HGD Guillaume and HGD Stéphanie, Current Events 3: May 2014 - September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guillaume is looking more and more like his dad. Not a bad thing, as I think Henri is very handsome :)

On February 7th, the HGD couple had an audience with Professor Dieter Ferring and Dr. Isabelle Tournier of the Research Unit Integrative Research Unit on Social and Individual Development (INSIDE) of the University of Luxembourg.

The university’s CONNECT project aims to setup a web platform to improve care planning for people suffering from Alzheimer’s or related dementia. CONNECT is funded by money raised for the HGD couple’s wedding in 2012.

Audience au Palais Grand-Ducal : CONNECT - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Février 2017

Ah my favourite prince! I was so heartbroken and happy for him when he announced his engagement years ago. I haven't been back here since lol. Great to see him and his wife doing well!

Lovely pics and great support for the team :flowers:

Lovely photos, so great to see Guillaume and Stephanie at this wonderful event supporting the Luxembourgish team!:)

On April 2nd, HGD Guillaume and HGD Stephanie attended "Bauerenhaff an der Stad" organized by "Lëtzebuerger Landjugend a Jongbaueren asbl" in Luxembourg city to learn about current production methods and foodstuffs.

Le monde agricole s est invité dans la capitale

Lëtzebuerger Landjugend a Jongbaueren's Facebook photos

Luxemburger Wort - Vom Premierminister bekocht

Luxarazzi: Guillaume and Stéphanie Visit Farm in the City

ETA: Later, the HGD couple attended the 46th National Competition "Jonk Fuerscher" organized by Fondation Jeunes Scientifiques Luxembourg.

Luxarazzi: Guillaume and Stéphanie Support Young Scientists

Luxemburger Wort - Luxembourg's young scientists compete for 'Jonk Fuerscher' crown

Cour's links:
Visite du «Bauerenhaff an der Stad» - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Avril 2017

Concours national «Jonk Fuerscher» - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Avril 2017

Last edited:
Reactions: eya
The HGD couple will visit the west coast of the United States, with Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Economy Étienne Schneider, on an economic mission dedicated to the space sector April 9-13th.
  • April 10: Planetary Resources in Seattle
  • April 12: NASA Ames Research Center in Mountain View
  • April 13: SETI research institute in Mountain View
Mission économique dédiée au secteur spatial sur la côte ouest des États-Unis (09-13.04.2017) - gouvernement.lu // L’actualité du gouvernement du Luxembourg

https://twitter.com/Luxarazzi/status/850273138210332674

Reactions: eya
The Luxembourg delegation attended a VIP gathering at Seattle’s Space Needle and toured Plantary Resources on April 10th.
[…]
Luxembourg became a shareholder in Planetary Resources in November 2016.

Its investment was in the company and not a specific site or technology.

Crown Prince Guillaume, along with Deputy Prime Minister Etienne Schneider, other officials from Luxembourg's Ministry of Economy began the day at the Space Needle before heading to Planetary Resources.

"My wife and I think Seattle is a beautiful, innovative and dynamic city," Prince Guillaume said.
[…]
Luxembourg prince tours Redmond-based asteroid mining company | Q13 FOX News
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haOavLtdFok
A few photos at: Luxembourg sets sights on space resources, with Seattle as launching pad

ETA: RTL.lu - Wirtschaftsmissioun an den USA (10. Abrëll 2017) photos

Last edited:
They are great couple! Glad to see that they have each other. ^

On April 13th, the HGD couple and team finished their economic mission with a visit to SETI Institute in Mountain View, where they also got to try Facebook's virtual reality lenses Oculus Rift to explore the International Space Station.

Luxemburger Wort - "Ça a été une découverte!"

Also, the Wort article mentions the Minister of Economy's next activities which includes flying to Japan to finalize preparations for a state visit in the autumn.

ETA:
Mission économique aux États-Unis: day 4 | Paperjam News

RTL.lu - Missioun Spacemining: NASA Frontier Development Lab / SETI Institute (13. Abrëll 2017)

Last edited:
Great new interview with Guillaume and Stephanie in Paris Match. There are several photos of the two of them in their villa. They have what looks like a substantial library in their home. Stephanie says that they like to share everything, including their public appearances. Gui said that when they are home alone together they speak French, but when they are overseas and don't want to be understood by others they speak Luxembourgish. :lol:

Guillaume indicates that they like flying under the radar, it's a way of life in the Grand Duchy and it ensures privacy..

The interviewer even managed to sneak in a question about children..."Your Highnesses, what languages will your children speak?";) Guillaume answered that their children will speak French and Luxembourgish and "they will learn English and German at school".

They seem a very classy and "Royal" couple, but also down to earth, simple...and that's why I like reading about them.

http://www.parismatch.com/Royal-Blo...ourg-Coup-de-jeune-sur-le-Grand-Duche-1231895

Last edited:
Positive remarks

It is so nice to find a site where people are kind in their comments about this royal couple. I have recently been on another site and the commenters there do nothing but make horrible, horrible comments about this couple, but especially Stephanie. They denigrate her in the most awful ways. So thank you to the site moderators and also to the many people who post for being such good and kind people!

They're a great couple and I'm glad that they have each other for support in their future endeavors!

Paris Match posted another part of its interview with Guillaume and Stephanie.

Stéphanie de Luxembourg : "Toutes les petites filles rêvent de prince charmant"

Google translation

ETA: PressReader.com has Point de Vue’s articles on Guillaume and Stephanie. Appears to be focused on their support for the arts, such as “De Mains de Maîtres” exhibition in December. (Nice photos although I found the site a bit awkward. Scrolling horizontally instead of the usual vertical scrolling)

PressReader - Point de Vue: 2017-04-19 - Guillaume et Stéphanie de Luxembourg

PressReader - Point de Vue: 2017-04-19 - Épouser un prince, c'est aussi tomber amoureuse de son pays

Last edited:
After the success of "De Mains de Maîtres" exhibition in December, Luxembourg artists will showcase their artwork in the field of crafts at the "Révélations" exhibition at the Grand Palais in Paris May 3-8th.

9 Luxembourg artists, including a duo, will be part of the international exhibition "Le Banquet" which honors creators from 11 countries this year: Germany, Belgium, Chile, China, South Korea, France, Luxembourg, Russia, Senegal, Switzerland and Togo. The artists who will represent Luxembourg are:
  • Feyrouz Ashoura (stylist)
  • Tom Flick (stone sculptor)
  • Anne Claude Jeitz and Alain Calliste (glassmakers)
  • Tine Krumhorn (creator of cardboard furniture)
  • Carine Mertes (creator feuterère)
  • Pascale Seil (glass blower)
  • Wouter van der Vlugt (sculptor)
  • Ellen van der Woude (ceramist)
On May 3rd, HGD Guillaume and HGD Stephanie will attend the opening of "Révélations." On May 5th, the HGD couple will attend a soirée for the Luxembourgish team at 6pm.

Une sélection d’artistes luxembourgeois au salon "Révélations" au Grand Palais à Paris (03-08.05.2017) - gouvernement.lu // L’actualité du gouvernement du Luxembourg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom