The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 02-09-2011, 11:18 AM
Saschana's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Somewhere, Germany
Posts: 352
Like GEE-yohm

G (like in 'go') EE (like in 'see') Y (like in 'yes') OH (a long 'o' similar to the one in 'so') M (like in 'me')

Probably easier to hear Maria Teresa saying Guillaume, in this video at about 0:04
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-10-2011, 11:55 PM
monica17's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Little Baguio, Philippines
Posts: 820
HGD Guillaume is good-looking and he seems nice and good natured as well. Who does he resemble?

Some of his Bourbon-Parma ancestors were certainly good-looking... specifically Louis of Etruria, Charles II of Parma, and Charles III of Parma. As for his good nature and being nice, he does remind of another ancestor, Ferdinand of Parma!
__________________

__________________
Monica17

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-25-2011, 09:16 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Semarang, Indonesia
Posts: 8
Hi Monica17,

yes absolutely HGD Guillaume is ver handsome and it seems you know some information about his ancestors, do you have pictures of Ferdinand of Parma? please post it here and if you have new pic of HGD Guillaume post it also ^^
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-01-2011, 10:16 AM
monica17's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Little Baguio, Philippines
Posts: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellenouvanski View Post
Hi Monica17,

yes absolutely HGD Guillaume is ver handsome and it seems you know some information about his ancestors, do you have pictures of Ferdinand of Parma? please post it here and if you have new pic of HGD Guillaume post it also
Yes, I'm very interested in Guillaume's ancestors. I "forced" myself to read Italian just so....I've been researching on his Bourbon-Parma ancestors since 3 years ago. And I also keep in touch with (serious) historians about them. Hopefully, a new book will be written in the next few years about Guillaume's ancestors, Ferdinand of Parma and his wife Maria Amalia.

I do have a collection of the portraits of Guillaume's ancestors but I'm sorry I don't know how post pictures/portraits here! But if you send me a private message with your email address, I can send them to you.

You can find portraits of Ferdinand of Parma online. Just search for his name or its Italian equivalent.... Ferdinando Duca di Parma (that's Ferdinand, Duke of Parma). Ferdinand's wife was very pretty she was young, she was one of the daughters of Empress Maria Theresa. Ferdinand was quite big in physique and not tall but the comments of his contemporaries was that he had a quite handsome face, with very nice teeth. Butvery Bourbon-looking!

Back to Guillaume, he seems to resemble his father more than his mother? You may find new photos of Guillaume at the grand ducal family's (official) website.

Cheers!
__________________
Monica17

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-10-2012, 03:52 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hiawassee, United States
Posts: 620
Femal 1st born child of Guillaume & Stephanie

If their first child is born a female will she be the Heir ?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-10-2012, 03:55 PM
Lenora's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Riga, Latvia
Posts: 2,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndaW View Post
If their first child is born a female will she be the Heir ?
Yes, if it will be baby girl, she will be the heir. After changes were made to the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg’s succession laws that will abolish male preference – as is the current state – and will allow females equal rights to the throne as their male relatives.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-12-2012, 01:50 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hiawassee, United States
Posts: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
Yes, if it will be baby girl, she will be the heir. After changes were made to the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg’s succession laws that will abolish male preference – as is the current state – and will allow females equal rights to the throne as their male relatives.

I appreciate the answer...thanks

Where did the Royal family get their money..............and how does their personal finances compare to the other royal famalies
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-15-2012, 07:30 PM
claypoint2's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Cambridge, United States
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saschana View Post
Like GEE-yohm
Actually, Guillaume is pronounced more like gee-YOHM. The stress is on the last syllable, as in all French words. Foreign names (e.g., Maria Teresa) are an exception, but Guillaume is a French name. Speaking of Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, she is certainly fully fluent in French, but it is not her native language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica17 View Post
HGD Guillaume is good-looking and he seems nice and good natured as well. Who does he resemble?

Some of his Bourbon-Parma ancestors were certainly good-looking... specifically Louis of Etruria, Charles II of Parma, and Charles III of Parma. As for his good nature and being nice, he does remind of another ancestor, Ferdinand of Parma!
To me, he looks very Cuban, both in his coloring and his features. I think that he takes a great deal from his mother's side of the family, although there is also somewhat of a Bourbon-Parma resemblance!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-15-2012, 08:01 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by claypoint2 View Post
To me, he looks very Cuban, both in his coloring and his features. I think that he takes a great deal from his mother's side of the family, although there is also somewhat of a Bourbon-Parma resemblance!

You are absolutely right. He does have a very Cuban look about him [coloring and features], but he is, also, undeniably Henri's son. A lot of Germanic people have interesting eyes. I don't know how to describe them, but they are sort of squinty. I had a German friend who used to call them "German Chinese eyes." If you look at Henri and the late Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte's eyes, they had that interesting trait and Guillaume inherited that from Henri. Well, not just Guillaume, all of his siblings as well.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-16-2012, 12:08 AM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 4,919
Guillaume has almond shaped eyes. He is what is often described as "sloe-eyed". And his eyelashes are longer than those of most women I know including myself.

ITA Rayarena..if you look at video and photos of him as a baby they almost look Asian...except they are rather large.

He has the loveliest brown eyes I have ever seen on a man, quite frankly..indeed his fiancee told German television that his eyes are one of the things that made her fall in love.

Since Stephanie's eyes are large, blue and round it will be interesting to see who their children take after.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 10-16-2012, 08:46 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Guillaume has almond shaped eyes. He is what is often described as "sloe-eyed". And his eyelashes are longer than those of most women I know including myself.

ITA Rayarena..if you look at video and photos of him as a baby they almost look Asian...except they are rather large.

He has the loveliest brown eyes I have ever seen on a man, quite frankly..indeed his fiancee told German television that his eyes are one of the things that made her fall in love.

Since Stephanie's eyes are large, blue and round it will be interesting to see who their children take after.
Yes, I have pictures of him as a baby and indeed, he did look almost Asiatic due to his eyes--a trait as I have said that he shares with his late grandmother Josephine Charlotte and his father Henri. Regarding his future children and what they will look like, perhaps if we look at his nephews, his brother Louis's children, this might give us a hint at how they might possibly look like.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-06-2012, 03:09 PM
kathia_sophia's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South, Portugal
Posts: 1,724
does anyone knows more about their visit to China? like the days they're going, the visit program, etc...
ive been trying to find info about it
__________________
♫A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.♥
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-06-2012, 11:28 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 4,919
They are leaving for China on Nov26th and will be there until the 30th. They will visit four cities including Shanghai...I cannot remember the others.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-07-2012, 09:34 AM
Saschana's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Somewhere, Germany
Posts: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
does anyone knows more about their visit to China? like the days they're going, the visit program, etc...
ive been trying to find info about it
Luxembourg: Coming Up: Economic Mission to China
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-05-2012, 04:06 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: LONDON, United Kingdom
Posts: 803
I was happily looking at the wedding footage of this lovely couple when to my shock and horror I saw comments written on youtube about him. Cannot understand where this has come from. That he is gay etc etc why is this being said? Written under the wedding video by several different people. And was forced by his family to get married.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 12-05-2012, 05:10 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Orleans, United States
Posts: 1,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk
I was happily looking at the wedding footage of this lovely couple when to my shock and horror I saw comments written on youtube about him. Cannot understand where this has come from. That he is gay etc etc why is this being said? Written under the wedding video by several different people. And was forced by his family to get married.
Never read YouTube comments, especially if you value your sanity and stomach contents. There are all kinds of trolls and vermin and idiots and disgusting people that just post for kicks and giggles.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 12-05-2012, 05:32 PM
Dman's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 7,392
Yeah, you'll never understand why people write comments like that. It's best to not look at them.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 12-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Duchess of Durham's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Durham, United States
Posts: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
Never read YouTube comments, especially if you value your sanity and stomach contents. There are all kinds of trolls and vermin and idiots and disgusting people that just post for kicks and giggles.
I have pretty much given up reading any comments after anything as people write the most ridiculous things since they/we can hide behind a screen name. Yes, I see the irony that I just wrote that and I'm hiding behind a screen name.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 12-05-2012, 11:48 PM
Meraude's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: City on islands, Sweden
Posts: 1,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
Never read YouTube comments, especially if you value your sanity and stomach contents. There are all kinds of trolls and vermin and idiots and disgusting people that just post for kicks and giggles.
There have been the same speculations on this forum too about Guillaume, for example in this thread: HGD Guillaume: Relationship Musings and Suggestions due to the lack of known girlfriends. There have been the same kind of speculations about Philippe of Belgium and about Albert of Monaco, as far as I know it's just speculations, but people likes to speculate and the absence of girlfriends or lack of serious longtime relationships seems to make people suspect/assume that a male isn't interested in the opposite sex.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 12-06-2012, 12:56 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
There have been the same speculations on this forum too about Guillaume, for example in this thread: HGD Guillaume: Relationship Musings and Suggestions due to the lack of known girlfriends. There have been the same kind of speculations about Philippe of Belgium and about Albert of Monaco, as far as I know it's just speculations, but people likes to speculate and the absence of girlfriends or lack of serious longtime relationships seems to make people suspect/assume that a male isn't interested in the opposite sex.
Lack of girlfriends? Guillaume had a 2-3 year relationship with a relative to Queen Sonja of Norway.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
faq, guillaume luxembourg, hereditary grand duke guillaume


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Guillaume and Stéphanie: the Church Wedding Princess Robijn Major Royal Events 399 08-26-2014 09:00 PM
HGD Guillaume and HGD Stéphanie, Current Events 2 (October 2012 - May 2014) Princess Robijn Current Events Archive 416 05-13-2014 01:44 AM
Guillaume and Stéphanie: the Civil Wedding Princess Robijn Major Royal Events 75 04-15-2014 04:15 AM
HGD Guillaume and Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy, Current Events 1 (May-October 2012) JessRulz Current Events Archive 92 10-25-2012 03:48 PM




Popular Tags
belgium brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy germany grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven poland president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince daniel prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary queen fabiola queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:19 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]