The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 05-24-2010, 07:41 PM
PolarStar's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Beverly Hills, United States
Posts: 17
the whole family seems to be discreet and it's nice to know there are royals who keep the focus on their country and duties.

i think my sweetie learned a harsh lesson from the debacle that was pia. she flaunted their relationship and continued to cash in long afterwards by giving interviews about him. a girl that is discreet in a relationship will usually be discreet after marriage.

i sincerely hope he finds a sweet girl and heeds his parents advice. prince andrew didn't listen to qe and my money says that other than his children he sincerely regrets it due to the problems fergie keeps creating for him.
__________________

__________________
  #22  
Old 05-24-2010, 08:08 PM
CrownPrincess5's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beverly Hills, California, United States
Posts: 2,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Littrell View Post
Boring, boring, boring.... I think it's really slow news day if Lux press got back to this old rumor

CrownPrincess5 He had more then 1 girlfriend (at least 3 gfs that were known to public) if U will read other threads I'm sure u'll find names and dates



He is not gay. period.

Can we please move on? Thank u

He is single right now (which is not surprise with his crazy schedule in promoting Luxembourg! I mean really crazy! they got back from ME trip at 3-4 am and around 9 am that day both Jeannot Krecke and Guillaume were in Chamber of Commerce talking about what's been done during this 7 days mission) never heard about other hard working prince like that!

Lëtzebuerg: It is a truth universally acknowledged...
No, it's not a slow day to me. I am new to this thread and my thoughts on Guillame are just my thoughts. I'm sorry if it was talked about often, but I wasn't aware of it and my thoughts are he's probably gay. Of course I know he's had more than one girlfriend. It was more of a rhetorical statement. Nothing's wrong with being single. Like I said he's hardworking, but he may be gay too. Unless you know him personally you can't say that as a fact. It is my opinion. There's really no need to be upset about it.
__________________

__________________
I don't dream at night, I dream all day. I dream for a living.
-Steven Spielberg
  #23  
Old 05-25-2010, 02:40 AM
Lighthouse's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 383
^^^ What is going on here? Was the rumour because of my post a few weeks ago??? No kidding, I'm really upset about this.

If it was then I would like to say that I didn't mean that I consider HGD to be homosexual and I'm disappointed if it's gone on record that I consider him homosexual.

If the rumour stemmed from my post then I'd like to point out that I already cleared this up weeks ago. Jonathan asked me if I was implying that Guillaume's gay? I stated that I was not suggesting he is gay. If the unfounded rumour that members of TRF think Guillaume's homosexual stemmed from MY post then I really feel I'm owed an apology for being villainised because people are now angry about it.

It appears that some people insist the term "confirmed bachelor" must mean homosexual after I indicated that it did not mean that! Down under where I live confirmed bachelor means you are still unmarried or uncommitted well into marrying age. It has nothing at all to do with one's sexual orientation in my part of the woods.

Wow, this is right up there with the time I was thumbed down multiple times on You Tube for using a term for love that actually means drunk in the USA. It took multiple posts for me to redeem myself and get my original meaning across and even then it seemed like only one American accepted that I didn't mean drunk. Seriously I was hurt - it feels like I can't speak my own language for fear of reprisal.

All I was saying was that photos would prove he had a girlfriend and paparazzi are pretty good at getting photos.

__________________
Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.
- Mark Twain
  #24  
Old 05-25-2010, 04:21 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Trust me you've never heard of it..., United States
Posts: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
^^^ What is going on here? Was the rumour because of my post a few weeks ago??? No kidding, I'm really upset about this.
You are reading too much into it. The article does not reference any particular user it only references TRF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
If it was then I would like to say that I didn't mean that I consider HGD to be homosexual and I'm disappointed if it's gone on record that I consider him homosexual.
I don't believe it is on the record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
If the rumour stemmed from my post then I'd like to point out that I already cleared this up weeks ago. Jonathan asked me if I was implying that Guillaume's gay? I stated that I was not suggesting he is gay. If the unfounded rumour that members of TRF think Guillaume's homosexual stemmed from MY post then I really feel I'm owed an apology for being villainised because people are now angry about it.
Jonathan asked you what you meant and you clarified it. Your point is clear. You are not being blamed for anything or even credited as being a person who discussed the topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
It appears that some people insist the term "confirmed bachelor" must mean homosexual after I indicated that it did not mean that! Down under where I live confirmed bachelor means you are still unmarried or uncommitted well into marrying age. It has nothing at all to do with one's sexual orientation in my part of the woods.
Who is insisting on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
Wow, this is right up there with the time I was thumbed down multiple times on You Tube for using a term for love that actually means drunk in the USA. It took multiple posts for me to redeem myself and get my original meaning across and even then it seemed like only one American accepted that I didn't mean drunk. Seriously I was hurt - it feels like I can't speak my own language for fear of reprisal.
There is no need to fear reprisal. I think you are taking this tabloid article and the resulting conversation too seriously and too personal.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
All I was saying was that photos would prove he had a girlfriend and paparazzi are pretty good at getting photos.

Paparazzi are in the business of making money. There is no real money to be made selling photographs of Guillaume splashing on the beach with a lady or dining out with one. The only reason that he was followed with Pia is because she is the adopted daughter of Queen Sonja's brother. The potential "royal" match was too good too resist.

Even in Luxembourg the tabloids would rather save their money and use a photograph of an unrelated blonde woman to accompany their article. This is what the did with the Michaela issue. They used a picture of a young woman to illustrate their article who was by their own admission not the person in question.
  #25  
Old 05-25-2010, 03:49 PM
CrownPrincess5's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beverly Hills, California, United States
Posts: 2,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
^^^ What is going on here? Was the rumour because of my post a few weeks ago??? No kidding, I'm really upset about this.

If it was then I would like to say that I didn't mean that I consider HGD to be homosexual and I'm disappointed if it's gone on record that I consider him homosexual.

If the rumour stemmed from my post then I'd like to point out that I already cleared this up weeks ago. Jonathan asked me if I was implying that Guillaume's gay? I stated that I was not suggesting he is gay. If the unfounded rumour that members of TRF think Guillaume's homosexual stemmed from MY post then I really feel I'm owed an apology for being villainised because people are now angry about it.

It appears that some people insist the term "confirmed bachelor" must mean homosexual after I indicated that it did not mean that! Down under where I live confirmed bachelor means you are still unmarried or uncommitted well into marrying age. It has nothing at all to do with one's sexual orientation in my part of the woods.

Wow, this is right up there with the time I was thumbed down multiple times on You Tube for using a term for love that actually means drunk in the USA. It took multiple posts for me to redeem myself and get my original meaning across and even then it seemed like only one American accepted that I didn't mean drunk. Seriously I was hurt - it feels like I can't speak my own language for fear of reprisal.

All I was saying was that photos would prove he had a girlfriend and paparazzi are pretty good at getting photos.

No this did not extend from your post. I think it was me. I'm new to this thread and I pointed out that he might be gay. I'm not saying he is for a fact, I was saying it as a "maybe".

Does it ever occur to anyone to question it, because there are quite a few people saying he's gay. It's just that when it more than one person saying it, then it's grounds to be true.
__________________
I don't dream at night, I dream all day. I dream for a living.
-Steven Spielberg
  #26  
Old 05-25-2010, 05:45 PM
anniks's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: , Germany
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
No this did not extend from your post. I think it was me. I'm new to this thread and I pointed out that he might be gay. I'm not saying he is for a fact, I was saying it as a "maybe".

Does it ever occur to anyone to question it, because there are quite a few people saying he's gay. It's just that when it more than one person saying it, then it's grounds to be true.
Sorry, but this is a stupid assertion! Saying there is some ground that somebody may be gay because more than one person is speculating about it in an anonymous forum is completely

Just because more than one person says the moon is made of cheese does not make it true!!!
__________________
  #27  
Old 05-25-2010, 06:05 PM
CrownPrincess5's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beverly Hills, California, United States
Posts: 2,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by anniks View Post
Sorry, but this is a stupid assertion! Saying there is some ground that somebody may be gay because more than one person is speculating about it in an anonymous forum is completely

Just because more than one person says the moon is made of cheese does not make it true!!!
Almost everyone on this forum is old enough to understand what I meant. Of course I'm not talking about speculations like the moon and cheese. I'm saying a lot of people, not only on this forum FYI, are "thinking" he's gay. If a wife speculates that her husband is cheating, most of the time he is. If everyone is thinking that then there just might be some truth to it. Usually if my friends, guys and girls, think someones gay, sorry to say this but they usually are. I don't know Guillame personally, so this is still just speculation. Is there truth to it yet? No. So there's really no need to be offensive about it.
__________________
I don't dream at night, I dream all day. I dream for a living.
-Steven Spielberg
  #28  
Old 05-25-2010, 09:00 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Trust me you've never heard of it..., United States
Posts: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Almost everyone on this forum is old enough to understand what I meant. Of course I'm not talking about speculations like the moon and cheese. I'm saying a lot of people, not ony on this forum FYI, are "thinking" he's gay. If a wife speculates that her husband is cheating, most of the time he is. If everyone is thinking that then there just might be some truth to it. Usually if my friends, guys and girls, think someones gay, sorry to say this but they usually are. I don't know Guillame personally, so this is still just speculation. Is there truth to it yet? No. So there's really no need to be offensive about it.
I think it's the people who are old enough to understand that find this argument is similar to moon and cheese. Just because he lacks a public girlfriend doesn't mean he's gay. Why should it even suggest that he is. His position requires discretion and a certain understanding of "keep your mouth shut" from the people he dates.

When a wife suspects her husband has been cheating it's because she actually knows him well enough to catch his subtle signs. She is intimately involved in his life. I've been there and you "just know" because you know that person's expressions, moods, routine, voice, et al. I personally don't have the luxury of knowing Guillaume well enough to catch any subtle signs like that.

Sure, there are rumors about it but there are also just as many rumors that Felix is a raging womanizing playboy and he's been in solid respectable relationships for years now. There are also rumors that Guillaume, contrary to being gay or a hermit, spends a little too much time in the club scene enjoying the company of female admirers. Are all the rumors true?

I think the question everyone is asking those who have a "feeling" that he's gay is what do you base that "feeling" on? Is it because rumors of 3 girlfriends and photographs of him with 1 of them isn't a enough or is it a prickly 6th sense sort of feeling (I'm not disparaging people who get "feelings" of that nature).

I have a feeling that Guillaume is a raging heterosexual who learned the valuable lesson of keeping his head down and his mouth shut when he was at Durham with Pia.

Every royal bachelor has had his sexuality questioned: Charles, Guillaume, Haakon-Magnus, Felipe, Frederik, Albert, Philippe, et al...Everyone was fully convinced that Prince Pieter-Christiaan of Orange-Nassau was gay. It was like no one even questioned it. He's now married with 2 children. It was discussed endlessly that had he decided to come out that he would have enjoyed the support of his family and the vast majority of the Dutch people.
  #29  
Old 05-25-2010, 10:01 PM
CrownPrincess5's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beverly Hills, California, United States
Posts: 2,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalla Meriem View Post
I think it's the people who are old enough to understand that find this argument is similar to moon and cheese. Just because he lacks a public girlfriend doesn't mean he's gay. Why should it even suggest that he is. His position requires discretion and a certain understanding of "keep your mouth shut" from the people he dates.

When a wife suspects her husband has been cheating it's because she actually knows him well enough to catch his subtle signs. She is intimately involved in his life. I've been there and you "just know" because you know that person's expressions, moods, routine, voice, et al. I personally don't have the luxury of knowing Guillaume well enough to catch any subtle signs like that.

Sure, there are rumors about it but there are also just as many rumors that Felix is a raging womanizing playboy and he's been in solid respectable relationships for years now. There are also rumors that Guillaume, contrary to being gay or a hermit, spends a little too much time in the club scene enjoying the company of female admirers. Are all the rumors true?

I think the question everyone is asking those who have a "feeling" that he's gay is what do you base that "feeling" on? Is it because rumors of 3 girlfriends and photographs of him with 1 of them isn't a enough or is it a prickly 6th sense sort of feeling (I'm not disparaging people who get "feelings" of that nature).

I have a feeling that Guillaume is a raging heterosexual who learned the valuable lesson of keeping his head down and his mouth shut when he was at Durham with Pia.

Every royal bachelor has had his sexuality questioned: Charles, Guillaume, Haakon-Magnus, Felipe, Frederik, Albert, Philippe, et al...Everyone was fully convinced that Prince Pieter-Christiaan of Orange-Nassau was gay. It was like no one even questioned it. He's now married with 2 children. It was discussed endlessly that had he decided to come out that he would have enjoyed the support of his family and the vast majority of the Dutch people.
It doesn't have to seem like "moon and cheese" if people paid attention. It seems like everyone is upset about the notion that he may be gay. Everyone has their own opinions! I never said he was gay because he's had a few girlfriends. You have a feeling he's a "raging heterosexual" but you're not fully sure of that and I have my feeling that he's "raging" in between. None of us knows if we're right. I'm definitely not upset by you, and others opinion about him because everyone deserves their say, but this is my say in the matter. This is my opinion

None of us knows if we're right. Do you know Guillame? We're all just going by what we see and hear, and like you pointed out, unlike a wife, we don't know him that well. But can't I at least have my opinion? I don't know Guillame well like a husband, but I have watched his expressions, moods and attitude. Sorry.

I don't care about rumors. I don't listen to them, but I do assess my own opinion about the subject regardless of the press and your or anyones feelings about the situation. Of course his position requires him to use discretion. I'm not saying he's not using discretion, I'm going by what I think. What I think really shouldn't cause an upswell. And by the way, just because a man is married with two kids, it doesn't mean he's not gay. There's a lot of gay married men out there. So that cannot be the grounds for a reason not to think someone is gay.

I'm sorry, but no one can change my mind on this...except Guillame.
__________________
I don't dream at night, I dream all day. I dream for a living.
-Steven Spielberg
  #30  
Old 05-25-2010, 11:38 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Trust me you've never heard of it..., United States
Posts: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
It doesn't have to seem like "moon and cheese" if people paid attention. It seems like everyone is upset about the notion that he may be gay.
We are paying attention. That's the point. No one is upset that people think he's gay. People are upset that it appears that people think this because he keeps his private life private. Which is kind of offensive, you know. Posters here (or anywhere else) don't seem to care that it's possible that he is gay (we royal watchers are an open minded bunch). However, I'm not certain that Guillaume (as a devout Catholic) wouldn't actually be offended by it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Everyone has their own opinions! I never said he was gay because he's had a few girlfriends.You have a feeling he's a "raging heterosexual" but you're not fully sure of that
I'm trying to understand what your reason is...I never said I wasn't fully sure that he's heterosexual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
and I have my feeling that he's "raging" in between. None of us knows if we're right. I'm definitely not upset by you, and others opinion about him because everyone deserves their say, but this is my say in the matter. This is my opinion
No one is disputing your say. People are questioning why you are so adamant that he is gay. They aren't insulting you they are curious to know if there is some valid reason that they have missed or some bit of news they have missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
None of us knows if we're right. Do you know Guillame? We're all just going by what we see and hear, and like you pointed out, unlike a wife, we don't know him that well.
I think the fact that this thread has made the tabloids in Luxembourg (where Guillaume lives and knows a great many people) should be evidence to you that there are people who have read this rumor that he is gay (either here or the magazine which quotes this thread) that actually do know Guillaume. Someone else pointed out that perhaps we should be more careful. Maybe the next issue of Privat will be quoting you as a source for stating that Guillaume is gay. Case in point...I only started reading this thread after it made the Luxembourg press. I doubt I'm the only one.

I'm totally open and 4 of my closest real life friends are gay. But, if someone insisted that I was gay I would be offended by it simply because it is not who I am and sexuality is a very personal matter. I'd actually be offended for people who don't know me to be sitting around discussing my sexuality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
But can't I at least have my opinion? I don't know Guillame well like a husband, but I have watched his expressions, moods and attitude. Sorry.
You certainly may. But you have to understand that you are not the only person who has one or even the only person who has studied Guillaume's manner. I dare say that some of the people who read, post or lurk here have much better access to Guillaume as a person, photos, or video of him. I would expect this to be especially true after this forum was listed a source in a magazine published in his rather small nation.

Moods and attitude? Have you access to private events, video or photographs? I've studied his expressions but his true moods and attitude would be difficult to discern from his public engagements given his training to project a certain demeanor during such events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I don't care about rumors. I don't listen to them,
Oh? Didn't you say, "Does it ever occur to anyone to question it, because there are quite a few people saying he's gay. It's just that when it more than one person saying it, then it's grounds to be true....If everyone is thinking that then there just might be some truth to it. Usually if my friends, guys and girls, think someones gay, sorry to say this but they usually are. I don't know Guillame personally, so this is still just speculation. Is there truth to it yet?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
but I do assess my own opinion about the subject regardless of the press and your or anyones feelings about the situation. I'm going by what I think.
You are absolutely welcome to think anything you want. I think you misunderstand. People wanted to know what you based this opinion on. You clarified that you've studied Guillaume's carefully cultivated public persona.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
What I think really shouldn't cause an upswell.
It's made the press in Luxembourg. I'll just leave it at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
And by the way, just because a man is married with two kids, it doesn't mean he's not gay. There's a lot of gay married men out there. So that cannot be the grounds for a reason not to think someone is gay.
I agree there are many gay men and women who are married with children. I am well aware of this statistic. However, I suspect that most of them would not have enjoyed the overwhelming support of their entire family and more than 16 million other people had they chosen to live an openly gay life. It's not exactly fair to say that a man who openly enjoys his married life or a relationship with a woman should be viewed with suspicion. Give the guy some credit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I'm sorry, but no one can change my mind on this...except Guillame.
Okay but be on the look-out cause just because he might marry you and father your children apparently doesn't mean he's straight.
  #31  
Old 05-26-2010, 01:19 AM
CrownPrincess5's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beverly Hills, California, United States
Posts: 2,545
Lalla M, I get what you're saying. But I'm not saying he may be gay because he's private. I think it's good that he keeps the private part of his life private. I don't blame him. I said he "might" be gay, not because I read the tabloids, or the posts, or saw him in person, but because when I saw him that's what immediately came to me. I was sensing that he's gay. But really I'm not sure. It's just talk and just to let you know, his sexuality does not matter to me. But I would like have this mystery (to me) unearthed. I'm not adamant about him being gay. There really is no valid reason as to why I feel this way, only that this is the vibe I'm sensing from him.

I didn't know this thread made the tabloids. Now I see why someone said be careful. I wasn't trying to insinuate something, just expressing what I think. Also, I cannot help that rumors will be said, but I do take my opinion from the situation because there's two sides to a story and the truth. I don't think it takes much to get a feeling about someone. I didn't say I "studied" him, it's what I "perceive" of him.

Honestly, to sum it up, it was really just an opinion. I didn't study him, or try to get stuff written in the tabloids, etc. If he's straight then he's straight, if he's gay then he's gay. BTW, what I meant was Guillame will have to prove me wrong.
__________________
I don't dream at night, I dream all day. I dream for a living.
-Steven Spielberg
  #32  
Old 05-26-2010, 09:22 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Trust me you've never heard of it..., United States
Posts: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Lalla M, I get what you're saying. But I'm not saying he may be gay because he's private. I think it's good that he keeps the private part of his life private. I don't blame him. I said he "might" be gay, not because I read the tabloids, or the posts, or saw him in person, but because when I saw him that's what immediately came to me. I was sensing that he's gay. But really I'm not sure. It's just talk and just to let you know, his sexuality does not matter to me. But I would like have this mystery (to me) unearthed. I'm not adamant about him being gay. There really is no valid reason as to why I feel this way, only that this is the vibe I'm sensing from him.
I understand. I have to say it wasn't always clear why you thought this but you have clarified and I understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I didn't know this thread made the tabloids. Now I see why someone said be careful. I wasn't trying to insinuate something, just expressing what I think. Also, I cannot help that rumors will be said,
It did make the press and not any sort of good tone. It is referred to in the publication as "Dreck und Lügen im Internet." Translation: Filth and lies on the internet.

Basically, Luxembourgers are upset that their perfectly respectable Hereditary Grand Duke is having his sexuality questioned on this particular forum by "self proclaimed noble experts."

I agree with the person who wrote the article that it is offensive to question Guillaume's sexuality because he is discrete and private (I am not saying this is the reason you feel how you do). However, I don't think that this thread was read very clearly by that person. At the same time I understand the frustration.

People love Guillaume and respect him. I think a lot of casual royal watchers don't grasp the depth of importance or affection that some royal families enjoy from the people of their nations.
  #33  
Old 05-27-2010, 02:39 AM
JessRulz's Avatar
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 5,077
Okay, now that the misunderstanding has been cleared up, would we please be able to move on? We do not want to give more ammunition to the Luxembourg gossip press (and other press) that TRF is merely a gossip forum with no substance whatsoever.

Thank you,
the Lux. Moderators
__________________
**TRF Rules and FAQ**
  #34  
Old 05-29-2010, 09:42 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Quad Cities, United States
Posts: 46
The whole "is Guillaume homosexual" thing bothers me, because it seems to say that if you're shy/private that means you have something to hide. I think he's private, and once a GF is revealed it will be a pretty good sign she's the one he'll marry.
So, to change the subject-Would she have to be born Catholic or would the GDF accept willing to convert?
__________________
  #35  
Old 06-01-2010, 05:56 PM
4Pam's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 2,824
She doesn't have to be a born Catholic but will have to convert the same way CP's Maxima and Mary did when they married their husbands.
__________________
  #36  
Old 06-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Sereta's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The, United States
Posts: 2,017
I think it's good that Guillaume keeps his private life private. That is the way it should be! He's very wise to do this. Maybe he's learned from watching his British counterparts. This way the girl can't use the press for her own agenda or to pressure him to marry her. And her family won't be able to expoit their connection to him and the monarchy to help their family business and bring publicity to themselves.
I hope Prince William has learned his lesson too.
__________________
  #37  
Old 06-02-2010, 02:54 AM
JessRulz's Avatar
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 5,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
She doesn't have to be a born Catholic but will have to convert the same way CP's Maxima and Mary did when they married their husbands.
Princess Máxima did not convert to the Protestant faith when she married, she remained (and still remains) a Roman Catholic. She and Willem-Alexander agreed however that their children will be brought up Protestant. Princess Mary did convert though (from Presbyterian to Lutheran).

I would say that if Guillaume's future wife is from Luxembourg, it would be highly likely that she would be Roman Catholic (it is estimated that somewhere around 87% of the Luxembourg population is Roman Catholic). In the chance that she isn't Roman Catholic, I'd say that there is a high likelihood that she would convert (either by her own choice, or be asked to by the GDF/church).
__________________
**TRF Rules and FAQ**
  #38  
Old 06-16-2010, 07:56 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: São Luis, Brazil
Posts: 29
Hey evrybody, i want to be a question, Guillaume have a girlfriend?
__________________
  #39  
Old 06-17-2010, 01:09 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,834
If you will look one page back you will see the awnser: Not that is known by the press & general public.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #40  
Old 06-19-2010, 01:09 AM
Mapleleaf134's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: new york, United States
Posts: 69
Can he get married in the Notre Dame Cathedral?? Just curious.. since it seems a beautiful place for a royal wedding.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
hereditary grand duke guillaume, relationship, stephanie de lannoy


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HGD Guillaume & HGD Stéphanie FAQ JessRulz Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume & Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie 66 11-22-2013 10:13 PM
HGD Guillaume Picture Thread, Part 2 Marengo Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume & Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie 134 08-15-2013 09:56 PM
HGD Guillaume's 18th Birthday: December 11, 1999 USCtrojan Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume & Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie 14 07-22-2011 06:25 PM
HGD Guillaume, Current Events 9 (January 2007 - November 2008) Marengo Current Events Archive 167 11-16-2008 05:19 AM
HGD Guillaume Picture Thread, Part 1 (July 2006 - September 2008) HRH Mims Current Events Archive 165 09-12-2008 07:03 PM




Popular Tags
abdication belgium birth brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion germany grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympic games ottoman pieter van vollenhoven pregnancy president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince daniel prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess ariane princess astrid princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen anne-marie queen fabiola queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:54 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]