HGD Guillaume & HGD Stéphanie FAQ

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guillaume has almond shaped eyes. He is what is often described as "sloe-eyed". And his eyelashes are longer than those of most women I know including myself. :ermm:

ITA Rayarena..if you look at video and photos of him as a baby they almost look Asian...except they are rather large.

He has the loveliest brown eyes I have ever seen on a man, quite frankly..indeed his fiancee told German television that his eyes are one of the things that made her fall in love. :whistling:

Since Stephanie's eyes are large, blue and round it will be interesting to see who their children take after.

Yes, I have pictures of him as a baby and indeed, he did look almost Asiatic due to his eyes--a trait as I have said that he shares with his late grandmother Josephine Charlotte and his father Henri. Regarding his future children and what they will look like, perhaps if we look at his nephews, his brother Louis's children, this might give us a hint at how they might possibly look like.

does anyone knows more about their visit to China? like the days they're going, the visit program, etc...
ive been trying to find info about it

They are leaving for China on Nov26th and will be there until the 30th. They will visit four cities including Shanghai...I cannot remember the others.

I was happily looking at the wedding footage of this lovely couple when to my shock and horror I saw comments written on youtube about him. Cannot understand where this has come from. That he is gay etc etc why is this being said? Written under the wedding video by several different people. And was forced by his family to get married.

angieuk said:
I was happily looking at the wedding footage of this lovely couple when to my shock and horror I saw comments written on youtube about him. Cannot understand where this has come from. That he is gay etc etc why is this being said? Written under the wedding video by several different people. And was forced by his family to get married.

Never read YouTube comments, especially if you value your sanity and stomach contents. There are all kinds of trolls and vermin and idiots and disgusting people that just post for kicks and giggles.

Yeah, you'll never understand why people write comments like that. It's best to not look at them.

Never read YouTube comments, especially if you value your sanity and stomach contents. There are all kinds of trolls and vermin and idiots and disgusting people that just post for kicks and giggles.

I have pretty much given up reading any comments after anything as people write the most ridiculous things since they/we can hide behind a screen name. Yes, I see the irony that I just wrote that and I'm hiding behind a screen name. ;)

There have been the same speculations on this forum too about Guillaume, for example in this thread: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...lationship-musings-and-suggestions-27587.html due to the lack of known girlfriends. There have been the same kind of speculations about Philippe of Belgium and about Albert of Monaco, as far as I know it's just speculations, but people likes to speculate and the absence of girlfriends or lack of serious longtime relationships seems to make people suspect/assume that a male isn't interested in the opposite sex.

There have been the same speculations on this forum too about Guillaume, for example in this thread: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...lationship-musings-and-suggestions-27587.html due to the lack of known girlfriends. There have been the same kind of speculations about Philippe of Belgium and about Albert of Monaco, as far as I know it's just speculations, but people likes to speculate and the absence of girlfriends or lack of serious longtime relationships seems to make people suspect/assume that a male isn't interested in the opposite sex.
Lack of girlfriends? Guillaume had a 2-3 year relationship with a relative to Queen Sonja of Norway.

They don't just speculate/suspect/assume a lot of posters claim to know for a fact that Prince X is gay based on the evidence that they are not seen out and about with a different woman every week or with the same woman for years on end.

HGD Guillaume is deeply in love with his new wife and very, very happy now. Anyone who still believes otherwise is deluded and bitter, imo.

Guillaume and Stephanie were a serious couple for at least two years before they went public. They very wisely kept their relationship completely private so that it could flourish and grow away from gossip and prying eyes. Good for them, I say!

If even a fracture of the garbage posted about Guillaume online and on youtube is true he is the most consummate actor since Laurence Olivier. :lol:

As for Youtube? casualfan is right...some of the most unbalanced individuals on the planet post "commentary" at that place.:sick:

Last edited:
Lack of girlfriends? Guillaume had a 2-3 year relationship with a relative to Queen Sonja of Norway.
One girlfriends wasn't enough, especially as it wasn't a live-in girlfriend.

HGD Guillaume is deeply in love with his new wife and very, very happy now. Anyone who still believes otherwise is deluded and bitter, imo.

Honestly you have no way of knowing that Guillaume is 'deeply in love' and very happy right now just as I have no way of knowing that he is not. Claiming to be sure about someone else's feelings one way or another strikes me as (in your words) deluded.

There have been the same speculations on this forum too about Guillaume, for example in this thread: HGD Guillaume: Relationship Musings and Suggestions due to the lack of known girlfriends. There have been the same kind of speculations about Philippe of Belgium and about Albert of Monaco, as far as I know it's just speculations, but people likes to speculate and the absence of girlfriends or lack of serious longtime relationships seems to make people suspect/assume that a male isn't interested in the opposite sex.

and specualtions too about Prince Edward Earl of Wessex before he married Sophie (and some after too...) Weird.

Re the revolting YouTube comments; same with the Daily Mail; there are so many seriously disturbed people out there; i was a bit nervous before i went to the UK, but most of the people i met were just lovely. Seems anominity brings out the worst in people.

Honestly you have no way of knowing that Guillaume is 'deeply in love' and very happy right now just as I have no way of knowing that he is not. Claiming to be sure about someone else's feelings one way or another strikes me as (in your words) deluded.

No one on this forum knows if any of the royal couples are in love or not and I dare say all all of them just speculate. However, it is quite apparent in Guillaume's case simply based on the balcony appearance of his wedding. He just wouldn't stop kissing his wife.

If he is not, then, as Moonmaiden23 said he is quite an actor and deserves an Oscar.

Unless it is a newspaper which can be held liable for statements written, anyone can pretty much write anything about anyone with no real consequences. I think this has inbolden some to say whatever they want.

It's quite possible that those writing these remarks about HGD Guillaume and HGD Stephanie are jealous of them or someone for whatever reason has a beef to pick with them. When you have negative youtube postings, this is usually the reason why.

I wouldn't go on either YouTube or Facebook. I believe I am "on" Facebook because some internet sites I go to post there, but I never check it out or deliberately go to places like that. Not only calumny is there, but also possible danger. We gossip here on TRF but no one is allowed to push it beyond a discrete limit. Almost anything goes on some websites. One of these that my son signed me up for is Huffington Post. Terribly nasty attacks continually. Internet is like wine, must be taken judiciously.

I remember putting the name in of someone I knew on the internet and this page came up which was a document that shouldn't have been out there. Every person whose name was on this document would come up when you put their name into a search engine. Anyone who did this could have read this document. My guess is the person who posted it had a bone to pick with this particular company (this is the impression that I got from glancing through the document) and wanted everyone else to know about it apparently. It was later taken down.

Some people like to get people angry or upset and they will write nasty and insulting coments
just to do this. It is safe to do because it isn't like you are face to face with this individual. I doubt many of these individuals would say these things to the face of the person(s) they insulted. Usually nothing happens to this person unless they actually threaten someone.

Last edited:

Very true, we are all just going on our own perceptions- which may be completely wrong!

For my part, I believe Guillaume's marriage to Stephanie was arranged by the two families. But I also think he is delighted with it!!

Time will tell.

I find it amusing people keep insisting this is an arranged marriage and not a love match just because the bride is noble and yet that notion has never been uttered with any other royal couple with the exception of Phillippe/Matilde (another one in which the bride is noble) when Guillaume had said time and time again he is free to date whoever he wants and had said his parents had never placed a restriction on who his wife should be.

I disagree NobleConsortMing.

There exists over seven months of photographs, videotape, observances from family members(Grand Duke Henri), magazine editors, (Kristiane de Vries ROYALS BELGIUM, Antoine Michelland POINT DE VUE), journalists (Stephane Bern WORT.lu, Thomas de Bergeyck RTL), Luxembourg mayor Xavier Bettel, Prime Minister Juncker, Archbishop Hollerich and most important of all the very words of Guillaume himself to support my statements.

He has found the woman of his life. He loves her very much. He is a happy man.

Did you happen to watch the wedding-particularly his almost giddy appearance on the balcony of the Palais Grand-Ducal immediately after the ceremony? Case closed.

I also have no idea why anyone would continue to cling the idea that it is an arranged marriage when once again both Guillaume and Stephanie have provided details of how they met and fell in love. The "arranged marriage" theory was also debunked in PARIS MATCH the week before the wedding.

DELUSION. The definition according to Wikipedia is "a belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary."

Delusion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nope. Doesn't sound like me at all.

Last edited:
I disagree NobleConsortMing.

There exists over seven months of photographs, videotape, observances from family members(Grand Duke Henri), magazine editors, (Kristiane de Vries ROYALS BELGIUM, Antoine Michelland POINT DE VUE), journalists (Stephane Bern WORT.lu, Thomas de Bergeyck RTL), Luxembourg mayor Xavier Bettel, Prime Minister Juncker, Archbishop Hollerich and most important of all the very words of Guillaume himself to support my statements.

He has found the woman of his life. He loves her very much. He is a happy man.

Did you happen to watch the wedding-particularly his almost giddy appearance on the balcony of the Palais Grand-Ducal immediately after the ceremony? Case closed.

I also have no idea why anyone would continue to cling the idea that it is an arranged marriage when once again both Guillaume and Stephanie have provided details of how they met and fell in love. The "arranged marriage" THEORY was also debunked in PARIS MATCH the week before the wedding.

DELUSION. The definition according to Wikipedia is "a belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary."

Delusion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nope. Doesn't sound like me at all.

It is obvious it is an arranged marriage...I mean afterall, who still married a noble if it is not pressured or arranged by his father and commoner mother. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
In the videos of them that I've seen, there's one thing that keeps happening that you can't fake. When they look at each other, their eyes and faces just light up like Christmas trees.

You can't fake that.

People who want to believe whatever they want, will. I feel for those who post things to stir things up online where ever that may be. To feel that much bitterness to someone they don't even know is rather sad IMO.

In the videos of them that I've seen, there's one thing that keeps happening that you can't fake. When they look at each other, their eyes and faces just light up like Christmas trees.

You can't fake that.

People who want to believe whatever they want, will. I feel for those who post things to stir things up online where ever that may be. To feel that much bitterness to someone they don't even know is rather sad IMO.

Nor can anyone fake Guillaume's glee and delight when he and his wife was on the balcony after their religious ceremony. And I don't believe Guillaume is an exceptional actor when there are reports of him biting his nails as a results of nervousness.

Where do the couple live?

They live in a villa somewhere in Luxembourg. They have chosen not to be any more specific than that in order to protect their privacy.

It was believed that they would live at the Castle of Colmar-Berg after they married, but during their pre-wedding interviews a few days before the wedding they revealed that they would not be living at Berg after all.

They live in a villa somewhere in Luxembourg. They have chosen not to be any more specific than that in order to protect their privacy.

It was believed that they would live at the Castle of Colmar-Berg after they married, but during their pre-wedding interviews a few days before the wedding they revealed that they would not be living at Berg after all.

So they don't live in one of the traditional Luxemburgian palaces/castles? Interesting. Thanks for the info.

So they don't live in one of the traditional Luxemburgian palaces/castles? Interesting. Thanks for the info.

As did Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa in the first years after their marriage. They lived in a Villa at Heisdorf whioch was bought for them and moved into Fischbach Castle after the death of Grand Duchess Charlotte.

How popular is Stéphanie now in Luxembourg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom