The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-28-2016, 07:16 PM
Courtier

The HGD couple visited Cité Judiciaire on June 28th.
Luxemburger Wort - Guillaume und Stéphanie bei Gericht
Luxemburger Wort - Guillaume et Stéphanie à la Cité judiciaire
Luxarazzi: Guillaume and Stéphanie Visit the Cité Judiciaire

Old 06-30-2016, 03:10 PM
Courtier

On June 30th, the HGD couple attended the 3rd European conference "Fair Mëllech" and received a prize of "Goldene Faironika", representing all the Luxembourg consumers. The project "D'fair Mellech" organized with diary farmers and “FAIRKOPERATIV LËTZEBUERG” aims to reconnect with consumers, providing detailed product information on health and quality. They also seek solidarity in demanding a fair price to cover the cost of production.

Photos at: https://www.facebook.com/www.fairmellech.lu

Old 07-02-2016, 03:18 PM
Courtier

In the evening of July 1st, HGD Stéphanie and HGD Guillaume attended the opening of the Wim Delvoye exhibition at the MUDAM.

Luxemburger Wort - Vernissage der Wim Delvoye Ausstellung im Mudam

On July 2nd, the HGD couple attended the MUDAM's 10th anniversary celebration. The party goes from 11am Saturday to 6pm Sunday with performances by various artists.

Luxemburger Wort - Das Mudam feiert

PM Xavier Bettel takes a photo of the HGD couple:
https://twitter.com/FrancisVerquin/s...57095439155200

Clips of Patti Smith performance:
https://www.facebook.com/mudamluxemb...type=2&theater
https://twitter.com/Xavier_Bettel/st...56469028204544

More at:
https://twitter.com/Mudam
https://www.facebook.com/mudamluxembourg/

ETA:
Alles Gute zum Geburtstag, liebes Mudam! - volksfreund.de

Teenagergeburtstag mit Ausblick | Tageblatt
Old 07-04-2016, 08:12 AM
Aristocracy

Luxemburger Wort has just announced that Felix and Claire are expecting another baby in the autumn. When I saw the news heading, "New baby expected in Luxembourg's Grand Ducal Court" my heart skipped a beat of joy and as I opened the link, I crossed my fingers in hope that it would say Guillaume and Stephanie. I admit, I was very disappointed when I saw that it was not. It must be tough on Guillaume and Stephanie who as the hereditary couple are expected to produce an heir. This will only underscore their inability [thus far] to have a baby. I hope that they don't end up like their great uncle and aunt, King Baldouin and Queen Fabiola who died childless.
Old 07-04-2016, 08:18 AM
Serene Highness

It is not really an inability though. They have said in interviews they want a large family eventually but they are in no hurry to start one right away. They are making conscious choice then to be child free for now.
Old 07-04-2016, 08:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Do you think if they underwent a fertility treatment, they would publicly admit it?
Old 07-04-2016, 08:38 AM
Serene Highness

Um... I don't think Stef was lying when she stated this. It is private choice a couple can and should make and not feel guilty about. The line is not going to die out if they make a choice to not procreate for awhile .Let's leave it there.
Old 07-04-2016, 08:55 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
It is not really an inability though. They have said in interviews they want a large family eventually but they are in no hurry to start one right away. They are making conscious choice then to be child free for now.
I believe that it is an inability to have children. If I remember correctly, when they became engaged, the princely couple said that they wanted to wait three years to have a child, they are going on four years now. All of their contemporaries have had children. William and Kate are up to their second! It is Guillaume and Stephanie's overriding and unavoidable duty to produce an heir. That is their raison d'etre. Sadly, I don't believe that they remain childless by choice. Don't forget that they have enormous resources at their hands. They aren't like a struggling pair of commoners who have to put their lives on hold if they have children. Guillaume and Stephanie could go on with their royal duties and leave the children in the hands of an army of nurses and nannies. I suspect that there is much unspoken alarm at the Royal Court over this, but of course, we are not hearing about it as everything is being kept out of the eye of the public.
Old 07-04-2016, 09:57 AM
Nobility

The comments of the hereditary grand ducal couple have been posted here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy View Post
To set the record straight, here are their comments about their future plans for a family which were published in Wort on the eve of their wedding:

You both come from families with a lot of children. What are your plans for having a family?

Stéphanie: Four, five children are a lot in today's world, to have eight children is very unusual. But it was the wish of my parents and as the youngest child, I am, of course, very happy because otherwise I wouldn't have been born. Though to be honest, eight children is a bit much. Nevertheless I would like to keep up the tradition of having a large family.

Guillaume: It's a positive to grow up with many siblings. We don't have an exact idea of how many children we would like. Time will tell.

Would you like to start your own family in the near future?

Stéphanie: That's a good question. I suppose, it depends how you define "near future". Within the next three years, yes. It's not a priority but it is important to us.

Old 07-04-2016, 10:02 AM
Serene Highness

I don't think its clear cut that they can't have children just because they haven't yet. Bear in mind unlike Daniel of Sweden, Kate Middleton etc Stephanie has also had to get use to living in a new country (though yes she was probably quite familiar with Lux before she married). They said about three years and its now, what,four years so we can't assume there are problems.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:04 AM
Heir Apparent

There is no obligation to produce a heir. Of course things change when the royal line is not procreated, but in no time the House of Luxembourg will be overflooded with heirs anyway. Is it not from Prince Guillaume, then it is from his many siblings, uncles, aunts and cousins.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

The court will never say that Stephanie has difficulties to conceive.it is privat.
The interview took place before their wedding , she was 28, she was still young and could wait
But now, she is 32, it is not an old age but the biologic clock is running and a wife has not to wait a long time . they are married since soon 4 years.

All the brides who married in 2011 2012 have children, Kate, Charlene, Claire, Zara.
I remembered when the palace of Monaco announced that Charlene was pregnant, a lot of the people here said, we thought that they will have never children.
They were about to celebrat their three years of wedding.
I hope that there will not be a lot of pressure on the shoulderss of Stephanie and we will learn soon that she is pregnant.and that she will know the happiness of the motherhood
Old 07-04-2016, 12:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
The court will never say that Stephanie has difficulties to conceive.it is privat.
The interview took place before their wedding , she was 28, she was still young and could wait
But now, she is 32, it is not an old age but the biologic clock is running and a wife has not to wait a long time . they are married since soon 4 years.

All the brides who married in 2011 2012 have children, Kate, Charlene, Claire, Zara.
I remembered when the palace of Monaco announced that Charlene was pregnant, a lot of the people here said, we thought that they will have never children.
They were about to celebrat their three years of wedding.
I hope that there will not be a lot of pressure on the shoulderss of Stephanie and we will learn soon that she is pregnant.and that she will know the happiness of the motherhood
This is so true. Stephanie is still young, she is only 32, but her advancing age in my eyes highlights that their lack of children is not by choice. Keep in mind, if a woman is already 32 and she wants to have a large family as the hereditary couple have professed, even if she waits only one to two years between preganancies, she will be in her mid-forties by the time that she has her last child. While this is not unheard of [Stephanie was born when her mother was in her forties], the risk of problems like Down's Syndrome will increase. Everyone knows that and I'm sure that Guillaume and Stephanie who will probably not terminate a pregnancy if this occurs due to their Catholic faith know this too. I, therefore, believe that their childlessness is not by choice, unless they don't care about the risk.
Old 07-04-2016, 12:31 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayarena View Post
Luxemburger Wort has just announced that Felix and Claire are expecting another baby in the autumn. When I saw the news heading, "New baby expected in Luxembourg's Grand Ducal Court" my heart skipped a beat of joy and as I opened the link, I crossed my fingers in hope that it would say Guillaume and Stephanie. I admit, I was very disappointed when I saw that it was not. It must be tough on Guillaume and Stephanie who as the hereditary couple are expected to produce an heir. This will only underscore their inability [thus far] to have a baby. I hope that they don't end up like their great uncle and aunt, King Baldouin and Queen Fabiola who died childless.
i agree that this will potentially put pressure on them, but i see them as a happy couple just now and don't believe that they are having trouble conceiving. maybe they know what awaits them (a life of duty and service to the country) and want to enjoy a time without the responsibility of kids to top that up. who knows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayarena View Post
I believe that it is an inability to have children. If I remember correctly, when they became engaged, the princely couple said that they wanted to wait three years to have a child, they are going on four years now. All of their contemporaries have had children. William and Kate are up to their second! It is Guillaume and Stephanie's overriding and unavoidable duty to produce an heir. That is their raison d'etre. Sadly, I don't believe that they remain childless by choice. Don't forget that they have enormous resources at their hands. They aren't like a struggling pair of commoners who have to put their lives on hold if they have children. Guillaume and Stephanie could go on with their royal duties and leave the children in the hands of an army of nurses and nannies. I suspect that there is much unspoken alarm at the Royal Court over this, but of course, we are not hearing about it as everything is being kept out of the eye of the public.
yes, they quoted 3 years when they married, but maybe they have reassessed that now. stephanie is 32, so if they want to have a big family, like they mentioned back then, then probably they will start thinking about it soon, or maybe it is in the plans already. as you said, they have resources if they can't conceive naturally.

i also i read somewhere (i don't know how true this is) that royal brides marrying a heir are tested for their ability to conceive prior to announcing the engagement. it seems a bit harsh on the female, and i can't remember where i read it anymore, but it seems logical given their status and responsibilities. so i don't think there is any reason to panic yet - and besides, guillaume's siblings are having children of their own, so the line of succession is not being threatened. i guess today's announcement of felix and claire's second child just adds more certainty on that matter, as (i believe) amalia would become grand duchess in the future should guillaume and stephanie not have children, after felix.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-04-2016, 01:16 PM
Courtier

Vernissage de l'exposition de l'artiste Wim Delvoye - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Juillet 2016

10e anniversaire du Mudam - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Juillet 2016 (I wonder if there's video of Stephanie's speech...)

MUDAM: Le Mudam a 10 ans !

I feel odd as I'm not very concerned about the HGD couple's "childless" situation. They said they're willing to wait a few years and never specified a number of children. Perhaps they decided to delay parenthood a bit longer.
Another translation of the pre-wedding interviews mentioned "spirit of a large family."

'I've found my Prince Charming': Luxembourg's bride on how she fell in love with her fiancé
Old 07-04-2016, 02:49 PM
Aristocracy

Personally, I would love to hear they are expecting, just because I really like them. But, I'm not real worked up about the time, or even if they can or can't have kids. Grand Duke Henri certainly has a line of heirs if there would come a time that G&S could not have children. Only time will tell. It does keep me watching, though!
Old 07-04-2016, 03:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenJen View Post
Personally, I would love to hear they are expecting, just because I really like them. But, I'm not real worked up about the time, or even if they can or can't have kids. Grand Duke Henri certainly has a line of heirs if there would come a time that G&S could not have children. Only time will tell. It does keep me watching, though!
I agree with you! But in todays era with so much in fertilization treatments, hope they will not have any problems to conceive! But it is strange that after so many years of marriage she is not pregnant and she is not coming any younger
. I am sure it must difficult for her to ave all this family members getting pregnant and she doesn't........ assuming they are trying and she is not getting pregnant! wishing all the best!
Old 07-04-2016, 03:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Ya'll need to keep in mind they are Catholic...if they are very orthodox about their faith they won't take part in most of the fertility treatments out there.

LaRae
Old 07-05-2016, 01:39 PM
Courtier

A new rose was named for HGD Stéphanie. The HGD couple attended the baptism ceremony at the palace on July 5th.

S.A.R. la Grande-Duchesse Héritière a procédé au baptême d’une nouvelle rose au nom de "Princesse Stéphanie Grande-Duchesse Héritière de Luxembourg" - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Juillet 2016

RTL.lu - People - Nei Rous "Princesse Stéphanie" gouf elo gedeeft

Luxemburger Wort - Im Namen der Rose

2nd event: The HGD couple attended the official inauguration of the new building of the Bank and Savings Bank of the State (BCEE). The building was the former headquarters of Arbed, symbol of the steel industry and economic power.

Luxemburger Wort - Aus "Arbedsgebai" wird "19 Liberté"

Luxemburger Wort - Luxembourg bank unveils "19 Liberté"

L'essentiel Online - Du siège de l ARBED au «19 Liberté» de la BCEE - Luxembourg

Die BCEE zieht in 19 Liberté ein | Tageblatt
Old 07-05-2016, 11:47 PM
Majesty

Is there any video of the speech Stephanie made at the MUDAM event a few days ago? I'd love to see it.

Luxarazzi: Stéphanie and Guillaume Celebrate 10th Anniversary of MUDAM