Guillaume and Stéphanie: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the schedule of events published at the HOLA website, starting tomorrow Friday with the civil ceremony and pre-wedding dinner, then the religious ceremony on Saturday morning . . . would we be able to watch any of these events through this site? I appreciate your feedback.
Take a look at this thread - Wedding of Guillaume & Stéphanie: Where to Watch it Live on TV & Online.
There are several websites to watch the religious ceremony online. :)

I believe that around the time of the wedding of his sister Paola to Lord Nicholas Windsor, it was established that the claims of nobility of the family are shady at the very best. But the family is known to be ultra catholics, so that fits :).

I wasn't aware of that. If, however, they are descendants of the Polish Frankopans, then their claims are pretty sound: the Polish Frankopans can trace their (noble) ancestry back to 11th century.

I hakve a couple of question. due to me being so busy that I really haven't been able to keep trak so excuse me.

Are the royals from the other cuntries atteneding the civil ceremony or just close family and friends?
Is the civil Ceremony being broadcasted on tv or not?

The Civil Ceremony is only going to be attended by the families of the bride and groom, and their witnesses and closest friends. It will not be televised.

I am disappointed, but I certainly understand. Maybe they want to savor their first few moments of being(legally) husband and wife in the strictest privacy. Due to recent events it is bound to be a very emotional and bittersweet moment for Guillaume and Stephanie. There might even be tears. :sad:

So no cameras.

On the other hand, they will share their glorious Church ceremony blessing and sanctifying their union with the world. :flowers:

According to her interviews last week she will wear her late mother's bridal veil.

And yes, I am almost certain that her very long blonde hair will be in an upsweep for the Church ceremony at least.

I thought Stephanie said her mother's veil would be worn by the statue of the Blessed Virgin.

I thought Stephanie said her mother's veil would be worn by the statue of the Blessed Virgin.
Does she say "her mother's wedding veil" or does she say "a veil of her mother's", that could mean that the statue was to wear a veil that her mother has worn to church, such as many Catholic women do. Well, we will learn which it is tomorrow.

Pretty good article, except where they talk about Grand Duke Henri's 30-year marriage to Grand Duchess Charlotte.

ou mean Grand Duke Henri's 30-year marriage to Grand Duchess Maria Teresa? ;)

ou mean Grand Duke Henri's 30-year marriage to Grand Duchess Maria Teresa? ;)
I think DCVO meant the error in the article:
His 31-year marriage to Grand Duchess Charlotte appears to be very happy. Showcasing the royal family, as the country will do this week, allows Luxembourg to put its best foot forward.

Last edited:
My goodness, the wedding actually got mentioned on the BBC breakfast tv accompanied by a 30 second footage of the couple. :)

My goodness, the wedding actually got mentioned on the BBC breakfast tv accompanied by a 30 second footage of the couple. :)

It got mentioned in a tiniest newspaper I have in my county, it's a free paper they have on the bus to university. I was amazed. Although The Duke and Duchess of Wessex are attending. :whistling:;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom