Guillaume and Stéphanie: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No royal cousins of Guillaume?

We can see them as "family of the Royal Family" as written on the list I think.
I also wouldn't be suprised if the older childern of princess Astrid and prince Lorenz would attend.

I think it is unlikely that none of them will attend, so it seems that the court left this out of the press release. According to Wort, also the siblings of GDss Maria Teresa will attend. The article also says that MT's parents will be there, which would be a miracle indeed since they are both dead.

Nice that they also invited Hélene Vestur, ex-wife of Prince Jean.

i don't think it's maria teresa's parents then. it may just be her brother and wife, and the newspaper got confused.

i think the cousins will obviously be in full attendance, i think they have omitted them in the list for simplicity only.

The Princess of Hannover!! I´m so excited, we haven´t seen her in a wedding for long!!!!!!:bounce:
Is she representing Monaco or Hanover?:ermm:

The Princess of Hannover!! I´m so excited, we haven´t seen her in a wedding for long!!!!!!:bounce:
Is she representing Monaco or Hanover?:ermm:
She can technically represent both, as Hereditary Princess of Monaco and Princess of Hanover.
I'd assume that she's Monaco's representative though.

She can technically represent both, as Hereditary Princess of Monaco and Princess of Hanover.
I'd assume that she's Monaco's representative though.
Yes, that's what caught my eye too. So that means no Albie and Charlene?

So Caroline will be in Luxembourg but not Albert and Charlene. I wonder what they have scheduled because it is unusual for Albert to miss a major event.

I am over the Moon that the ever elegant Princess of Hanover will represent her brother and his wife but I am wondering the same thing.

Guillaume was one of a handful of Royals who attended the scandal plagued Albert's(the reveal about Albert's fathering yet another child-this time with Nicole Coste had just taken place) Enthronement Ceremonies. He was also front and center at Albert's wedding.

Albert and Charlene were at William's wedding and he is not a direct heir. But they cannot manage to be at HGD Guillaume's?? :bang:

Someone mentioned that they have the Princess Grace Awards in NYC on 10/21/2012. Sorry but that is why jet airplane travel exists! Or why not send Caroline to NYC, while Albert/Charlene attend the nuptials of future Head of State Guillaume?

I am over the Moon that the ever elegant Princess of Hanover will represent her brother and his wife but I am wondering the same thing.

Guillaume was one of a handful of Royals who attended the scandal plagued Albert's(the reveal about Albert's fathering yet another child-this time with Nicole Coste had just taken place) Enthronement Ceremonies. He was also front and center at Albert's wedding.

Albert and Charlene were at William's wedding and he is not a direct heir. But they cannot manage to be at HGD Guillaume's?? :bang:

Someone mentioned that they have the Princess Grace Awards in NYC on 10/21/2012. Sorry but that is why jet airplane travel exists! Or why not send Caroline to NYC, while Albert/Charlene attend the nuptials of future Head of State Guillaume?

It is ashamed Albert and Charlene couldn't be there; but, I would enjoyed seeing Caroline there just fine.

I haven't seen her attend a major royal event in a long time.

I have to be honest I screamed with pure delight! when I saw Caroline's name on the list!!!! :clap: :dizzy: :heart: :flowers:

Serioulsy, IIRC she hasn't been to one of these since Danish Crown Prince Frederick married Mary Donaldson back in 2004 (8 years ago). I'll never forget that because that's when she wore the mysterious long-lost Brunswick Tiara (originally owned by Empress Josephine of France circa 1790's), shocking everyone, including moi! :w00t:

Caroline of Hanover | Brunswick Tiara onced owened by Josephine Empress of France

Caroline von Hannover mit dem Braunschweigische Diadem

Joséphine de Beauharnais - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Princess Caroline Pictures - Wedding Of Danish Crown Prince Frederik and Mary Donaldson - Zimbio

That said, if Albert & Charlene really do not show up I will be disappointed because they make a lovely couple, and also I've been spoilt seeing them at Victoria & Daniel's wedding, as well as Kate & William's.

If I had my wish I'd love to see Albert & Charlene representing Monaco (with Stephanie invited also) and Caroline as Hanover's representative (with one of her Hanoverian stepsons accompanying her, or even one of her daughters, one can dream, lol). :flowers: In fact I recall in the past Caroline showed up at a few high profile weddings with her Hanoverian husband, and her little brother Albert was there by himself representing Monaco. :)

IMHO enough time has passed since her unofficial split with Ernst-August that it's okay for Caroline to join high society again. Being a staunch Catholic herself, I believe Caroline will be married to Ernst till the bitter end, for better or worse, for better or worse...

I can't wait to see Caroline at the wedding. Not to mention what she'll be wearing and her tiara if tiara's will be worn to the ceremony.

As I was reading the list of guests I understood what the HRH means before a name but the others confused me ,especially the ones HHKKHH.Could someone clarify this for me,Thanks

I suppose it means Seine/Ihre Kaiserlich Königliche Hoheit which is German for His Her Imperial and Royal Highness. Was confused by it as well but I am pretty sure I am right. Google translation messed it up because of the HH instead of SI for SEINE and IHRE.

^^^^
The wedding ceremony is a morning event so there won't be tiaras for the ladies. We don't know yet if the gala the night before will be black tie and no tiaras (like WA & Maxima) or white tie & tiaras like in Scandinavia.

not alot of ME royals will attend only Jordan and Morocco it's pitty.
i am looking forward to see Princess Zaina of Jordan at the wedding that must be her first big event as Princess since her marriage into the JRF.
looking forward to see Princess Caroline too.

I have to be honest I screamed with pure delight! when I saw Caroline's name on the list!!!! :clap: :dizzy: :heart: :flowers:

Serioulsy, IIRC she hasn't been to one of these since Danish Crown Prince Frederick married Mary Donaldson back in 2004 (8 years ago). I'll never forget that because that's when she wore the mysterious long-lost Brunswick Tiara (originally owned by Empress Josephine of France circa 1790's), shocking everyone, including moi! :w00t:

Caroline of Hanover | Brunswick Tiara onced owened by Josephine Empress of France

Caroline von Hannover mit dem Braunschweigische Diadem

Joséphine de Beauharnais - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Princess Caroline Pictures - Wedding Of Danish Crown Prince Frederik and Mary Donaldson - Zimbio

That said, if Albert & Charlene really do not show up I will be disappointed because they make a lovely couple, and also I've been spoilt seeing them at Victoria & Daniel's wedding, as well as Kate & William's.

If I had my wish I'd love to see Albert & Charlene representing Monaco (with Stephanie invited also) and Caroline as Hanover's representative (with one of her Hanoverian stepsons accompanying her, or even one of her daughters, one can dream, lol). :flowers: In fact I recall in the past Caroline showed up at a few high profile weddings with her Hanoverian husband, and her little brother Albert was there by himself representing Monaco. :)

IMHO enough time has passed since her unofficial split with Ernst-August that it's okay for Caroline to join high society again. Being a staunch Catholic herself, I believe Caroline will be married to Ernst till the bitter end, for better or worse, for better or worse...

WHAT?!? P. Caroline will attend the wedding??? Hurrah! :clap: Oh i m so happy that she will attend and i m so looking forward to see her in all her elegance and glamour... And will she be there alone? Who will pair with her? One of her stepsons ( asuming that she ll be there representing the House of Hanover ) :sceptre: or one of her sons? Oh i would love to see her attending the cerimony with Andrea...
:castle2:

Prince Carl Phillip join Queen Silvia , CP Victoria and P.Daniel at Guillaume's wedding :)
Även prins Carl Philip åker till Luxemburg-bröllopet | Svensk Damtidning *** translation

Well, the Swedes will certainly be very well represented.
I say, the more royals the better: it's not as though we (royal watchers) have many of these occasions!

Guest list
Source Place Royale (according the webiste the list was provided by the Luxembourg court today)
Translated with google translate)
We might still have some surprise appearances: for instance, the guest list doesn't list Crown Prince Alexander II and Princess Katherine of Serbia, yet they are confirmed to attend the wedding.

HURRAY!!!! I have just now learned that Eduard Vermeulen(Natan) has confirmed that he is NOT the designer of Stephanie's bridal gown...what a relief!!! :D

lazuli, I was also thrilled to learn that my favorite Princess(Caroline) will be at the Luxembourg wedding. I still think it's bad form for Albert and Charlene not to be in attendance, but Caroline and Henri have been friends since childhood and I think she has a warm relationship with Maria Teresa as well.

And there is some even more exciting wedding news...NATAN IS NOT THE DESIGNER OF STEPHANIE'S WEDDING GOWN!!! :p

He has confirmed it to the Luxembourg media!! :ROFLMAO:

I wonder why the Serbian royal couple is not included in the guestlist provided by the LRF, but they are attending.

HURRAY!!!! I have just now learned that Eduard Vermeulen(Natan) has confirmed that he is NOT the designer of Stephanie's bridal gown...what a relief!!! :D
Now, that is good news:whistling:
I know that Natan has some fans out there, but I'm definitely not amoung them.

I also read it. I thinks he is very good in bridal wear, My favorite wedding dress, the one of princess Claire is natan's.

Natan will dress Maria Teresa, Alexandra, Tessy, Mathilde and Máxima for the occasion.

stephanievl said:
I also read it. I thinks he is very good in bridal wear, My favorite wedding dress, the one of princess Claire is natan's.

Natan will dress Maria Teresa, Alexandra, Tessy, Mathilde and Máxima for the occasion.

Noooooo. Doesn't he make them look bad enough? I wish they would stop giving him their money. Its just bad clothes happening to gorgeous women....praise baby jesus he's not dressing Stephanie.

Nice that he will not design the dress of Stéphanie, but a pity that we will have to see his clothes on so many other royal ladies. I can't imagine why they are such a fan of his clothes as they are usually not very flattering, badly tailored, ill fitting and of the shiniest fabrics. He does seem like a friendly man, but that shouldn't be a reason to wearing his creations.

I am happy to learn that Nathan wasn't chosen for the wedding dress.
But I am disappointed that so many other ladies including Maria Teresa had chosen him.For Maxima and mathilde this is not surprising at all :cool:
I can't imagine Tessy and Alexandra in Nathan creations.These two need more fashionable and youthful dresses
Elie Saab seems to be one of the favourite designer of Maria Teresa,I hope Stephanie has opted for him for her wedding dress.I can't forget the marvelous pre wedding dress of CP Victoria of Sweden.It's my all time favourite pre wedding dress.
Armani will be a good choice too.Princess Charlene wedding dress was gorgeous too

i dont know why the royal ladies choose Natan, his clothes arent the most interesting and flattering...so im glad Stephanie will wear another designer!

Elie Saab is one of my favourite designers, his creations are the most glamorous to my taste! another one that i like is Marchesa, i wonder why the royal ladies dont wear Marchesa creations, i think i only saw Madeleine's wear some dresses, too bad because many of my all-time favourite dresses are Marchesa's.

^im happy too!!! Natan's boring.
so my guess on her whole bridal clothes:
-Tiara (a Lannoy's tiara);
-Hair (an updoo),
-Veil (Guillaume's family veil);
-Jewels (new jewels, aka: necklace and earrings);
-Dress (YAY its not Natan!!!!! but i dont know who to guess, he was the obvious choice...);
-Shoes (Christian Loubotin shoes);
-Bouquet (Big bouquet like Maxima's and Mathilde's, i'll guess a Purple color attached)

thats it!!! for the design of the dress, i think she'll opt will a round dress and sleeves...

I am looking forward this wedding of the last Crown Prince in Europe whatever Countess Stephanie designer is and whatever tiara she will wear.
I am very impressed by such a Royal attendance , the Grand Ducal Court is popular.

Last edited:
I can picture her wearing a dress like Maxima or Mathilde's. Of course, she might suprise us!

maria-olivia, you are right, this is the last crown prince wedding in europe for a very long time. it just hit me. we will probably have to wait a loooong time till we see weddings of such grandeur. *sigh*

i am also secretly happy natan is not dressing stephanie :)

i'm keeping fingers crossed for the other ladies. i bet it will be fabienne delvigne creating the hats for the grand ducal family and even for maxima and mathilde.

^im happy too!!! Natan's boring.
so my guess on her whole bridal clothes:
-Tiara (a Lannoy's tiara);
-Hair (an updoo),
-Veil (Guillaume's family veil);
-Jewels (new jewels, aka: necklace and earrings);
-Dress (YAY its not Natan!!!!! but i dont know who to guess, he was the obvious choice...);
-Shoes (Christian Loubotin shoes);
-Bouquet (Big bouquet like Maxima's and Mathilde's, i'll guess a Purple color attached)

thats it!!! for the design of the dress, i think she'll opt will a round dress and sleeves...

According to her interviews last week she will wear her late mother's bridal veil.

And yes, I am almost certain that her very long blonde hair will be in an upsweep for the Church ceremony at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom