The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-01-2009, 03:14 PM
Courtier

Wink Guillaume Finishes His Studies: July 2009

Guillaume Graduate at University of Angers in France!

wort.lu | Lëtzebuerg | Erbgroßherzog Guillaume beendet Studium

RTL.lu - National News - "Avec Mention": De Iefgroussherzog huet seng Uni gepackt

Old 07-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Congratulations to HGD Guillaume! Does anyone know what he plans to do now that he has graduated? Will he get a master's degree?

Old 07-01-2009, 08:05 PM
Commoner

Translate please! All I got out of the articles is that he is now licensed as a Political scientist..... which I take to be a "degree in political science"... help?
Old 07-01-2009, 11:11 PM
Aristocracy

on the web page said that guillaume completed their Studies successfully, has the title of "licensed" in political science. After finishing school in Switzerland before they started the training in the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst in United Kingdom.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:13 AM
Aristocracy

Congratulations to Guillaume I guess he will now settle down somewhere in Paris University of Angers connected with Catholic University of the West (not a surprise!) and encyclopedia says that Crown Princess Victoria graduated from CUW!
Old 07-02-2009, 08:06 AM
Courtier

Location: Trust me you've never heard of it..., United States
He has already completed his undergraduate degree in the UK. This licentiate is the equivalent of a masters degree which is why they are stating that he is finished with his studies now. Unless he intends to seek a PhD there is no further study necessary.

This is exactly what I was talking about in the Felix thread things about Guillaume are only ever mentioned after they are completed never before or during while things about Felix are always up-to-date as they happen or even before.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:43 AM
Heir Apparent

News Summary Royalblog.nl: Guillaume finishes studies with honours
Old 07-02-2009, 10:07 AM
Courtier

I'm glad to see that he completed his degree with honors this should explain his absence from several events in Luxembourg over the past year or so and put to rest all the comments that were made when he left Durham Uni. after his relationship with Pia.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:08 AM
Nobility

Congratulations to Guillaume
Old 07-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm confused. So where did he graduate his Political Science degree, in the UK or France? Is he going on to Sandhurst now or he's already been there?
Old 07-07-2009, 05:34 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchat View Post
I'm confused. So where did he graduate his Political Science degree, in the UK or France? Is he going on to Sandhurst now or he's already been there?
He finished all his studies Graduate in France (university, 2009), he's been in Sandhurst in 2002 (and in 2003?)
Old 07-07-2009, 11:35 AM

Wink Guillaume-complete his studies

I just find out that Prince Guillaume just complete his master studies. for more info you can check out at www.royalblog.nl

for prince guillaume congrats

ps: first it will show in Dutch lang, just click icon "news summary", it will appeared in English.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:36 PM
Nobility
Royal Blogger

I can't find it in the news summary, but I've found the article on the blog and even without a translator I don't think it's too hard to get the gist of. Anyway, congratulations to Guillaume!

EDIT: Actually, forget that, it is there, I just need new glasses: http://gpdhome.typepad.com/royalblog...-honours.html/

"Not everyone who chased the zebra caught it, but he who caught it, chased it" - South African proverb
Old 07-07-2009, 02:58 PM
Nobility

Does this mean he will start his royal duties as the Hereditary Grand duke? And/Or could we expect an Engagement Announcement soon?
Old 07-07-2009, 04:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Congratulations to Guillaume! I didn't realize that he was working on a master's degree. Good for him. His hard work and educational accomplishment will no doubt come in handy when he becomes Grand Duke in the future.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalla Meriem View Post
He has already completed his undergraduate degree in the UK. This licentiate is the equivalent of a masters degree which is why they are stating that he is finished with his studies now. Unless he intends to seek a PhD there is no further study necessary.

This is exactly what I was talking about in the Felix thread things about Guillaume are only ever mentioned after they are completed never before or during while things about Felix are always up-to-date as they happen or even before.

I wonder if it has something to do with the preference of the two brothers? Flix might be okay with up-to-date information being given out while Guillaume might prefer more privacy.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 07-07-2009, 06:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitefeatherz View Post
I wonder if it has something to do with the preference of the two brothers? Flix might be okay with up-to-date information being given out while Guillaume might prefer more privacy.
I'm sure you're probably correct on their preferences. Although, at one point I had come to suspect that Flix may have a hand in updating his own information. His information is always the most through and up-to-date. We always know where Flix is and rarely where anyone else is.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Littrell View Post
He finished all his studies Graduate in France (university, 2009), he's been in Sandhurst in 2002 (and in 2003?)
Thank you for clarifying Miss Littrell.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:47 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchat View Post
Thank you for clarifying Miss Littrell.
You're welcome

"Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume of Luxembourg finished his studies in political science at the university of Angers, France. He started his studies in 2002 in England, then studied in Switzerland, and since 2007 in France"
Old 07-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Littrell View Post
You're welcome

"Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume of Luxembourg finished his studies in political science at the university of Angers, France. He started his studies in 2002 in England, then studied in Switzerland, and since 2007 in France"
He completed his bachelors at Brunel University before heading to Switzerland and France (apparently).

Tags
education, hereditary grand duke guillaume