HGD Guillaume and HGD Stéphanie, Current Events 3: May 2014 - September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a situation we are all wondering about, if we are honest. :flowers: The newspaper just said it out loud.

We hint about it on here every time a new photo comes out so of course media are going to write about. If they are having trouble starting a family it is really sad I know how heart breaking it is for those that are in this situation made worse when everyone is waiting for good news.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

If would be so sad if such an extraordinary couple and I say extraordinary because of their exquisite pedigree [the best of all the recent princely marriages] would end up childless. How ironic that the only royal marriage to such a noble lady as opposed to all of the commoner marriages would end up childless. I remember Guillaume and Stephanie stating that they would wait before having their first child, but they never said that they would wait three years. I distinctly remember that it wouldn't be such a long wait. In the event that Guillaume and Stephanie cannot have children, remember that it wouldn't be the first time that something of this nature has occurred in Guillaume's family. Look no farther than Guillaume's great uncle, King Baudoin of Belgium who never produced an heir.

^^King Baudoin and his wife Fabiola weren't infertile, however. As far as I remember, Queen Fabiola conceived five times but wasn't able to carry a child full-term. There's been no hint, no gossip, that Stephanie has ever been pregnant.

Last edited:
CountPrincessJava, thank you for that link. They said "within the next three years." That explains why articles such as this one are starting to appear. That mark was passed on September 2015. Weren't they married on September 2012? So, its been over three years and still no sign of a child. The curious thing is that they say that in keeping with tradition, they want to have a large family, yet, you would think that someone who is already in her thirties and wants to have a large family would start as early as possible, less she is going to be having children into her forties. Unless, she has one baby after another without waiting which she could do, but I'm not sure that is the best thing healthwise, not to mention all of her royal duties. Maria Teresa has five children, but she was only 24 when she got married and was thus able to space her pregnancies and still have all of her children before she reached the milestone of 40.

^ After Kate had been married a year and no signs of pregnancy there was talk and already a few articles in the tabloid press pointing out that the vast majority of the females in the BRF direct line had borne a child within a year of marriage.

True, but didn't William say that they planned to wait at least two years, to settle into the marriage? Then, they had George, and two years later Charlotte. All according to plan.

I don't know how long Guillaume and Stephanie intended to wait, but it seems a bit early to panic.

Besides, there are so many medical advances now that couples who were infertile in the past are now able to reproduce.

I'm not a follower of them but bear in mind she is still only 31 now, and 32 soon. It's not as if the clock is really ticking for her.

HGD Guillaume & HGD Stéphanie FAQ

William said in the engagement interview lets get through the wedding and then we will think about the kids. 2012 was super busy with William in the Falklands, Diamond Jubilee, Olympics, S Pacific Tour. So the baby making couldn't really start until after the September tour which is when it happened.

However, trying for something doesn't means it automatically happens.

It's a situation we are all wondering about, if we are honest. :flowers: The newspaper just said it out loud.

Very true indeed. Everyone is wondering about it. I know I'm always wondering when the news will come. It's 2016, perhaps this year!

My inlaws tried for 10 years (early 20's into early 30's age range) to have a child..no pregnancies at all. They gave up and went thru the process to adopt a child...about the time they received their adopted child my MIL found out she was pregnant! She went on to have 7 pregnancies over the next 10 years ..into her early 40's.

Sometimes things just happen and back then (my inlaws were born in the early 20's) they didn't know what they know now. Myself I think my MIL was so stressed about not getting pregnant it interfered somehow.

LaRae

I'm not a follower of them but bear in mind she is still only 31 now, and 32 soon. It's not as if the clock is really ticking for her.
Agreed. If she had a baby this year (say she is pregnant and too early to announce) she could have 4 children (with 2 years apart) by 38, 5 by 40. In modern times that is definitely considered a large family.

All the princely couples who married in the years 2011 and 2012 are parents now, even the queen of Bouthan who was very Young when she married is expecting a bhild for january 2016.
I remember the articles about Kate and specially about Charlene when they were not still pregnant. it was very painful to read these articles.
It was a miracle that no articles would not publish an article as such the article in the spanish tabloid .
Perhaps in 2016, we will learn a very good news

The media want them to have a baby because they want to sell papers, they reported on the wedding, the first month, the first year etc now the media's short attention span has turned to wanting them to have a baby to give them more stories to write. So until they do some parts of the media will write stories about why they haven't already had a baby.
We've been here with Victoria of Sweden and Charlene of Monaco and, to a lesser extent perhaps, all the other royal ladies after their weddings.
I'm sure they will start a family when they feel good and ready to do so

All the princely couples who married in the years 2011 and 2012 are parents now, even the queen of Bouthan who was very Young when she married is expecting a bhild for january 2016.
I remember the articles about Kate and specially about Charlene when they were not still pregnant. it was very painful to read these articles.
It was a miracle that no articles would not publish an article as such the article in the spanish tabloid .
Perhaps in 2016, we will learn a very good news

I think in part it has a lot to do with what is Lux? Luxembourg is not a well known country or monarchy. They don't make the news all that often and baby speculation wouldn't sell newspapers. Because of Grace, Monaco was put on the map, and her children's colorful lives have helped keep it there. The British monarchy is much the same.

The Queen of Bhutan is even further from the attention then Steph. Likely not a lot of non royal fans would even know there was one. Being 25 also likely helps Jetsun. When it comes to royals, people tend to forget people are having babies at older ages now.

Of the current CPs or queens Steph is right on line age wise with the exception of Mathilde. The only reason she stands out, she married younger then they did.

Mathilde- 28 with Elisabeth
Maxima- 32 with Catharina-Amalia
Mary- 33 with Christian
Victoria- 35 with Estelle
Kate- 31 with George
MM- nearly 31 with IA
Letizia- 33 with Leonor
Charlene- 36 with the twins

the first duty of Victoria of Sweden , Kate of Cambridge, Charlène of Monaco , St was to give a heir to the dynasty nothing else, what they could do was anything near this big event which was the birth of a heir, their people was waiting this birth which was very important for them. thie birth also legitimated these princesses as mothers of the heir and after the spare. It was a big pressure on their shoulders and we could not deny it
And it is also a pressure on Stéphanie of Luxembourg and the years passing the medias begin to writte such article about the fact Stéphanie is not still expecting, specially princesses as Madeleine and Sophia of Sweden who married after Stéphanie are already mother of two children for Madeleine and expecting for Sophia.
I really hope that Stéphanie will be soon expecting

the first duty of Victoria of Sweden , Kate of Cambridge, Charlène of Monaco , St was to give a heir to the dynasty nothing else, what they could do was anything near this big event which was the birth of a heir, their people was waiting this birth which was very important for them. thie birth also legitimated these princesses as mothers of the heir and after the spare. It was a big pressure on their shoulders and we could not deny it
And it is also a pressure on Stéphanie of Luxembourg and the years passing the medias begin to writte such article about the fact Stéphanie is not still expecting, specially princesses as Madeleine and Sophia of Sweden who married after Stéphanie are already mother of two children for Madeleine and expecting for Sophia.
I really hope that Stéphanie will be soon expecting

Um....how does Victoria fit in that list? Last I looked Vic doesn't require any legitimization of her place. She is the heir to the throne, not her husband. She isn't in the same place as someone like Kate or Charlene, who cemented their role as consort by having an heir.

Women tend to get the blame for not getting pregnant unfortunately. Victoria maybe less than someone who married into the royals but if she was childless nearing 40 with her sister having 2 kids quickly after her marriage and now with her brother and his wife expecting after wedding, the press would filled with speculation because she is the heir.

Yes, you are right for the princess Victoria of Sweden , she is the heir princess but she was like the princesses like Kate, Charlène , she had to give birth to a heir as first duty.

As she is a catholic I would have thought she would have had a baby before now considering the church's views on contraception. And the Catholic Church is against IVF which could make it difficult for her if she is having trouble getting pregnant

As she is a catholic I would have thought she would have had a baby before now considering the church's views on contraception. And the Catholic Church is against IVF which could make it difficult for her if she is having trouble getting pregnant

The Church does allow for the use of NFP in situations where there is a health/financial issue.

But as far as G&S go, I would guess there's a fertility issue going on with one of them. All the speculation and pressure won't help matters.

LaRae

Seriously, they have been married for ONLY three years. It's not like the Grand Ducal family are lacking heirs! Stephaniè is 31, even if the HGD Couple started having children at 35, they could still have half a dozen!

And I thought in 2016, most people are over the concept that a Crown Princess' sole purpose is to give birth to heirs!

They have 1 heir (of the younger generation)

And while it may seem outdated, so is the monarchy in so many ways. And yes carrying on the family line is part of that. 3 years is a long stretch for a royal marriage.

Again not saying its right, but the only thing that stopped talk sooner is the fact they aren't the most publically known monarchy.

It's not strange that people are starting to wonder about this. Guillaume is heir to the throne, and they are a catholic couple who have been married for over three years now, with no children in sight.

What I do hope is that everyone who wants to be a parent has the possibility to do so, including this couple. And I also hope that we in the future will have one or several brave royal couples who are able to talk openly about fertility issues. For some resaon, it seems like problems with fertility is still considered shameful, which is both strange and unneccesary. Maybe it would help if we had royals who spoke openly on the matter.

for me, the problem of fertility is not shameful but very painful

But I don't understand why persons are angry because we are commenting about this article

Stéphanie is the heir princess as Kate but the english people was worried when she was not expecting only one year after her wedding, monegash people was also worried when Charlene was not pregnant after only 2 years of wedding.and as I said even in 2016, all the heir princess or princess consort have the duty to conceive a heir for the continuty of the dynasty, there is not other manner to do a child; it is a shame or it is pity but it is the life

I hope that Stéphanie and Guillaume will have not some articles like the article published in the spanish glossip, it is their intimat life and a pressure on the shoulders of Stéphanie willl not be good for her

It's not strange that people are starting to wonder about this. Guillaume is heir to the throne, and they are a catholic couple who have been married for over three years now, with no children in sight.

What I do hope is that everyone who wants to be a parent has the possibility to do so, including this couple. And I also hope that we in the future will have one or several brave royal couples who are able to talk openly about fertility issues. For some resaon, it seems like problems with fertility is still considered shameful, which is both strange and unneccesary. Maybe it would help if we had royals who spoke openly on the matter.

It would help only if everyone would be ready to respect their own pathes and choices. If a royal couple chooses not to go through IVF and explain their very own reasons and reflexions, they should be allowed to speak openly about it without being criticized. I am speaking from my own experience. We have chosen not to go through IVF for the moment, maybe our mind will change later, and I have received harsh critics when I explained why and when I shared my own reflexions on the matter. It has been the opposite effect of what I was looking for when opening on the whole matter.

No one should be ashamed not being able to have children. It is a suffering, not a disgrace.

I believe the couple themself said at the time of the wedding, that there wouldn't be children yet the first years. So it is not surprising. And apparently they don't have problems with using contraception while being Catholic.

I think this is a terrible conversation to have; we don't know what is going on behind closed doors, fertility issues can be simply devastating for some people.

All I can say is I hope that Guillaume and Stephanie are able to have a family IF and WHEN they want one.

Seriously, they have been married for ONLY three years. It's not like the Grand Ducal family are lacking heirs! Stephaniè is 31, even if the HGD Couple started having children at 35, they could still have half a dozen!

And I thought in 2016, most people are over the concept that a Crown Princess' sole purpose is to give birth to heirs!

lol seriously! Like, dang! She's only 31! She has plenty of time to have children, if it should happen.

yikes.

It would help only if everyone would be ready to respect their own pathes and choices. If a royal couple chooses not to go through IVF and explain their very own reasons and reflexions, they should be allowed to speak openly about it without being criticized. I am speaking from my own experience. We have chosen not to go through IVF for the moment, maybe our mind will change later, and I have received harsh critics when I explained why and when I shared my own reflexions on the matter. It has been the opposite effect of what I was looking for when opening on the whole matter.

No one should be ashamed not being able to have children. It is a suffering, not a disgrace.

Thanks for sharing, Sancia. I hope everything works out for the best. And I so much agree - IVF and fertility issues are absolutely nothing to be ashamed of.

Just like you said, everyone has their own paths and choices. I have chosen to remain child free by choice, and I'm happy with that decision. I wish that everyone would be able to chose their own path without others having opinions about it. When it comes to a royal couple, I have a hard time imagine that they would chose to not have children, since it sort of comes with the job. That's part of what makes it so special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom