Guillaume's Relationship with Pia Haraldsen

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know Pia Haraldsen was Norway's Paris Hilton. I just thought she was rather tasteless sometimes...I'm getting a new impression of Guillaume, as the kind of guy who dates party-girls and Hilton types. But that would make him extremely good at keeping up appearances.

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
Considering there has only been one pic of him clubbing ever, I don't really think he is any sort of a playboy.

But if, as has been discussed in other threads, that there are strict laws in Luxembourg about the media following the Grand Ducal family around or the general world media not being interested much in this family, it could mean that Guillaume does go to clubs, but just doesn't have the misfortune of being photographed going in or out of them the way William and Harry have entering or leaving London pubs and bars.

The paparrazzi photos of him and Pia were taken, I believe, outside of Durham university.
Or are there others?

Its good that they have laws in luxembourg that protect the royal family from press intrusion....

MarleyAllison said:
The paparrazzi photos of him and Pia were taken, I believe, outside of Durham university.
Or are there others?

Was it Pia who was attracting the attention or Guillaume? I ask, because some one else noted how little attention this family gets ...even when Louis publically confirmed he would be a father. Pia on the other hand seems to get a lot. Maybe Guillaume's mistake was dating a girl too much in the public eye already. Perhaps his other girls are not as noticeable.

GreenLily said:
Was it Pia who was attracting the attention or Guillaume? I ask, because some one else noted how little attention this family gets ...even when Louis publically confirmed he would be a father. Pia on the other hand seems to get a lot. Maybe Guillaume's mistake was dating a girl too much in the public eye already. Perhaps his other girls are not as noticeable.

She was a nobody until she started dating him. After they broke up, she bascically made a career out of being his ex-girlfriend. It's so silly.

Even though the family does not recieve that much attention, she recieved even less attention before dating Guillaume.

Wasn't Pia, Queen Sonja's relative? So whom is he dating now?

Kelly said:
Wasn't Pia, Queen Sonja's relative? So whom is he dating now?

She is Queen Sonja's great-niece once removed [Queen Sonja's nephew married her mother- Pia was born from her mother's first marriage].
And to our knowledge he's still single. :)

I don't think Pia would have made it past Parlament. There's a special stipulation with some royalty and I was informed that Luxembourg has the stipulation. That if the decendent in line for the throne wants to propose to their girlfriend or boyfriend, the one being proposed to has to be okayed by parlament before they even get an engagement ring.

that girl is one in a million. but being in that million may or may not be good

He is man, so if she hasn't got a personality... I think, her body. By looking on new pictures of her she looks like fashion model- but with ugly face.
But as someone has told: "Love id blind." :D

OMG! She's such a clueless idiot! How can he even still be friends with her? Joining a religion just because it's "fashionable" is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. Unfortunately if she died her hair dark brunette she would look like one of my sisters. I'm not joking. I hope he finds someone a lot smarter.

Pia is a disgrace to norwegian people everywhere.
How could she talk about her relationship with Guillaume to the press like that.
The girl has no shame,
She truly is a paris hilton in the making...

Last edited:
I think when Guillaume meets girls now he must have his guard up.
he must be very weary of every girl who takes an interest in him!!!
Hope he does find true love one day with the right person..;)

mims111 said:
Thank you mims for the article links!

The last two are just articles from Norwegian press, from the days when Guillaume & Pia were still dating, talking about how Norway could get a future Crown Princess and Grand Duchess of Luxembourg.

The first link is a bit interesting, it's an interview with Pia. Maybe it's like she says, she's a made-by-the-media-celebrity in Norway (not famous for a talent or skill), which is quite common in other countries, but maybe not so much in Scandinavia. But I hate the way she's exploited her connection to the Norwegian Royal Family and Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume like she has, launching herself as a celebrity, doing a lot for attention, and taking the kind of jobs she has - were she can be in the limelight (editor of Norwegian Cosmopolitan, programme host of Shopaholic), which are jobs I doubt she would've gotten at all, if it weren't for her "fame status". And the only reason for her fame, from the start, is the royal connection... All one big messy, never-ending circle....

No words needed for this picture, I'd say :D

Photo by Lise Falch and Fredrik Arff vis www.spirit.no

The girl has absolutely no shame. I really hope she never reporduces. And I applaud guillaume for getting out of that relationship. She would have made a terrible Grand Duchess. Althought it would have been interesting to see how MT would handle it:rolleyes: .

Althought it would have been interesting to see how MT would handle it:rolleyes: .

I don't think MT would have let that happen...after all, doesn't the Grand Duke have to approve the marriage...and I'm sure MT would have had something to do with stopping it...if she didn't like Pia.

But maybe not. Do you remember how was late frand duchess against of her? And I read in interview with her, that she will always agree with choice of her children- if they will have someone from royal cirkles or not, beceause she remembers how was it with her. This she told. So a few years ago, when they were dating and if they would stay together... hallelujah! Now we wouldn't have- HGD Guillaume news and events part 10, but only HGD Guillaume and HGD Pia part 1... fortunately, Guillaume is really smart guy!
Anyway, thanks alot for your tranlating Grand Duchess! Good work!

Mathilde1286 said:
I don't think MT would have let that happen...after all, doesn't the Grand Duke have to approve the marriage...and I'm sure MT would have had something to do with stopping it...if she didn't like Pia.
Actually Parlament has to approve of the girl before he can even propose to the girl of his choice.

I think Pia has had other boyfriends that the press has reported on. Pia works for Norway's Cosmo and is considered a fashion expert. I think these three things and her ties to the Norway's royal family make her a celebrity in her country. I didn't like her because I think HGD Guillaume could do better.

I was just wondering if Guillaume likes to hang around girls who aren't very smart (like Pia) or was his relationship with Pia a mistake?

I think it was mistake... maybe his first relationship. But I hope, if he is now dating with someone, that girl will by more discret and intelligent like Pia.

vampireangel said:
I was just wondering if Guillaume likes to hang around girls who aren't very smart (like Pia) or was his relationship with Pia a mistake?

Don't know Guillaume seems to be a very private person. Hopefully it was a mistake because I think he could do much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom