Guillaume and Stéphanie: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a nice anecdote: Stephanie hat made her first public appearance abroad at the christening of Princess Estelle of Sweden.

Princess Estelle will made her first steps abroad as a "guest" at the wedding of Stephanie and Guillaume.

Billed-Bladet - Prinsesse Estelle forlader Sverige for første gang

She will actually be at the ceremony? Wow! She must be one well-behaved six-month-old :D. If it is the case, then I'm looking forward to seeing her looking all precious in a 'fancy' dress.

Wouldn't little Estelle be taken care of by a nanny or friends during the ceremony? But I think it's great that Victoria and Daniel will take her with them; perhaps Victoria is nursing Estelle? What a nice little family and a model for Guillaume and Stephanie!

I would love to see Estelle but would be surprised if she attended the ceremony (maybe in the rear)

Not enough space in the Palais? Are all the royal guests going to the Gala too? Is that just assumed?
If the royal guests are there on Friday they are most likely to go to the dinner, as well as the guests at the Swedish and British weddings in 2010 and 2011 attended the festivities the evening before the church wedding.

Here's the article in English: Wort.lu - Parliament transformed into dinner venue

She will actually be at the ceremony? Wow! She must be one well-behaved six-month-old :D. If it is the case, then I'm looking forward to seeing her looking all precious in a 'fancy' dress.

I know that Estelle will be in Luxembourg with her parents but I emphatically do not want to see her in the Cathedral.

Not only is it unfair to the bride and groom to take the risk of the baby becoming upset and disrupting their ceremony, it's unfair to Estelle. This is a going to be a Solemn Nuptial Mass which means it will be at least an hour and a half long.

Protocol requires CP Victoria and Prince Daniel to be seated up near the altar with the other Royals. They cannot sit in the back. Unless they will have the baby at the rear with her nurse while they are up front in their seats...but what would be the point of that?

I have watched several Royal weddings live but I have never seen one where a couple brought an infant to the Church.

Leave Estelle with her nanny at the Palace or Hotel or wherever for the Church ceremony. :sad:

Last edited:
I have read elsewhere that Estelle will be in Luxembourg with her parents but looked after by a Nanny while all the festivities take place. So she will not be at the wedding ceremony.

Wouldn't little Estelle be taken care of by a nanny or friends during the ceremony? But I think it's great that Victoria and Daniel will take her with them; perhaps Victoria is nursing Estelle? What a nice little family and a model for Guillaume and Stephanie!

To answer your question, I do believe it was confirmed Victoria is nursing little Estelle :)

I have read elsewhere that Estelle will be in Luxembourg with her parents but looked after by a Nanny while all the festivities take place. So she will not be at the wedding ceremony.

I have also read the same.

Why is it so important to you that Albert attends, when it doesn't seem to be as important to you that the royal heads of state from Britain, Spain and Sweden attend??

Diplomatic reasons mainly, i guess. For instance, Queen Silvia and the Crown Princess Victoria ( heiress to the swedish throne ) will be there. The spanish heir to the throne will attend ( and we can speculate that Spain is living a major economic crisis and that their Majesties could consider that their attendance to the wedding could send a wrong message to the spanish people ). As for the BRF, i think it would be more appropriate to send Charles and Camilla, or even, the Cambridges to the event than the Wessexes. After all it s the wedding of an heir to an european throne. P. Charles is the british heir and P. William is the second in line of succession, therefore they re closer to Guillaume s rank than the Wessexes.

I think it is as well who we might want to see over who will attend. I think many know when a wedding takes place the British Crown will send the Earl and Countess. I think the only people upset needs to relax. It is what is expected and not a problem with the principles.

Diplomatic reasons mainly, i guess. For instance, Queen Silvia and the Crown Princess Victoria ( heiress to the swedish throne ) will be there. The spanish heir to the throne will attend ( and we can speculate that Spain is living a major economic crisis and that their Majesties could consider that their attendance to the wedding could send a wrong message to the spanish people ). As for the BRF, i think it would be more appropriate to send Charles and Camilla, or even, the Cambridges to the event than the Wessexes. After all it s the wedding of an heir to an european throne. P. Charles is the british heir and P. William is the second in line of succession, therefore they re closer to Guillaume s rank than the Wessexes.
And princess Caroline is the heir to the Monegasque thone, so the level of representation is as high from Monaco as it is from Spain, and higher than the British level, so if it's acceptable for Spain to send the heir, it should be as acceptable that Monaco sends it's Hereditary princess to the Luxembourg wedding.

Last edited:
stellad said:

Thank you for the clarification! I appreciate it.

Let's hope that the forcast holds. It would be perfect weather for the wedding.

As Stefan posted in another thread, the Lux. court published an extra guest list.
I really can't see the use of it since some they will need to update it again soon as some people are missing, f.e. the duke and duchess of Parma, the duke of Braganca, the prince of Prussia etc.

'The other royals' for Luxembourg wedding - News Summary ROYALBLOG.NL

I think it is the first royal event for Clothilde of Venice, apart from the Monaco wedding. Nice to see the Badens, Bayerns etc. on the list. I am sure that by the time the list is complete they will have more royalty attending then most other crown princely couples (save Belgium and Spain perhaps).

I thought her interview mentioned that her mother's veil will be placed over the statue of Mother Mary?
I don't think it's her mother's wedding veil that is going to be placed on the head of the statue but that it's the veil the comtesse wore when going to mass in the church, similar to the veil Stéphanie wore at her mother's funeral: http://tinyurl.com/cwwcb4e

i'm surprised by the little representation from jordan. of course it's nice to see that jordan is sending representation, but i thought it was more appropriate to send a higher-ranking royal to the wedding of the future grand duke. although, seing the huge amount of luxembourg representation at the wedding of rashid and zeina, their attendance is due to a personal friendship with the couple...

I was suprise toread this morning in hello magazine that the dinner galla will be on friday not on saturday when is the relious ceremony so I wonder what drees she will have for the dinner! I would always think that the wedding dreess is for the dinner but in this case will be not!

Now that the event is really growing close, my exitement rises rapidly. I can't help hoping that the pre-wedding dinner will be white-tie. If the ladies wear tiaras, I will be floating in heaven for the next three to four weeks:D.
And I hope that they won't be too private about it. Just can't wait to see some great close-ups of ALL the guests.

think are very quite fot this wedding

Who will lead Stephanie to Guillaume when she is arriving at the church?

3000 roses!! Wow that is a lot of roses. Everyone looks excited especially MT and Henri..

Is there any information about the arrival of the guests to Luxembourg?
Thanks.

3000 roses may sound like a lot, but when thinking of the size of the cathedral I'm surprised they are not using more.

Perhaps why they are using quite a number of green leafy plants (or so I read).

Did I read right that the royals that are atteneding will walk down to the chapel and some of the events?

There are some pics on the Getty images page of the flowers being set up in the cathedral. I must say they are beautiful and in autumnal colours of gold, orange and brown. Just type Luxembourg into the search engine to see them. BTW, Good luck to the couple tomorrow!

I hakve a couple of question. due to me being so busy that I really haven't been able to keep trak so excuse me.

Are the royals from the other cuntries atteneding the civil ceremony or just close family and friends?
Is the civil Ceremony being broadcasted on tv or not?

One thing I have noticed for some time, is that the Grand Duke, Grand Duchess and their children strike me as being approachable people (within reason naturally). The Grand Duke especially looks like he would be a very charming fellow; Guillaume too.

I read the schedule of events published at the HOLA website, starting tomorrow Friday with the civil ceremony and pre-wedding dinner, then the religious ceremony on Saturday morning . . . would we be able to watch any of these events through this site? I appreciate your feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom