Guillaume and Stéphanie: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Court has not and probably will not issue any info regarding who will attend the bride.

We won't know under the morning of the ceremony.

Will the TV coverage still go ahead. ? Is it possible that Stephanie, given the loss of her mother, might find it a bit too intrusive on this day of mixed emotions. ?
I doubt that there is an option not to show the wedding, the people of Luxembourg will want to see the wedding of their hereditary grand duke, and do remember that royal funerals have been televised. It's possible that there will be changes made in planned camera positions to make it less intrusive, but that's a discussion the broadcasting company will have to take with the LRF.

what channels are gonna air the wedding? or haven't they all confirmed yet?!

I doubt that there is an option not to show the wedding, the people of Luxembourg will want to see the wedding of their hereditary grand duke, and do remember that royal funerals have been televised. It's possible that there will be changes made in planned camera positions to make it less intrusive, but that's a discussion the broadcasting company will have to take with the LRF.

Excellent points, Meraude. I think that you are right in what you say. :flowers:

what channels are gonna air the wedding? or haven't they all confirmed yet?!

Only France 2 and of course, RTL, has confirm that they will air the wedding. RTL will have the wedding in their livestream page for those who don't live in Luxembourg.

As long as I get to see it somewhere...even online...I am happy!

I'm also looking forward to seeing the wedding online. Do anyone know what time the coverage will start? or that hasn't been worked out yet?

Thanks guys for letting me know.

Are his 2 nephews going to be pageboys?

Or maybe his sister a bridesmaid?

Noah and Gabriel of Belgium are his godsons, so maybe they will be both pageboys :)

I think the belgian family would be there, because 6 weeks just before the wedding, Belgian people are obligated to vote. Of course, they can vote on the embassy, but they could kill two birds with one stone and go to Belgium for both occasions :)

Last edited:
Noah and Gabriel of Belgium are his godsons, so maybe they will be both pageboys :)
Not both; only Noah is his godson - Gabriel's godfather is his maternal uncle, Ronny Antony.

Not both; only Noah is his godson - Gabriel's godfather is his maternal uncle, Ronny Antony.

I meant Gabriel of Belgium, but I was wrong, it's Emmanuel of Belgium, my excuses :flowers:

There is a very sad story in the deluge of books that were written in the wake of the breakdown of the marriage of the Prince and Princess of Wales about Prince Charles setting up a huge bonfire at Highgrove and burning many of the unwanted wedding gifts he and Diana had received.

Even a custom made rocking horse that Ronald and Nancy Reagan had sent to Prince William was consigned to the flames. :sad:

My point is that the charitable foundations set up by engaged Royal couples actually accomplish two valuable things...they save the couple from the awkwardness of having to deal with gifts they do not want or like-let alone the waste of them-and they also pour $$$ into projects that assist people in dire straits in their own countries.

It's a wonderful thing to do, and I love it. And it seems especially perfect for Guillaume and Stephanie, who I suspect are going to be very much a hardworking and socially responsible young Royal couple.

We have all given away or in some way disposed of things we don't want. Whether they go up in flames or are sold for charitable reasons doesn't really matter. A gift is something given with no strings attached. Nothing wrong with a bonfire or selling Grandmother's silver.

In any event, I think G & S will accept wedding gifts. Don't know why, but I think they will.

Last edited:
I for one am glad that William and Catherine are not representing the British Royals, mainly because with Catherine's presence, the press will be all over her and not the bride. No doubt Edward and Sophie will go as the usual attendees, or Camilla and Charles.

Given that William and Kate are undertaking a major multi-nation overseas tour in the next couple of weeks, it's hardly surprising that they won't be attending. William does still have to fulfil his work commitments with the RAF, as we saw when he was unable to attend any of the 2nd week of the Olympics.

Charles and Camilla, on the other hand, have been on holiday for the last month and more, so they'd be an option.

Last edited:
I actually wished the Cambridges were going to the wedding. I think it would've been great to see the younger generation of British Royals represent the Queen at foriegn royal family gatherings. I like the Wessex's going to these events but I do think William & Catherine's attendence would've been great to.

Molly2101, I really don't think William & Catherine would've taken the attention from Guillaume & Stephanie. The press will focusing on all the royal women who will be attending the wedding because it's most likely going to be a big royal turn out.

I'm betting it will be Edward and Sophie, because it usually is.
I don't know if that's because they are the only ones interested in going, or because they are more or less assigned to attend certain functions.

Well, the Prince of Wales have been to foreign royal weddings in the past but since he and the Duchess of Cornwall got married, they haven't gone to any foreign royal weddings or events.

The Wessex's do a pretty good job at representing The Queen and royal family at events like this. If the Wessex's not able to go, we usually see the Kents or Gloucester's. I think The Queen try her best to give her extended family important roles to play but with the new vision The Queen and royal family is taking now on bringing forward the new faces of the "Firm", which is the Waleses and Cambridges, I think at some point we will see them step up more.

Molly2101, I really don't think William & Catherine would've taken the attention from Guillaume & Stephanie. The press will focusing on all the royal women who will be attending the wedding because it's most likely going to be a big royal turn out.

I, for one, am happy that the Cambridges are not attending. If anyone should be attending the wedding is should be the heir to the throne himself, Prince Charles.

I think you're naive if you think Catherine will not steal the spotlight from the bride. At every engagements that Catherine have attended, she has always stole the spotlight. It will be no different if she were to go to the wedding.

MidnightSonatta, there's no doubt that the media will pay some attention to Catherine if she was going to the wedding but no one is going to steal the limelight away from the future Heads of State.

I know the media like to focus on Catherine's wardrobe but I think everyone have to get used to the fact that William & Catherine will be attending some very high profile events as senior members of the royal family. They can't control the media's attention. All they can do is focus on the purpose of their attendence.

Even though the Cambridges won't be attending the royal wedding, you better bet the media will focus not only on Guillaume & Stephanie but all the other royals who are attending.

If the Cambridges were to attend the wedding, I have no doubt that other royals will get some attention. However, let's be honest here. Catherine will get the bulk of the attention. There's no other way around it.

But she's not attending and the point is moot. Therefore, I'm glad the attention will be on Guillaume and Stephanie.

Well, I don't know, MidnightSonatta. If that's the case then the Duchess of Cambridge will never be able to weddings and events with her royal counterparts.

I'm really looking forward to watching the coverage online. I'm just sorry that Stephanie's mother won't be there to watch her daughter get married but I'm sure she will be there in spirit though.

There's been no coverage of Guillaume and Stephanie's engagement in the UK, nor is there likely to be of their wedding. The only way I could see the British press even acknowledging this event is if William and Kate were to attend, and even then there would be much more coverage of them than of the couple getting married, who are unknown in the UK.

I do think she will attend some major foreign events in the future. I just disapprove of William and Catherine attending this wedding because Guillaume is the heir to the throne and as such it should be Prince Charles to attend this wedding. Another is that Catherine is new to the royal scene and therefore, the press are still focus on her.

There's been no coverage of Guillaume and Stephanie's engagement in the UK, nor is there likely to be of their wedding. The only way I could see the British press even acknowledging this event is if William and Kate were to attend, and even then there would be much more coverage of them than of the couple getting married, who are unknown in the UK.

Of course their wedding will not be cover in the UK. The majority of the press in the UK doesn't even know there are other royals besides the British nor do they acknowledge them. However, the wedding will be cover by other countries besides Luxembourg.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to see The Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall attend the wedding but Charles haven't attended a royal wedding for several years now. The Queen usually send the Wessex's, Kents or Gloucester's to royal weddings and other major royal events.

You never know how this could have worked out. Perhaps Guillaume and Stephanie would have enjoyed having William and Catherine in attendance, knowing it would bring wider coverage of their own nuptials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom