The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-09-2018, 03:33 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

The topic of this thread are the current events of the HGD and HGDss. Let's focus on that and avoid speculation about what must be a rather sensative issue to those involved.

Further OT posts will be deleted without notice.

Old 12-14-2018, 03:04 PM
Administrator

Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie attended the award ceremony for the end of "De Mains De Maîtres" today, December 14:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** rtl gallery & video: Präisser fir de Claude Schmitz an d'Lea Schroeder **

** monarchie: Remise des prix décernés à l'occasion de l'exposition « De Mains De Maîtres » ** gallery **

Old 12-15-2018, 04:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Another gallery

RTL.lu - Déi neiste Fotogalerien - Präisiwwerreechung vum "De Mains De Maîtres" (14/12/18)
Old 12-19-2018, 02:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Article about "De Mains De Maîtres"

Stéphanie et Guillaume de Luxembourg, défenseurs de l'artisanat - Point de Vue
Old 02-18-2019, 04:29 PM
Commoner

why or what in London

Does anyone know where the HGD&D are living in the UK?

What mission are they one to be away from their home ? is this a permanent change for them?
Old 02-18-2019, 04:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think it's a year or two for HGD Gui to attend a school of some sort.

LaRae
Old 02-18-2019, 06:53 PM
Heir Apparent

It's a one year military school (more specifically, post-graduate training course at the Royal College of Defence Studies) for Guillaume in London.

Stephanie is using her time to brush up on her art-related knowledge by taking art history courses at the Sotheby's Institute, which will serve her well in several of her patronages.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:19 PM
Serene Highness

Is this the very reason why we are seeing Felix and Claire often in engagements with Gui and Steph and Henri and MT?

The Royal Fly®️
Old 06-05-2019, 01:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroyalfly View Post
Is this the very reason why we are seeing Felix and Claire often in engagements with Gui and Steph and Henri and MT?
Not sure I fully I understand your question. Guillaume en Stephanie have clearly been less available for royal activities this year and we've seen Felix and Claire slightly more.

It makes sense to keep Felix and Claire in the picture because as things stand now they will be the 'second couple' when Guillaume becomes Grand Duke; and their daughter Amalia will be the Grand Duchess at some point (maybe Felix will be grand duke but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't).
Old 06-05-2019, 09:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Hopefully we'll see more of Guillaume and Stephanie as their studies should be wrapping up soon.

Felix and Claire haven't had a significant increase in engagements. I'd say Alexandra has been seen more recently.
Old 06-06-2019, 11:58 AM
Serene Highness

Yes Princess Alexandra has been seen in some engagements this year too. Such a lovely woman.

The Royal Fly®️
Old 06-19-2019, 02:08 AM
Heir Apparent

The HGD couple with Romania's Ambassador to France at the 4th Révélations exhibition in May.

https://twitter.com/LucaNiculescu/st...17477547806720
Old 06-19-2019, 07:23 AM
Heir Apparent

A lot of Ambassadors are for Belgium and Luxembourg.
Nice Hed Couple !
Old 06-22-2019, 05:12 PM
Heir Apparent

The HGD couple attended a Luxembourg National Day celebration in London on June 19.

The tweeter got a photo of Guillaume and mentions Stephanie attended as well.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D9cZvvEW4AEQVvT.jpg
https://twitter.com/RehakLubomir/sta...09351778914304
Old 08-26-2019, 09:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
It makes sense to keep Felix and Claire in the picture because as things stand now they will be the 'second couple' when Guillaume becomes Grand Duke; and their daughter Amalia will be the Grand Duchess at some point (maybe Felix will be grand duke but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't).
I hope Stephanie and Guillaume will have a kid who will be one of the next Grand Duke or Grand Duchess.
Old 08-27-2019, 08:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieS View Post
I hope Stephanie and Guillaume will have a kid who will be one of the next Grand Duke or Grand Duchess.
It seems less likely with each passing year....

LaRae
Old 08-27-2019, 08:56 AM
Heir Apparent

We must not forget that it is tradition for monarchs to abdicate in Luxembourg. I believe that if Guillaume and Stephanie have no children (probably so) Princess Amalia will begin to be prepared as the future Grand Duchess, and consequently Felix and Claire will also be highlighted. But I believe that at this moment Guillaume and Stephanie have not given up hope of having a child.
Old 08-27-2019, 09:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
It seems less likely with each passing year....

LaRae
I know and I'm sad for them :-(
Old 08-27-2019, 09:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieS View Post
I know and I'm sad for them :-(
Yes I am as well..but it could still happen. They are only in their mid/late 30's I think.

LaRae
Old 08-27-2019, 09:29 AM
Nobility

Even if they never have a child there is no reason for Felix and Claire to be highlighted over Guillaume and Stephanie. They can still serve the people of Luxembourg well and leave their own mark on it.

If it become clear Felix then Amalia are Gui's heirs they will obviously start becoming more prepared but let's not skip over the HGD couple and what they are, should or will be doing in the future entirely.

Tags
current events, guillaume, hereditary grand duchess stéphanie, hereditary grand duke guillaume, stephanie