Guillaume and Stéphanie: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that was one of a series of photos from the private de Lannoy family album released last April on the occasion of Stephanie's engagement.

My personal favorite is the one taken when she is about six months old. She is in her mother's arms grinning up at her while chewing at Countess Alix's necklace. It is so precious to see the look of total delight on the face of that baby, looking at her mama!:wub:

In fact most of Stephanie's baby pictures depict her smiling. She was utterly adorable as a child, as was her fiance Guillaume.

Their own children should be spectacular. :whistling:

Last edited:
Moonmaiden23 said:
Yes, that was one of a series of photos from the private de Lannoy family album released last April on the occasion of Stephanie's engagement.

My personal favorite is the one taken when she is about six months old. She is in her mother's arms grinning up at her while chewing at Countess Alix's necklace. It is so precious to see the look of total delight on the face of that baby, looking at her mama!:wub:

In fact most of Stephanie's baby pictures depict her smiling. She was utterly adorable as a child, as was her fiance Guillaume.

Their own children should be spectacular. :whistling:

Was a link to these pictures ever shared on this forum? I'd love to see them.

Here is a wonderful article that just came out in Hello Magazine entitled: "Ahead of the Luxembourg royal wedding: Memories of Grand Duke and Duchess, Henri and Maria Teresa's union." It's full of great pictures of Henri and Maria Teresa's engagement and wedding where one can she how absolutely lovely young Maria Teresa was. In my humble opinion, she was one of the prettier royal brides in recent history.

With a month to go until the Luxembourg royal wedding we remember the union of Grand Duke Henri and his wife Maria Teresa - hellomagazine.com

I agree!
She was very attractivewhen she was young.

(I was so surprised, I never expected that was the same woman, she looks so different now).

Last edited:
Duke-of-Earl said:
Does anyone know who will represent the BRF?

Nobody has been confirmed as attending from the BRF. There are rumours it will be William and Catherine.

Haven't those rumours already been denied?

Not publicly as far as I am aware. The official calender for the 20th October lists no one doing engagements except The Duke of Kent.

I think it's a given that it will be The Earl and Countess of Wessex, particularly if all the other "Crown Princely" couples will attend, as Edward and Sophie know them very well and have attended many of their weddings (Charlene and Albert's, Fred and Mary's, Mette-Marit and Haakon's, Willem and Maxima's, Martha-Louise and Ari's and Daniel and Victoria's to name a few.), and they are considered friends. Perhaps Charles and Camilla will go as well, as Prince Michael and Princess Michael attended Albert and Charlene's.

I believe the rumour of William and Catherine attending was made a rumour and it wa said that they would not be attending as they had other committments. No one on the BRF court circular is listed as going, and the only member with an engagement that day is The Duke of Kent.

I think it is only right that Edward and Sophie go, they have probably met Guillaume and perhaps know him slightly better than William and Catherine will ever know him. The Wessex's appear to have developed relationships with the other foreign Royals, and are considered friends. They are invited to family occasions (Willem 40th and Martha-Louise's 40th birthdays, and Sophie went to the Monaco Grand Prix with Albert and Charlene, even though they were private and not state occasions), and they are the only one's who greeted Daniel and Carl Philip when they walked past them at the Olympic's in 2012. They have forged good friendships, and the BRF would do well to allow them to keep this up, as it will enable Charles to have allies (if we can use that word) when he becomes King, thanks to his younger brother and sister-in-law's hard work. Even before he married Sophie, Edward attended many foreign Royal occasions and he can be seen with the other Prince's (Fred, Haakon and even Princess Victoria) at many state occasions prior to Sophie coming along. Edward attended Infanta Cristina's and he attended the 60th birthday celebrations for Haarold and Sonia in 1997. He was obviously sent as he was the youngest child of the Queen, and the one nearest the other attendees ages, however he has done a good job at keeping up the friendships.

I do have to say it is quite bad that the BRF only ever normally send one couple to represent them, when many other Royal families send their Monarch and heir-apparent, but it's how the BRF works.

Last edited:
What about Jordan , Morocco & the Gulf states?
I remember GD Maria Teresa attended prince Hamzah & princess Noor of Jordan`s wedding.

I think the Wessexs will be going although it wouldn't hurt for the Cambridges to start attending these kind of events too. Since the "Firm" is starting to slim down the Monarchy and putting forward the new faces of the royal family, it would be nice for William & Catherine to establish a relationship with their royal counterparts. The Wessexs do a pretty good job at this but I do think it's time for the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge to start establishing a relationship with other royals. Their teaming up with Crown Prince & Princess of Denmark was a good start.

I'm just looking forward to watching the coverage of the wedding. No doubt Stephanie will make a very beautiful bride.

Of all people, it should be Charles and Camilla making connections. William and Catherine should be making connections in a few years when their counterparts are of a decent age to talk properly.

Well, that's true it would be nice for the Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall to attend the royal wedding but lets not forget that Guillaume & Stephanie are around the same age as the Cambridges as well as Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel.

Whoever represent the British royal family at the wedding will do a good job and enjoy mingling with everyone at the wedding.

Although I don't think the attendence of the royal wedding have anything to do with age. If that was the case, al lot of the younger royals should've attended William & Catherine's wedding last year.

I think it's all down to who's invited and who's schedual will allow them to attend. Until a few years ago, Prince Charles used to attend foreign royal weddings but now the Queen usually send the Earl & Countess of Wessex. The Kents and Gloucesters also go to these things. I don't see any official engagements schedualed for Edward & Sophie during October 20th, so I'm thinking they will attend. I was just stating that I think it's time for the Cambridges to establish a relationship with their young royal counterparts and attending Guillaume & Stephanie's wedding would've been great.

I bet a lot of people of the Belgium Royal familly will attend. But princess Astrid's children too?

Norway will be represented at the wedding by King Harald, Queen Sonja, Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, Princess Märtha Louise and Ari Behn, according to the Norwegian Royal Court's information chief, Sven Gjeruldsen.

Hele kongefamilien drar til Luxembourg - VG Nett om Kongehuset

Is there any particular reason for such a strong showing from the Norwegians or is this common for so many members to attend a wedding?

Is there any particular reason for such a strong showing from the Norwegians or is this common for so many members to attend a wedding?
Continental royal weddings, unlike British ones, seem to a case of bring the whole family along. The Norwegians are also related to the Luxembourgs through Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte who I think was 2nd cousin to King Harold.

Continental royal weddings, unlike British ones, seem to a case of bring the whole family along. The Norwegians are also related to the Luxembourgs through Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte who I think was 2nd cousin to King Harold.

Ah okay. Thanks, I didn't know that

Although I don't think the attendence of the royal wedding have anything to do with age. If that was the case, al lot of the younger royals should've attended William & Catherine's wedding last year.

I think it's all down to who's invited and who's schedual will allow them to attend. Until a few years ago, Prince Charles used to attend foreign royal weddings but now the Queen usually send the Earl & Countess of Wessex. The Kents and Gloucesters also go to these things. I don't see any official engagements schedualed for Edward & Sophie during October 20th, so I'm thinking they will attend. I was just stating that I think it's time for the Cambridges to establish a relationship with their young royal counterparts and attending Guillaume & Stephanie's wedding would've been great.

William and Catherine's wedding was a different ball game, with William not being heir it wasn't a state occasion and therefore there were more friends and family than royals.
Usually royal invites are addressed to the The Monarch, and they either go themselves or send someone to represent them. Charles has, I think, only ever Prince Felipe of Spains wedding in 2004.
On 20th October, a Saturday btw, nobody except The Duke of Kent are doing engagements so anyone could go.

Also- if you wish to add more to a previous post, you can add to it by editing it without creating a whole new post.

Charles along with the Wessexes also attended Haakons wedding in 2001.

William and Catherine's wedding was a different ball game, with William not being heir it wasn't a state occasion and therefore there were more friends and family than royals.
Usually royal invites are addressed to the The Monarch, and they either go themselves or send someone to represent them. Charles has, I think, only ever Prince Felipe of Spains wedding in 2004.
On 20th October, a Saturday btw, nobody except The Duke of Kent are doing engagements so anyone could go.

Also- if you wish to add more to a previous post, you can add to it by editing it without creating a whole new post.

Charles also attended Willem-Alexander and Maxima's wedding in 2002 along with Edward and Sophie. But I believe those are the only 2 recent weddings he has attended, it was usually Edward sent. I think they perhaps sent him as he was young and maybe he could have found a nice Princess at the weddings!

Charles along with the Wessexes also attended Haakons wedding in 2001.

I got it wrong, he's only attended Haakons and WAs and not Felipes. Thank you. :flowers:

Last edited:
Did Charles attend Haakon's with the Wessex's too? That means he has attended 3, not bad for Charlie boy. I was looking up images to see if Charles was there and saw Edward and Sophie also went to Prince Constantijn & Larentien's wedding in 2001. They love a good wedding that pair!

I am sure it was 2004 that the Queen sent all her children to various weddings as there were so many taking place that year. Edward and Sophie went to Fred and Mary's, Charles was at Felipe and Letizia's and I am sure Andrew was sent somewhere too.

Anyway, back on topic. I am looking forward to this wedding!

Last edited:
will the wedding have the same dress code tradition as Prinsjesdag in The Netherlands? i think i saw long dresses and hats for Henri and Maria Teresa's wedding.
its quite a diferent and nice tradition, and if they follow it, i will not be surprised as the Luxembourg royal family came from the Dutch royals in the past. (hence many similiar traditions)

Does anyone know on what 'scale' this wedding will be. Will there be as many people as William's and Catherine's (1900 people) or on a smaller scale ,like CP Victoria's or CP Fred's?

I think they perhaps sent him as he was young and maybe he could have found a nice Princess at the weddings!

Do you mean Edward was sent because he was young or Charles? Because the first CP wedding was Philippe of Belgium in 1999 and Edward was already married.

Did Charles attend Haakon's with the Wessex's too? That means he has attended 3, not bad for Charlie boy. I was looking up images to see if Charles was there and saw Edward and Sophie also went to Prince Constantijn & Larentien's wedding in 2001. They love a good wedding that pair!

I am sure it was 2004 that the Queen sent all her children to various weddings as there were so many taking place that year. Edward and Sophie went to Fred and Mary's, Charles was at Felipe and Letizia's and I am sure Andrew was sent somewhere too.

Anyway, back on topic. I am looking forward to this wedding!

Charles went to Haakon's, Willem's and Felipe's, I can't find him in any pictures for Constantijn's wedding. I don't know if Andrew attended a wedding and I can't remember who else got married.

I will get back on topic too: Of course I'm very interested to see the guests but mainly the dress. I'm a sucker for a dress me. :lol:

will the wedding have the same dress code tradition as Prinsjesdag in The Netherlands? i think i saw long dresses and hats for Henri and Maria Teresa's wedding.
its quite a diferent and nice tradition, and if they follow it, i will not be surprised as the Luxembourg royal family came from the Dutch royals in the past. (hence many similiar traditions)

By the looks of the pictures in the wedding thread, the guests wore hats, smart suits, dresses with matching coats for the ladies. No tiaras or long gowns.

Does anyone know on what 'scale' this wedding will be. Will there be as many people as William's and Catherine's (1900 people) or on a smaller scale ,like CP Victoria's or CP Fred's?

They weren't that much smaller, but being a quiet country I doubt we're going to see a spectacle in Luxembourg.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom