Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume will marry: April Fools?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michaella

Gentry
City
Shanghai
Country
China
Last night I received an e-mail from my cousin (whose husband is working for the Luxembourg government) in which she told me that there will be a special press-conference at the Grand Ducal Palace 'sometime later this week' ....!!
Now I am crossing my fingers and hoping for the news of an engagement..perhaps the Hereditary Grand Duke ??
With all the family-connections of the Luxembourg GD Family we would most certainly be seeing another lavish wedding with plenty of royal guests

From: royal weddinds message board , Posted by Marianne on 3/31/2009, 12:30 am

As much as it pains me to say it Marianne is actually a very reliable source. Although, the press conference could be concerning any number of things that are completely unrelated to a wedding. It could also be an engagement of one of children of Henri's sisters or even on of Prince Jean's older children.

I'm really not ready to see Guillaume or Felix come off the market just yet. It's actually sad to me. I do hope if it is one of them that they will be happy though.

It is also important to note that Marlene is also reporting that their will be an announcement from the GD palace this week. If you check royal musings note that there are about 4-5 April fools "news" items she has posted but this one is from earlier and is not an April Fool's post. Marlene is certainly well connected and reliable concerning items like this. So, now I guess we wait and see.

Well, both ladies have made April Fools jokes in earlier years, so I think it is safe to assume this is one of them too (as you say).

Marlene only ever posts April Fools jokes on April Fools day. She posted the info about the press conference earlier as did Marianne. I think it's safe to say it's not an April Fools joke from either of them, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Guillaume is still waiting to find me :nonono:

Marlene also posted on her blog that today the separation of Chalres and Camilly will be announced as will Máxima's pregnancy. I'm quiet sure that bot are April Fools.

Marlene tagged all her April Fool's jokes with AFD and they were posted on April 1st. The post about the announcement was not listed as such and was not posted on April 1st. However, I assure you nothing would make me happier to find out it was an AFD joke and that Guillaume and Felix are single waiting to cross my path.

I hope it's true! Sorry, Lalla Meriem...no offense...but it would be so nice to have a big royal wedding in Luxembourg! The romantic in me is already going all tingly. If there is a wedding, I think it's more likely to be Guillaume for the simple reason that he's older...of course we will only know for sure when/if this press conference materialises...The anticipation will kill me. :lol:

that's not a April Fools jokes . I hope it is true and reliable information,
look forward to the Royal wedding.​

Let's not run into any speculation until the "dreaded" press conference is held, please.
Besides, as the song goes, che sera, sera (what will be, will be).

...the future's not ours to see, que sera, sera...
However, Guillaume is 27, it's time for him to marry...when his father was 27, he yet got 3 sons!

...the future's not ours to see, que sera, sera...
However, Guillaume is 27, it's time for him to marry...when his father was 27, he yet got 3 sons!

When Henri was 27 Guillaume was the only child he and Maria Teresa had and little Felix didn't come around for 3 more years after that.

When Henri was 27 Guillaume was the only child he and Maria Teresa had and little Felix didn't come around for 3 more years after that.
Oh my God, I really don't know what strange calculation have I done...yes, Henri had only Guillaume when he was 27...Thanks, Lalla Meriem.
MAfan has not to post and calculate when is tired...

Well, when his father was 27, he yet got an Heir! So, it's time for Guillaume to marry...

I hope that the meeting is for another thing and not for the advertisement of a marriage, and if it is of a marriage that is of guillaume and not that of felix because I die, still it is not not sure at all,We have to expect to see, really already guillaume this one in the age of the marriage, but now all the princes in Europe get marry old, as Victory of Sweden.

For this reason I hope that felix waits for me ;)

You know, I actually thought it was standard to issue a press release or a statement announcing an engagement first then a few days later having a press conference/interview. I really haven't paid much attention. I usually read about the engagement then see the interview later on is it typical that everything would be done in one day? I'm certain if Guillaume or Felix were to be getting married The GD would have already informed the government of his consent which is what's causing all the "announcement" rumors.

Marlene has confirmed on the ERMB that her report of a forthcoming "major announcement" in Luxembourg this week is NOT an April Fools Joke report and is based on reliable sources.

I've been scanning the news and checking the royal circle online so I can be on top of it if indeed there is a major announcement coming. At least we have something Luxembourg to talk about things have been pretty quite lately.

Putting marriage and enagements aside for a minute....Could it be that maybe the major announcement is that notre cher Guillaume is abdicating, because he won't have executive powers, as he grew up thinking he would?
Just an idea, nobody bash my head in.

Putting marriage and enagements aside for a minute....Could it be that maybe the major announcement is that notre cher Guillaume is abdicating, because he won't have executive powers, as he grew up thinking he would?
Just an idea, nobody bash my head in.

I had a similar thought myself but for different reasons. My second thought after engagement was that Guillaume had "pulled a Louis" or done something else that would require he no longer be Hereditary Grand Duke. I don't think it's likely because he makes an excellent Hereditary Grand Duke and he takes his duty seriously. However, by all accounts he's only known the blonde Italian (you know the one in the short shorts with her bra exposed in her shirt) for less than a year which isn't exactly a long time to evaluate a potential consort of a future head of state, IMHO.

I wouldn't bash your head in. I think a lot of us had the same thought.

As LadyLeona says che sera, sera.

I just don't feel that we have engagement coming. But if source is correct it must be something important. Lets hope that it is not bad news.

However, by all accounts he's only known the blonde Italian (you know the one in the short shorts with her bra exposed in her shirt) for less than a year which isn't exactly a long time to evaluate a potential consort of a future head of state, IMHO.

So they seeing each other? I thought that all is nothing more than rumors :angel:

Marlene mention that Eric (don't remember his last name) made a hint about some handsome and well known prince and pretty aristocrat from Germany! But an hour later she took this update off! I have link on it, may i post it here?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a similar thought myself but for different reasons. My second thought after engagement was that Guillaume had "pulled a Louis" or done something else that would require he no longer be Hereditary Grand Duke. I don't think it's likely because he makes an excellent Hereditary Grand Duke and he takes his duty seriously. However, by all accounts he's only known the blonde Italian (you know the one in the short shorts with her bra exposed in her shirt) for less than a year which isn't exactly a long time to evaluate a potential consort of a future head of state, IMHO.

I wouldn't bash your head in. I think a lot of us had the same thought.

As LadyLeona says che sera, sera.

Are you talking about the blonde girl who was on the cover of "Promi" magazine a few months ago? I think that magazine is considered a tabloid and wouldn't consider them a reliable source. This is also the same magazine that declared every women who attended the Luxembourg/American dinner in New York a few months ago as a possible future grand duchess! I think it's simply too hard to tell who Guillaume (and Felix for the matter) is dating because their private lives are so private. I also hope that if there is an announcement that it is good news and not bad news.

I think all of us do agree that we also hope that it is nothing bad. As much as many of us would line up to be Guillaume's Hereditary Grand Duchess none of us would wish unhappiness upon him (or our dear Felix).

Yes they were just rumors that he was/is dating the blonde Italian (whom he hasn't even known a year apparently) but she's been the only person linked to him recently. Luxembourg is a small country and rumors circulate rather easily, but the average Luxembourger doesn't care who the Princes date. I only mentioned her to point out that perhaps Guillaume is single or at least not seriously involved with a women.

Marlene mention that Eric (don't remember his last name) made a hint about some handsome and well known prince and pretty aristocrat from Germany! But an hour later she took this update off! I have link on it, may i post it here?

Marlene stated on the ERMB that Eric had confirmed to her that his hints were actually an April Fools joke not to be taken seriously and are unrelated to the well placed info leaking out of Luxembourg like a busted pipe.

I said before that if Guillaume (or Felix) was to be getting married (or giving up rights or whatever else qualify as "major") that Henri would have to have informed the government of his consent/denial prior to an announcement which could indicate why so many rumors of a "major announcement" are coming from various people who are connected to government workers.

Seriously, I'm dying with anticipation already! I'm also glad to have an active conversation going about my favorite RF again after a quite period.

Although, we should all also consider that the government was supposed to be evaluating the constitution after the recent changes to Henri's power which could also lead to a major announcement.

Marlene stated on the ERMB that Eric had confirmed to her that his hints were actually an April Fools joke not to be taken seriously and are unrelated to the well placed info leaking out of Luxembourg like a busted pipe.

Thanx a lot:flowers:

Seriously, I'm dying with anticipation already!

So do I!!!!:) I guess i will spend the whole weekend around laptop :lol:

You know, I actually thought it was standard to issue a press release or a statement announcing an engagement first then a few days later having a press conference/interview.

Really like it and hope it's true:angel:

:ermm:

Maybe THAT'S the prank!
To keep us all wondering and worried about what it could be
then somebody is going to say "it's nothing so...APRIL FOOL'S!"
After all the expression isn't "April 1st fools"
:unsure:

I asked couple of my friends about "What it's gonna be?" So here is results :flowers:
5 people- "someone's joke"
3-something about GD Henri health, Felix, Tessy (maybe she is pregnant or will get title) etc
1-said "Maybe he is... you know? Like boys?" :eek: (about Guillaume)
1- Guillaume engagment

I remember someone did Taro reading about Guillaume (it was in 2006), it said "He is dating girl, but she is with him only because of his money and power! He is so in love!" Well 3 years from now, maybe she "got" him?

Sadly we are already talking about a gold digging fiancee while at the moment no announcement has been made and no information that we can verify has been released. This thread will remain closed until one or both of these factors will change. IF an engagement announcement will be released it would be appreciated if we could show modesty in judging people we don't know. Please feel free to start a new thread for such an announcement if this one has not been re-opened yet.

Regards,

the Luxembourg Moderators

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom