HGD Guillaume and HGD Stéphanie, Current Events 3: May 2014 - September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if it's the quality of the photograph, but Stephanie's outfit is not becoming. I'm sure that its a very expensive designer dress, but it looks like something that you might buy at Walmart's. For one thing the fabric is wrinkled. It actually looks like one of those cheap cotton outfits that wrinkle after 30 minutes of wearing.

Some wonderful pictures from this visit. While I love the colour of Stephanie's outfit I agree that there is something awry with its fitting / material.

Yes, its definitely not becoming. It doesn't bring out the best in her. The outfit hugs her body in a very unflattering way. It's a bit strange because when her mother-in-law, Maria Teresa, was a newly wed she would dress so well and every other European crown princess/young queen dresses well [Mary Donaldson, Maxima Zurriega, Kate Middleton, etc...], but Stephanie has so many misses. And her hair is, also, unflattering. She just combed it to the back and tied it. Simple as that. Not very flattering at all. The impression that you get is that she was in a hurry and she put on the first outfit she could find and just pulled her hair back and tied and ran out the door. Meanwhile all of the other princesses look as if they put time and effort into their look.

OMG - Belgium is a tiny town. I had part of a team at work from there. They are very good-hearted people and the area is lovely! It's old glacier territory, so there is rich loam, rolling hills and a wonderful ecosystem for all kinds of critters, including dairy cows,
Cheese curds are probably the area's famous gustatory delight. They are a version of farmer's cheese, in odd shaped one inch lumps. Locally, you bread them and deep fry them. If they are fresh, the curds squeak on your teeth as you bite into them.
The area is now rife with organic beef as well.
Gosh, how I miss living around there. It is a great place in America. Do visit there if you ever get the chance. The people are so welcoming!

Reactions: eya
Breading cheese curds??? Barbarians:lol: Have to introduce these Wisconsin folks to the treasure that is Poutine :ROFLMAO:

Breading cheese curds??? Barbarians:lol: Have to introduce these Wisconsin folks to the treasure that is Poutine :ROFLMAO:
Breaded and deep fried - so lotsa fat! Happily, US Brew pubs in general have gone quite mad for Poutine! I have a friend who can argue with herself for a half an hour about how to pronounce it, though. :ROFLMAO:

Guillaume and Stéphanie will visit Schengen on May 28th to mark the 125th anniversary of the Luxembourg-Nassau dynasty.

Program on May 28 (Google translation)

13:00: ceremonies of the National Guard with numerous appointments.

14:00: Official reception of erbgroßherzoglichen pair in Schengen. Furthermore: Presentation by Pierre Even "The Luxembourg dynasty in the European context" on the Mosel ship MS Princesse Marie-Astrid and opening of the photo exhibition "Dynasty Luxembourg-Nassau" by Marc Schoentgen in cookhouse.

Luxemburger Wort - Historischer Besuch in Schengen

13:00: ceremonies of the National Guard with numerous appointments.

Not national guard but civil guard of the city of Weilburg in Hesse, Germany. The Luxembourgish rulers are members of the Weilburg branch of the House of Nassau. It's the first time the Bürgergarde is visiting Luxembourg officially. They were founded on the occasion of the wedding of Duke Wilhelm of Nassau (1792-1839) and Princess Louise of Saxe-Hildburghausen (1794-1825), parents of Grand Duke Adolph in 1813. Guillaume and Stéphanie were in Weilburg three years ago to mark their 200th anniversary. Their visit is the reason Guillaume and Stéphanie will be in Schengen on Saturday.

A bit of background info:
Luxarazzi: Luxarazzi 101: Bürgergarde Weilburg
Luxarazzi: Luxarazzi 101: The House of Nassau
Luxarazzi: Luxarazzi 101: The Duchy of Nassau (1806 - 1866)
Luxarazzi: (Not Only) Guillaume and Stéphanie in Weilburg

On June 30th, the HGD couple attended the 3rd European conference "Fair Mëllech" and received a prize of "Goldene Faironika", representing all the Luxembourg consumers. The project "D'fair Mellech" organized with diary farmers and “FAIRKOPERATIV LËTZEBUERG” aims to reconnect with consumers, providing detailed product information on health and quality. They also seek solidarity in demanding a fair price to cover the cost of production.

Photos at: https://www.facebook.com/www.fairmellech.lu

In the evening of July 1st, HGD Stéphanie and HGD Guillaume attended the opening of the Wim Delvoye exhibition at the MUDAM.

Luxemburger Wort - Vernissage der Wim Delvoye Ausstellung im Mudam

On July 2nd, the HGD couple attended the MUDAM's 10th anniversary celebration. The party goes from 11am Saturday to 6pm Sunday with performances by various artists.

Luxemburger Wort - Das Mudam feiert

PM Xavier Bettel takes a photo of the HGD couple:
https://twitter.com/FrancisVerquin/status/749257095439155200

Clips of Patti Smith performance:
https://www.facebook.com/mudamluxembourg/videos/vb.14917572726/10153669020132727/?type=2&theater
https://twitter.com/Xavier_Bettel/status/749256469028204544

More at:
https://twitter.com/Mudam
https://www.facebook.com/mudamluxembourg/

ETA:
Alles Gute zum Geburtstag, liebes Mudam! - volksfreund.de

Teenagergeburtstag mit Ausblick | Tageblatt

Last edited:
Luxemburger Wort has just announced that Felix and Claire are expecting another baby in the autumn. When I saw the news heading, "New baby expected in Luxembourg's Grand Ducal Court" my heart skipped a beat of joy and as I opened the link, I crossed my fingers in hope that it would say Guillaume and Stephanie. I admit, I was very disappointed when I saw that it was not. It must be tough on Guillaume and Stephanie who as the hereditary couple are expected to produce an heir. This will only underscore their inability [thus far] to have a baby. I hope that they don't end up like their great uncle and aunt, King Baldouin and Queen Fabiola who died childless.

It is not really an inability though. They have said in interviews they want a large family eventually but they are in no hurry to start one right away. They are making conscious choice then to be child free for now.

Do you think if they underwent a fertility treatment, they would publicly admit it?

Um... I don't think Stef was lying when she stated this. It is private choice a couple can and should make and not feel guilty about. The line is not going to die out if they make a choice to not procreate for awhile .Let's leave it there.

It is not really an inability though. They have said in interviews they want a large family eventually but they are in no hurry to start one right away. They are making conscious choice then to be child free for now.

I believe that it is an inability to have children. If I remember correctly, when they became engaged, the princely couple said that they wanted to wait three years to have a child, they are going on four years now. All of their contemporaries have had children. William and Kate are up to their second! It is Guillaume and Stephanie's overriding and unavoidable duty to produce an heir. That is their raison d'etre. Sadly, I don't believe that they remain childless by choice. Don't forget that they have enormous resources at their hands. They aren't like a struggling pair of commoners who have to put their lives on hold if they have children. Guillaume and Stephanie could go on with their royal duties and leave the children in the hands of an army of nurses and nannies. I suspect that there is much unspoken alarm at the Royal Court over this, but of course, we are not hearing about it as everything is being kept out of the eye of the public.

The comments of the hereditary grand ducal couple have been posted here.

To set the record straight, here are their comments about their future plans for a family which were published in Wort on the eve of their wedding:

You both come from families with a lot of children. What are your plans for having a family?

Stéphanie: Four, five children are a lot in today's world, to have eight children is very unusual. But it was the wish of my parents and as the youngest child, I am, of course, very happy because otherwise I wouldn't have been born. Though to be honest, eight children is a bit much. Nevertheless I would like to keep up the tradition of having a large family.

Guillaume: It's a positive to grow up with many siblings. We don't have an exact idea of how many children we would like. Time will tell.

Would you like to start your own family in the near future?

Stéphanie: That's a good question. I suppose, it depends how you define "near future". Within the next three years, yes. It's not a priority but it is important to us.

I don't think its clear cut that they can't have children just because they haven't yet. Bear in mind unlike Daniel of Sweden, Kate Middleton etc Stephanie has also had to get use to living in a new country (though yes she was probably quite familiar with Lux before she married). They said about three years and its now, what,four years so we can't assume there are problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom