HGD Guillaume: Relationship Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know, everything surrounding Guillaume is very private.

I would assume that he's single if he is if fact dating someone. Haven't heard that he's married.

Unmarried maybe but if he has a romantic interest then not unattached. Unmarried doesn't necessarily mean single IMO but everyone's opinion is different.

The media is now speculating about an engagement that will be made public on Guillaume's 30th birthday in November. It would go together with the "rumours" mentioned during the National Day coverage.

EXKLUSIV/ Erbgroßherzog Guillaumes Verlobung schon am 11.11.2011? - Wie

In case this is and the information in the last issue are true it would be a fast engagement as they said that Guillaume and his "girlfriend" only dated for seven months.

i hope he isnt rushing into something because he is getting older....if he is getting engaged i hope is real love and always true :)

Well, we will know by December 1st if this rumor is true.

It's possible that Guillaume might have known or come into contact with this mystery woman earlier if this rumor is true. Perhaps they were friends earlier but were not dating until more recently.

So, since 23th june (or before) everybody knows that he is getting married and (now thanks this tabloid) that the announcement will be made ​​on 11/11/11 but no one knows the name of this "mysterious girl"!
Strange...rumor?

Seems like it. I think the remarks during the National Day broadcast have so substance to them because I don't think they would say anything in case there wouldn't be serious rumours. I don't know if there is any truth to the stuff Promi is writing. Maybe or maybe they are just trying to cash in. It certainly sells papers when they say something about Guillaume that probably has more substance to it than Alexandra's "pregnancy".

So, just so that I have my 'musings' correct:

In June, rumours start that Guillaume is engaged/going to be engaged. In August, Promi puts on the front page that Guillaume finally has a girlfriend and they've been dating for seven months. A week or two later, it's written that he's going to officially announce his girlfriend/engagement on his birthday.

So, is this the same girlfriend from the June engagement rumours? In June, they would have only been dating for 5-6 months. Is that why the engagement wasn't announced then, because it would have seemed too quick?

I guess my confusion is the wording of the Promi magazine - the FINALLY. If we were talking about an engagement in June... why are we finallying in August?

(Please note that I say 'dating' and not 'know'. Guillaume might have known this girl for many years before they actually started dating.)

It's quite strange... Maybe the rumours back in June were only about a girlfriend. One of the moderator said something about "rumours" concerning Guillaume, obviously his love life as they talked about him going to the Monaco "on his own" and then they other one cut in saying that once an engagement will be announced, everyone will be surprised. Some people have concluded from that that there might be an engagement soon.

I personally thing that getting engaged after seven months is quite fast. Maybe they have been friends all along or have been a couple before and got back together and that is the reason for the possible fast engagement.

Hmm. As private as he is I wouldn't be surprised if he had a girlfriend tucked away. On the flip side considering how small a country Luxembourg is I have a hard time believing that people wouldn't see them together SOMEWHERE. Although they could have been discrete...that would have to be one VERY patient and understanding woman!

^ Luxembourgers as a whole, are very protective of the Grand Ducal family. I've heard/read that both Guillaume and Felix have been seen out and about in Luxembourg with girlfriends, but they are never bothered because people like to give them their privacy. It must be nice to live in a country like that! I feel sorry for some of the other young royals who are not allowed that privilege.

I won't get my hopes up with the girlfriend/fiancé rumors - won't believe it until there is an announcement! But if he is engaged then I'm so excited and happy for him and his family!!!

That's nice that the people of Luxembourg give the royal family privacy. in most places, this wouldn't be the case.

^ Luxembourgers as a whole, are very protective of the Grand Ducal family. I've heard/read that both Guillaume and Felix have been seen out and about in Luxembourg with girlfriends, but they are never bothered because people like to give them their privacy. It must be nice to live in a country like that! I feel sorry for some of the other young royals who are not allowed that privilege.

Prince Félix's girlfriend has been seen in a wedding, if I remember well, but she indeed seems to be a very discret young lady.

Last edited:
Prince Félix's girlfriend has been seen in a wedding, if I remember well, but she indeed seems to be a very discret young lady.

Yes!! I remember!! in a red Outfit... not?? she looks very nice...

Yes, I think she wore orangish/red dress. I think we haven't seen any other pictures of her and Felix, neither in Luxembourg nor abroad so that proves that unless they are photographed together with their agreement, we won't get any pictures of them. We haven't seen any on Felix and his former girlfriends or Guillaume with a girlfriend except the ones with Pia somewhere in Switzerland that were taken by paparazzi I guess.
Apart from the ones with Pia, some old ones from their holidays in France and occassionally uncle Guillaume and Sibilla with Marie-Chantal and Pavlos of Greece or the Duke and Duchess of Brabant, we haven't seen many private/paparazzi pics of the whole family. And I agree with sugarbaby that it is great that we don't see any. Apart from their "job" they haven't chosen but were born into, they can lead a relatively normal life.

This summer while I've been on holiday,I've met an acquaintance of a friend of mine,a young woman from Luxembourg.She seemed very discrete and did not tell anything till I asked her about the Grand Ducal family,if she could say anything about them.She said that the whole family is very much respected and appreciated for their honest attitude ,especially GD Henri and his wife.
When I asked about Guillaume and Felix and potential girlfriends she said is not sure about their private life,but many girls dream of Guillaume,not only because he is the heir,but for his down-to-earth attitude ,sincerity and intelligence.On the contrary,she said that Felix is a typical playboy,I got very surprised.
Just what I've been told.

This summer while I've been on holiday,I've met an acquaintance of a friend of mine,a young woman from Luxembourg.She seemed very discrete and did not tell anything till I asked her about the Grand Ducal family,if she could say anything about them.She said that the whole family is very much respected and appreciated for their honest attitude ,especially GD Henri and his wife.
When I asked about Guillaume and Felix and potential girlfriends she said is not sure about their private life,but many girls dream of Guillaume,not only because he is the heir,but for his down-to-earth attitude ,sincerity and intelligence.On the contrary,she said that Felix is a typical playboy,I got very surprised.
Just what I've been told.
did she say anything about Sebastien?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom