Guillaume and Stéphanie: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been asked before but looked back and couldn't see any mention of it. Will the Royal guests (assuming there are royal guests) be attending the civil ceremony or not do we think? What happened with Henri and MT - did guests come to both or just the church service? I know that Monaco had a small civil wedding and big religious one but i think the Netherlands had the same guests attending both civil and religious services. Just wondering how much of the royal guests we might get to see

hi guys! would you send them letters in connection to their wedding? thanks for the reply :))

Sorry if this has been asked before but looked back and couldn't see any mention of it. Will the Royal guests (assuming there are royal guests) be attending the civil ceremony or not do we think? What happened with Henri and MT - did guests come to both or just the church service? I know that Monaco had a small civil wedding and big religious one but i think the Netherlands had the same guests attending both civil and religious services. Just wondering how much of the royal guests we might get to see
Don't think the royal guests will attend the civil Ceremony.
As far as i know at Henri and Maria Teresa's Wedding the civil Wedding was attended by Familiy and luxemburgian officials so i think the same will be the case here.

I think reigning monarchs may attend the civil ceremony. I saw pictures of Queen Margrethe, King Baudouin, and Queen Fabiola at the civil ceremony of Henri and Maria Teresa.

I think reigning monarchs may attend the civil ceremony. I saw pictures of Queen Margrethe, King Baudouin, and Queen Fabiola at the civil ceremony of Henri and Maria Teresa.
As Henri was the nephew of king Baudouin and queen Fabiola I would say they where there as a part of the family, and I think it's very likely that king Albert and queen Paola will attend the civil ceremony when Guillaume and Stéphanie will marry as members of the (extended) family.

Last edited:
So many of Guillaume AND Stephanie's blood relatives are Royals that their civil ceremony(not to mention their Nuptial Mass) is bound to be a Who's Who.

As previously mentioned Guillaume is related the Belgian and Norwegian Royals, as well as those of Liechtenstein and Sweden.

Stephanie is related to the family of the Count of Paris through the marriage of one of her cousins(French Royalty) and I think the Portuguese Orleans-Braganca as well.

I am beginning to wonder how Notre-Dame Cathedral will hold everyone that might be invited to this wedding! :ohmy:

I'm getting more excited by the day! I can't wait for this marriage! I, also, look forward to seeing all of Stephanie's brothers and sisters, [she has 7 siblings!],and her in-laws, and her nephews and nieces, etc..some of whom will undoubtedly be photographed, so that we will be able to see them online in the official Luxembourg Royal Court website as well as the photographs that will come out in magazines like Hola, Hello, Majesty, Point de Vue and Paris Match. Also, I'm excited about the official book published by Editions Saint-Paul that will undoubtedly be coming out!

On a lighter note, as you ponder Moonmaiden, will all the guests be able to fit in the cathedral? :lol:

So many of Guillaume AND Stephanie's blood relatives are Royals that their civil ceremony(not to mention their Nuptial Mass) is bound to be a Who's Who.

As previously mentioned Guillaume is related the Belgian and Norwegian Royals, as well as those of Liechtenstein and Sweden.

Stephanie is related to the family of the Count of Paris through the marriage of one of her cousins(French Royalty) and I think the Portuguese Orleans-Braganca as well.

I am beginning to wonder how Notre-Dame Cathedral will hold everyone that might be invited to this wedding! :ohmy:

So, will she wear her wedding dress for the religious ceremony? Or for both?

Mirabel, since there will be two ceremonies over two days I am sure Stephanie will wear one outfit for the Friday civil ceremony, and her full bridal gown for the Mass in Church the following morning.

And for the Evening Gala on the night before the Church ceremony there will be an evening gown...not her bridal attire.

Last edited:
Maybe the sponsoring channel realized that fashion is the primary interest of their viewers, and so more people would watch if the marriage ceremony was commented upon by Lagerfeld. There IS a lot of interest in royals' fashion. I think it's good that the couple established a social welfare fund instead of asking for gifts. It seems their palace is probably already pretty stocked with china and plate, but I'll bet some creative gifts come forth for their personal use. Like books.

Kaiser Karl can be really unkind...didn't he recently come out and call Pippa Middleton unattractive?

I hope he can behave himself on Oct20th. :ohmy:

Yes Mariel, I agree. I bet Guillaume and Stephanie would love to receive books and CD's as well...they are both big fans of classical music. :)

Last edited:
Kaiser Karl can be really unkind...didn't he recently come out and call Pippa Middleton unattractive?
I hope he can behave himself on Oct20th. :ohmy:

Karl said: "Kate Middleton has a nice silhouette and she is the right girl for that boy. I like that kind of woman, I like romantic beauties. On the other hand, her sister struggles. I don't like the sister's face. She should only show her back."

Last edited by a moderator:
Karl Lagerfeld? :ohmy: Really? I can see him commentating on Albert & Charlene's due the relationship he has with the Monaco family but... he's commentating on the Luxembourg wedding?

The Luxembourg Royal Family--all due respect--is not exactly known for their exquisite styling choices. Maria Teresa, Alexandra and now Stephanie have worn less than flattering outfits in the past, unlike Kate Middleton who always hits the spot. This could open the door to harsh criticism from Lagerfeld if they continue to make those poor choices on the day of the wedding. On the other hand, Lagerfeld may hold his tongue understanding that if he is to harsh, he might alienate very wealthy and important [potential] customers [i.e. the Luxembourg royal family themselves].

I don't think Lagerfeld care, he has never hold his tongue before

The Luxembourg Royal Family--all due respect--is not exactly known for their exquisite styling choices. Maria Teresa, Alexandra and now Stephanie have worn less than flattering outfits in the past, unlike Kate Middleton who always hits the spot. This could open the door to harsh criticism from Lagerfeld if they continue to make those poor choices on the day of the wedding. On the other hand, Lagerfeld may hold his tongue understanding that if he is to harsh, he might alienate very wealthy and important [potential] customers [i.e. the Luxembourg royal family themselves].

I like MOST of the things the Duchess of Cambridge wears but I disagree that she always gets it right. She has worn a couple of outfits that I found downright ugly(that bright neon orange Stella McCartney dress comes immediately to mind) and sorry, but those sausage skin tight jeans she seems to favor leave me cold. I don't want an outline of her rear end or other private bits.

BUT...I agree with you 100% about the frumpiness in general of the Luxembourg Royal women. A friend who lives there has told me that Lux society just doesn't place the kind of importance on stylishness for their Royal family that they do in countries like England and Spain. :sad:

So in that way, Stephanie fits in really well. Which is a shame because she is young and pretty and has more than enough money at her disposal to look smashing if she truly made an effort.

Well I don't think the Lux Royal women are frumpy. Think they're dressed as most women, with higher price tags of course.

But frumpy is a very broad word.

Back on the wedding topic. I can't wait to see Stephanie's dress!!! It makes me wonder how good of a relationship MT has with Elie Saab that he could make a custom gown for Stephanie.

Custom made Saab would be great, but I have little hope to see it. I wish we will see Stephanie in nice (not frumpy) gown which will reflect her personality and won't be over the top. I hope Kaiser Karl will pleased ;)

I like MOST of the things the Duchess of Cambridge wears but I disagree that she always gets it right. She has worn a couple of outfits that I found downright ugly(that bright neon orange Stella McCartney dress comes immediately to mind) and sorry, but those sausage skin tight jeans she seems to favor leave me cold. I don't want an outline of her rear end or other private bits.

BUT...I agree with you 100% about the frumpiness in general of the Luxembourg Royal women. A friend who lives there has told me that Lux society just doesn't place the kind of importance on stylishness for their Royal family that they do in countries like England and Spain. :sad:

So in that way, Stephanie fits in really well. Which is a shame because she is young and pretty and has more than enough money at her disposal to look smashing if she truly made an effort.

I agree as I don't think that the Duchess of Cambridge gets it always right, she has had her misses just like everyone else.

Concerning Luxembourg: of course there is talk when one of the ladies gets it really wrong but in general more importance is placed on their work and how they interact with the public, something I find rather refreshing.
Being a royal is much more than being a human hallstand. And I don't mean that as an offense towards the DoC or any of the other ladies, I believe it is the media that places so much attention of what everyone wears, rather than the work they are doing.

I would love to see her in an Elie Saab wedding gown so she might prefer to go with a Belgian designer. Good things is that Natan's bridal gowns, the Duchess of Brabant's and Princess Claire's come to mind, are actually rather beautiful. The latter one is actually one of my all time favourites.

i'm very much looking forward to october to this wedding! it sounds like it will be a fantastic set of events.

i wonder when the luxembourg court will be releasing the guest list. will it be on the same day (or around) the wedding day or (hopefully) a bit beforehand?

i can't seem to recall how louis and tessy's wedding took place, but i guess this one, given the fact that its the hereditary grand duke marrying, will have a slightly more formal touch to it. if i remember well, louis and tessy didn't have an evening gala, although i seem to remember a civil and religious ceremony.

i'm sure maria teresa, alexandra, tessy and of course stephanie will chose very appropriate sartorial choices for the day. i'm sure the bride's dress will be spectacular.

i'm very much looking forward to october to this wedding! it sounds like it will be a fantastic set of events.

i wonder when the luxembourg court will be releasing the guest list. will it be on the same day (or around) the wedding day or (hopefully) a bit beforehand?

i can't seem to recall how louis and tessy's wedding took place, but i guess this one, given the fact that its the hereditary grand duke marrying, will have a slightly more formal touch to it. if i remember well, louis and tessy didn't have an evening gala, although i seem to remember a civil and religious ceremony.

i'm sure maria teresa, alexandra, tessy and of course stephanie will chose very appropriate sartorial choices for the day. i'm sure the bride's dress will be spectacular.

The last luxemburgian Wedding who can be compared to this was the Wedding of Prince Guillaume and Sibilla Weiller in 1994. But i took not place in Luxembourg the religious Wedding was in Versailles with the civil Wedding already have been held some days before.
Louis and Tessy had a very simple Wedding because the Prince had renouncded his succession rights before and probably also because they already had a son.

I agree as I don't think that the Duchess of Cambridge gets it always right, she has had her misses just like everyone else.

Concerning Luxembourg: of course there is talk when one of the ladies gets it really wrong but in general more importance is placed on their work and how they interact with the public, something I find rather refreshing.
Being a royal is much more than being a human hallstand. And I don't mean that as an offense towards the DoC or any of the other ladies, I believe it is the media that places so much attention of what everyone wears, rather than the work they are doing.

I would love to see her in an Elie Saab wedding gown so she might prefer to go with a Belgian designer. Good things is that Natan's bridal gowns, the Duchess of Brabant's and Princess Claire's come to mind, are actually rather beautiful. The latter one is actually one of my all time favourites.

You are so absolutely 100% correct. Think of the Royal princesses who get the most magazine and press coverage these days...they are not necessarily the ones who work the hardest, that's for sure.:ermm:

It's one of the many reasons I loved following the late Diana Princess of Wales so much...she was glamorous, stylish AND a workhorse for Britain and the causes she believed in...she was one of a kind.

there is no way stephanie will choose dolce and gabanna for her wedding gown.

natan is belgian but is generally favoured by the luxembourg ladies while also being of the same nationality as stephanie, so i guess it would be quite a good estimate.

some fine fashion designers come from belgium, like raf simons (dior) or martin margiela. who knows, maybe she decides to choose an edgier designer for her gown.

on the other hand, the grand duchess' dress was by balmain, so maybe stephanie will just any other international designer that she likes for it.

Do Royal weddings in Luxembourg generally have child attendants, or adults?

(Personally I don't care for troops of children scurrying about, possibly because here in the US it's usual to have adult attendants.)

Do Royal weddings in Luxembourg generally have child attendants, or adults?

(Personally I don't care for troops of children scurrying about, possibly because here in the US it's usual to have adult attendants.)

I think having children be the attendants is a wonderful tradition. Keeps them from being bored during the ceremony :D.

Makes for a great photo when they do goof off. All I can say is little William at Uncle Andrew wedding to name just one.

Makes for a great photo when they do goof off. All I can say is little William at Uncle Andrew wedding to name just one.

Oh, the pictures of kids goofing off at official events are priceless, but I'm sure for the parents they're pretty embarrassing. However, I do hope for some cute moments, if children will indeed be involved. Watching little Grace at the Cambridge wedding was seriously one of my favorite parts. She had some great facial expressions :D.

I do not like the hats which look like small platters falllng off the sides of the heads of some of these royal ladies. Duchess of Cambridge being one. Many others, of course.
This is "fashion" but it looks rakish. Skirts above the knees is also often seen on these ladies, which is also not my favorite look. I thought the hats at the Cambridge wedding were mostly awful. I remember earlier weddings which were nicer looking in the hat department, for instance, Princess Diana's wedding. Let's hope for some beauty and grace at the Luxembourg wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom