The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-23-2014, 08:56 PM
Majesty

From what I have read on other Forums, Guillaume is the only member of the GD family(other than Tessy and GD Jean of course) who is truly at home in the Luxembourgish dialect. Henri rarely uses it, and in over 30 years as a member of the family I have never heard M-T speak it.

Good for Stephanie, that less than two years after her wedding she has apparently mastered this difficult language.

Old 06-23-2014, 09:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh I see, quite unique and dificult. Well done Stephanie

Old 06-24-2014, 12:04 AM
Courtier

I assume that Stephanie naturally has an ear for languages. According to Wikipedia, she's fluent in German, English and French. She has studied Russian too. Stephanie is certainly very talented.
Old 06-24-2014, 03:23 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
From what I have read on other Forums, Guillaume is the only member of the GD family(other than Tessy and GD Jean of course) who is truly at home in the Luxembourgish dialect. Henri rarely uses it, and in over 30 years as a member of the family I have never heard M-T speak it.

Good for Stephanie, that less than two years after her wedding she has apparently mastered this difficult language.
i find it strange that MT was never heard speaking in luxembourgish, in 30 years! i guess that brings brownie points to stephanie... :)
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-24-2014, 03:33 AM
Majesty

I won't say MT has never spoken it carlota. But I have never heard her speak anything other than French when she does public engagements.

She gave an interview years ago and said her son Guillaume would be the member of the family who would be thoroughly immersed in Luxembourgish. When Gui gives an interview in the Grand Duchy or when he speaks to people there, it's always the language he uses-no exceptions.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i find it strange that MT was never heard speaking in luxembourgish, in 30 years! i guess that brings brownie points to stephanie... :)
Maria Teresa does speak Luxembourgish and also gives interview in the language. However, she feels more comfortable speaking French and has also changed languages during an interview in the past to express her feelings better. The Grand Ducal Family generally is quite Francophile, I understand that French is actually the language the family speaks at home. A lot of people say that Guillaume is the first member of the family who speaks Luxembourgish like a Luxembourger does.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:53 PM
Serene Highness

The new photos of the couple are very pretty. But they could have been more decent with the photoshop

http://38.media.tumblr.com/de93d9f4d...4hko2_1280.png
http://38.media.tumblr.com/dcc14ec0e...4hko1_1280.png
http://38.media.tumblr.com/b602e60ab...4hko3_1280.png

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 06-24-2014, 05:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
I like the pictures.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:25 PM
Majesty

I like the photos too. Stephanie looks gorgeous. She seems to finally be coming out of her shell, it's great to see!

Photoshop used to bother me, but I have gotten used to it. Finding an official Royal photo these days that has not been photo shopped to the max is as rare a complete solar eclipse.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:27 PM
Majesty

those photos are simply great, i'm glad we have new official portraits! i think the GD family is jumping up at keeping up their image as of late, with official portraits being released of prince louis and tessy and family, of felix and claire and family and of the HGD couple all in the space of a couple of months. well done, i must say! i hope they keep them coming...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-24-2014, 11:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
I agree about the photoshop: particularly in the first of those photos Stephanie looks quite unnatural.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:45 PM
Nobility

They both look so great, specially Stephanie looks divine !!
Old 06-26-2014, 06:31 PM
Serene Highness

Royal court issues glamourous pictures of Guillaume and Stéphanie.

MONARCHIE:

LL.AA.RR. le Grand-Duc Héritier et la Grande-Duchesse Héritière - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Portraits
Old 06-26-2014, 06:40 PM
Aristocracy

Oh, I LOVE these pictures! Stephanie looks flawless!
Old 06-26-2014, 06:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh how I love that first one w/Guillaume laughing. Wouldn't you love to know was said just then ?

Gorgeous, gorgeous photos!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 06-26-2014, 07:31 PM
Courtier

Absolutely lovely pictures!
Old 06-26-2014, 07:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Photoshopped. This is too much.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-26-2014, 07:59 PM
Nobility

They make a very beautiful couple!
http://38.media.tumblr.com/de93d9f4d...4hko2_1280.png

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, . . . .
Old 06-26-2014, 11:40 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Photoshopped. This is too much.
They are, but all official Royal photographs are photoshopped now, some more than others. I'm afraid it's the wave of the future.

Still, these new photos are simply beautiful, imo.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

I love it when the European royals take these official pictures. I wish the British royals did this stuff more often.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS