HGD Guillaume: Relationship Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, like Philip and Mathilde of Belgium. But for many young citizens of the middle class, it gives them an "posh" image (people who marry among themselves becaufe "Mr. or Miss everyone" is not good enough for them) and people completely out of touch .
Thinking that comes up frequently on Mathilde is "how she can understand our problems, she comes from a noble family." Most people do not appear in it (although she is appreciated), while yet before her marriage she worked.

Finally, just have to wait until the rumor becomes an official announcement ..

Thinking that noble people are out of touch or that people marries among themselves because the others are not good enough for them is a total non-sense. The best is to marry someone who understands you and with whom you will be able to build a very strong couple. No matter the social class.
As for being out of touch, here, there are many noble people who are living a perfectly ordinary life. I know a couple of noble people who have known, for example, unemployment.

Thinking that noble people are out of touch or that people marries among themselves because the others are not good enough for them is a total non-sense. The best is to marry someone who understands you and with whom you will be able to build a very strong couple. No matter the social class.
As for being out of touch, here, there are many noble people who are living a perfectly ordinary life. I know a couple of noble people who have known, for example, unemployment.

I think this state of thought is reinforced by the play of some politicians who want the end of the monarchy in Belgium. It has become common to hear complaints in the press amounts of royal grants and their personal spending.
I have done my studies with members of the aristocracy Belgium (sorry not the royal family).These communities are not "bling bling", no new rich. These are people with values​​! This is what I love about them!

If you're not interested in all activities of a prince or princess, some presses give you a fairly simplistic and superficial view of what these people do in life: beautiful ball gowns, jewelry, a few official releases and greetings to the crowd ...
So people of the middle class will say "yes, politicians are not wrong! These people do not do much and live in luxury!" Difficult to reason someone who has for months difficult, anti-monarchists have understood!
But if we can dream the middle class or to give the impression "that it could have been them," tensions calm down.

Why, why, why a wedding between a royal and a noble or royal should be a "marriage of reason"? Can't royals simply fall in love with other royals?

I don't think it's that a large number of people have a problem with royal on royal relationships, I just think that it seems a lot less likely to occur given the world of today.

Proximity is one of the largest factors in love and marriage; if you spend an excessive amount of time around a person, you're much likelier to develop feelings for them. In the 18th century, royals and nobles were only in close proximity with one another (save the servants whom they knew very little of and kept at arms length). Nowadays, royals have professions- banking, public relations, even acting- and, once they strike out on their own in the world, spend much more time around non-royals than they do with one another. William and Kate are a prime example of this- Prince William found his true love in college, as do many people from all walks of life.

Now that royals leave their little circles and mingle more with those without blue blood, they're likelier to meet all sorts of people- so when they meet 100 "commoners" to every 1 person of their "status", it makes sense that them marrying the one person of their "rank" seems a bit fishy (especially when combined with the huge number of royal marriages of convenience throughout history).

While there is no doubt in my mind that royals can fall in love with other royals- indeed, such close exposure to one another in childhood and the teen years could surely lend itself to close and enduring relationships- I can easily see why royal on royal matches come off as suspect to some.

royal to royal marriages creep me out because some of them some way are related to each other...to me it doesnt matter if thats the 3rd cousin once removed or 4th cousin..they are still related ...ew

We tend to forget that, at some point, we're all related. LOL

^ i know that lol.....we are probably all related to Genghis Khan too but close cousins is disgusting just saying...and before there was a reason to marry a royal to another royal but now there isnt.....yet some say by marrying a commoner...the royal families are dumbed down and the regal lineage is no longer "clean".....so

^ i know that lol.....we are probably all related to Genghis Khan too but close cousins is disgusting just saying...and before there was a reason to marry a royal to another royal but now there isnt.....yet some say by marrying a commoner...the royal families are dumbed down and the regal lineage is no longer "clean".....so

Why is it "disgusting"? As long as there is no risk for their future children's health, what is the problem?

^ i just think marrying someone you know is your relative is crazy...especially if its 2nd 3rd or 4th ...i just cant get that out of my head....but thats just me

Why is it "disgusting"? As long as there is no risk for their future children's health, what is the problem?

When you are talking about a 3rd or 4th cousin IMO that IS too closely related and presents a risk to any potential children.

My problem with Royal to Royal marriages (and even Royal-Noble marriages) is that they intermarried for so long they really need some new blood in the gene pool. The risk of inherited disease and problems is too high otherwise.

When you are talking about a 3rd or 4th cousin IMO that IS too closely related and presents a risk to any potential children.

My problem with Royal to Royal marriages (and even Royal-Noble marriages) is that they intermarried for so long they really need some new blood in the gene pool. The risk of inherited disease and problems is too high otherwise.

That can be said about many families. My favorite hobby is genealogy and my ancestors who lived in the same area are often closely interelated, 3th, 4th or 5th cousin.
And none of us has health problem due to this. If someone marries his 3th or 4th cousin and if they have only one couple for common ancestors, the gene pool has been very weel renewed. If first or second cousins were to marry, there would be concern, but not with 3rd or 4th cousins.

thats why you have family reunions....you dont know who you are dating lol

so does anyone have any idea who the possible woman is or no one knows and its just speculation that there is a woman ?

i hope he isnt dating right now....he wouldnt have time for her with him doing royal duties for his parents and what not.....wish he gets married in his early 30's.....say 32-34

i hope he isnt dating right now....he wouldnt have time for her with him doing royal duties for his parents and what not.....wish he gets married in his early 30's.....say 32-34

He is already 30.

his birthday is November 11th....so he is just 29...almost 30

Luxembourg's gossip magazine claims to know who the girlfriend is. According to them, she comes from Switzerland, is the daughter of good family and that they usually meet in Switzerland. They also say that only the closest friends and family members know about the two. They are a couple for seven months now.

Original in German: EXKLUSIV/ Endlich! Erbgroßherzog Guillaume hat eine Freundin - Das neue Liebesglück des Prinzen kommt überraschend - News - Luxprivat

Translated into English: Google Übersetzer

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :ohmy::sad:

awww pooooo...as long as he is happy....what am i saying...im a jealous cow :p

Last edited:
That tabloid is also saying that Princess Alexandra is pregnant. I love a royal wedding as much as the next person, but I doubt we'll really know anything until the HGD announces an engagement.

Maybe Promi is right and Henri and Maria Theresa will soon have a new daughter-in-law and a new grandchild. I'm just not going to hold my breath. :)

annie02 said:
Maybe Promi is right and Henri and Maria Theresa will soon have a new daughter-in-law and a new grandchild. I'm just not going to hold my breath. :)

Ugh don't make me puke.

aww good for the families for being able to hide it for 7 months! I do hope that this is true though & not just another rumor.

That can be said about many families. My favorite hobby is genealogy and my ancestors who lived in the same area are often closely interelated, 3th, 4th or 5th cousin.
And none of us has health problem due to this. If someone marries his 3th or 4th cousin and if they have only one couple for common ancestors, the gene pool has been very weel renewed. If first or second cousins were to marry, there would be concern, but not with 3rd or 4th cousins.

Yes...if it were only once or twice that this happens then it isn't a big deal especially since you DO add new blood to the gene pool: Someone marries outside the family, or moves away from the family, or something similar.

With royal to royal marriages- there's so very little new blood coming in. It's a sort of trickle down effect; the lower your status the greater the chance you can marry whomever you want for whatever reason- thus- greater genetic diversity.

The royals however I think intermarried for so long-only Royal to Royal- it would take a LOT more "new blood" before it was safe for them to marry 3rd or 4th or even a more distant cousin. Too many of them are probably carrying hidden possibilities for the same health problems- ones that could easily be avoided through wise marriages.

Knowing this, one would think that the further removed someone is from royalty the better when they marry. It's better to marry someone 15 or 20 times removed that 4 times removed. Some of those individuals who are 15 or 20 times removed are either nobility or are aristrocratic.

In my maternal and paternal family tree people from Europe never married cousins. This was considered taboo. When they came over to the United States they often married people who came from other countries or it it was from the same country they lived in different towns or areas of the country (thus no relationship at all).

There was no cousins involved with the exception of two distant second cousins on my grandfather's side who got married in the state of Illinois. They had to prove that they couldn't physically have children. The couple were well into their 50's and they had grown children from previous marriages. It was highly unusual to say the least.

I remember my grandmother telling me that even though they were no longer able to have children, the fact that they were second cousins was too close and the thought of the couple being intimate with each other was repulsive. Other family members thought it was gross. Others were embarrassed by it. I was told this couple were different and perhaps marched to the beat of a different drummer.

If I had grown up in a family or in a society where marriages between first and second cousins was the norm or commonplace, I would probably think differently about it. For health reasons and other reasons, not a good idea. Four times removed should be the minimum as far as marriage and children goes.

I hope that I didn't offend anyone by my comments (this was not my intention). I'm just stating an opinion on marriages of cousins.

Any pics of the Guillaume´s dating??? of the Girl I mean... or it´s just a rumor...

just a rumour ..he and his family are extremely private..especially him

If it is true - I hope she's the right one and Guillaume is finally happy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom