willem-Alexander agreed however that their children will be brought up Protestant. Princess Mary did convert though (from Presbyterian to Lutheran).

I would say that if Guillaume's future wife is from Luxembourg, it would be highly likely that she would be Roman Catholic (it is estimated that somewhere around 87% of the Luxembourg population is Roman Catholic). In the chance that she isn't Roman Catholic, I'd say that there is a high likelihood that she would convert (either by her own choice, or be asked to by the GDF/church).

Hey evrybody, i want to be a question, Guillaume have a girlfriend?

If you will look one page back you will see the awnser: Not that is known by the press & general public.

Can he get married in the Notre Dame Cathedral?? Just curious.. since it seems a beautiful place for a royal wedding.

I think he should marry the woman he loves. Aristocrat or not. The crown princes of Denmark, Norway, Netherlands, Spain married commoners and tomorrow Victoria, the crown princess of Sweden, will marry Daniel who isn't from an aristocratic background. They Crown Princesses all represent their countries and I'm confident that Daniel will too. The people in their respective countries like and respect them.

I think the royals have figured that loves wins over titles and bloodlines. Marry someone you love it makes life a whole lot easier. Not to mention the role that Guillaume is in now and the future. A loving wife will go a long way as opposed to to a wife you married because of her title.

Hi Lux Royal

I don't think Guillaume is gay, any time a man is not being a "Playa " it is automatically assumed that he must have a Barbra Streisand record collection stuffed in a closet somewhere. I think what sets him apart from other royal men in the spot light is that he seems to be fiercely private about the ongoing of his love life. I honestly believe when he finds that special someone who makes his heart beat like a Bee-gee record he will be more than willing to declare it to the mountains. :flowers: at least that is what I think.

Changing from Presbyterian to Lutheran is no big deal. I'd hardly even call it converting.

The 'Gay' issue has risen it's nasty head again. Now it's some cow who runs a blog called younghotandroyal.wordpress.com

I couldn't find a way of writing direct to put her right.

It is simply no one else's business and short of shagging a girl on TV the poor bloke cannot win.

The 'Gay' issue has risen it's nasty head again. Now it's some cow who runs a blog called younghotandroyal.wordpress.com

I couldn't find a way of writing direct to put her right.

It is simply no one else's business and short of shagging a girl on TV the poor bloke cannot win.

I just don't understand people, who post such rumours and act like "Oh, I don't know him and he doesn't know me, so I can judge him and post whatever I want". IMO, it is really disrespectful of them to do that.

Well, now putting aside all these boring rumours - I have a question : since Princess Madeleine called off her engagement, is there any possibility that she and Guillaume can get together? (I'm just curious :flowers:)

I was asking because lots of people say that she's a perfect match for him.

And what about Princess Theodora of Greece? Do they know each other?

Regarding the gay rumor, rumors have a way of getting a life of their own and they are difficult to kill. I remember hearing a similar rumor about Prince Albert of Monaco and Prince Edward of England. As soon as Guillaume becomes engaged, the rumor will die down just like it did with the other two.

Regarding his future relationships and inevitable engagement some day, that is certainly a point of speculation and interest. There are many prospective future grand duchesses out there. I have a feeling that Guillaume is a traditional sort of heir and will likely choose a wife from the ranks of royalty.

I've read that Queen Victoria is a recent common ancestor of some young royals twice over. With due respect, these youngsters shouldn't be marrying each other. Crown Princess Victoria put it perfectly when she said the modern way is to marry for love.:flowers:

i think it's must be a tradition to say that a crown prince is gay..it's must bring good luck to them;-))
Exemple Philippe of Belgium:people say that he was gay and look at him now! Married with a beautiful woman and 4 beautiful children.
So, i hope the same for Guillaume!!!

He's not yet 30 so I suppose marriage is not on his agenda yet.

I think we all just want to see him happy in general. I mean he's the future leader of a nation and it's a lot of responsibility.

You're both so right. I've given this some thought and have concluded it's in his country's interest that Guillaume remains unmarried (and single) as long as possible. There's a slump in the <3 market thanks to Wills on-going relationship with Kate, Crown princess Victoria's marriage and now the Monaco engagement. Royals need eligible singles to retain public interest and the most eligible bachelors have been snapped up. Guilaume can focus on his work.

Best he remain available for the time being.

I have a feeling that Guillaume is a traditional sort of heir and will likely choose a wife from the ranks of royalty.

It's interesting you thought that, because I always had an opposite impression. I imagined he would make a 'modern' marriage (after all, his parents did). I guess another reason people shouldn't be too serious about 'impressions' since different people are bound to have different ones!

You're both so right. I've given this some thought and have concluded it's in his country's interest that Guillaume remains unmarried (and single) as long as possible.

If the tabloids were as crazy over him as the British tabloids are over Wills/Kate, we could even say it's in the economic interest of the country for him to remain single. Fortunately, Guillaume does not appear to be shoring up the Luxembourg economy with his personal life, for which everyone is thankful I'm sure. :)

I hope so. But he could very well be gay. I mean he's had like what, one girlfriend? It's not like he made a vow of celibacy to God. At least I don't think be did. Guillame is a little strange to me. No I'm not expecting him to have a string of women, but there's something there. I just don't know what it is.

Well he IS said to be a devout Christian. I think royal watchers need to take this into consideration. Devout Christians tend to be modest and are not sexually overt people.

:flowers:

I wonder why people seem to find it so hard to believe that the guy is simply discrete, without there being some sort of nefarious reason for the lack of gossip.

I hope so. But he could very well be gay. I mean he's had like what, one girlfriend? It's not like he made a vow of celibacy to God. At least I don't think be did. Guillame is a little strange to me. No I'm not expecting him to have a string of women, but there's something there. I just don't know what it is.

What the heck! Not everyone is sex driven...

I wonder why people seem to find it so hard to believe that the guy is simply discrete, without there being some sort of nefarious reason for the lack of gossip.

I think he's discrete too. I think he has a good understanding of his future position and we'll only see him with a woman when she's the woman he plans on marrying. Which is quite refreshing, frankly.

HGD Guillaume is a reserved and discreet young man
I agree with the posters who said that Madeleine and Theodora are the most suitable brides for him
I prefer Theodora of Greece Fingers crossed

^ I prefer Charlotte Casiraghi over Madeleine and Theodora

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom