Guillaume and Stéphanie: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think they will be there. But why not confirm it. The dutch RF also don't add it to the agenda on their official Website but they have confirmed who will attend.

They never put it on the agenda. It wasn't on the agence for the weddings of Albert and Charlene, William and Catherine, Victoria and Daniel...

Has the designer of the wedding dress been announced?

angieuk, no the designer of the dress has not been revealed and I honestly do not expect we will know the name until the day of ceremony.

Just like with Kate Middleton, they will probably reveal the name as the bride is getting out of the limousine. :whistling:

Thanks Stefan, it's good to see them out and about for the first time since Comtesse de Lannoy's funeral last month. I wonder why there is an embargo on their interview with the press?

Can't wait to read it! :)

i find it very sweet that both the grand ducal couple and guillaume and stephanie took the time to chat to the lady walking at the street. it just shows what a laid back family they are.
stephanie is looking great. her hair seems a lot longer this time...

At last some pix of them !!! Honestly they are too discreet... of course she has just lost her mother but I miss pix of them !

I can't believe how long Stephanie's hair is now. It's almost waist length! :ohmy:
I wonder is she growing it super long for the wedding? :whistling:

I hope the Court doesn't wait for the wedding day to publish the interview. :ermm:

I wonder which German Royals will attend the wedding!

Daniel and Victoria are listed as attending on October 19, 20 AND 21 vs Queen Silvia on October 19 and 20. I wonder if there is an event on 21 October.

Charles Did Attend Prince Felipe's Wedding

I am almost positive Prince Charles attended Prince Felipe's wedding. In fact, I believe I remember seeing a photo of Prince Charles sitting with Prince Albert of Monaco at the wedding reception.--But everyone is right, the Wessexes are pretty much given this duty for this time period and they're doing a marvelous job. They've forged many genuine friendships through the years.

--I expect William and Kate to attend more continental functions as the years go by. But it will always be different for them.--They are from the most famous royal family in the world and they are international "rock stars" if you will.--The security and media coverage they get wherever they go will always be immense, and thus, oftentimes a hindrance.

I got it wrong, he's only attended Haakons and WAs and not Felipes. Thank you. :flowers:

Last edited:
Charles attended Felipe's and Letizia's wedding. I remember he was drinking with Ernst-August at the pre-wedding dinner and both were quite hung-over. Our reporters were joking about them all day long. :)

The Duchess of Cornwall has an engagement listed for October 19 (the day pre-wedding gala will take place), making it even more unlikely she and Prince Charles would be the representatives for Britain. I agree with everyone else that the Earl and Countess of Wessex are pretty much a given.

Has it been announced/confirmed yet whether Prince Albert and Princess Charlene will be attending the wedding celebrations?

Countess Stephnie Wedding Dress

;)Stephanie's Wedding Dress, Grand Duchess MarieTheresa's winter wedding gown was not so stylish though it was trimmed with fur to reflect the cold weather. I would assume that :)Stephnie's gown would be made of satin, this is a warm fabric which can shield her from the autumn breeze.

Has it been announced/confirmed yet whether Prince Albert and Princess Charlene will be attending the wedding celebrations?

The Grand Ducal Court will not release a complete Guest List until next week, but I am almost 100% certain that Albert and Charlene will be there. ;)

I was sure they are coming from all I heard. I thought it was confirmed.

Great we are getting confirmation of royals. I wonder if Albert & Charlene will make an appearance.

I think it is unlikely that none of them will attend, so it seems that the court left this out of the press release. According to Wort, also the siblings of GDss Maria Teresa will attend. The article also says that MT's parents will be there, which would be a miracle indeed since they are both dead.

Nice that they also invited Hélene Vestur, ex-wife of Prince Jean.

Last edited:
I hope they did not put on Sophie's invite "Prince Edward and Princess Sophie".

So Caroline will be in Luxembourg but not Albert and Charlene. I wonder what they have scheduled because it is unusual for Albert to miss a major event.

I hope they did not put on Sophie's invite "Prince Edward and Princess Sophie".

I don't see why they would the guestlist says "The Prince and Princess Edward of Wessex" which is there correct title. :flowers:

No Phillipe & Mathilde or Albert & Charlene? I'm stunned!

I don't see why they would the guestlist says "The Prince and Princess Edward of Wessex" which is there correct title. :flowers:

Not really. TRH Prince and Princess Edward of the United Kingdom perhaps but definitely not "of Wessex". Besides if they can get TRH The Duke and Duchess of Brabant correct it should not have been too hard to get TRH The Earl and Countess of Wessex correct.

Not really. TRH Prince and Princess Edward of the United Kingdom perhaps but definitely not "of Wessex".

If Charles and Camilla are TRH Prince and Princess of Wales, exactly why can't Edward and Sophie be TRH Prince and Princess of Wessex? He is afterall His Royal Highness The Earl of Wessex.

If Charles and Camilla are TRH Prince and Princess of Wales, exactly why can't Edward and Sophie be TRH Prince and Princess of Wessex? He is afterall His Royal Highness The Earl of Wessex.

Definitely off topic but I thought the answer was obvious. Charles is HRH The Prince of Wales but not HRH Prince Charles of Wales. Edward is HRH The Earl of Wessex but not HRH Prince Edward of Wessex or HRH The Prince of Wessex. As children of the title holder Charles' sons are HRH Prince X of Wales. If the 1917 Letters Patent were enforced Edwards children would be HRH Prince/Princess X of Wessex.

The mods should probably move this over to the British styles and titles forum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom