The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 10:14 PM
Aristocracy

Felix is still studying in Rome, and often people will wait til they graduate and start their career.

Prince William of the UK was with Catherine for a long time and kept telling the press he would not wed til he was around 28. He had some kind of timetable in his mind and he had seen himself accomplishing what he wanted to finish and reaching the point he would take the next step marriage at around 28. After years of speculation by the press, he stuck to his word and wed at 28.

Some peoople get married after a year, others wait ten.

Felix probably has his reasons for not looking to get married yet, and it doesn't mean she is not sure of their choice. Who knows what his motivations are.

Old 01-18-2012, 02:15 PM
Courtier

If he is dating this aristocrat I will be very happy. We need to get back to at least noble blood. Princess Mathilde was noble and hasn't come with an extreme amount of baggage, embarrassing photos from previous relationships, ex-husbands, etc. Now, all of the current new princesses haven't, but sooo many of them have. It's just not right. Surely, out of all the hundreds of nobles they could find someone to love. All the noble families manage to marry people of nobility. Speaking of Cinderella, it's so true. Cinderella was from a noble family. I don't know where people get the idea from that Cinderella was from a poor, non-aristocratic family. Anyway, I am greatly looking forward to his wedding whenever he does marry. Love royal weddings!

Old 01-18-2012, 02:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitude View Post
If he is dating this aristocrat I will be very happy. We need to get back to at least noble blood. Princess Mathilde was noble and hasn't come with an extreme amount of baggage, embarrassing photos from previous relationships, ex-husbands, etc. Now, all of the current new princesses haven't, but sooo many of them have. It's just not right. Surely, out of all the hundreds of nobles they could find someone to love. All the noble families manage to marry people of nobility. Speaking of Cinderella, it's so true. Cinderella was from a noble family. I don't know where people get the idea from that Cinderella was from a poor, non-aristocratic family. Anyway, I am greatly looking forward to his wedding whenever he does marry. Love royal weddings!
I don't think that a wedding of Guillaume and his bride will be broadcasted worldwide like Alberts, Williams and Victorias. In this case he is too unknown for the people. But if his wedding will be broadcasted, I will watch it and enjoy it.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:16 PM
Courtier

Well, when I have watched other royal weddings I always watched them on the internet. I wanted the real thing and not American people doing the commentating. I hope whoever broadcasts his wedding has large enough bandwidth to hold all of us royal watchers and that you won't only have to be in that country to see it.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:50 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitude View Post
Well I wouldn't say all Princesses and Noblewomen are elegant and sophisticated... Princess Stephanie, anyone?
Old 01-19-2012, 05:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by orb and sceptre View Post
Well I wouldn't say all Princesses and Noblewomen are elegant and sophisticated... Princess Stephanie, anyone?
So true!

And there's always plenty of scandal to be found among aristocratic families, as well.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Commoner

Princess or peasant, royal or commoner, aristocrat or non-aristocrat, for as long as Guillaume loves her and she loves him...that's the most important thing above all. I do not like to judge people based on where they come from. It is not one's choice to be born into a rich, middle class, or poor family. If one was born with a silver spoon in his/ her mouth, then that person is fortunate. If one, however, was born into poverty, that person is fortunate as well because one advantage that the poor has over the rich is the opportunity to truly prove themselves to the world. I highly admire self-made people, over people who don't even have to work hard to make something out of themselves because everything was already provided for them from the moment they were born.

Don't get me wrong. I am not arguing that poor are better than the rich or that it is better for Guillaume to marry a commoner than an aristocrat or a royal like himself. When his younger brother Prince Louis accidentally got his girlfriend Tessy pregnant--- it was a scandal for the Grand Ducal Family indeed. I am very pleased on how they have handled it and I am also very pleased to see how Prince Louis and Princess Tessy are handling their marriage and their two young sons Gabriel and Noah. I think, however, that after that incident, the rest of the Grand Ducal children somehow felt pressured to be able to find a more suitable partner in life, most especially Guillaume. Surely the Grand Ducal Family cannot bear another scandal, where one of their children accidentally gets someone pregnant again. I think Guillaume is trying his very best to find a suitable wife by choosing someone of noble blood over a commoner. I just hope that in the end, he will marry for love.

Just a note about Cinderella. She may be born and brought up as an aristocrat by her father, but when her father died and left her to her evil stepmother and stepsisters, they stripped her off her title and wealth and turned her into a maid. She was a maid under the spell of her fairy godmother when she first met the prince and she was still a maid when they finally took her back to the palace to marry the prince. If anyone has watched Cinderella Part 2, she said something like " I was a maid when the prince married me."
Old 02-21-2012, 04:11 AM

Hi there... i have a question about Guillaume. If he marries a foreigner who isn't of royal blood, will it be considered a morganatic marriage? Thanks
Old 02-21-2012, 04:15 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuchessOfClarence View Post
Hi there... i have a question about Guillaume. If he marries a foreigner who isn't of royal blood, will it be considered a morganatic marriage? Thanks
No,certainly not!His mother being a commoner for one,no,most certainly not.

Nor will it be deemed morganatic by the Head of the House De Bourbon Parma as the Duke too married a commoner.These things are so outdated one doesn't hang in there anymore...
Old 02-21-2012, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
No,certainly not!His mother being a commoner for one,no,most certainly not.

Nor will it be deemed morganatic by the Head of the House De Bourbon Parma as the Duke too married a commoner.These things are so outdated one doesn't hang in there anymore...

so in case he marries an asian commoner then that person will be recognized by the Head of the House De Bourbon Parma?
Old 02-23-2012, 11:41 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by anabella1 View Post
Where did you read that she is suing them ,because this is not what we know in luxembourg?
Can you give a quotation ?
One question too: Why are always other people sharing what they know about the question while i always see my information deleted? I know quite a lot... Well it is not in the press but what is in the press is not always true...

Wow, if you know a lot, please share it with us. I presume that you are Luxembourgish, if that is the case, you must be privy to the hearsay on the streets. Do people believe that that Belgian aristocrat is in reality his girlfriend or not? What I don't understand is why all of this mystery. Why can't the Luxembourg Court just let us know. He of course has his right to take his time in getting married, but his own father married young. I believe he was 26 when he got married, and in general, most heirs to the throne are in a hurry to produce an heir and several children, so they get married young.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Any news on his mystery Belgian aristocrat? Engagement rumours?
Old 04-25-2012, 04:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Again a rumour about an engagement.

Luxembourg: Imminent Engagement?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:40 PM
Royal Highness

I wouldn't mind an engagement at all! But I won't believe it before there is an official statement.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:46 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Well, we only have to wait for 24 hours to see whether it's true.
I certainly wouldn't mind an engagement; Hereditary Grand Duchess for Luxembourg would be quite nice.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:18 PM
Royal Highness

Oh, lovely noble girl, good choice. I hope that it will be true.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

I really hope we get an announcement soon !
Old 04-26-2012, 02:43 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

The engagement will be announced today according to the Belgian an Luxembourg media.

Luxembourg crown prince marries sweet Belgian
Translation
Old 04-26-2012, 02:55 AM
Super Moderator

According to wort.lu the Prime Minister is informing the goverment and Parliamanet at the Moment.
Wort.lu - Hochzeitsglocken läuten am Hof

Royal Travel and Events

Old 04-26-2012, 03:06 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
According to wort.lu the Prime Minister is informing the goverment and Parliamanet at the Moment.
Wort.lu - Hochzeitsglocken läuten am Hof
Wow There really will be an engagement announcement it seems. When the official announcement is posted here I'll be very happy for Guillaume!

Tags
hereditary grand duke guillaume, relationship, stephanie de lannoy