HGD Guillaume: Relationship Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It must be difficult being the girlfriend of a prince.
I mean when you're in love you want to be with this person, visit places, take his hand But it is not possible because of the paparazzi! It must be very frustrating! But a beautiful proof of love

i mean Hereditary Prince, of course

Last edited by a moderator:
There could be news about a relationship very soon. It was said today during the broadcast of National Day.

There could be news about a relationship very soon. It was said today during the broadcast of National Day.

Well if there will be I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she will be a Princess

The thing isk though if he was dating someone wouldn't it have been known by now that he was dating someone

Lady Felicity M said:
The thing isk though if he was dating someone wouldn't it have been known by now that he was dating someone

Not if they're very discreet and careful. Especially if the relationship is long-distance.

Why should it? Some girls he dated where never mentioned by the press or with a big delay when they already had split up. Same goes for Alexandra's boyfriends and Felix's and Sebastien's girlfriends. The knowledge of Luxembourgers about things going on within the Grand Ducal Family is generally bigger than what the yellow press writes or is known on the Internet.

The press are very good at sniffing around for this sort of stuff is what I meant. It is good that the grand ducal family are able to keep these matters private and secret.

I wonder if there will be and when there will be an annoucment. Myabe they will be wait till the royal wedding in Monaco is over

Would be very difficult for a relationship to be secret as you would have to have people around you who respect your privacy or who can keep secrets.

If there is news, I can't wait! I'd love to see who the lucky lady is & it would be nice to see Guillaume with someone by side.

If there is news, I can't wait! I'd love to see who the lucky lady is & it would be nice to see Guillaume with someone by side.
Many think about an eventual engagement as the Grand Duke has recently changed the succession law,but has been Guillaume recently seen with a more or less longterm girlfriend?
Sometimes the princes dated apparently seriously a woman but then it was revealed they broke up

My bet is he'll find a lovely, Catholic aristocrat from an old family, much along the lines of Mathilde of Belgium. Guillaume strikes me as a discreet, serious man, so I'd imagine that a celebrity -- even if she has a royal title -- would be about the opposite of what he'd be looking for.

Just my hunch, based on nothing other than my impressions of him in the media.

I wonder how accurate the source is though... Anyone know?

The imminent engagement was discussed at RTL TV during the broadcast of the National Day by two respected royal experts, one of them being very knowledgable about the grand-ducal family. One of them said that the important is that "they" should be happy.

Rumours about a noble girlfriend have been heard by people close to the royal family.

I do not quite understand the changes or clarifications on the modalities of succession. Other crown princes married without wondering what kind of operation

But I also feel that Guillaume will marry someone of his world but with a "real people", I do not mean a marriage of convenience but "a marriage of society."

Look at the last pictures: I just find that Guillaume looks more melancholy than super happy for a future groom;-)

My bet is he'll find a lovely, Catholic aristocrat from an old family, much along the lines of Mathilde of Belgium. Guillaume strikes me as a discreet, serious man, so I'd imagine that a celebrity -- even if she has a royal title -- would be about the opposite of what he'd be looking for.

I hope that he will but his past publicly known girlfriends have been more of the celebrity type like Pia Haraldsen who has based a career on dating him.

RTL is THE tv station in Luxembourg. While the moderator clearly isn't a royal expert, the expert is. Pierre Dillenburg is very well respected and apparently close to the Grand Ducal Family, he has done various interviews with them and seems close the them at other events.

As I watched the video of the Te Deum where they discussed it... I wouldn't say that an engagement is iminent. They were just talking about the wedding coming up in Monaco and that Guillaume will attend. The moderator then said that he will attend on his own but "that there are rumours". The expert interrupted him and said that everyone has to wait and see, that one day the news will come as a surprise that Guillaume will make a marriage for love and that the most important thing is that he will be happy.

Would be very difficult for a relationship to be secret as you would have to have people around you who respect your privacy or who can keep secrets.

We have to remember that Luxembourg isn't the UK or most other European countries for that matter. You rather have to compare it to Liechtenstein when it comes to these matters.
It is a small country and they only have one or two gossip mags. All the other press (including RTL) never discuss personal matters of the Grand Ducal Family and Promi (the yellow press paper) is also very protective of all the members of the family, eventhough some of the headlines they have done sound like it. As I go to Luxembourg quite often, I do know that most Luxembourgers (meaning ethnic Luxembourgers, not 50% of the population that have other backgrounds) have quite a good knowledge about the family; girlfriends of the sons of the Grand Duke have been common knowledge long before they made it into the papers if they ever did. And most Luxembourgers I know consider the girlfriends of the princes as private citizens and they respect the privacy of the girls, of course that doesn't mean that there isn't any gossip floating around in the country. I doubt that Felix's current girlfriend would have been in Promi if they wouldn't have been offically photographed together at the wedding of some friends.

A possible imminent comprmiso Grand Duke heir has been evoked by the commentators of one of the most respected television channel in Luxembourg, RTL. One of them is very knowledgeable and not denied. So, as he said "wait and see", but people close to the grand ducal family have heard rumors that cofirme.

GUILLAUME SEEMS SO HAVE MARRIED ONE WILL BE CHOSEN AND NOBLE SAY THAT IS VERY OFTEN VA FRANCE AND LUXEMBOURG TO, TO SEE IT IS TRUE OR JUST SPECULATION.

I can't wait to hear the news about a possible girlfriend!

Last edited:
It looks very much like a "marriage of reason". Purists will be satisfied but a "noble "wife just removes the whole "fairy tale".
Too bad we are not talking about a simple young woman who works and lives in Luxembourg.

What if the girl from rumors was the "blond girl" and not the "brunette"??

Familia gran ducal de Luxemburgo | Actualidad :: Foros Realeza

Maxima's birthdays: Familia gran ducal de Luxemburgo | Actualidad :: Foros Realeza

I m soo curious!!!!!!!! I'd like a marriage in Luxembourg!!!!

It looks very much like a "marriage of reason". Purists will be satisfied but a "noble "wife just removes the whole "fairy tale".
Too bad we are not talking about a simple young woman who works and lives in Luxembourg.

Why, why, why a wedding between a royal and a noble or royal should be a "marriage of reason"? Can't royals simply fall in love with other royals?

Wait! What's going on? Is he engaged or is this just speculation?

Why, why, why a wedding between a royal and a noble or royal should be a "marriage of reason"? Can't royals simply fall in love with other royals?

yes, like Philip and Mathilde of Belgium. But for many young citizens of the middle class, it gives them an "posh" image (people who marry among themselves becaufe "Mr. or Miss everyone" is not good enough for them) and people completely out of touch .
Thinking that comes up frequently on Mathilde is "how she can understand our problems, she comes from a noble family." Most people do not appear in it (although she is appreciated), while yet before her marriage she worked.

Finally, just have to wait until the rumor becomes an official announcement ..

Lady Claire said:
Wait! What's going on? Is he engaged or is this just speculation?

Speculation. There's been no announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom