Guillaume and Stéphanie: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a shame that the Cambridges won't be attending but it's going to be a beautiful wedding anyway.

I really like their monogram.

I had not heard the Crown Princess of Japan was having any health problems so that is nor good to hear. Speedy recovery.
The Crown Princess has suffered from depression for many years now; Masako effectively withdrew from public life and only makes handful of appearances.
You can read more of that in this thread - Crown Princess Masako's adjustment disorder

Doesn't Stephanie look skinnier than ever in those new pics??

So now we have Hakoon and MM, Daniel and Victoria confirmed.
and Charlene was seen in Paris doing Haute couture dresses so I guess she and Albert are attending,, I guess Mary and Fred and going, no idea about Marie and her hubby (forgot his name).

I think she looks thinner because of her hair being down and straightened. I think she looks GREAT for a person who had ALOT on her plate.

i LOVE that the Norwegen royals are attending in full, i just wished that the Swedish royals could come full too, but im happy anyway for Victoria and Daniel only...

Maxima and WA will attend of course, as Guillaume is godfather of Ariane, but i not sure about Queen Beatrix and Prince Constanjin and Princess Laurentien but as both families are close, they might attend as well.

Charlene, Albert, Mary and Frederik will highly go as well, i think Marie and Joachim will stay on their homeland to be regent if Queen Margaret goes, if she doesnt go, then i think they might attend too.

althought Masako is more happy now than before, she will not attend, she kept away from this kind of thing since having depression. but im happy for Crown Prince Naruhito.

so its almost 100% that the Earl and Countess of Wessex will represent Great Britain. they alway attended this kind of affairs, so its not surprising.

Felipe and Letizia might go as well to represent Spain along with Queen Sofia.

the Belgian royals...we know that they all go...

now, for other royal houses, Princess Lalla Salma or Prince Moulay Rachid or Princess Lalla Meryem will probably represent Morocco. i wonder if the Sultan of Brunei will attend as well. Probably no Bhutan royals. and i wonder if Rania will go with her husband or if they'll send Queen Noor or other member of Jordanian royal family. Prince Alois and Princess Sophie will probably represent Liechenstein, and i expect to see some non-reigning houses like the Greek royal, Romanian royals, Bulgarian royals, Portuguese Duke and Duchess, etc...

im so freaking excited!!!!!!!!!

Charlene was seen in Paris doing Haute couture dresses so I guess she and Albert are attending...... Marie and her hubby (forgot his name).

Whilst it is likely she'll go, Charlene going on one shopping trip in Paris (of which you cannot tell what she bought) hardly proves she's going to the wedding.

Marie's husbands name is Joachim, he is a Prince of Denmark.

Stumbled on this article about the cost of the wedding, Cost of Luxembourg's royal wedding is revealed as excitement builds.

"They (The Grand Ducal Family) will be responsible for paying for the accommodation and travel arrangements of foreign guests, among whom are likely to be a glittering array of European royals."

Is it customary for the royal family throwing a royal wedding to pay for travel arrangement for foreign guests?

My guess is they mean travel within Luxembourg....cars or busses between hotels, the palace and the cathedral etc.

I so hope that we will be able to see the wedding here in the US. Our "media" is so totally ignorant of most of the European royals. They innundate us with info on political types and Hollywood types. There are tons of us who don't care at all about these self promoting "stars".
Anyway...hopefully, we will be able to see it somehow. I still look back to Victoria and Daniel's wedding as one of the most beautiful weddings ever. No thanks to any of our media sources.

I love their new monogram. It's beautiful and elegant. :wub:

I agree with Miss Byrd about the lamentable ignorance of the American media when it comes to European Royalty(unless they are named William, Catherine or Harry :ermm:)

But never mind. I will find an internet live feed and watch it live. I have not been so excited about a Royal Wedding in many years. Nothing will cause me to miss this. ;)

MissByrd said:
I so hope that we will be able to see the wedding here in the US. Our "media" is so totally ignorant of most of the European royals. They innundate us with info on political types and Hollywood types. There are tons of us who don't care at all about these self promoting "stars".
Anyway...hopefully, we will be able to see it somehow. I still look back to Victoria and Daniel's wedding as one of the most beautiful weddings ever. No thanks to any of our media sources.

This is so very true. I wish the media would take a break from the ugly pre-election hoopla, and classless behavior of the Kardashians (or whoever is dominating the 'See How Trashy I Am' scene), and give us a chance to view something decent that's happening on the world stage. Maybe the wedding won't be a top story,but it sure would give people a good reason to tune in to something that's happening beyond their backyard.

mmmm ... well we all wish that DariaS, but I do love these new photos and the dress Stephanie is wearing .. one of the very few dresses that colour I have really liked...

I agree with your sentiments. It's, however, sadly doubtful that it will be carried on US TV for anything more than a few seconds in the news on certain channels. "We're" only interested in the British royals here! [tongue-in-cheek]. Thank God for the Internet. As others have pointed out, we will be able to see it over live streaming on certain web sites. It's better than nothing.

Stumbled on this article about the cost of the wedding, Cost of Luxembourg's royal wedding is revealed as excitement builds.

"They (The Grand Ducal Family) will be responsible for paying for the accommodation and travel arrangements of foreign guests, among whom are likely to be a glittering array of European royals."

Is it customary for the royal family throwing a royal wedding to pay for travel arrangement for foreign guests?

This used to be the way it was done, for everyone. When I married in 1969, my parents arranged and paid for hotel accommodations and travel (unless by private car) for out-of-town guests. This isn't the case any more.

I agree with your sentiments. It's, however, sadly doubtful that it will be carried on US TV for anything more than a few seconds in the news on certain channels. "We're" only interested in the British royals here! [tongue-in-cheek]. Thank God for the Internet. As others have pointed out, we will be able to see it over live streaming on certain web sites. It's better than nothing.

I must agree!

(Frankly, I doubt that the majority of Americans could even find Luxembourg on a map, and I'd venture to say most have no clue that the country even has a ruling family! So, hoping for media coverage is futile, imo.)

But someone here will come through with pictures for us. :flowers:

But remember how it ended, two people virtually strangers before the wedding didn't made a happy marriage. (And Diana was not the only royal virgin bride whose marriage ended unhappily.)

One can never know, but I honestly don't see this happening with Guillaume and Stephanie, mostly because they are a low-profile couple . Also, both seem serious about their religion in the same way that the Royal Family of Belgium is, both staunch Catholics. Therefore I do not see divorce in their future, rather till death do they part like their parents' respective marriage(s). jmho. :flowers:

Here's wishing them a long happy healthy marriage with two children, as the world is overpopulated as is with 7 billion people, thus two babies is more than enough imho. Time to set an example. :)

Stephanie is a lovely young woman, and she looks very elegant in that hairdo and dress, but she more often than not looks so matronly. That dress just hangs down, no designs, no buttons, nothing but a long blue robe. In fact, it makes her look as if she's expecting. Surely, she could compromise, find an outfit fitting of a young aristocrat and royal bride-to-be and at the same time take advantage of her youthfulness. I remember the late Lady Diana Spencer and her many pictures with Charles. She seemed to find a nice balance that looked elegant and at the same time youthful.

I agree about the matronly look, but once again mine eyes see the same similarity with Lady Diana Spencer. Who can forget (those of us alive & cognizant at the time that is) the matronly ill-fitting black engagement dress she wore (see here: http://madameguillotine.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/princessdiana_v_13april2010_pa_b.jpg ), as well as the official engagement photo, wherein she too looked like she was expecting with her boobs sagging already: http://princessdianabookboutique.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/princess-diana-engagement.jpg

Lol, I remember at the time I could *not* believe that she was a teenager. No way I said. She looked like no teenager I had ever seen before, not like my eldest brother who was her age at the time nor anybody in my highschool. :ohmy: Seriously, she looked old beyond her years.

That all changed, however, on the day she got married. Ah, sweet magical memories. She had literally transformed into the quintessential fairy-tale princess, one I'll never forget, one-of-a-kind, all others will forever be compared with her in my mind, and always have been. :cool:

Anyhow, I see a similar transformation occuring in Countess Stephanie, as the wedding draws nearer she's looking better & better, slimmer, more youthful, but still that innocence is there, the same kind of innocence that Lady Diana Spencer had.

Here's hoping Stephanie takes care of her beautiful fair peaches & cream complexion, and avoids tanning at all costs, as that's what ruined Princess Diana's skin imho, especially after the divorce. :(

Love one another, hold tight, grow old together, that's my wish for Guillaume and Stephanie. :heartflower:

One can never know, but I honestly don't see this happening with Guillaume and Stephanie, mostly because they are a low-profile couple . Also, both seem serious about their religion in the same way that the Royal Family of Belgium is, both staunch Catholics. Therefore I do not see divorce in their future, rather till death do they part like their parents' respective marriage(s). jmho. :flowers:

Here's wishing them a long happy healthy marriage with two children, as the world is overpopulated as is with 7 billion people, thus two babies is more than enough imho. Time to set an example. :)

I agree about the matronly look, but once again mine eyes see the same similarity with Lady Diana Spencer. Who can forget (those of us alive & cognizant at the time that is) the matronly ill-fitting black engagement dress she wore (see here: http://madameguillotine.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/princessdiana_v_13april2010_pa_b.jpg ), as well as the official engagement photo, wherein she too looked like she was expecting with her boobs sagging already: http://princessdianabookboutique.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/princess-diana-engagement.jpg

Lol, I remember at the time I could *not* believe that she was a teenager. No way I said. She looked like no teenager I had ever seen before, not like my eldest brother who was her age at the time nor anybody in my highschool. :ohmy: Seriously, she looked old beyond her years.

That all changed, however, on the day she got married. Ah, sweet magical memories. She had literally transformed into the quintessential fairy-tale princess, one I'll never forget, one-of-a-kind, all others will forever be compared with her in my mind, and always have been. :cool:

Anyhow, I see a similar transformation occuring in Countess Stephanie, as the wedding draws nearer she's looking better & better, slimmer, more youthful, but still that innocence is there, the same kind of innocence that Lady Diana Spencer had.

Here's hoping Stephanie takes care of her beautiful fair peaches & cream complexion, and avoids tanning at all costs, as that's what ruined Princess Diana's skin imho, especially after the divorce. :(

Love one another, hold tight, grow old together, that's my wish for Guillaume and Stephanie. :heartflower:
OMG! I had forgotten about that horrible blue dress that made her bosom sag as if she were a much older woman! I guess I was thinking of some of the non-official pictures that were taken of Diana were she looked like a lovely, youthful creature. But then again, those were unofficial pictures. Interestingly enough, Maria Teresa always looked youthful even in her official engagement pictures. I don't know if its because M-T had a cherubic face with the little turned up nose and she was so petite, or if she just chose better designs?

One can never know, but I honestly don't see this happening with Guillaume and Stephanie, mostly because they are a low-profile couple . Also, both seem serious about their religion in the same way that the Royal Family of Belgium is, both staunch Catholics. Therefore I do not see divorce in their future, rather till death do they part like their parents' respective marriage(s). jmho.
I don't know (nor do I want to know) whether Stéphanie and/or Guillaume are virgins or not, and that is something that only matters to them. There are no longer any tradition or need to hang out the sheets for the wedding bed to prove (or disprove) a bride's virginity.

With the exceptions of Stéphanie appearing to be shy in those first photos' after the engagement, and being from a noble family, I don't see that many similarities to Diana. Charles and Diana hadn't had many opportunities of being alone and learn to know each others before their engagement, while Stéphanie and Guillaume have been dating for two years before they got engaged and have probably learned to know each others during those years. Stéphanie is almost ten years older than Diana was when she got engaged, and Stéphanie have more life experience than Diana had at the time, as she has studied and lived abroad. Stéphanie is more mature and she most likely has a more realistic view of what marriage means and what her role as a hereditary grand duchess will be, and what difficulties a life as a public person will bring.

as i thought, Queen Beatrix is attending as well as the Duke & Duchess of Braganza...
now the Danish could announce too, i wonder why not yet since they already updated some of their October engagements.

Speaking of Queen Beatrix, I have this month's Royals Magazine(France/Belgium) and it says that when Her Majesty made her State visit to Luxembourg on March20th, Guillaume and Stephanie were already secretly engaged.

I have always suspected that they became engaged either during his stint with the EU in Brusselsin Jan of this year or in February for Stephanie's birthday. :whistling:

In fact, Stephanie was in Luxembourg with her future in-laws for the State visit, and Guillaume took advantage of the occasion to introduce her to the Queen. Gui and Stephanie told Queen Beatrix that they wanted Princess Ariane to be in their wedding, but Queen B said the matter would need to be taken up with W-A and Maxima because apparently the child has some health issues(problems de sante anterieurs according to the publication)

Does anyone here know what that means? Thanks

Last edited:
Finnish MTV3 quotes swedish Expressen's paper version article:

Ulrika Näsholm from the court press department told to Expressen, that in addition to Victoria and Daniel, more members of the swedish royal family may attend the wedding. Also Carl Philip and Madeleine are invited.
- If more members of the royal family will be present at the wedding, we will update the events to our calendar, said Näsholm.

And Expressen tells also that Estelle travels with her parents, they will fly via Copenhagen. Estelle will not be at the church but according to Expressen she will be near her mother.
Estelle edustaa ensimmäistä kertaa ulkomailla - MTV3.fi - Viihde - Uutiset

Yes I do know what sante anterieurs means, and it's nothing serious but it could interfere with being in a wedding party, depending of course on how long the ceremony is, how much waiting around, how much excitement might set it off.

No word yet on the Wessex's attendence.

From Denmark the Regent Couple and the Crown Prince Couple will attend.

yes. it was reported by Billed Bladet that the danish court confirmed that the Queen and Henrik, and frederik and Mary will attend.
nothing on the royal calendar yet

Google Translate

And what about the monegasque princely family? Will the princely couple attend? And P. Caroline? I remember back in 1987 the crown couple of Luxemburg attending Monaco Grand Prix and i got the impression that there was some degree of friendship between the two families...

it will be a huge european royal gathering, just like Princess Victoria's wedding *remenbering the fairytale the wedding was*

they should announce more info about events before wedding, some engagements, pre-wedding gala's/dinners/concerts, civil ceremony...

Yes, it looks like there will be a very big royal turn out for this wedding.

I'm so excited .... Can't wait to see everyone --- the bride, too! :)

And what about the monegasque princely family? Will the princely couple attend? And P. Caroline? I remember back in 1987 the crown couple of Luxemburg attending Monaco Grand Prix and i got the impression that there was some degree of friendship between the two families...

Maria-Teresa and Henri attended Rainier's funeral, and Guillaume was present for all of Albert's enthronement celebrations. Guillaume was seated in the very front row for Albert and Charlene's wedding, in fact he can clearly be seen in video only feet away from Albert during the Mass.

Henri and MT were seated at the table of honor-the bride and groom's table-for the Gala dinner and ball the night of the wedding. Caroline was right next to Henri and I have seen photos of them chattering away. :p

In other words the two families are very close. I am 99.9% certain that Albert and Charlene will be at the wedding...as for Princess Caroline, I doubt it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom