HGD Guillaume: Relationship Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He always looks so happy and cheerful recently and I wish them good luck!I am surprised that his girlfriend could stay out of the press for such a long time,I hope she won´t be followed by the paparazzi as much as Catherine Middleton or other royals are.

he did not mention a name.....he should'nt...he told the media just enough so they wont have to speculate on his romantic endeavors...that yes he is in a relationship but no you wont see a wedding soon.

I believe the press is now speculating over a countess Stephanie de Lannoy . Walloon nobility, with connections to the de Lignes. And I believe that one of CPss Mathilde's witnesses was a countess de Lannoy (by marriage?).

More info. on Marlene's blog:

Royal Musings: Another candidate for Hereditary Grand Duchess

Last edited:
I think it's quite silly to speculate with so little information. How many women are there in Belgium?

It isn't exactly the press that is speculating but a poster on a French forum. So we will have to wait and see if there is any more substance to it than the Clementine de Rozieres rumour.

The Luxembourg royals are largely ignored by the international paparazzi as there is far less interest in the media regarding Luxembourg's Grand Ducal Family (which they like very much)

He always looks so happy and cheerful recently and I wish them good luck!I am surprised that his girlfriend could stay out of the press for such a long time,I hope she won´t be followed by the paparazzi as much as Catherine Middleton or other royals are.

I believe the press is now speculating over a countess Stephanie de Lannoy . Walloon nobility, with connections to the de Lignes. And I believe that one of CPss Mathilde's witnesses was a countess de Lannoy (by marriage?).

More info. on Marlene's blog:

Royal Musings: Another candidate for Hereditary Grand Duchess

CPss Mathilde's witness was Agnès Huyghes Despointes, born du Parc Locmaria, whose mother is a countess de Lannoy. Agnès Huyghes Despointes and Stéphanie de Lannoy are second cousins.

Thanks for explaining that Sancia.

Do you know how her mother Alix is related to Countess Katia de Limburg-Stirum née della Faille Leverghem (she is married to the eldest son of princess Helene of France).

Thanks for explaining that Sancia.

Do you know how her mother Alix is related to Countess Katia de Limburg-Stirum née della Faille Leverghem (she is married to the eldest son of princess Helene of France).

She is a first cousin of Katia's father.
Moreover, Stéphanie is a first cousin of Christine de Lannoy, wife of Bruno de Limburg-Stirum and a second cousin with late archduke Carl Ludwig and archduchess Yolande of Austria's children as well as with late prince Antoine de Ligne and princess Alix of Luxemburg's children,

Some more info about Stephanie.

Stephanie (27) still lives at home in the castle Anvaing in the town of Hainaut. She is the youngest of eight children of Count Philippe de Lannoy and Alix della Faille the Leverghem. They met at a noble ball. Over the past two years they were close. Guillaume has since then been regularly spotted in the castle of Anvaing.

Stephanie studied Germanic Philology at the University of Louvain-la-Neuve and then went to Berlin for a master. Besides German she also speaks Russian. The French society magazine Point de Vue speculates about a marriage in 2012.

Source: Belgische gravin heeft relatie met Luxemburgse troonopvolger - Het Nieuwsblad

Countess Stéphanie is also a granddaughter of Princess Beatrix de Ligne. She and Guillaume met through their cousins of the Princely family de Ligne.

Yes,apart from her ancestry from the Houses of Ligne,Croy,Arenberg,Salm,Liechtenstein,Dietrichstein,Kinsky,Lobkowicz etc.,it is also interesting to note that she is a descendant of Francois Henry de Monmorency(1628-1695),who was also Duc de Luxembourg ;)

It will not be a fairy tale wedding: Where is Cinderella? :(
People of high society are charming but it doesn't make me dream.

I also think that her face reminds me Pia Haraldsen (former girlfriend of Guillaume).

Does Stéphanie work?

It will not be a fairy tale wedding: Where is Cinderella? :(

Well,remember that Cinderella was born into high society ;)

Just her stepmother treated her the other way...

Last edited:
Do we know for sure that Stephanie is the right lady, or is she just a name picked out by the gossip columns? What is the confirmation?

As far as I remember, Guillaume didn't reveal the name of his girlfriend.

He gave some details about his gf, press was looking for someone who match to them et voila - they've found Stephanie :)

Do we know for sure that Stephanie is the right lady, or is she just a name picked out by the gossip columns? What is the confirmation?

Point De Vue is not just another gossip magaizne, it has a very good reputation.

I thinks it must be her. The court decided to give no comment, if is wasn't her they would surely have denied it.

Yes, they said 'no comments' so it's possible that PdV is right. And now I'm wondering why she decided to sue the magazine? Bad communication between her and palace/Guillaumne or what?

Yes, they said 'no comments' so it's possible that PdV is right. And now I'm wondering why she decided to sue the magazine? Bad communication between her and palace/Guillaumne or what?

There is no confirmation that she is suing the magazine. This is only gossip on the internet.

Yes, I know. There is many gossip around the press/web about whole case.

I think it was a bit naive of him to reveal that he had a girlfriend but then to not name her. I don't mean to suggest that he should reveal everything about her and their relationship, the man is entitled to some privacy, but surely he must have known that people would go digging to find out who she is?? As it is, his silence hasn't offered her any protection, he may as well have named her as her name is out now. He makes it more of a story by NOT naming her, as media can run 'secret girlfriend' articles. And if this Stephanie really ISN'T the right girl, then the palace have done her a grave disservice by refusing to comment, not 'clearing her name' as such.

I think it was a bit naive of him to reveal that he had a girlfriend but then to not name her. I don't mean to suggest that he should reveal everything about her and their relationship, the man is entitled to some privacy, but surely he must have known that people would go digging to find out who she is?? As it is, his silence hasn't offered her any protection, he may as well have named her as her name is out now. He makes it more of a story by NOT naming her, as media can run 'secret girlfriend' articles. And if this Stephanie really ISN'T the right girl, then the palace have done her a grave disservice by refusing to comment, not 'clearing her name' as such.

If she is not the girlfriend then the palace did not do her a great disservice they actually did a great service! If she isn't the girlfriend but only she knows that she can use this opportunity to make some money and became famous, because lets face it a Belgian Countess does not warrant a full page in PdeV or even a small article for that matter, so this situation has brought her into the spotlight so to speak. And if she is the girlfriend then she will just have to get used to this treatment for the rest of her life anyway...

It doesn't seem as if she wants the spotlight as she is apparently suing PdeV. And generally I think that the Belgian nobles are more like people who only want their name to be mentioned in the papers for births, weddings and deaths.

We don't know if she's suing PdeV that's another Internet rumor with no substance behind it.

Well, Luxembourgish media is reporting it and people who are usually in the know when it comes to the grand ducal family have also confirmed it.

If she is suing, that does not look good for her. Not something a future Grand Duchess should be doing imo...

my question is : why would she be suing if she is in fact the gf?

For breach of privacy; France has very strict laws when it comes to that so she would probably be successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom