HGD Guillaume: Relationship Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think it's must be a tradition to say that a crown prince is gay..it's must bring good luck to them;-))
Exemple Philippe of Belgium:people say that he was gay and look at him now! Married with a beautiful woman and 4 beautiful children.
So, i hope the same for Guillaume!!!

Yes but Grand Duke Constantin was gay and also happily married with NINE children!

For Guillaume, I think he's simply shy, very shy and he is careful and reserved because he knows he is considered as nice, opened but not bright. He does not want to be exposed to a humilation, or taken in defect. And in Luxembourg, they said he had girlfirends when he was student abroad.
But he seems to aspire to a quiet life surrounded with a kind little family and with his friends of childhood.

And for Theodora of Greece I think her father and the girl herself won't want the princess to convert into the roman catholicism.

If they love each other Theodora will convert in the end
Constantine would love to see one of his children marry into royalty
He will accept It's a great honor
I don't know about Charlotte & Guillaume Doesn't look like a great match to me
They seem completely different

I could see them marrying, but i'll bet you they won't.

I wouldn't even bet on that I'm sure they won't marry
We live in an unfair world

Why is that unfair? Do you think they should marry if they don't love each other?

No one said that I was just asking, you advocate royal to royal marriages, but you can quite clearly see that, that doesn't/ isn't happening because male royals don't find the female aristocrats or royals in the case of Bea attractive.
So why advocate for something that is unlikely to happen?

Who's advocating what? Pick your words more carefully, girl
We state our opinions or desires
What I'd like to happen doesn't mean it will happen or it must happen in the end
You can ignore my posts if you like

I'm not going to pick my words more carefully, because i'm saying what I mean. Girl!
Well say this happened Guillaume had a choice between marrying Theodora and a commoner, you would prefer him marry Theodora yes? Then IMO that is advocating for something.

Well he IS said to be a devout Christian. :flowers:
I didn't know that. I think that's nice.
I'm glad he is discreet. Please no Wm/Kate three-ring-circus type of relationships! It's undignified.

Please refrain from name-calling, thank you. Remember the TRF Rules when posting, or your posts may be deleted at moderator discretion.

And also,
this is not the thread for a discussion about commoners vs. aristocrats.

The discussion is turning personal and has very little to do with the topic at hand, so please continue the discussion in this thread, which deals with commoners in (other) royal families. There are also two articles in The Royal Articles that deals with this topic, which you can find here and here (written by Vanesa and Duke of Marmalade respectively).

Last edited:
If they love each other Theodora will convert in the end
Constantine would love to see one of his children marry into royalty
He will accept It's a great honor
I don't know about Charlotte & Guillaume Doesn't look like a great match to me
They seem completely different

Or if Guillaume loves Theodora, he will convert for her.

I think these ideas are falses. You convert into a religion, if you believe it, not for love or because it's a religion state!
If you work in Tibet or in Arabia, you will convert to Buddhism or Islam?

:previous:She might not have to convert. CP Maxima did not convert when she married. If no one objects to her (future HGD) religion, then it's not an issue.

^ And she'll have to agree to raise their children as Catholics as well

^ And she'll have to agree to raise their children as Catholics as well

No it's him - he will have to agree to raise their children as Roman Catholics if he will want to have a roman catholic marriage.
If princess Theodora of Gluckburg will want to have an orthodox catholic marriage, if she will want to be religiously married, she will have to agree to raise their children as Orthodox Catholics.
But it will like it was in Belgium or Wurtemberg for example. The Sovereign agreed his children were raised in their mother's religion.

I didn't know that. I think that's nice.
I'm glad he is discreet. Please no Wm/Kate three-ring-circus type of relationships! It's undignified.

He went to very Catholic school few years ago! Everyone who study there are very religious :flowers:

Even though I like Theodora I don't see G and Theo together (she is more intrested in Hollywood now, she is not Catholic (which is very important for G) and last but not least she is very tall for him! he is arould 5'10 while she (not sure but read about it) alsmost 5'12) ;)

I can't say that I'm team "royal marry royal" or "royal marry commoner"
as long as Guillaume happy I don't really care who he gonna marry (I'm sure she is going to be great good girl :winkiss:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know but I'm seeing a noblewoman of some sort, not necessarily royal but from a well established - Catholic - family, Belgian or Luxembourgish.

I see a woman who has a successful career- like Mary, Maxima and Sophie. A woman who values family and definitely loves the HGD for who he is and not his position/money. A great family background is always a plus but not necessarily royal- like Dalps09 mentioned.

I wish he will find a woman who will love him so much (and he will love her of course:)) and then other thinks like how she looks, where she comes from, etc.. are not important...

And for Theodora of Greece I think her father and the girl herself won't want the princess to convert into the roman catholicism.

As other poster said I think Constantine would be ecstatic to have a reigning Grand Duke for son-in-law, and he didn't have any problem with his sister converting to catholicism. Guillaume would never convert to her religion the same way they wouldn't move to Greece, he is not a regular person who can decide this things. I don't think most royals (I'm talking royal-borns now) would have a problem converting for their new country, because they've been taught since their births that it's their duty. For example, I suppose George I converted when he became King of Greece.

George I of Greece remained lutheran, however his children were raised Orthodox (Queen Olga herself was Orthodox). :flowers:

Does Luxembourg have a church like St. Paul's Cathedral for Guillaume to get married in?I'm just curious as what church he would be get married.

Last edited:
Beautiful indeed! But will his wedding get media coverage like the other royal weddings?

Probably, Luxembourg is the only country with a ruling Ducal family. There's a great chance that they'll get a good media coverage in Europe but not so much in the US unless he marries an American. Besides that all it might get is a small mention in the magazines and the news.

^ I agree. He's such an adorable guy. It would be funny if he ends up marrying someone taller than him :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom