HGD Guillaume and HGD Stéphanie, Current Events 2: October 2012 - May 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see them back.

Yay, Leidi, they're back! Quick turn around now, to China!

Yay! My favorite Royal couple!

I hope we find out where they went on honeymoon....someday.:whistling:

Great to see them back!

A picture of HGD Guillaume and HGD Stephanie with King Albert II and Queen Paola of Belgium. It was taken at the communion of Prince Emmanuel, who is Guillaume's godson.

Timeline Photos | Facebook

I think they will be returning soon as the couple are going on a working visit to China if I remember correct later this month.

Really looking forward to seeing the pictures from the trip to China. :flowers:

Dress looks familiar but what is it with shawls? This one - blergh coloured, does nothing for the overall look - its just sort of hanging there! :ermm:

Iv'e just looked at a picture of Mette-Merit in Jakata and she had a grey blergh blanket on her shoulder.

If you wear a shawl, wear it with some style.

I'm a bit sad. I was hoping to have many pics about this trip, this couple has became my newest obsession...

Stephanie's fashion choice is a bit blah

I really hope the pix will be coming soon... and happy to see her wear red !

She looks good to me in the picture in China except that her (as always) very high heels make her stand stiffly. She is not used to being photographed standing in a stiff line, I guess.
It will take a while to look natural in these positions. A couple of inches off her heels would possibly help natural stance.
She may have worn red because it's the color of good luck in China, bringing positive thoughts to those seeing her.

I really like her dress. It's a lovely warm shade. I like the shawl too but think that it could be worn with a bit more panache.

Last edited:
She looks good to me in the picture in China except that her (as always) very high heels make her stand stiffly.
What photos have you seen that makes you certain that Stéphanie is wearing very high heels?? If it's from the links in this thread I can't for certain judge the height of her heels, but they don't look that high.

I love the way she has wrapped her scarf around her neck in the first set of photos. That is the way it's supposed to be done.

Also love the pink/black jacket blazer in the other photos...it's very Chanel!;)

Stephanie has definitely cut her hair.

I love everything she's wearing in these last pics.

Thanks for sharing the pics with us

Sadly, there are always very few pictures of them at events, especially abroad.

Hopefully it will change a bit, we don´t need to be flooded, just some more pics or footage. An economical visit to China is also no amusement ride, so for this time I´m okay with it :D A visit to Germany would be nice ;)

Well at last some pix...much too few I think !!!!

I hope this doesn't become a trend and we can see tons of pics of them :D

Meraude, in these recent pictures of Stephanie in slacks, one cannot see high heels. In another picture taken in China when she wore the red dress, then one could see she was in what appeared to be very high heels. She is less stiff in these more recent pictures of her in slacks and a nice jacket and scarf. I am not opposed to some heel height, but when it gets to an extreme height it may make some women stiffen up in order to hold that position. As a former ballet dancer (when young!) I can attest to the degree of stiffness required to poise on top of a "toe shoe". I believe I had a certain stiffness about me for a long time because of this training, even when not wearing toe shoes. Some women--some royals--seem to be at home on the skyscraper shoes, however--don't know what makes the difference. Stephanie may be slightly knock-kneed (forgive me!) or at least appears that way in the red dress. Dear, I'm getting into deep water here. You know I think she's a doll, so it's just a minor matter of mechanics to be worked out.

Meraude, in these recent pictures of Stephanie in slacks, one cannot see high heels. In another picture taken in China when she wore the red dress, then one could see she was in what appeared to be very high heels. She is less stiff in these more recent pictures of her in slacks and a nice jacket and scarf. I am not opposed to some heel height, but when it gets to an extreme height it may make some women stiffen up in order to hold that position. As a former ballet dancer (when young!) I can attest to the degree of stiffness required to poise on top of a "toe shoe". I believe I had a certain stiffness about me for a long time because of this training, even when not wearing toe shoes. Some women--some royals--seem to be at home on the skyscraper shoes, however--don't know what makes the difference. Stephanie may be slightly knock-kneed (forgive me!) or at least appears that way in the red dress. Dear, I'm getting into deep water here. You know I think she's a doll, so it's just a minor matter of mechanics to be worked out.

Hello Mariel . . . Thank you for sharing your story about your ballet experience and your deep thoughts on high heels. I have similar feelings when I see young women on those tall shoes, there is a particular height that indeed adds elegance but a bit over and it takes away . . .:sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom